Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hi! :mrgreen:

Today was the first day of frost here. It looked lovely. We have our supply wood ready for Winter. ☕

I'm trying not to start anything until I know who will be my buddy. :cookie:

Thank you, @Jessabeans
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Username: Graceymanor

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!)
    https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Springfairy556

I think my page may be private.How do I turn the privacy off? :D

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them.

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All except Katy Perry Sweet Treats.

I own the following Store Content: I own 99.5% of the store.The only sets I don't own is Carnival Set and
    Midnight Hllow

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All except Midnight Hollow

Some of my favorite colors are: Reds, tans, baby blue

I really don’t like this color: Black and neon colors

I love to use items from this set: Brunch at the old Mill and any set that adds more cooking options for my sims.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I actually don't usually play in EA worlds, but my favorite would be Appaloosa Plains.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):
    Child's Paradise: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7623405
    Cape Garner Islands: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7882692
    Salem: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7148668

And any world by @Rflong7

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern): Colonial, Haunted Homes, Traditional,
    farmhouses.

I really don’t want this in my game: Modern items, berry sims

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) sizes between 30x30 and 50x50 are my favorite.Lots that are above 60x60 usually lag my game.

I want/don’t want berry sims: I would rather not do berry sims.

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!): I love ghosts and werewolves! And would prefer no faeries.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!)
    As much as I love large dogs, they cause routing and free will issues with my game, so i'd prefer small dogs and cats.I do love horses, but the lots I play on usually don't have space.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out): I would love if it they had some skills in cooking.That one seems to take forever to level up; though I would rather buy the recipes myself.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) Cooking maybe leveled to 5 or 6.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!) My sims enjoy cooking, painting, writing and gardening.

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) Usually they drive their own car, if not they walk.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)

I have a lot of different interests! I love anything related to Disney's Haunted Mansion, or haunted houses in general.I do a lot of story writing on the general thread, and try to incorporate romance into it, so romantic lots are always a plus, I also enjoy super heroes and villains or anything medieval, and love playing in the world of Praaven.

I hope I filled this out right.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Sent FR to @Rflong7 and @GraceyManor as well as linked all Buddy Letters on the front page of this thread.

To change the privacy setting on your wall, these instructions should help:
    Wall FAQ
    :)
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    I don't know why but the temperature suddenly drops on Halloween here. Wednesday it was 72f/22c then 34f/1c by Thursday night. It should level off soon but it definitely feels like winter today.
    It seems it's always that way here, too, and our temperatures were similar to yours yesterday and today. We also had a lot of rain and wind, and they postponed trick or treat here until the weekend.

@Jessabeans @suzses Wow, that is a huge change in temperature!! :o I know that where I live, the different thing was I heard someone's tire explode!

@GraceyManor I am so happy you decided to join the Holiday Gift Exchange!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited November 2019
    Rflong7 wrote: »

You have much more patience than I! I already started something; even if it's 180 degrees from what my buddy wants!

And, I'm glad you are joining the fun @GraceyManor.
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited November 2019
    @GraceyManor I'm so pleased you're joining the gifting fun :) My page is set to private too, but I just get by on accepting friend requests. I've sent you one...
    Hang on, I'm having problems....
    No, I've done it!
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »

You have much more patience than I! I already started something; even if it's 180 degrees from what my buddy wants!

In the past, I've done what you're doing @ciane and then had trouble entirely switching gears for what I actually needed to make. This time, I'm trying to take @Rflong7 's approach and wait. Waiting is hard. LOL

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Yes, waiting is very, very, very hard!!! But, I might get lucky and actually make something my buddy likes!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Reminder: The deadline to sign up/be a Buddy is TOMORROW at 10 pm (eastern time).
    Hope to see your letter soon!
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @ADWilson: What time is that in Texas? 10 pm (eastern time) Would that be 9 pm my time?
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @ADWilson: What time is that in Texas? 10 pm (eastern time) Would that be 9 pm my time?

Correct. Texas is central time, so 10 pm my time is 9 pm yours. :)
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I'm staying focused this time, I'm not going to start a bunch of unrelated sims projects. I'm not going to window shop the buddy lists and think about what to make for each person. I am going to just hope that my buddy will like their gifts and I'm not going to trash anything thinking it's all wrong days before gifting this time. I'm not even going to open my game again until I get my name.

