Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @60smusicluvr Brilliant! Your builds are such fun. B)
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Woke up to snow, ulp.

Illinois is decidedly not California, lol. Just going to leave a few coco's out for anyone who wants one.

Hello to all, mom's keeping me busy.
    hot-chocolate-15.jpg
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Thanks everyone =) I will join in, I'll write up my letter in a bit.^_^ Thank you for the encouragement

Hooray!
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn That looks delicious!
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I will GLADLY take a hot cocoa! In fact this morning, I walked to the local coffee shop and got one before I started work. Hot cocoa is my favorite hot drink... and white hot chocolate is the best! :love:

I can't believe you guys have snow already! I live only a few states away (next to another Great Lake) and we don't have snow yet... YET <--- key word :lol:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    It's even cold enough for hot chocolate down here in Texas. We've had some light rain and temps are suppose to drop below freezing tonight. I've brought in my plants to keep them warm.
    I'm glad you are joining in @GraceyManor and look forward to seeing what you and @60smusicluvr and everyone else comes up with, esp. the little world!
    ciane wrote: »
    It's even cold enough for hot chocolate down here in Texas. We've had some light rain and temps are suppose to drop below freezing tonight. I've brought in my plants to keep them warm.
    I'm glad you are joining in @GraceyManor and look forward to seeing what you and @60smusicluvr and everyone else comes up with, esp. the little world!

Lucky you, it's still the 90's here in Florida and it seems to still rain almost everyday! I hope you and your family stay warm and that you do get to enjoy some hot chocolate.. :)
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited October 2019
    Thank you to those who tagged me for making me feel as wanted as those four legally binding times when I accidentally ended up on a wanted poster o:) Despite loving to join an exchange with so many familiar faces and awesome builders I can't due to ill health and time constraints so I wouldn't reach the high levels of incompetency and bad picture taking expected of me :pensive: But I'm looking forward to see what you'll come up with and I will send Addy at least 35 pictures a day asking if I should move the rug left a bit or right a bit so she doesn't miss me too much :kissing_heart:

P.S I've parked my lurkmobile in a prime spot so I can watch the fantasticness of your builds and steal them all immediately <3

P.P.S I wonder if publicly announcing I'm stealing is why I am on all those wanted posters? :*
    @AlphaFen Loved your post! Will really miss your unique take on story telling :'( but hope that you have great fun lurking around stealing things admiring what's appearing/sympathising with those whose computers are conspiring against them/making sure Addy hasn't forgotten you. Hope your health improves at least some.
    Sorry you won't be able to participate this time @AlphaFen :'(
    Sending positive vibes for comfort while you speedily heal.

Appreciate your thoughtfulness in making sure I don't miss your company while I'm busy carefully inspecting each creation, lol
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited October 2019
    It's a grey and rainy day here, and all the hot chocolate talk from yesterday is calling me to make some, except I'd have to take a trip to the store, so it probably won't happen. Oh well, tea is nice . . . so is coffee. Hubby was up in the middle of the night and made chicken soup, so I guess we're all set for the weather anyway.

@GraceyManor So glad you've decided to join in. :) I do love your simmies, too, and I know you'll do just fine with whatever you decide to make. :)

@AlphaFen I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling great and won't be able to join in this time, but I'm sure we'll enjoy any comments you decide to pop in and make. :)

@MiaSkywalker I just realized I haven't yet said hello. (This hasn't even started and already I'm behind :D ) I was happy to see you were going to be helping out again, even though you can't commit to being a buddy. Always nice to have you with us. <3

Edited to add: I tried to say a blanket hello to returning buddies, but I don't know if you've sneaked in before or after that, so I just want to say, I love you all and am just really happy to be doing this again with you. <3
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    Thank you to those who tagged me for making me feel as wanted as those four legally binding times when I accidentally ended up on a wanted poster o:) Despite loving to join an exchange with so many familiar faces and awesome builders I can't due to ill health and time constraints so I wouldn't reach the high levels of incompetency and bad picture taking expected of me :pensive: But I'm looking forward to see what you'll come up with and I will send Addy at least 35 pictures a day asking if I should move the rug left a bit or right a bit so she doesn't miss me too much :kissing_heart:

P.S I've parked my lurkmobile in a prime spot so I can watch the fantasticness of your builds and steal them all immediately <3

P.P.S I wonder if publicly announcing I'm stealing is why I am on all those wanted posters? :*

Really, really sorry to hear this! You do know that it's only one gift, and not one or more a day, right?! But, it's definitely NOT worth the anxiety level or moving a rug all around and back again and changing its pattern and color oh so many times until its just right. What we do really miss is your sense of humor and unique perspective; and even if you don't feel in the mood to banter, we do still miss your presence. Your promise to pop in, despite not feeling well and being so busy, is enough. We'll try to distract any bounty hunters who might, or might not, be ingenious enough to look for you here, giving you plenty of time to steal away (in more than one way)!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member

Huge Hugs

I'm still enjoying your gifts from the last exchange.

Wishing you better health in the near future.

