Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Mystik1978 @SamelaRita @MsPrissy88 Hello, Hello, I am so happy to see you all again!! :) It's been a while since Spring..This going to be one Awe-Sim gift exchange!! <3
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @Mystik1978 @SamelaRita @MsPrissy88 Hello, Hello, I am so happy to see you all again!! :) It's been a while since Spring..This going to be one Awe-Sim gift exchange!! <3

@LMC6255 That's a terrible pun. I love it!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    Username: SamelaRita

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I use them all except for Midnight Hollow (too dark), but not the space ones very often.

I got a lighting mod for the world and someone recolored the dark flora and fauna as well, so that made it much nicer for me.
    Having enough room to have MH in its own sims 3 folder is nice. Then the lighting mod won't effect any other world. But you can always just pop that mod in and out as needed.

Welcome back to the gift exchange to both you and @MsPrissy88 (and everyone else too, of course).
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited October 2019
    @LMC6255... @SamelaRita... @ciane.... MAMA DRAGON!!!... omgawwwwd

Let's see - @Mystik1978!!! .... AND @suzses !!

Holy cowwwww .... Looks like the gang is back together. lol :DB)

I know I agreed to do some "furnish me" stuff for sims 4 -- ( i probably will still get to those ) -- but, I have been waiting for Addy to announce another one of these!! (yaaaaaaaaay!)

I finally found my latter from this past Spring's gift exchange. I just have to look it over and possibly tweak it.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited November 2019
    DELETED

Sorry
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

@LMC6255 That's a terrible pun. I love it!

@SamelaRita Actually, I borrowed this one from Addy.. I love it to, it is so clever!! :)
    edited October 2019
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    @LMC6255... @SamelaRita... @ciane.... MAMA DRAGON!!!... omgawwwwd

Let's see - @Mystik1978!!! .... AND @suzses !!

Holy cowwwww .... Looks like the gang is back together. lol :DB)

I know I agreed to do some "furnish me" stuff for sims 4 -- ( i probably will still get to those ) -- but, I have been waiting for Addy to announce another one of these!! (yaaaaaaaaay!)

I finally found my latter from this past Spring's gift exchange. I just have to look it over and possibly tweak it.

@MsPrissy88 I was so happy to see some familiar buddies (the gang) <3 and I'm hoping to see more of our Spring exchange buddies return! :)
    (( snipped ))

@MsPrissy88 I was so happy to see some familiar buddies (the gang) <3 and I'm hoping to see more of our Spring exchange buddies return! :)

ME TOO!!!! We just have to wait and keep checking back, to see WHO might return. B)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88 Another amazing builder... :D:D:D This is going to be wild....
    @MsPrissy88 Another amazing builder... :D:D:D This is going to be wild....

I'm not - really. But, thanks!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yay! It's about that time of year again! *happy dance*

Username: Kesminlix

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kesminlix

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All of them except Katy Perry

I own the following Store Content: Pretty much the whole store. Maybe a few items here or there I don't have but I have all the major sets!

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All of them

Some of my favorite colors are: Blues, Greens, and Reds

I really don’t like this color: Anything Neon (hurts my eyes!)

I love to use items from this set: Bakery Set, Country Living, Greenhouse Set, Grandpa's Grove (basically country/farm-y sets)

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Appaloosa Plains... though I have recently started playing in Moonlight Falls and I'm quite enjoying it.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):Great Bear

I enjoy this style of build the most: Farmhouse/Ranch but I also enjoy Craftsman, Traditional, Cabin, and Victorian Builds

I really don’t want this in my game: Modern/Futuristic Type builds. Not my cup of tea.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: I would prefer any lots that are 30x30 or bigger. Though if you're building a small community lot, 20x30 or 20x20 is fine. (Just not for homes as I like large families).

I want/don’t want berry sims: Nope on the berry sims.

I want/don’t want occult sims: I'm okay with witches, genies and mermaids.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: I LOVE pets! Pets was the first expansion pack I got and I LOVE it. I love animals in RL but especially horses. I am that girl who never grew out of the "horse-crazy phase". Since I currently can't own a horse nor have as many dogs and cats as I want, I let my sims be overrun with pets. :D

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Doesn't matter to me. If so, maybe just a few skill points (like 2 or 3).

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Only really cooking (I tend to play with natural cooks so I don't have to deal with stove fires :lol: but I would non-natural cook to have a few skill points in cooking). I would like to try and play around with the gardening skill so maybe a few skill points in gardening too.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? Cooking, Writing, Painting... though any instrument would be nice as well.

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? Horse, Vehicle, or Bike

Other: I just started a legacy in Moonlight Falls and I would love to have a home built for future generations or maybe some sort of business my sims could own. I've never really played around with the Savvy Seller collection or the Bistro set but I would like to try to one of these days.

