December 6 - It's Friday. What does it mean in The Sims forums? Time to highlight some awesim discussions!
December 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.

Do you guys think university will come with a dating feature and include parties??

Comments

  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Regarding Parties yes. The description said juice pong so that tells me it will be parties. It also said extra culicular activities which could also mean dating stuff. I hope that there is an online dating feature and chemistry and attraction. Past Universitie packs added new romance options. TS3 added woohooty texts,take a romantic picture together and the heat of the moment kiss. I believe that there will be a new kiss type coming with this pack but we shall see.

    I don't see University and think romance myself but then I actually wanted to go to University to get degrees for my future. My education was biggest on my mind when it came to Uni.
    In Sims 2 and 3 Uni added more romantic interactions. Universities is often were people meet their future spouse. Besides that romance is lacking in TS4 it needs more. I have to use mods for more romance actions and pictures.


    I know but college is not the place for dating apps - everyone goes places as groups - maybe at the coffee shop a girl from one group sees a guy she's seen on campus and just goes over to talk. Or maybe there is a Rally Thursday night and they agree to meet at the rally or even maybe the guy plays sports and he asks the girl if she's going to the game... That is the way people on campus do things - they don't need or use dating apps. Dating apps are more for people who don't see a lot of people everyday to get to know - on college campuses you see these people every where you go all over the place - apps not needed. If you are not dating someone -on a college campus - you will eventually - your friends love to fix that for you - no one need or uses apps on campus. Believe me it is not needed.

    I agree. Dating at college is easier and more relaxed because everyone is away from home for the first time and looking for a some kind of connection. Dating apps and speed dating seems (IMO) to be needed after college when your sim is too busy getting their career going, finding a place to live and being alone for the first time in their life. They are so busy that they don't have time to spend in bars or the park or the local coffee shop waiting for that accidental meeting where sparks will fly. Time is short, so dating apps and speed dating are the way to go. All of this can come in a misnamed ROMANCE pack.

    I agree. Maybe for Valentines day that could make a fabulous pack - all on dating and places to go - maybe even a romantic Vacation built around romance and dating to a real tropical paradise with all the things people thought IL was missing would go well together in this kind of pack - complete with Hotels and fun date ideas.

    Agreed. It would be a pack to add the Bed & Breakfast Inns that I'd like. Then we can create honeymoon getaways in Granite Falls or Sulani or anywhere really.

    Awesome idea. A B&B sounds romantic and fun on both sides of it.

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 48 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Regarding Parties yes. The description said juice pong so that tells me it will be parties. It also said extra culicular activities which could also mean dating stuff. I hope that there is an online dating feature and chemistry and attraction. Past Universitie packs added new romance options. TS3 added woohooty texts,take a romantic picture together and the heat of the moment kiss. I believe that there will be a new kiss type coming with this pack but we shall see.

    I don't see University and think romance myself but then I actually wanted to go to University to get degrees for my future. My education was biggest on my mind when it came to Uni.

    i totally agree with you, however in the US (i dont know where u live so if you live in the US my bad) partying/dating is as huge as education in college and to some its the only reason they go to college (rich kids). Partying and hooking up is almost guaranteed at most american colleges (even ivies) and we even have lists such as "best student life" and "top party schools".... since they're an american company, i would assume they would incorporate all aspects of american college.
  • LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 48 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Our college sims can already date because we have the mechanics to ask someone out in the game now. I don't see the need to add stuff to a Uni pack that has nothing to do with college directly. I went to movies while I was at college, should they add a movie theater? I did laundry off campus, should they add the ability to build laundromats? My friends and I spent a lot of time playing Putt Putt across the highway from the college, should miniature golf be added into this Uni pack too? The answer to all of those is no. Just because I did something in college, that doesn't mean it belongs in this pack when it could easily come in a GP or a SP. This includes bands, on-line dating (romance) and hanging out at Pizza Hut all night. Give me stuff that has to do with college itself. Anything else can come on it's own later.

