Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Hidehi wrote: »

Hi @suzses , just need to tell you that your cabin is absolutely beautiful with or without the photos!! ... and @Jessabeans, thank you for uploading the right table to add to the Star Market although the build looks gorgeous as it is!!! :D

I think we all get a little too worried sometimes as we want everything to be just right and fear that we have uploaded something that is lacking a touch up here or there ... but it doesn't really make the builds any less attractive and to be honest a lot of simmers who download our creations seem to change stuff anyway ....

tKPWmET.jpg?2

@Hidehi I totally agree!!!! :)

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @LMC6255 - I passed on your info and links. If the person decides to use myPoints, do you have a referral code?
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Hidehi
    Love your builds in Rflong7's beautiful world.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Thank you very much @GraceyManor !!! :D

I think Rflong7's worlds are fabulous places to find inspiration not just for building but in your case awesome story telling too ... I have been following your Christmas tale in the 'What happened in your sims 3 game today?' thread and saw that you've used a couple of screenshots of the Christmas Village train station :) ... beautiful story by the way ... shame it had to end <3 x
    ciane wrote: »
    @LMC6255 - I passed on your info and links. If the person decides to use myPoints, do you have a referral code?

@ciane Thank you for asking.. Yes I do have a referral code.. Here it is:https://www.mypoints.com?rb=57424604.. I understand that My Points and Swagbucks is not for everyone.. I appreciate your interest!
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019
    Thank you @Hidehi, as Suzses said, some of us didn't get the best set of traits. I was going to leave it and just hope that people would put in a table, I edit lots to my liking too, but some people use them as it. When LMC kindly asked me what I had intended to go there I thought it was worth sharing the recolor here too as anyone who is likely to use the lot found it here.

I love Alps village idea, those mountains are so pretty I'm sure it will work well. The train station preview looks great! I hope you share more about what you do with your world later on.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
    @LMC6255
    Here's an update with Ginger and Henry.=)
    https://paradiseboundsims.weebly.com/chapter-4
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @GraceyManor I'm really enjoying your story. :) I'm happy to see more is coming.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @LMC6255
    Here's an update with Ginger and Henry.=)
    https://paradiseboundsims.weebly.com/chapter-4

@GraceyManor Awesome story telling! I really enjoyed reading how Henry and Ginger rescue those in need! Thank you for making the characters heroic, and kind! I look forward to your next installment!
    Great story so far @GraceyManor!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @GraceyManor Loved the story! Where did you find the amazing ruined farmhouse? Did it come with the world?
    Thanks everyone! @SamelaRita It came with the world.
    The world is called Roseward
    @SamelaRita Since I see you are getting a little laptop time, I will get my pictures/progress up for you here sometime today. I did upload pictures but thought I'd wait to post something until I thought you'd have time to see things.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @SamelaRita and all

Just a little update on what is happening with Amber, Lucie, Leo and Rafe. Starting out here, I was still playing with Amber and Lucie's household. This is more about my gameplay than an actual story, but there are some developments in their relationships, and I did choose to do certain things I might not usually just to capture a moment.

They're very busy day-to-day with writing, painting, gardening, etc., so most conversations and interactions between them seem to occur over breakfast or dinner . . . or after dark (*cough* my apologies for pictures in the dark).

I used Imgur for these pictures because I rather don't like to spam my Flickr photostream with random game photos, and since I haven't yet figured out how to change the size of pictures on Imgur when I post them here, I'm going to put every last one of them in spoilers because they seem too big to me.
    zFbVUDT.jpg

One morning over breakfast, Amber casually asked Lucie what hairstylist she was using here in town. Nearly choking on a bite of pancake, Lucie was surprised to hear Amber was at all interested to know.

"I thought I could use a bit of a trim, nothing too drastic."

Lucie wisely kept to herself any thoughts about Amber's habit of trimming her own hair in the bathroom mirror and told her about the stylist she had found at Vitality. She wanted to ask what had brought on this sudden interest but decided now was not the time.

B1fiyoS.jpg

That evening, Amber and Lucie decided they were too tired to cook and that it would be a perfect night to eat outdoors at the bistro. They used the time to catch up on each other's projects and talk some about their dating lives. Their group outings with Leo and Rafe had lately given way to some "official" dates, Amber with Leo and Lucie with Rafe.

Amber wondered if Lucie minded her dating Leo. Lucie had, afterall, met him first.

"No, no, not at all." Lucie could see Leo was very good for Amber, and she was enjoying some time with Rafe, although their times together had so far been more limited that Amber and Leo's.

"You're liking Rafe then?"