A holiday themed build would be wonderful as well! Christmas is my favorite holiday and I absolutely LOVE white Christmases (all the snow makes it seem even more magical!)...so maybe something that looks amazing in the snow? Something like a cabin that my sims could go to for Snowflake Day or a small ice skating rink to spend a wintery day at? I don't know... just some ideas. To be honest... I am NOT picky. Basically if you say "Hey Kessie! I made this for you!" I'm going to love it because you took the time and effort to think of me. <3 So create whatever your muse inspires you to create!

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    How lovely to peek in here and see another returning Buddy!

Time to tag Simmers from the last one and see if the timing is right for them to join again ...
    @60smusicluvr @AlphaFen (I think was already tagged but doesn't hurt to do again, lol) @DinoJr @equuest
    @Hidehi @Jessabeans @KaytayRoall @Kgaff
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »

Time to tag Simmers from the last one and see if the timing is right for them to join again ...
    @60smusicluvr @AlphaFen (I think was already tagged but doesn't hurt to do again, lol) @DinoJr @equuest

It is wonderful! I'm so happy to see everyone and have been thinking about and hoping to see the others you've tagged as well.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited October 2019
    suzses wrote: »
    ADWilson wrote: »

It is wonderful! I'm so happy to see everyone and have been thinking about and hoping to see the others you've tagged as well.

I'm totally with suzses :)
    Sorry - that doesn't sound quite up-to-date enough. How about, I'm, like, totes with that, suzses. Does that work better? Or should I just go all Jane Austen (no, I'm not that old!) and express my extreme gratification instead?
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Wow! A lot of faces of people I remember (Mama Dragon! Ciane! Mystic! Suzses! Prissy! Kesminlix!), and new ones I haven't seen (LMC6255, SamelaRita), and... RFLONG! Wow, really? I absolutely LOVE your worlds! Hey, can you build a world for this? ;) Just kidding! :D

I'm not going to join this one again; as Addy knows, I've had some ongoing health issues that come and go, and I never know when they're going to hit. It wouldn't be fair to my buddy if I had a sudden flare-up and became unable to finish my project, so I just won't join. I will be helping Addy with the Custard checks again this time, assuming that I don't get too sick to keep up with it, as happened once before.

And of course, I know that many of you make wonderful things, and I'll get to *enjoy* them at least! <3
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi all :D ,

My Buddy Letter has been ready ever since LMC6255 told me that the awesome Gift Exchange is happening again :D ... but as I haven't uploaded anything to the Exchange since the last one I needed to check if everything works as it should before submitting my form.
    All seems to be okay so here it is:

Buddy Letter form:

Username: Hidehi

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Hidehi

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All ... patched up to 1.67

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All except Katy Perry

I own the following Store Content: Pretty much all except a few promotional items

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All

Some of my favorite colors are: I like most colours especially neutral/earthy tones and blues, greens, muted purple/reds

I really don’t like this color: not that keen on bright neon .... or very busy wallpaper patterns in large areas

I love to use items from this set: I suppose I use bits and pieces of all the sets in my sims homes, I especially like items from the Brunch at the Old Mill set, Country Living, Club Vaindenburger, Once Upon a Time and a fair amount of general clutter ... 'The Lemonade Baron' makes an appearance in nearly every one of my builds ;)

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I tend to build more than I play and spend my time mostly in custom worlds (see below) or my own so I've never developed a fondness for any of the EA worlds ...

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):
    Rflong7's 'Supernatural Island': http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywm0lhy036p8t31/Supernatural_Island.Sims3Pack/file and
    Johnnywr's 'Great Bear': https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5182185
    among others ...

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) I have no preference for any specific style ... I'm always amazed at the variety of different builds that are being created.

I really don’t want this in my game: can't think of anything I really dislike

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes:(If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!): I must admit I am very intrigued how builders can squeeze so much into tiny lots but I usually prefer lot sizes between 20x20 and 40x40 max. Large lots are okay for farms and certain community builds.

I want/don’t want berry sims: not particularly

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) I like all occult sims ... but have not played them a lot

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!)
    Animals whatever form, shape or size are okay, but I'm having difficulties looking after more than 2.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out)
    See below

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!)
    A couple of levels in cooking, charisma and handiness would be nice but not necessary ... whatever would suit the sim or my buddy is fine by me.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skill objects would be awe-sim!)
    I usually like my sims homes to include quite a few activities and all sorts of skill building opportunities ... but they are not essential

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.)
    I don't mind if a lot comes with or without any specific transportation storage .... ummm ... except maybe a stable if there is a horse in the household ... can't fit that in your inventory :p

