Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @LMC6255: Thanks
    :) Smile!

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Welcome @Puddinroy. We are glad to have you join in the fun.

As to floor plans and house pics, I often just find a house or a picture of one and sim it however strikes my fancy. Other times, I'm intrigued with the actual simming of a floor plan that usually involves tweaking in areas such as size, shape, and even location. It's a challenge either way, and I love challenges.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    I spy with my little eye another Buddy Letter. :)
    So nice to see a mixture of returning participants and new ... it's been fun reading each letter & doing selections!
    We are now officially closed and no longer accepting Buddy Letters.
    PMs will be sent soon to let each of you know who your Secret Buddy is.

Name Check deadline is November 5th.
    Doing a happy dance here. I got my buddy letter!!!
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @ciane I want to know, did getting a head start pay off?
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited November 2019
    Welcome @Puddinroy. Happy to see you got your buddy letter submitted and will be joining in the fun.

* Taps foot. Waiting is still hard. Waiting for buddy name . . . *

Edited to add: I bet Addy's sending them alphabetically, and I'm last. Going to change my name to auzses. haha :p
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »
    Welcome @Puddinroy. Happy to see you got your buddy letter submitted and will be joining in the fun.

* Taps foot. Waiting is still hard. Waiting for buddy name . . . *

Edited to add: I bet Addy's sending them alphabetically, and I'm last. Going to change my name to auzses. haha :p

I have a feeling she is sending them alphabetically! :D Do you think if I should change my name to Alice? :D I hope you get an awesome buddy Suzses!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I just got my buddy's name.Can't wait for my day off to get started.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I got my buddy's name. Off to plot...
    Thank you @LMC6255 We're all going to get awesome buddies. :) And it's definitely alphabetical so far . . . c . . . g . . . j . You should be coming right up.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses I agree, everyone here is awesome! I like the name you chose, Auszes!!
    edited November 2019
    I now know who my buddy will be!! Awesome!! :)
    I now have my awesome buddy's name and was going to say I'm going to bed, but that's unrealistic. I'm going to go read that letter again and then probably do some researching and then maybe go to bed and dream about it all. ;)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    All PMs have been sent.
    If you haven't received your Buddy Name, please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks.
    edited November 2019
    November 5th Check-In
    60smusicluvr
    ciane
    GraceyManor
    Hidehi
    Jessabeans
    Kesminlix
    LMC6255
    Mmdrgntobldrgn
    MsPrissy88
    Mystik1978
    Puddinroy
    Rflong7
    SamelaRita
    suzses
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited November 2019
    Just a quick post to let you know I got my buddy and am heading to read their letter now. Sim on!

Note for all buddies....
    Upon getting my buddy name I noticed we were not friends so I sent a friends request. But, I did not want to give away who I have so I sent friends request to everyone who joined this exchange that I was not currently friends with.
    Post edited by Mystik1978 on
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    I got my buddy name! Very exciting :D Now I can go and look at ideas...
    @Puddinroy so glad you made it. It's only my second exchange too, like @LMC6255 so you're not the only one still finding your way around.
    Like Mystik1978 I'm sending friend requests too.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Yippeeeeeeeeee!!! :D

Buddy name received <3 ... love the choice @ADWilson, thank you ... even though it will be quite a challenge :#
    I know what I'll be doing today .... I just hope my old laptop's cooling system will be adequate for the increased activity ;) ....

I wish everyone ... old and new participants in the Gift Exchange ... success with finding and building just the right gift for your buddy and having an absolutely fabulous time doing so :D x
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @ciane I want to know, did getting a head start pay off?

Yes!!! I have lots of house pics and floor plans in a folder waiting to be built another day, and... what I built earlier is going to be perfect, I think.

Now, I just have CASting to do and a story to create and... Well, I have a comfortable head start, but... as noted earlier by other simmers, it could have tanked on me. So, I won't recommend the actually building to anyone, but I do think that looking at pics can spark some creative ideas or at least help nudge you along.

And, can I just say that I am very, very happy that my name is close to the beginning of the alphabet! But, maybe next time Addy will start at the end of the alphabet and work backwards; so, changing names just might confuse us all, though I do like Auzses and Alice. :wink:
    Glad y'all like the names you've been assigned. :)

Yes, I tend to send PMs in a-b-c order so I can keep track of who got one as I go along but ... I can keep track on my spreadsheet & start sending them in another order so those later in the alphabet aren't always last to get, lol

Have fun looking at inspiration pictures and coming up with ideas!
    db.jpg
    15294675-holiday-decorated-victorian-house-with-snow.jpg
    luminous-family-holiday-house-in-sao-paolo-brazil-1.jpg
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I got my buddy name. I'm looking forward to doing this one. May be a bit of a challenge, but totally cool with it. B)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Checking in to read my Buddy's letter. :cookie:
    Ooh, I really like that last pic! I'm going to have to save that to my "someday" folder!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited November 2019
    ciane wrote: »
    Ooh, I really like that last pic! I'm going to have to save that to my "someday" folder!
    I love the second one the best! I'm looking at it and going oooooh!

I love Victorians, and I love Christmas, so I can just see myself building/playing a house like that. :)

@AlphaFen: I'm really, really sorry that you're not feeling well, and that you won't be joining the gift exchange. (Not that I can talk, since I'm not joining for pretty much the same reason!) I will miss your posts, so I hope you lurk and comment a LOT. You always make me laugh, even when I don't have much to laugh about. And even though you once hypnotized me into bringing you coffee. Or was it tea?

And how would you like that today, Your Overlordship? Any cream or sugar this time?

To whoever said they hope I feel better soon (can't remember who it was - I wrote a post, but I think I shut down my computer and forgot to post it - duh! :sweat: ), what I have is chronic. It's never going to go away completely, but it comes and goes with how bad it gets, and right now it's been pretty bad for several months. Usually these flare-ups only last a few weeks, but sometimes.... What I have is incurable, but it's not deadly, just debilitating. So, thank you for the sentiment, I do appreciate it. Unfortunately, all I can hope for is an eventual temporary lessening of the pain, and I just have to go on with my life as it is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top