"Yeah, he's nice. I've always thought long hair on guys was sexy . . ." Lucie really found both brothers attractive, but it's not like she had fallen in love with either of them. She was afraid she was ripe for a rebound relationship and didn't want that so was just trying to keep it fun for now.

[Actually, since I had made all four of them self employed, they had that nasty habit of needing to go to work just as the evenings were beginning. I *know* this is how it is, but I keep forgetting and more than once had them get together - either all four or separately as two couples - only to have the guys run out just about when they arrived at their destination. I can see sculpting at odd hours but who gardens in the dark? ;) I should have had them go out for lunch. Interestingly, Leo did seem to understand that he didn't have gardening to do at night, and after saying he had to go would hang around. So, at this point, he and Amber were getting more couple time than Lucie and Rafe. I never seemed to be able to find Rafe anywhere after he left, even though I tried.]

fyV6Xfg.jpg

Amber decided she was due for a day off. She was having a bit of writer's block, couldn't quite decide how to arrive at the intended ending for her current book, and thought she could use a diversion. She headed over to Vitality to see if she could get an appointment with Lucie's stylist and was pleasantly surprised to find he'd had a cancellation and would be available shortly.

Amber took a seat at the sinks and enjoyed the pleasant incense smells while waiting. She knew herself well enough to know she didn't want to make a radical change, just make things a little better, something she could blow out after a shampoo and get on with her day.

vb2zsfW.jpg

Amber examined the results of her hair cut and style and was pleased with what she saw. She loved the shine and bounce the new shampoo and conditioner the stylist used had given her hair and decided to buy some on her way out. It was far better than the stuff she'd been picking up at the dollar store, and since she'd just received a royalty check, she could afford to splurge a little.

f6Z49Og.jpg

On her way out, Amber glanced at the new arrivals in women's wear. How long had she been wearing this t-shirt? She could probably use a new one but not today. She'd spent enough money and time for now.

12UGYHk.jpg

Before going home, she decided to stop at the nearby pub to grab some nachos and ran into Leo there. He looked his usual well groomed self and smelled especially nice. He complimented her hair and invited her to stay for a drink. Amber suddenly knew she had been wearing this t-shirt much too long and wished she had picked up a new one earlier.

[The nice thing about having almost no one living in this town (other than NPCs and role sims) is that your sims almost always see who you'd like them to when out and about. Jenny, the sim I mentioned adding to the town first, *always* makes an appearance, usually followed by at least one of the Fairweathers and either Leo or Rafe, or sometimes both.]

lBAgYFb.jpg

A few days later, Lucie spotted Amber coming home and was once again surprised by the change in her. She had obviously been clothes shopping, but what was more noticeable was the glowing expression on her face, the lightness of her step. While Amber was heading in the direction of her computer, presumably to write, her mind was obviously somewhere else. Then Lucie realized what it was - Amber was head over heels in love! How very romantic. "Your new outfit looks good on you," she said out loud.

"Oh, this. I just picked up a new t-shirt, and the jacket was on sale. I've had the jeans but they were a little snug for a while - no doubt from existing on too much macaroni and cheese and potato chips while we were still paying that terribly high rent in the city. I'll still probably wear my more comfy pair while writing, though."

"And the sneakers?"

"Isn't it neat they had them to match the t-shirt colors?"

nBZ67WR.jpg

Lucie had recently taken a cooking class and was expanding beyond making her usual salad and a mean bowl of cereal. Tonight, she decided to try a goopy carbonara recipe. While she was at the stove, Amber came in and wanted to talk about the new book she had planned.

"Lucie, I'm going to try something new. I'm going to write a romance novel. My publisher thinks it's a good idea."

"Well, that's a big change from children's books, but you know, I believe in you and I'm sure it will be great . . . unlike this pasta I just burned! I guess we'll be having salad again."

I was planning to put up everything I've done, but this seems like more than enough for one post! I'll continue tomorrow if I can. It will be Winter in game then (finally) and I'll have moved over to Leo and Rafe's household to see if they're on board with what's developing.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @suzses Loved how Amber is improving herself! I haven't played this household yet, apart from taking the pictures, but I have plans for them. Not in these houses though...wait and see.
    edited December 2019
    @SamelaRita I'm very much looking forward to see what you do with them. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @Puddinroy I got to spend some more time with Thagus, who I sometimes call Thag for short, and Xads yesterday.

Note I might need to fix some of the pictures in the 2nd set on the post. :( Or clear the firefox temp cache, because when I click on the pictures to scroll through them the right picture shows up, go figure.
    Figuring Things Out
    screenshot-40_24_orig.jpg
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Woot! Loved reading what's going on in your games!
    Thanks for the story update @suzes, it's great seeing gifts in action. I love Amber's new look.

