Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited December 2019
    @60smusicluvr I loved hang out at the DD thread during the Summer! It began with simply trying to find a way to beat the high prices for store stuff.. Much to my joy, I got to "meet" some of the most creative Simmers! Those included Zee Gee and I never really chatted with Wallin, but because bekkasan shared the dancing queen video I got interested in seeing if there were more and much to my joy I discovered Wallin's thread https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906751/repost-wallins-lets-celebrate-the-sims-3-holiday-dance-video-series#latest
    I was totally in love with his video making genius!! I also love that he added a personal touch by using the avatars of those that participated in the DD thread! Personally, I wish I knew how to create a machinima.. They are so awesome to watch, I especially love the "Saga of Sunset Valley" create by Zee Gee!! I already own a good chunk of the store, I hope to own some more stuff.. ( I do sympathize with the alarm clock) ;) I know I'm still pretty much a newbie, but I love exploring and discovering stuff like Wallin's Christmas Videos!! :)<3
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm enjoying the stories and peeks in on the gifts. Those are great videos too LMC, Wallin is very talented.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited December 2019
    @ciane: Great start. OOO, twins.

@Jessabeans: Love your avatar.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Hello

@Kesminlix: Hello

@Rflong7: Hello

@GraceyManor: Hello

@LMC6255: Hello

@suzses: Hello

@ADWilson: Hello

@60smusicluvr: Hello

@Hidehi: Hello

@SamelaRita: Hello

Love all the stories and peeks.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    edited December 2019
    48983ec64e430e8b52d106638c8f276b02b5fe58.jpg

If any of you are using Star Market, I didn't noticed until it was too late that I had not uploaded my final version. (I need to start a better in progress labeling system.) It was supposed to have this table upstairs. I didn't even notice it was gone when taking pictures. I uploaded the table recolor for @LMC6255 https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9353082 but wanted to put it here just in case anyone else would like it too. I'll leave it in my studio for a while, but I occasionally cull object recolors.

I'm sorry about the lack of a table, and also for the unfinished moodlet you get in the spanish home kitchen (the missing tile is in the porch ceiling behind the kitchen). I will focus on quality over quantity in the next gift exchange.

Thanks @Puddinroy, she was a sim I made when University first came out. I hope you are having a lovely weekend.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    You are awesome @Jessabeans; and you found the missing tile, so we don't have to look for it. I always have lots of versions at the end too, and it's easy to upload a different version than you intended. Thanks for uploading the table and chairs recolor. It's a perfect gingham pattern!
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @Jessabeans I've recently added a meme to my collection ...
    ido-mybest-prpofreading-after-lve-hit-send-33485618.png
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Jessabeans Thank you :) I've been enjoying the market without the official addition, but it's nice to see what and where you had in mind.
    It's amazing we don't make more mistakes when we're sharing so many things at once. :#

I certainly had my problems, too - those photos. Urg. I didn't know until the past couple days that they didn't even transfer with the 'regular' version of the chalet. Can't even figure out why, since I made the decorated one from the undecorated one . . . When I export a lot with things like that, what I normally do is evict the sim who made photos, pictures, whatever to the clipboard and export while the sim is still on the clipboard. So, I thought I did that with both versions, but now I'm wondering if I made a mistake with the one. Anyway, as I know you saw (and others might want to know, too), I uploaded my upgrader/tester sim with freshly taken photos to be used however needed/wanted. I put him up with a "for LMC" cover because I wasn't thinking of him as something everyone in the sim world would want, but you're all welcome to grab him for the photos, if nothing else.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @Jessabeans I've recently added a meme to my collection ...
    ido-mybest-prpofreading-after-lve-hit-send-33485618.png
    That is so me :D;)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @Jessabeans @suzses I just got on now!! Erands, erands, erands, you know.. ;) Thank you for uploading the files that were needed for making your beautiful builds even more perfect!! <3 I downloaded everything earlier and I hope to install it and see it all in game either tonight or tomorrow (yes, I got tomorrow off) :) .. So far I haven't heard anything concerning my own gift builds, fingers and toes crossed, but who knows!! :D
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I love that Meme!! It is exactly what happens to me after I hit the send button!! ;)
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    suzses wrote: »
    @Jessabeans Thank you :) I've been enjoying the market without the official addition, but it's nice to see what and where you had in mind.
    It's amazing we don't make more mistakes when we're sharing so many things at once. :#

