Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited October 2019
    Buddy Letter form:

Username: Rflong7

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Rflong7

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them.

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All of them.

I own the following Store Content: Most of it.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All of them.

Some of my favorite colors are: Rustic Autumn colors, and acid green: and bright pink... and a florescent blue and white.

I really don’t like this color: I read this wrong. :blush: I like most colors so there really isn't one I don't like. (Burgundy and browns and Bright colors... most colors. <= I like those colors.) :mrgreen:

I love to use items from this set: Doesn't matter.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Riverview/Twinbrook

I enjoy playing in this custom world : Hehee ~ I haven't played in any other but my own.

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) Creative, is that a category?

I really don’t want this in my game: Uh, CC I didn't pick out, I guess.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: I like all sizes.

I want/don’t want berry sims: Woot! Berry Sims. = Yes, I like them.

I want/don’t want occult sims: I like them.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Pets are cool.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Some skills are great but not maxed.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household?
    Not really.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build?: Not really.

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom?: Whatever fits them best.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)

I like a little bit of a twist. A Rich Sim who hoards silly things (like bananas); a mean dog who's afraid of rabbits; a thief who gives away everything they steal; a house with a hidden trunk which holds a map to the best fishing spot (or something silly). I don't know. :)

I like Christmas and all the Holidays. :)
    This is my first Gift Exchange so I'm not sure what to add. I like many things and getting a gift sounds fun. :cookie:

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Rflong7 Really nice to see you here <3 These exchanges are a lot of fun, and I hope you enjoy it.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses wrote: »
    @Rflong7 Really nice to see you here <3 These exchanges are a lot of fun, and I hope you enjoy it.

Hi! :mrgreen:

Thanks. I hope I can make a fun gift. :cookie:
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Welcome @Rflong7 :)
    I know your gift will be enjoyed by your Buddy (and others too!).
    The cute :cookie: is making me a wee bit peckish ...
    b9272720-c6bf-4288-92f7-43542067af7c.jpg
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @Rflong7 I am so happy that you are joining us!! :)
    @ADWilson Yummy! Those cookies are making me hungry! ;)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Woot! Woot! I love seeing simmers join the gift exchange and I look forward to seeing what everyone creates!
    @ciane I look forward to seeing what you create for this gift exchange!!
    I'm with @ciane & @LMC6255 !!
    It will be great fun seeing what each of you create :)
    Looking at the letters so far, I have a fantastic idea! You just never know what will turn up!
    @ciane and @ADWilson I am looking foward to seeing more buddy letters myself, so far it's an awesome group!! :)<3
    This morning I'm making a pineapple, banana, orange smoothie. It's great for breakfast.
    pineapplesmoothie.jpg
    I found some interesting variations on the net using a cup of pineapple or apple juice OR a cup of almond milk to mix with your banana and cup of pineapple. The liquid helps out your blender if the juice of just the fruit needs a kick start.

Enjoy! Have a fantastic day.
    P.S. I've already found something fun to work on while I await more letters to read. I can't wait to share pics!!!
    Your smoothie sounds delicious @ciane :)
    Hubby has been doing various juicing (mixing fruits & veg) for us and some are quite tasty! He adds banana when he wants it a bit creamier.

Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Sequels of joy, followed with a gentle ambush hug .... Yay, glad to see you join the exchange

As a fan of all of your work, I'm confident that whatever you make for your buddy will be fun and enjoyed. B)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Thanks! @ADWilson @LMC6255 @Mmdrgntobldrgn

I always hesitated to join these because I'm never sure if I can do something fun but I know we're here to have fun and share! :cookie: <- cookies are Awesome, too. :lol:

• Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited November 2019
    My daughter wants to sit this one out because she has a lot on her plate right now BUT I am in for some Sims 3 fun.

Username: Mystik1978

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!) https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Mystik1978
    My Sims 3 Account is Skymyst - Here is the page for that one (my daughter plays on it) but I forgot when signing up all of my packs and such are on that account not this one) https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Skymyst

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of Them

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All of Them

I own the following Store Content: Most of It (If for some reason I do not have something you use I can get it)

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All of them

Some of my favorite colors are: Purples and Blues, Creams and Wood Accents!

I really don’t like this color: Orange

I love to use items from this set: Oh this could be a long list but let’s just say I enjoy it all depending on the theme/story I am working on. But … you can never go wrong with Boho, Island, Medieval, Storybook styles

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: This is hard to pick I like to play in all of them with different characters and different story-lines. So pick whatever you prefer.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): I do not have a custom world at the moment.

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) I love Victorian and classic builds with rustic settings and wood floors and such.

I really don’t want this in my game: I don’t really dislike anything.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) Doesn’t matter

I want/don’t want berry sims: I enjoy berry Sims!

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) I LOVE Occult sims and they are often the ones I play most.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!) I love my fur-babies of all kinds! I love pets! Cats and Dogs for the win. Though other ones like horses I haven’t played with as much so might be cool to have one. One day I am hoping to be able to get my hands on a unicorn thus far my sims have been unable to find one. Any unique and rare pets would be amazing!