What a fun story @Mmdrgntobldrgn Xads's colors are growing on me, seeing him adventuring makes him look so cute. I've never used the not so routine machine but it seems to fit right in Thagus's home. I liked zombie karaoke. I like the irony of his sleep pod blowing a fuse, I wonder if it would have still worked as a bed without the fancy stuff.

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    It was fun reading the further adventures of Thag and Xad ! I agree with Jessabeans ... the colors are growing on me & I'm wishing to see if any of these carry forth with puppies or nooboos.
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    Thanks for the story update @suzes, it's great seeing gifts in action. I love Amber's new look.

What a fun story @Mmdrgntobldrgn Xads's colors are growing on me, seeing him adventuring makes him look so cute. I've never used the not so routine machine but it seems to fit right in Thagus's home. I liked zombie karaoke. I like the irony of his sleep pod blowing a fuse, I wonder if it would have still worked as a bed without the fancy stuff.

He is not able to use the sleep pod or the not so routine machine when they break. Maisy's friend broke the not so routine machine.

However given where today's game play ended, I suspect both are going to get tucked away.

The only spoiler I'm going to give away is it has nothing, directly, to do with his room mate Maggie. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @Puddinroy I've managed to get in two play sessions this weekend.

The further adventures of Thagus, Xads is off in the background running around with an 8+ hunting skill now. Eventually Xads will get a bit more attention in terms of notes.
    screenshot-6_41.jpg
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Another enjoyable read! Am really liking the direction SimLife has taken Thag and look forward to seeing how things turn out.
    edited December 2019
    Good morning @SamelaRita and all (well, not morning for you SamelaRita unless you don't see this until tomorrow). It's quiet in my house this morning, so I thought I would try to share the rest of what has been happening with my the Oakfield and Hunter households.

Winter has finally arrived in Fairweather (I thought we could name the town after its founder).
    WK1Vlf0.jpg

Amber and Lucie are spending their first Winter here in the Saltbox, which you see here all lit up for the holidays (realizing just now I should have probably put some lights along the house roof).

09BzKwJ.jpg

This is not the best picture, but I wanted to try to show you where things are placed in relation to each other. The Town Green is on the same lot you used, which I did even before I went back and checked where you had it. I placed the Hunter and Oakfield houses around it, plus some other mostly cape style houses I already had (and some as yet empty lots) on the three sides of the square with roads, the fourth side being the river. The Fairweathers are off by themselves where the road comes up from the waterfront. I was able to add in some extra lots, but so much of Moonlight Falls is unroutable that I couldn't do as much as I wanted. (Of course, maybe that saved me from ruining the town's routing. ;) )

U6Uzan0.jpg

With gardening out of the way for the season, Amber and Lucie have found some time to enjoy the newly fallen snow. Taking a break from rolling up a snowman, they talk about what Amber has in mind for the cover of her newly started romance novel.

pb0atIB.jpg

Before bed that evening, Lucie suddenly has an inspiration for cover art for the upcoming book, with a working title of Under the City Lights (I wasn't feeling very creative there). She resists giving the man in the painting long hair like Rafe's and stayed up too late working on it.

S1VKyyv.jpg

With Winter here, I started to think about using the church on the Town Green for something for Christmas. I attempted to take everyone over for a Christmas carol sing. I was planning to have Lucie play her guitar. They cooperated somewhat, but Rafe took off before I could get a picture. Here Lucie is going to see why he is taking so long in the men's room. He had stopped to finish off a snowman, and I then found him walking home the long way . . . So, this is the only picture I have of that outing. :D

I wanted to switch to the Hunter boys household here to see what they are wanting to do. They're more pragmatic and less romantic than the girls, but they seemed to be leaning the same way about their relationships (except Leo had just recently started sending gifts to Lucie - it's too late for that, fella!).
    So, after going to the church, I was thinking it really would be a nice spot for weddings. I never do weddings in my Sims 3 games, having decided a long time ago they're just too much trouble to get to work out, but since I'm doing everything differently at the moment, I decided to try it out. Christmas seemed a nice time for engagements for these couples, too.

6eAVgwB.jpg

Leo had decided to cook a nice dinner for Amber on Christmas Eve and propose to her that evening. He headed over to the market to grab some ingredients, where he ran into Amber and Lucie. He just couldn't seem to wait until dinner and popped the question right there. Amber was quick to accept.

F597Ecs.jpg

Lucie was nearby having a love affair with a brownie when she observed the romantic proposal. She then noticed the wedding cakes atop the baked goods display and couldn't help thinking about planning a double wedding . . . err, helping to plan Amber's wedding.

