Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still no Trick or Treaters.

2...Next

Comments

• sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I have my seasons set to 4 weeks and I create my own spooky holiday. It was working fine but after island living, the trick-or-treaters stopped coming
  • SadiexsdSadiexsd Posts: 1 New Member
    I am sick of not being able to use the trick or treat tradition! Lol, here are some tips/things I’ve learned.
    1. Having the spooky stuff pack will not help with trick or treating.
    2. Seems to me, the minute I started messing with how long the seasons were in settings trick or treating stopped working.
    3. If you do have longer seasons (14 days or more) this could be why you are not getting trick or treaters at your house. So! before giving up all hope reset your calendar to 7 days, and try again. You could also try going 14 days until the week of Halloween, and resetting to 7 days for that specific week. that might work too.

It has been so long since my sims have had trick or treaters and I keep coming back to the issue. although I do believe teens can hand out candy, (I could be wrong) don’t get me started on the fact that your own child sims can’t trick or treat like the rest of the kids. The Trick or treating tradition worked well, for adult sims, until it didn’t.

(If you have tried resetting to 7 days already please comment and let me know if it worked or you!)

4. The remembrance tradition has never worked for me, and I’ve tried everything. I have spooky stuff and vampires, you cannot do anything with the gravestones in Forgotten Hollow. They are just there for decoration. Even real/decorative gravestones don’t work so I’ve stopped using the tradition completely. I really miss the graveyards! like the ones in previous sims games!

All in all when trick or treating was working, it was pretty flawless, NPCs would ring the doorbell and I’d have the option of “trick” or “treat” & always had plenty of visitors, around 8 or more sims every time.
    5. None of the NPC sims have ever walked into my house while trying to trick or treat, so I can’t comment on that.

If anyone has anything to add please do! This is just what I’ve figured out/experienced, I’d love to know about any new info people have gathered with the Halloween traditions.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I wasn’t getting trick or treaters before the patch, but now I am. Hurray! Anyone else?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I've never seen it working, now that you mentioned it.