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)
    A Christmas log cabin with Santa Claus would be nice or a community lot like a Christmas market maybe .... but then a holiday theme is not really necessary as I am absolutely positive that I will adore whatever my buddy will create as long as they are having fun doing so ... Happy Simming! :D

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~

I am sooo looking forward to seeing everyone's awesome gifts!!! :D
    edited October 2019
    Wow! A lot of faces of people I remember (Mama Dragon! Ciane! Mystic! Suzses! Prissy! Kesminlix!), and new ones I haven't seen (LMC6255, SamelaRita), and... RFLONG! Wow, really? I absolutely LOVE your worlds! Hey, can you build a world for this? ;) Just kidding! :D

I'm not going to join this one again; as Addy knows, I've had some ongoing health issues that come and go, and I never know when they're going to hit. It wouldn't be fair to my buddy if I had a sudden flare-up and became unable to finish my project, so I just won't join. I will be helping Addy with the Custard checks again this time, assuming that I don't get too sick to keep up with it, as happened once before.

And of course, I know that many of you make wonderful things, and I'll get to *enjoy* them at least! <3

@MiaSkywalker I am so sorry about your health issues! :( I hope you get well!! :) It is awesome seeing you, my first gift exchange was this spring, so I'm still kind of new.. May you have lovely and pain free week! <3

@Hidehi I am so happy you decided to join the gift exchange!! :) What a wonderful surprise!! <3 It looks to me like this going to be a really special holiday gift exchange!! :)
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    This gift exchange sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm going to be in statistics for my next class. I feel like I really need to focus on that, so I will watch from the sidelines :)
    @Hidehi So glad to see you here again! Loved your spooky upload (ran right over to see what you uploaded). I need to put up something yet, too. It was June last I uploaded anything.

@equuest I wish you had time to join us, but I understand about needing to focus on school. I hope you get along better with statistics than I did. ;)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited October 2019
    I have now successfully uploaded a lot and added a note about it to top of my buddy letter. Would anyone be so kind as to remind me what one needs to do to get lot elevations correct when placing a downloaded lot in a new save/location? The house I uploaded is one built on a dock out over the water that I made for my own use in Hylewood, and I want to see if I can use it elsewhere. Thanks :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2019
    @suzses - https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-imported-house-raiseslowers-the-terrain.html
    SetImportedTerrainOffset (value)

(value) Is a positive or negative number depending on whether the lot created a hole or a mountain.
    Or, more exactly: http://oumamea-the-sims3.blogspot.com/2011/03/problems-with-lots-sinking-into-ground.html
    1. Open the game and go to the world that you would like to place this lot in.

2. Make sure you have the correct size lot available but don't place your lot yet.

3. Click on the lot and select the edit lot tool. Wait for the lot to load.

4. Once the blank lot is loaded do the following:

1. Enter the cheat space (Ctrl+Shift+C) and type testingcheatsenabled true press enter

2. Cheat space again and type constrainFloorElevation false press enter

3. Cheat space type setimportedterrainoffset {value} press enter (See note below about the {value} you have to add here)

4. Now reverse the cheat commands constrainFloorElevation true, testingcheatsenabled false, remember to press enter after each command

5. Go to edit town and place your lot

If all went well your lot should now be perfect!!!

ps The command setimportedterrainoffset {value} The value here can be diffrent from what I have used. I tried diffrent values until I got it to where it should be. If your lot is raised instead of sinking you can use a negative value for instance -3.

@Hidehi - welcome back!!! Looking forward to seeing what you create.
    @MiaSkywalker - I hope you avoid any health flair ups, esp. during the holidays! Hugs.
    @Kesminlix - Woot! Great to see you here too!
    @equuest - Sorry you won't be joining in. I love your builds!
    Post edited by ciane on
    @ciane Thanks so much for coming to my rescue <3
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    MIA !!!!! Heyyy you! I'm sorry you won't be participating, but I hope your health issues won't get too bad. <3 you!!

KESSIEEEEE!!!! I've missed you!! I had so much fun building for you HOW LONG ago, now?! haha Hope you've been doing ok.

Hidehi !! Wow. SO GLAD you are able to make it. ((*squeeeee!*)) This is going to be SO much fun.

HIIIII Equuest!! :( Awwww :( I wish you could join us, but, schooling/work does take priority. Hope you've been well.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

@SamelaRita Yay, so Awesome - Thank you! :mrgreen:
    OH MY GAWWWWWD!!!! R F!!!! **tackle hugs** HOW IN THE HECK ARE YA?! Long time, NO SEE! ((or talk))

**tackle hugs** Lol! :lol: I'm doing well. It's really nice to see you, too. :mrgreen:

@MiaSkywalker Thank you so much! :mrgreen: I hope to build a world. Nothing huge but something fun, I hope. :smile:

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    This sounds fun, but I'm not very good at creating things.I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top