I certainly had my problems, too - those photos. Urg. I didn't know until the past couple days that they didn't even transfer with the 'regular' version of the chalet. Can't even figure out why, since I made the decorated one from the undecorated one . . . When I export a lot with things like that, what I normally do is evict the sim who made photos, pictures, whatever to the clipboard and export while the sim is still on the clipboard. So, I thought I did that with both versions, but now I'm wondering if I made a mistake with the one. Anyway, as I know you saw (and others might want to know, too), I uploaded my upgrader/tester sim with freshly taken photos to be used however needed/wanted. I put him up with a "for LMC" cover because I wasn't thinking of him as something everyone in the sim world would want, but you're all welcome to grab him for the photos, if nothing else.

I downloaded him for the photos, maybe I'll put him in a household with my tester sim for when I need a second sim for testing. I'm sure the townies don't appreciate being kidnapped to test out hayrides, gondolas and massages and whatnot in my game.

It still bothers me sometimes that I made you a home for a mermaid and left a fireplace going in nearly every room, only to find out mermaids get a debuff from fireplaces afterword. It's the silliest of things sometimes, but just seeing my sim in the store drinking her coffee on the toilet made me feel so bad. Maybe I was projecting, sometimes all the tables at the bookstore starbucks are full and we have to drink our coffee on the kids storytime stools. We totally never did that until we had a kid of our own to take to the kids section. Totally.

Yes @Mmdrgntobldrgn that kitten is definitely me too, I am not sure I've ever managed to make a post I didn't have to edit later.

Thanks Ciane
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @Jessabeans I do so many things that bug me later :s and I'm really trying while building to do it right. My mermaid has always spent a lot of time out and about, and the fireplaces weren't such a big deal for her. She's lovely, as is her house, and I still treasure everything you made for me.

I'm sure Matt would like to go on hayrides and get massages and so on. About the only fun he's had recently was a couple days in a hot tub. :D
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @Jessabeans @suzses I just got on now!! Erands, erands, erands, you know.. ;) Thank you for uploading the files that were needed for making your beautiful builds even more perfect!! <3 I downloaded everything earlier and I hope to install it and see it all in game either tonight or tomorrow (yes, I got tomorrow off) :) .. So far I haven't heard anything concerning my own gift builds, fingers and toes crossed, but who knows!! :D
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I love that Meme!! It is exactly what happens to me after I hit the send button!! ;)

Thank you

I went to your park and my sim walked right off the bridge...

...because she was at the end of it. No, I haven't noticed anything out of sorts with your lots.
    549d7aea8664b04117f1a512ac78e5381d13a23f.jpg
    I did have a sim ice skate right into a bridge when I was trying to build an ice skating pond. Townies kept showing up getting bored and making snowmen when I was trying to check pond routing. I was happy to get a christmas tree farm with an ice skating pond as a gift.
  • Options
    @Jessabeans Thank goodness, your sim did not fall through the bridge.. When I built the bridge I didn't test it because I didn't have a lot of time.. I like what you did with KPST, looks really nice!! :)
  • Options
    @suzses Awesome news!! I already replaced the pictures (in the dining area and bedroom) and they look beautiful, like in your screen shots!! Thank you, I appreciate your help!!
  • Options
    @suzses Awesome news!! I already replaced the pictures (in the dining area and bedroom) and they look beautiful, like in your screen shots!! Thank you, I appreciate your help!!

I'm so glad it all worked out!