RxI0XR9.jpg

With Leo and Amber spending some time together at the Hunter house, Rafe decided to pick up Lucie for dinner out. After dinner, Lucie gave Rafe a gift of white roses to celebrate the snow, which they would have been much less likely to have for Christmas in the city.

reEDWrp.jpg

"Um, Rafe, what are you doing down there in the snow? I thought you would like the roses. I didn't upset you, did I?"

t6LZQWW.jpg

After realizing what is actually happening and hearing what Rafe has to say to her, Lucie happily accepts his marrige proposal. He wanted her to know how much her encouragement has meant to him and helped him continue with his sculpting and he feels he needs her in his life.

MOXnHjH.jpg

It's going to be a very happy Christmas in Fairweather.

Weddings for New Year's Eve
    I decided to have the weddings while the church was still decorated for Christmas. Winter was almost over in my game (I keep it short), and I saw that Spring was going to come at midnight of the current day. Eep. I tried lengthening Winter a few days, but no matter what I tried, Spring was still predicted for the following day. I guess it was too late in the season to lengthen it, and I didn't want to tamper too much more because sometimes I've regretted that in the past. Anyway, since there was still snow in the morning, we hurried over to the church for back-to-back ceremonies.

QIIsvNo.jpg

Leo and Amber went first, with Rafe and Lucie there as witnesses. They had decided they'd like separate ceremonies, but back to back.

OoHxvrm.jpg

Giving Lucie just enough time to change, she and Rafe wed shortly after.

(If you look out the window here, you'll see every speck of snow has managed to melt between the time of the first ceremony and the second. :D It was quick.)

qVqgrTj.jpg

I wanted to show you Amber in her wedding dress, managing to just miss the rice throwing here. Not the best picture due to the timing and since the walls are cut away, but you can also see they have refreshments in the back - the buffet table there on the left and there's a chocolate fountain on the other side.

uSEBDfO.jpg

And here is Lucie in her dress. (I really do need to take the time to learn to resize these pictures - sorry.)

While I realize these couples probably wouldn't at this point in their lives have the funds to buy wedding attire within a week's time, I decided, what the heck, if we're having weddings, they're having dresses. As you know, the guys already had their tuxes.

Moving Time
    I had decided Amber and Leo would live in the House on the Green (where Leo had his garden and kitchen, and the sculpting studio could become a writing retreat for Amber) and that Lucie and Rafe would have a new house, bigger than the Saltbox. Right in the middle of the first wedding, when the game asked about who to move where, I realized all the paintings for book covers were hanging over in the Saltbox, and I wanted to take them along. I had to think quick and managed to get Rafe and Lucie in there just long enough for Lucie to grab the paintings, although I had really been thinking about Amber having them.

fbmDKzC.jpg?1

This is Lucie and Rafe's new home. The farm beside it came from one of my other games (I'll probably re-side it when I get the time) and needed to have a corner lot, which I couldn't find. My solution was the lane to the left of this house, and I built the house because there was room on the lot with the lane for "something." These lots are on the opposite side of the Green from the House on the Green. You had gotten me thinking of saltboxes, which I hadn't built since early Sims 3 days, and this is one, although you can't really tell from this angle. I wasn't thinking of either of these couples when building it, but it was almost finished by the time of the weddings, and I decided it would work for Rafe and Lucie.

98J7XGm.jpg
    Fe4mfuH.jpg

There is a room at the back of the house I was thinking of for a laundry or pantry, or a little of both, that was still empty, and so I set it up as Rafe's sculpting studio, but I only had a spot for an easel at a window in the upstairs hallway. Since I felt like I was shortchanging Lucie, and since newlyweds like to spend a lot of time together (right?) I squeezed them both into the studio. Cozy.

This last isn't too relevant to anything else, but shortly after moving in, I sent them over to the bistro for dinner, and this happened:

XDKTL9D.jpg

I thought, oh no, we're going to have one of those newlywed tragic death stories I keep seeing in the news! You can tell from Lucie's eyes, she thought so, too. (In my game the flame appeared to be alarmingly traveling up her arm, but it's not as clear in the picture.)

9CceL9k.jpg

Tragedy was averted, though, because the flame stopped running up her arm by the time they got to their table. This does explain the scene I came upon many years ago at another bistro with a flaming towns person surrounded by screaming onlookers. I always wondered how that happened.

And by the time I'm finished, it's no longer morning here. As soon as I typed about it being quiet, the dogs came bounding in wanting everything all at once.

Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I enjoyed both updates tremendously!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top