    i totally see where you're coming from! However, partying/romance is kind of as staple at american colleges... i've known people who've gone to a college solely on the fact that it ranked in the top 50 of the "Top Party Schools In the US" list... never mind the fact that we have lists like that lol. I think its really a general sort of thing that everyone can relate too, since im sure everyone experiences a little bit of partying or romance in college...whereas only some students wash their clothes off campus, or go to the movies and play minigolf.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 17,423 Member
    LucyCatx wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Our college sims can already date because we have the mechanics to ask someone out in the game now. I don't see the need to add stuff to a Uni pack that has nothing to do with college directly. I went to movies while I was at college, should they add a movie theater? I did laundry off campus, should they add the ability to build laundromats? My friends and I spent a lot of time playing Putt Putt across the highway from the college, should miniature golf be added into this Uni pack too? The answer to all of those is no. Just because I did something in college, that doesn't mean it belongs in this pack when it could easily come in a GP or a SP. This includes bands, on-line dating (romance) and hanging out at Pizza Hut all night. Give me stuff that has to do with college itself. Anything else can come on it's own later.

    i totally see where you're coming from! However, partying/romance is kind of as staple at american colleges... i've known people who've gone to a college solely on the fact that it ranked in the top 50 of the "Top Party Schools In the US" list... never mind the fact that we have lists like that lol. I think its really a general sort of thing that everyone can relate too, since im sure everyone experiences a little bit of partying or romance in college...whereas only some students wash their clothes off campus, or go to the movies and play minigolf.

    If what you say is true then that is a truly sad reason for picking a college, No wonder there is so much student debt and yet, they want it forgiven because for some reason they just can't figure out, they can't get a job to pay that debt off.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 2,363 Member
    As long as R&B radio station shows up this year, if not, it'll be showing up at 2020
    My Sims 4 radio station wishlist
    Latin, Hip Hop, R&B
    Nim2f7Q.png
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 328 Member
    Parties, yes, they were kind of hinted at in the description. If not a new party type, we'll at least have the kegs and stuff.

    Dating feature, no. We can already date, and I personally don't even see what could be updated that is specific to university. I feel like people do less online dating in uni because they're always meeting a lot of new people. I would love to have it, but I don't see it as a university specific thing.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 500 Member
    The game description is an overview that highlights the best, newest features of the pack. Just because something is not mentioned does not mean it's not going to be there in some form. I'm not sure about romance being integral to university, so I certainly wouldn't expect to see it in the game description. I would rather the focus have been on the education system, so that it will be fleshed out.
    HSau :)
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 136 Member
    edited October 21
    Parties - definitely. Romance interactions - yes. Dating features? I hope not.

    I think those kinds of features could (and should) be put into a pack all on their own to expand romance interactions (they could add attractions, chemistry, matchmakers, etc). But for a university, furthering education pack I think it should focus more on the learning rather than social aspect of our sims lives. Maybe 90% learning related and 10% social interaction. I say that only because there is just so much they can put into this package, I would rather them put in things education related than spend time giving our sims yet another way to woohoo.

  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 136 Member
    edited October 21
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Regarding Parties yes. The description said juice pong so that tells me it will be parties. It also said extra culicular activities which could also mean dating stuff. I hope that there is an online dating feature and chemistry and attraction. Past Universitie packs added new romance options. TS3 added woohooty texts,take a romantic picture together and the heat of the moment kiss. I believe that there will be a new kiss type coming with this pack but we shall see.

    I don't see University and think romance myself but then I actually wanted to go to University to get degrees for my future. My education was biggest on my mind when it came to Uni.
    In Sims 2 and 3 Uni added more romantic interactions. Universities is often were people meet their future spouse. Besides that romance is lacking in TS4 it needs more. I have to use mods for more romance actions and pictures.


    I know but college is not the place for dating apps - everyone goes places as groups - maybe at the coffee shop a girl from one group sees a guy she's seen on campus and just goes over to talk. Or maybe there is a Rally Thursday night and they agree to meet at the rally or even maybe the guy plays sports and he asks the girl if she's going to the game... That is the way people on campus do things - they don't need or use dating apps. Dating apps are more for people who don't see a lot of people everyday to get to know - on college campuses you see these people every where you go all over the place - apps not needed. If you are not dating someone -on a college campus - you will eventually - your friends love to fix that for you - no one need or uses apps on campus. Believe me it is not needed.