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out)Depends on my story-line – Often I like Sims to have a few skill points because not being able to boil water as a full grown adult or burning down the house trying to make a grill cheese seems really unrealistic to me. However, if I start with no skills I often try to add that in my story (AKA Memory Loss, Ext)

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) I of course like Sims who can cook so they do not burn down the house, handiness and other useful skills are also fun.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!) I like to pack as many skill building items in a build that is possible

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) Depends on the Sim – I have used them all at some point in game play.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) I am a gamer and role-player I love Sims and builds with rich histories, backgrounds or bios that give me something I can play off of.

I am easy going so I am sure I would enjoy anything you wish to make me. Making handmade items for sale I know all about how special handmade items are so I would appreciate anything you took the time to make. But … since many buddies like to have more to go on here are some suggestions. First of everything I mentioned above would be great. Other ideas – I also want to play more into the running a business side of things so maybe a bakery or something other. Another desire I have is to try my hand at being a farmer – all work from home stuff with animals and gardens and such. Never have I ever made or played in any new University places so that might be an option. I also haven’t done much with houseboats and I have really been on an island kick lately. Lastly, I am a long-time gamer and role-player. I love it when Sims have background stories or bios, you can even post history on build and what not.

For example, a good thing to mention here is if you would like a holiday build. Mention the holiday, colors and/or traditions associated with it along with a brief explanation if it isn’t a well-known holiday.
    I actually would enjoy a nice Christmas themed build; like maybe a nice Rustic Log Cabin or Family Ranch. Ect.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.

Post edited by Mystik1978 on
    @Mystik1978
    Wishing your daughter's plate become less full unless there are things like cookies involved! She's welcome to give you an assist like she did last time, if she'd/you'd like. :)
    Yes, bananas always make smoothies creamier! And, frozen fruit at the end always adds that little pop too!

Yay, Mystik, glad to see you joining in again! I know we are going to have a great gifting party here with all the awesomely creative simmers here. I do hope @AlphaFen pops in and joins too!
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited October 2019
    @ADWilson Oh I am sure she will especially if my buddy likes pets, she loves to make unique pets! She is home-schooled but on top of her regular online work she has several "extra activities" she is working on. Plus she prefers Sims 4 to Sims 3 so she doesn't feel comfortable enough making a build for someone in Sims 3. It is all good though I enjoy it when she helps me, especially when we sit down and come up with stories/backgrounds together. Fun bonding time!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited October 2019
    Username: SamelaRita

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/SamelaRita

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them, patched up to 1.67

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All except Katy Perry

I own the following Store Content: Just about all of it

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All of them

Some of my favorite colors are: greens, blues, browns, yellows

I really don’t like this color: Pink. And red.

I love to use items from this set: All the farm ones and the mediaeval ones.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I use them all except for Midnight Hollow (too dark), but not the space ones very often.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): none of them: computer wouldn't play the ones I liked. Probably memory overload!

I enjoy this style of build the most: I tend to build farmhouse/historical/mediaeval. I'm not a great fan of very modern.

I really don’t want this in my game: I don't tend to do occult stuff particularly; I prefer stories and buildings that are more or less linked to everyday life.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: Big enough for a garden - I tend to build on 20x30, 30x30 and sometimes 40x40.

I want/don’t want berry sims: Don't want. I enjoy reading fantasy, but not playing it on the sims.

I want/don’t want occult sims: Don't want.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Don't really want pets, unless they are crucial to the story rather than an add-on. Otherwise they're just extra work in the game. Quite happy to have a story with a crucial pet though. And I do like the horses

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? A couple of points or so is good.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? A few cooking points and a bit of handiness helps!

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? Not really...depends on their backstory!

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? It depends on their story. If they're very poor (my sims usually are at the start) then I give them a rusty old bike or two until they can afford something better.

Other: I really enjoy playing renovacies - all my games tend to include sims starting from a hard place and working their way up. I like playing with a small group of people rather than just a lone sim, though I do play lone sims too. I really like sims or buildings with a backstory, where you feel like you're stepping into something that's already happening rather than just starting from scratch. But mostly, I'm looking forward to playing something that's different, that I didn't create myself, and that makes me think of other stories to tell and play. I love seeing other people's creativity at work!

I copied this from last time, so I'll add a holiday bit - Christmas is fun but not an essential part of this gift exchange for me.

Post edited by SamelaRita on
    @Rflong7 Amazing! I love your worlds (computer won't play them because it's Too Old and Too Full, but I still admire them from afar), so like everyone else, I'm really pleased you're joining.
    Wrote a nice long post and then changed pages but forgot to save it, so it vanished. This is the brief version...
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn , @ciane , @suzses , @LMC6255 ,@Mystik1978, really looking forward to your amazing creations.
    @ADWilson , thank you so much for organising it!
    My pleasure @SamelaRita :)
    Hosting is fun. Seeing what y'all create ... even better!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    OH MY GAWWWWWD!!!! R F!!!! **tackle hugs** HOW IN THE HECK ARE YA?! Long time, NO SEE! ((or talk))

Ok. Now that that's ^^ out of the way .... ADDY - I opened up my sims 3 game... did a little building... uploaded it... and IT'S STABLE!! Ohhhh, a little hiccup here and there, but, it's nothing I can't handle.

COUNT ME IN!! I just have to find my last letter.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top