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @Suzses It was much easier than I thought! The recolors were very easy! You did a wonderful job on Matt, he's a very good looking sim.. I was thinking of getting him a girlfriend.. ;)
  • Options
    @Suzses It was much easier than I thought! The recolors were very easy! You did a wonderful job on Matt, he's a very good looking sim.. I was thinking of getting him a girlfriend.. ;)

Haha. Things are looking up for poor, overworked Matt.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    I just thought, I'd offer a little help out with some of your last minute Christmas shopping.. ;) As most you know, EA used to allow members to earn Sim points for taking part in various commercial incentives.. Well, being a newbie, I missed out on that as well.. :( So I needed a plan B to fund my gaming habit!! :D In my pursuit of a plan B I discovered Swag Bucks and My Points: ( Just in case you don't use these site or haven't heard of these already, here the links)

http://ww.swagbuck.com

http://www.mypoints.com

Unlike the system for earning Sim points that EA use to offer, Swag bucks and My Points pays it members in Visa cash cards, Amazon gift cards as well as many, many more.. Yes the kind of thing you can use in the real world!! Since most of you already pretty much own the store, I figured this may interest you!! These sites are lot of fun and yes! They are real and they do work!!! I have done pretty well since the Summer and with very little work on my part!! So for those of you that still want to buy that cash only world (Roaring Heights, Dragon Valley, Monte Vista and I think Barnacle Bay?) This may be a good way to do it.. Plan Bs are usually better anyways!! ;)

• Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    suzses wrote: »

@suzses have you tested uploading a lot with the pictures in a WA chest, to see if they will ship without issue that way? I know that some things can go in the chest, but others like the tent cause issue if you try to put in the chest and upload it. The other possible holders would be the SN shelving units that act as both display and chest. Not the fridges though, you can only put food in those, same limits on the fish tanks (which are a pain to keep clean, and the death fish will eat all the other fish, sigh).
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @suzses have you tested uploading a lot with the pictures in a WA chest, to see if they will ship without issue that way? I know that some things can go in the chest, but others like the tent cause issue if you try to put in the chest and upload it. The other possible holders would be the SN shelving units that act as both display and chest. Not the fridges though, you can only put food in those, same limits on the fish tanks (which are a pain to keep clean, and the death fish will eat all the other fish, sigh).

I do sometimes put a lot of things in chests. Hadn't thought about it with the photos, but they would probably work. I just sent them with my upgrader sim, which did work. He has 10 photography and a top-of-line camera so I thought she could have him take some more pics, too, if she wanted.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @suzses
    I wonder if having photos IN the camera would also work during the uploading process. As for them not being in a build ... did you by any chance frame them? Framed Sim-created paintings do not upload so perhaps framed Sim-taken photographs won't either.
    Just tossing my two cents around.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @suzses
    I wonder if having photos IN the camera would also work during the uploading process. As for them not being in a build ... did you by any chance frame them? Framed Sim-created paintings do not upload so perhaps framed Sim-taken photographs won't either.
    Just tossing my two cents around.

I wasn't sure about photos in the camera. Decided to try them first in backpack, and if that didn't work, was thinking of in camera next. lol The photos are already framed (I mean there is no unframed option), unlike the paintings. I didn't recolor the frames for the ones in the backpack, just in case that makes a difference. The ones in the houses were all recolored, but they transferred with the holiday decorated version and not the undecorated, so thinking it was uploader's (my) error somehow - or silly game bugginess - who knows.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @suzses , just need to tell you that your cabin is absolutely beautiful with or without the photos!! ... and @Jessabeans, thank you for uploading the right table to add to the Star Market although the build looks gorgeous as it is!!! :D

I think we all get a little too worried sometimes as we want everything to be just right and fear that we have uploaded something that is lacking a touch up here or there ... but it doesn't really make the builds any less attractive and to be honest a lot of simmers who download our creations seem to change stuff anyway ....

@Rflong7 , just thought I'd let you know that I have made a start trying to fill up 'Hidehi's Christmas Village' with my own builds ... I've decided to go with the European Alps theme ... It is an absolute pleasure to build in such beautiful surroundings!!! <3

tKPWmET.jpg?2
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @Hidehi Thank you :) Many of us have that pesky perfectionist trait. I have to fight mine in order to get anything finished at all :D (which isn't to say we shouldn't try to at least get things to work right). But, I think you're right that we do change things, and I've always been more than OK with that. It's a simply a part of what playing Sims is about.

I love getting a peek at your Alpine Hidehi's Christmas Village. The train station looks great. Hope to get to see more sometime. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top