At least I have plenty of wonderful stories from the last exchange to read while I wait. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    I'm staying focused this time, I'm not going to start a bunch of unrelated sims projects. I'm not going to window shop the buddy lists and think about what to make for each person. I am going to just hope that my buddy will like their gifts and I'm not going to trash anything thinking it's all wrong days before gifting this time. I'm not even going to open my game again until I get my name.

At least I have plenty of wonderful stories from the last exchange to read while I wait. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

I agree completely! I was tempted to create a couple of just in case builds, if by any chance rl circumstances gave me little time to create a decent gift.. I then realized that was not going to work! With so many different play styles it is hard to please everyone! Besides, let's say this was an actual rl gift for a friend.. Wouldn't you go to the store and buy what is in your heart and what you feel would truly brighten that friend's day! :) It is my hope that whoever gets me for a buddy enjoys the journey and has fun creating this gift! I am certain that whatever you choose to create your buddy will adore! <3

I forgot to mention, I agree with being focused and pacing oneself! I, myself find it hard to be creative when I put a lot of presure on myself and I want to meet expectations instead of letting my creativity flow through me! That is a very wise approach, Jessabeans! I know it will yeild very good things!
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
  • Options
    Aw, well, we all have different play styles, different build styles, and different prep styles too! I've been looking through floorplans.com and putting some images and floor plans in a maybe folder. I find that fun and helps keep me from being too impatient waiting for a buddy name!
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Aw, well, we all have different play styles, different build styles, and different prep styles too! I've been looking through floorplans.com and putting some images and floor plans in a maybe folder. I find that fun and helps keep me from being too impatient waiting for a buddy name!

Absolutely, I wish I had your talent! The gift you created for Heidihi was amazing! Not only were the builds gorgeous and Sims incredibly detailed, the amount of research you put into that build really impressed me! I will check out floorplans.com, thank you for the tip! :) I know that whoever you get for a buddy will adore what you create for her! <3
  • Options
    Mr Addy and I are having dinner with friends so I might be back a bit later than expected. If so, the deadline to join will be extended a wee bit.
  • Options
    I actually feel a bit guilty. Floorplans.com is a great site, but it's not the one I was browsing. I went to Houseplans.net! There are so many sites out there to explore!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I usually just type is house styles in a search engine and look for pictures which inspire. Sometimes floor plans but mostly pictures. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    @Rflong7 I ussually just Google a certain style of house and then I print a picture of the house I like, copy the front and as to the inside, well I just use my imagination! :)
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Jessabeans!!! Yaaaaaaas! Another familiar simmer. So glad you are able to join us again.

@AlphaFen - I'm so sorry that you aren't able to join us, this time around. But... it sure does su.ck when you're not feeling good. Looking forward to (at least), your witty remarks when gifting time rolls around.

The 4-letter dirty white word that we got -- some this past Monday, and the rest Wednesday night/and all day Thursday (Halloween), has pretty much now melted. Which I find, rather weird. Our temps have been BELOW freezing. (( the upper midwest has st000pid weather ))
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Username: Puddinroy

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!)
    https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Puddinroy

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All, but I don't have Fast Lane

I own the following Store Content: Maybe about 75%-80% of the store

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All, except for Roaring Heights

Some of my favorite colors are: Neon

I really don’t like this color: Pink

I love to use items from this set: Anything I can CAST

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Lunar Lakes

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8219962 by Rflong7

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) Anything that would be cool for aliens.

I really don’t want this in my game: Nothing

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) Doesn't matter to me.

I want/don’t want berry sims: Yes to berry sims. I'm a very colorful person with sims.

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) Any are fine

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!) Colorful animals.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) Sims-a couple of points in cooking. Pets maybe 2-3 skill points in hunting.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) Yes, cooking as they don't burn the house down. Gardening-maybe 1-2 skill points.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!) Cooking

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) Most of the time a taxi. If I have a witch, a broom and a broom stand.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) I love different colored sims and I haven't been able to make a regular sim for years after my sims2 legacy.

For example, a good thing to mention here is if you would like a holiday build. Mention the holiday, colors and/or traditions associated with it along with a brief explanation if it isn’t a well-known holiday.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~

• Options
    edited November 2019
    @Puddinroy Just got here in the nick of time!!! So glad you could join us!! Is this your first gift exchange?
  • Options
    @LMC6255: Thanks and yes it is my first gift exchange

• Options
    @Puddinroy This is only my second and I hope you have an awesome time!!
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm glad you were able to get your letter in @Puddinroy, welcome!

Thank you @MsPrissy88

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top