If you let me know which bounty hunters to be on the look out for and I'll sick my pet dragons on them. They've been getting peckish and are bored of mutton. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes

@AlphaFen Love you cutting edge sense of humor!! <3 I know Addy will miss you despite the many rug pictures! :) I am so sorry you are having health issues, :( I hope you get well soon! :) Please share in on the fun from your lurkmobile and I hope my build is worth stealing! :D I will miss your witty remarks! ;)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Buddy Letter form:

Username: @Jessabeans

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Jessabeans

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All

I own the following Store Content: All

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All

Some of my favorite colors are: Cools, Pastels, Neutrals

I really don’t like this color: I prefer orange as an accent

I love to use items from this set: Club Vaindenburger

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Hidden Springs

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): There are many I enjoy but I do not currently have any custom worlds installed.

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) I enjoy most styles.

I really don’t want this in my game: Werewolves

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: I prefer small to medium lots 10x10-40x40, if it's a larger lot I prefer the bulk of it to be lawn/garden.

I want/don’t want berry sims: I prefer realism usually.

I want/don’t want occult sims: When I play occult I like Fairies, Witches, Mermaids and unicorns. I don't really like werewolves, zombies, or vampires.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: I like realistic horses, I prefer not to have pets in families unless it's part of their story.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Skills that make sense for their background if they are townies, I prefer to start from CaS if I'm playing a sim.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Not really

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? A bookcase and space for a small garden

How do your sims travel around town? I prefer a few spots for a bicycle/scooter, or a few horse stalls if it's historical build or a farm.

Other: Make something that you love and I will love it too. If you would like to do a holiday build, a christmas cabin would be wonderful.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @AlphaFen, love your sense of humor! :D:heart: I'm sorry you're not feeling well and won't be able to join us, but glad you'll be around to chat a bit. *hugs*

Yay, @Jessabeans!
    edited November 2019
    @Jessabeans So pleased to see you back! I'm still enjoying your builds from the last one - and now I get to steal admire some more (don't know why I said steal. I must have been hanging out with @AlphaFen and she's rubbed off on me).
    Post edited by SamelaRita on
    edited November 2019
    @Jessabeans So happy to see your buddy letter!! :) I look forward to seeing what you come up with! Welcome back!! :) Btw, what is a realistic horse? I remember the one I created for the Albertson's was always lonely, that is why I hold of on horses, if you make them in pairs does that help?
    Good morning ladies, I've missed everyone. I'm still enjoying the wonderful gifts from the last exchange rather or not they were intended for me. I can't believe it's already time for another. I'm so happy you enjoyed your gifts @SamelaRita, I love the story you've written with them so far. I was going to catch up on everyone's stories now that we've settled in.

@LMC6255 I like horses that look more like real breeds, like having a farm of English thoroughbreds, bays, chestnuts, Friesians. I've seen some pretty colorful horses before and thought I should just specify that I prefer realism. Even with unicorns I still don't like to leave them in berry colors. Yeah they do get lonely. I like to play with 3 or less sims in a household, usually only one but I will have a bunch of horses.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn That coco looks so delicious, it makes my slippery elm bark tea even sadder. I'm going to have to have a mocha this weekend.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween. We stayed out too late last night with our little one and it was so hard to get her to school this morning, at least it's Friday.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Thank you for your encouraging comment @MiaSkywalker :D ... Yes I have been dabbling with TS4 and have uploaded a few lots to the gallery but not for quite a while. I find building is partly easier but mostly very restrictive because of the tiny neighbourhoods and the absence of the colour wheel ... I definitely prefer TS3.

To all the lovely people who will have to stay on the sidelines this time due to RL/health issues I very much hope that things will improve and go well for you <3 x ... maybe you have the chance to pop in every now and then ... it would be great to have some cheerleaders jollying us along ... especially when the 'panic attacks' set in nearer the finishing line ;)

Morning everyone. :)
    Woke up to slightly cooler weather, yay! Also woke with a headache, not so yay.

Lovely seeing another Buddy Letter!
    Y'all are a really creative bunch & your gifts are definitely going to be enjoyed by your Buddy and others!!
    edited November 2019
    Woot! Welcome back @Jessabeans. I know I'll love whatever you make, whether I am the intended recipient or not! :wink:

We've been having winter weather for the past few days without the snow, of course. (Can you imagine freezing temps in Texas in October? Brr!) We only had about 60 trick or treaters at the house last night. I think the colder weather kept them indoors. But the sun is shining, so that's good!
    edited November 2019
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Morning everyone. :)
    Woke up to slightly cooler weather, yay! Also woke with a headache, not so yay.

Lovely seeing another Buddy Letter!
    Y'all are a really creative bunch & your gifts are definitely going to be enjoyed by your Buddy and others!!

So glad the weather is cooler where you are! :) It's still pretty warm here in SW Florida, I wish the cold fronts would reach us already! :) I hope you got better from your headache.. I can sympathize! :(
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
    I don't know why but the temperature suddenly drops on Halloween here. Wednesday it was 72f/22c then 34f/1c by Thursday night. It should level off soon but it definitely feels like winter today.

I'm sad you won't be able to participate @AlphaFen, I was hoping you would ghost-write for me. ;)

It's always so inspiring to read over the buddy letters. It's good to see so many of you back and welcome to @Rflong7 and possibly @GraceyManor.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    I don't know why but the temperature suddenly drops on Halloween here. Wednesday it was 72f/22c then 34f/1c by Thursday night. It should level off soon but it definitely feels like winter today.

It seems it's always that way here, too, and our temperatures were similar to yours yesterday and today. We also had a lot of rain and wind, and they postponed trick or treat here until the weekend.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top