Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @MsPrissy88 Aww!! You're so sweet! I've been pretty well since the last time we spoke! I graduated college and I now have a part-time job in my field (though it's a possibility that it'll move to a full-time job in January!).

@ADWilson I just uploaded a test pet to my studio and it's official... I can upload to the exchange! Yay!
    giphy.gif

(If anyone wants him, he's my kitty cat from my current legacy! So take good care of him ;) )
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited October 2019
    equuest wrote: »
    This gift exchange sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm going to be in statistics for my next class. I feel like I really need to focus on that, so I will watch from the sidelines :)

@equuest I am sorry you can't join this time.. :( The Victorian house you built for me is lovely, <3 I love the way you decorated it :) I once took a statistics class many moons ago and even though it was a pre-graduate class I found it very difficult! I understand, I wish you success with your class! I hope you can visit us often! ;)
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited October 2019
    Looks like I got back in the sims right in time for the Holiday Gift exchange . . . or maaaaybe I just knew it should be coming around the corner, soon or later? :smirk: GUILTY AS CHARGED. :star:

Thanks for the tag and opening another fun exchange, @Adwilson.

I'm not sure I'll be able to create as many builds as the last time, but I'm confident I can at least do one.

Buddy Letter form:

Username: 60smusicluvr

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: LINK

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: ALL

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: ALL except Outdoor Living (I should complete the collection!)

I own the following Store Content: I own about 98% or 99% of the store. The only venue I don't own is Olympian Physique. I don't have some of the origin or pack exclusives and a few outfits. None are a big deal, so feel free to use as much store content as you like!

I own the following EA-made Worlds: ALL, including Barnacle Bay, which is not highlighted on 'My Page' because I got the world through a store glitch.

Some of my favorite colors are: :star: GREENery :star: , YELLOW, PURPLE, GREY.

I really don’t like this color: ORANGE

I love to use items from this set: Everything is welcome

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Appaloosa Plains, Twinbrook, Isla Paradiso, Midnight Hollow, Riverview, Hidden Springs, Roaring Heights -- ERR Couldn't narrow down. I'm honestly much more of a builder than a player. :dizzy: They're all so wildly different, yet I love them all for different reasons like the countryside, the swampland, the beaches, the mysterious, Don Lothario :heartbreak: . . . the hills, art deco . . .

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): N/A

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern): I'd say farmhouse, Victorian and cutesy cottages are my favorites. I like historical looking buildings a lot! That said, I love looking at architecture of all buildings so I have a pretty wide variety of things that I like that extends beyond that like art deco and mid century modern. Spanish style is gorgeous and something that I've wanted to create is a beautiful staircase design that leads to the door . . . I've always loved a good combination of industrial, brick and greenery . . . I have an eclectic taste! The only way you can go wrong with me is if you were to go ultra modern.

I really don’t want this in my game: Custom Content

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: I prefer home lots to be 40 X 40 or smaller unless it's a farmhouse. Sizing doesn't bother me on community lots

I want/don’t want berry sims: I prefer playing realistically

I want/don’t want occult sims: Occult sims are A-Ok! If you don't know already, I really enjoy doing steampunk builds and I have set up so many wonderful lots in Midnight Hollow ready for me to hop in and play. Occult sims would fit well in this world and I guess I'd prefer any occult sims you may make for me to be "Steampunk."

I want/don’t want pets in the household: I'm open to having pets, but please limit it to only one!

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? It doesn't matter.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household?: No.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? No, I really think it depends on what would look good and fit into the build or if you're building for a certain sim/family that would require certain content in order to fulfill their aspirations, but I usually throw a piano in at the very least. It's a staple in my RL house and it's actually used!

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? I don't really have a preference. For me, it depends on the house design and what my sims want/need. That said, I prefer them to stay away from the taxis, so, say a garage doesn't fit, plop down a car space and draw pavement or place a bike rack down.

Other: I really just encourage my buddy to have fun with whatever direction you choose. Like I said, I have an eclectic taste. There's only one way to go wrong and that's ultra modern.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

:mrgreen: I hope to build a world. Nothing huge but something fun, I hope. :smile:

:smiley:

Kesminlix wrote: »
    I graduated college and I now have a part-time job in my field (though it's a possibility that it'll move to a full-time job in January!).

Woot! Awesome. Congrats and good luck!

This sounds fun, but I'm not very good at creating things.I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Aw, @GraceyManor, I'm sure we'd love whatever you'd make!

Welcome back again @60smusicluvr!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @GraceyManor This is open to Simmers of all skill levels and is a fun way to grow as a builder while meeting new friends. If you're willing/want to, please know you're welcome to join and won't be judged for your efforts.
    @GraceyManor I am not a confident builder myself, however what I love about this gift exchange is that everyone is so nice and supportive! Even if you lack confidence/skills, we'll still all love what you make! You should definitely join!

