Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever get jealous of your sims

My sister said she is jealous of my sims
The only time I want something my sims have is when they make delicious food!

Comments

• asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yes! When they move out of home, they just get given 20,000 which is more than enough to buy or build a lovely detached house all to themselves, wherever they like. They can have the job of their dreams quite comfortably because promotion is pretty simple as long as they turn up each day and gain some skills (which can be done in an evening or so without too much effort), and when they decide the time is right, they can find the love of their dreams, get married and have a baby within about 3 days :D Plus, when they want to lose weight, they can run for a while on a treadmill and their body pings back into shape!

Sure, all of their choices aren't actually their choices...maybe I've made my sim a successful doctor and they've always secretly dreamed of being an artist, but there have to be some downsides ;) I think maybe if I could make my own choices but live in the sims universe, I'd be good :):):)
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    My sims always have better lives than me, even when they're not rich. Heck yeah, I'm jealous!

And of that they can dance. And they're always prettier than me.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    With all of the zombies eating my sims and vampire sacrifices nope... no jealously going on here. :D

But when I'm not torturing them and I'm just playing sweet family play and rich celebrities, I can't say I ever felt jealous. They look better and live better and I'd be lying if I said I didn't occassionally drool over a few hot sims but jealousy is not the word. I understand it's just a game. 🙃😝
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm jealous of motherlode, switching aging off, not having to pay for university (at least yet), breaking out into random dancing wherever you hear music, getting a promotion by completing a daily task and showing up on time, a clear career progression with almost no lay offs and getting a job by just choosing from a list on the computer without any interviews. Oh yeah, I'm jealous of being able to hack into CAS.fulleditmode to just play with the fitness slider with no further effort or to just age back down a life stage at will if really wanted.

I'm jealous of clicking a button on the phone or computer and going on an instant vacation.

I'm not jealous of having some mysterious computer player click various buttons to determine their various life choices, having bad things happen to entertain players, wanting to drink so many glasses of water autonomously, and having the pace of life determined by when a player feels like playing with them.

I'm glad I'm not pixelated but I would partake of some of their cheat codes.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Nope. I cannot be Jealous of my sims.

I can be, and often am, quite Envious of them.

(Jealous applies to not wanting other people to take what you have, Envious is when you want what other people have)

Semantics aside, I kinda thought that was kinda the point. My sims live the life I can't... huge house, regular vacations to exotic places and exploring hidden jungles or even going to space... I wish. I so wish.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,182 Member
    The ones whose lives I DON'T ruin, yes.
    The ones whose lives I DO ruin, of course not. Sucks to be those guys!
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    When I get jealous of my Sims, I go and do something ridiculous like give them even MORE money. I reduce my envy by living vicariously. They are only fabulous, after all, because I have made them so.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited October 2019
    No, I don't get jealous. But that could be because I'm almost 40, have a good life and much to be grateful for. My Sims aren't my "life rivals" or something I idolize. They are my little yellow chicks, that I enjoy spoiling :p

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yes, every time they get into bed and go straight to sleep and get a whole night of rest.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nope, it is just a game so I can't comprehend being jealous of pixels in a program.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Not really, the lack of choice, the short life spans - the not being real... every so often I envy their close relationships but then the thought of getting up from the computer and dealing with real people makes me decide that life is good.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Envious of sims? no. i'm not particularly interested or concerned about getting rich or a high paying job or having 5 babies and 1 toddler, the latter being a true nightmare! Also not concerned about an uptown apartment or a homey little bungalow. I live for the moment, each and every moment, so if it carried me off to good adventures and bad alike? then that is where i'm meant to be. I can't be anything other than what i am and that's enough for me.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Nah, I don't get jealous of my sims
    I'm more or less a really proud parent with everything they do, no matter how minuscule LOL
  • karieebokarieebo Posts: 24 Member
    I'm jealous about the fact that they can learn skills so easily and quickly. Honestly, would be super helpful in real life, especially during exam season.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited October 2019
    I would love to go into any career I like and move up the ladder fairly quickly. Learning skills quickly would be great too. Sims don't go to the dentist. I would love to not worry about fillings and other teeth issues.

I wouldn't say I'm jealous though and I don't spend a lot of time thinking about that stuff. The things I listed would just be nice to be able to do in real life.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    no, I feel you with the food though, one should never play the sims while hungry ;)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    no, I feel you with the food though, one should never play the sims while hungry ;)

True.

I learned how to make Chicken Caprice because there was a period where my sims were making Caprice salads all the time (when making food autonomously.)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    I don't get jealous of my Sims, I'm too busy telling their story. It's the same reason I don't play my Simself. I've had a very full life, so far, and it's only getting crazier and crazier as time goes by, I don't need a reboot. Yes, in some cases my Sims have some of the dear things in life, but that's half the fun of playing. That's what games are for, to distract us from that which distresses us. That's most certainly why the game of Monopoly came about. The Great Depression. This gave these truly distressed people a chance to purchase and make money from, property. So, I embrace this game and tell my Sims' stories.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    What The Actual...
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    A little. They can inhale liquid and blow bubbles out of their mouth! When I try it, I just get choked and have a bad taste in my mouth for a few hours. I do get dazed from it though! :s
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    The only thing I get jealous of with my Sims is that I can make them seriously rich by using the cheat. I wish I could do that with my bank account..
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    No,lol, I'm a grown up I dont get jealous of digital people. Their tiny lives or what I make them they've done nothing on their own.