@ciane Thank you!! :kissing_heart:
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited October 2019
    Hi :)
    Thank you so much! :mrgreen: I hope to build a world. Nothing huge but something fun, I hope. :smile:

Wow! Another person nearly splits their face open grinning at the thought :D

Post edited by SamelaRita on
    @GraceyManor Don't let that bother you! Last time was my first and I had computer hiccups and all sorts during it, but nobody said: Never darken these doors again! And hopefully I'll do better this time, having learnt from last time.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi everybody :D .... sorry there are just too many of you to tag :p

Thank you for making 'newbies' like me feel so welcome again!!
    This is what is so fantastic about Addy's Gift Exchange @GraceyManor ... no matter what your ability everyone really appreciates the effort ... and by the way you are fabulous at creating beautiful sims!! :)

I am just soooo excited to be able to take part in this Holiday Gift Exchange even though I may not have a lot of time to contribute much ... but I know it's going to be awesome!!!! :D

It's lovely to see all the familiar avatars ... and hopefully by the end of signing up there will be a few more new ones!

Thank you so much @ADWilson for hosting this brilliant event! <3 x
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Wait, we're supposed to do more than one thing? :(
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member

Only if you want to. The rule in a nutshell: minimum of one homemade gift. If gifting one thing, it must be a build.
    ADWilson wrote: »

Only if you want to. The rule in a nutshell: minimum of one homemade gift. If gifting one thing, it must be a build.

Awesome. :mrgreen:
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @GraceyManor - I will echo what everyone has been saying ....

DO NOT worry about whether or not your builds/sims/whatever is not as good as anyone else's. We are ALL diverse in what we do. And when it comes time to gift, you WILL "hear"/see a few of us gripe that we're gonna quit, or, shut our individual pages down.

IT'S ALL IN FUN!!

@60smusicluvr!!! Woohooooo!! WELCOME BACK. Can't wait to see what you come up with, this time.

Going to see HOW MANY people we now have. (( runs off to check the 1st page ))
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Happy to see the exchanges still going on.

HIYA Tanuuuuu !!!!! I have MISSED you. How are you? Hope life is treating you good. I have SO MUCH to tell you.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 Aww!! You're so sweet! I've been pretty well since the last time we spoke! I graduated college and I now have a part-time job in my field (though it's a possibility that it'll move to a full-time job in January!).

**snipped**

CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy for you. :# Refresh my (old) memory again? WHAT was the field you went to college for?

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88 Special Education :blush:
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Kesminlix & @Hidehi : Welcome back to the gift exchanges! Hidehi, you know I always love your builds; I have your studio here bookmarked (you came up with a Halloween build this year? Awesome! Perfect for that little Halloween world of pancake's from MTS!), and I'm wondering if you build (or even play) Sims 4 yet? I play both; sometimes I get frustrated by the way Sims 3 runs (or occasionally doesn't run), and then switch to 4 for a while, even though I prefer the gameplay in 3. (I ask because I haunt your studio HERE, and if you play there, I'll be haunting your studio there as well!)

@Rflong7 : *falls over* Really? You'd make a world? Even a small one is a lot of work! Oh my goodness, that would be amazing, but I still think it might be too much work for this? Oh what am I saying?!? I love your worlds! :heart: (I play your Winter Wonderland every December, sometimes a new game, sometimes a game from a previous year. I live where there's never any snow, and so I live it vicariously.)

I wonder if @AlphaFen is going to join. I always love her posts; they just crack me up!

@GraceyManor : The others are right - if you want to join, feel free. If you need pointers on how to figure out what to build, I think Addy has a list of some really good sites on one of her first posts. (Or at least, she's had that in the past; I didn't check it this time.) A good idea: Find a site that has blueprints for homes as well as a photo of at least the front of each home, and then try to do one that you like, and that doesn't look too complicated.

There are some old amazing tutorials by @ZooProfessor3 on the old forum site that might give you some guidance on learning how to build, and might give you more confidence. (She has some builds in her studio that are jaw-dropping amazing.)
    edited October 2019

Rflong7 : *falls over* Really? You'd make a world? Even a small one is a lot of work! Oh my goodness, that would be amazing, but I still think it might be too much work for this? Oh what am I saying?!? I love your worlds! :heart: (I play your Winter Wonderland every December, sometimes a new game, sometimes a game from a previous year. I live where there's never any snow, and so I live it vicariously.)

Thanks! I had such fun making Winter Wonderland with so many Simmers helping me build and make Sims that it gives me lots of heart fuzzies knowing people still play it. :heart::mrgreen:

I think I can make a cute little world in almost 4 weeks. I think I can, I think I can... I hope I can. :blush::sweat_smile:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Thanks everyone =) I will join in, I'll write up my letter in a bit.^_^ Thank you for the encouragement.
    Thanks everyone =) I will join in, I'll write up my letter in a bit.^_^ Thank you for the encouragement.

Yay! :mrgreen::cookie:
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited October 2019
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr!!! Woohooooo!! WELCOME BACK. Can't wait to see what you come up with, this time.

Aww shucks. :blush:

I love seeing so many familiar . . . avatars . . . here. LOL. :D

Can't wait till we get into it and see if anyone else comes to join us! <3

AWESIM! B)

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Aww shucks. :blush:

I love seeing so many familiar . . . avatars . . . here. LOL. :D

Can't wait till we get into it and see if anyone else comes to join us! <3
    Oh, I missed greeting you, girl! (Although I hadn't missed your entry form.) You do some amazing work; can't wait to see what you'll come up with for your buddy. :)

Fantastic! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top