    I agree. Dating at college is easier and more relaxed because everyone is away from home for the first time and looking for a some kind of connection. Dating apps and speed dating seems (IMO) to be needed after college when your sim is too busy getting their career going, finding a place to live and being alone for the first time in their life. They are so busy that they don't have time to spend in bars or the park or the local coffee shop waiting for that accidental meeting where sparks will fly. Time is short, so dating apps and speed dating are the way to go. All of this can come in a misnamed ROMANCE pack.

    I agree. Maybe for Valentines day that could make a fabulous pack - all on dating and places to go - maybe even a romantic Vacation built around romance and dating to a real tropical paradise with all the things people thought IL was missing would go well together in this kind of pack - complete with Hotels and fun date ideas. Maybe even a Snow Lodge Vacation and finding love. Could make for an amazing gp.

    Would be cool to add in a "Destinations" game or expansion pack. Similar to Sims 2 - Bon Voyage and Sims 3 - World Adventures of which a snow lodge could be one of them. The snow lodge could be based on Antarctica and feature winter activities/ sports. Then on the flip side of that they could bring in a desert locale with an African theme for summer/spring activities. The locations of the pack wouldn't be affected on seasons. They already gave us a jungle, forest and tropics so it would be nice to have more extremes to go with those.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 591 Member
    edited October 21
    the leaked mentioned getting wet and wild but i guess it aint coming
    y'all got bread?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 85,650 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    Parties, yes, they were kind of hinted at in the description. If not a new party type, we'll at least have the kegs and stuff.

    Dating feature, no. We can already date, and I personally don't even see what could be updated that is specific to university. I feel like people do less online dating in uni because they're always meeting a lot of new people. I would love to have it, but I don't see it as a university specific thing.

    Our sims can date yes but adding in a couple of new romantic interactions in will spice it up like a TS2 styled makeout on the sofa,heat of the moment kiss or slowdancing.

  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 85,650 Member
    the leaked mentioned getting wet and wild but i guess it aint coming

    Wow I never saw that.

  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 133 Member
    I was thinking about this and there has to be a romance game pack coming.
    The fact that there is no slow dancing, which is a classic Sims feature, and also Online Dating, which is huge right now, is just too strange.
    Slow dancing is not too hard of a movement to create, why wouldn't they have added it into the game already?
    Why would they not include such a big trend in romance that is Online Dating?
    Unless they are saving it for a Romance pack?
    They could also add in wedding stuff and honeymoons, an industry which is very popular right now, as well.

    I think they were waiting to release this pack until Island Living as Sulani is an "ideal" honeymoon location.
    My guess is it comes out next year around February

    My only concern is the clues...
    We had that Caribbean content release before Island Living, we had new laptops, bookshelves and part time jobs before Uni, there are off the grid items and code for horses hinting to Country Living.
    Where is the content that hints to a love pack? Maybe that pink valentines day dress we got awhile back? or maybe its coming in this November Patch?

  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 85,650 Member
    I was thinking about this and there has to be a romance game pack coming.
    The fact that there is no slow dancing, which is a classic Sims feature, and also Online Dating, which is huge right now, is just too strange.
    Slow dancing is not too hard of a movement to create, why wouldn't they have added it into the game already?
    Why would they not include such a big trend in romance that is Online Dating?
    Unless they are saving it for a Romance pack?
    They could also add in wedding stuff and honeymoons, an industry which is very popular right now, as well.

    I think they were waiting to release this pack until Island Living as Sulani is an "ideal" honeymoon location.
    My guess is it comes out next year around February

    My only concern is the clues...
    We had that Caribbean content release before Island Living, we had new laptops, bookshelves and part time jobs before Uni, there are off the grid items and code for horses hinting to Country Living.
    Where is the content that hints to a love pack? Maybe that pink valentines day dress we got awhile back? or maybe its coming in this November Patch?

    True about the slowdance. A modder (Sacrificial) has been able to do it. I feel that Maxis will do it before TS4 is done. I do hope your right about a Love Gamepack in February. By the way I have Sacrificial's slowdance mod and I love it. I still want slowdancing to come to the game though.

  • LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 48 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    LucyCatx wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Our college sims can already date because we have the mechanics to ask someone out in the game now. I don't see the need to add stuff to a Uni pack that has nothing to do with college directly. I went to movies while I was at college, should they add a movie theater? I did laundry off campus, should they add the ability to build laundromats? My friends and I spent a lot of time playing Putt Putt across the highway from the college, should miniature golf be added into this Uni pack too? The answer to all of those is no. Just because I did something in college, that doesn't mean it belongs in this pack when it could easily come in a GP or a SP. This includes bands, on-line dating (romance) and hanging out at Pizza Hut all night. Give me stuff that has to do with college itself. Anything else can come on it's own later.

    i totally see where you're coming from! However, partying/romance is kind of as staple at american colleges... i've known people who've gone to a college solely on the fact that it ranked in the top 50 of the "Top Party Schools In the US" list... never mind the fact that we have lists like that lol. I think its really a general sort of thing that everyone can relate too, since im sure everyone experiences a little bit of partying or romance in college...whereas only some students wash their clothes off campus, or go to the movies and play minigolf.

    If what you say is true then that is a truly sad reason for picking a college, No wonder there is so much student debt and yet, they want it forgiven because for some reason they just can't figure out, they can't get a job to pay that debt off.

    Sorry if you misunderstood me- when I said that my friends went to party colleges, I didn't mean they went to school only to party. I meant that they went to that specific school because it has great student life, in addition to the academics/sports/opportunities etc.. I'm sorry about misleading you haha, I can assure you though that the ones I've described are having a lot of fun but also doing well in their classes :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 85,650 Member
    I still hope this pack has online dating and woohooty texts.

  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 6,323 Member
    hope not even if it was would decline any party invites my sims would get
    http://friendlysimmers.forumotion.ca/

    http://delightfulsims.net/index.php

    Please note that forums are in maitnance mode



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I am chiming in that partying definitely happens at universities outside of the US and is probably as big. Fraternities and sororities? Not so common. Parties? Very common. What is probably different is that in some countries, professors and students will go drinking together, not at clubs but in discussion groups at bars and pubs. It's not a way of hitting on the students but it's like added academic discussion over drinks in groups for students who are extra enthusiastic about a subject.

    Yes, the GT system already adds a lot of that element. I don't mind it being part of the pack but I hope to see other elements.

    Anyway, I look forward to seeing what they do next.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 5,668 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    Parties, yes, they were kind of hinted at in the description. If not a new party type, we'll at least have the kegs and stuff.

    Dating feature, no. We can already date, and I personally don't even see what could be updated that is specific to university. I feel like people do less online dating in uni because they're always meeting a lot of new people. I would love to have it, but I don't see it as a university specific thing.

    Our sims can date yes but adding in a couple of new romantic interactions in will spice it up like a TS2 styled makeout on the sofa,heat of the moment kiss or slowdancing.

    I wish slow dance was in it but they would have shown that in the trailer for sure @catloverplayer
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 85,650 Member
    edited November 1
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    Parties, yes, they were kind of hinted at in the description. If not a new party type, we'll at least have the kegs and stuff.

    Dating feature, no. We can already date, and I personally don't even see what could be updated that is specific to university. I feel like people do less online dating in uni because they're always meeting a lot of new people. I would love to have it, but I don't see it as a university specific thing.

    Our sims can date yes but adding in a couple of new romantic interactions in will spice it up like a TS2 styled makeout on the sofa,heat of the moment kiss or slowdancing.

    I wish slow dance was in it but they would have shown that in the trailer for sure @catloverplayer

    I doubt we'll see the slowdance in this pack as their probably saving that for a romance based pack but I am hoping that there is a online dating feature,new kiss types and chemistry and attraction cause people do hookup in college. Also we got a new heat of the moment kiss in university in TS3 and a dare to kiss someone.

    Right now I'm using Sacrificials Slowdance Mod for slowdancing.

  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,425 Member
    No...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 17,423 Member
    I do not think anything relating to dating will be included in the Uni pack. Dating is a world-wide thing, not just limited to attending college. Only thing related to attending college should be in a college pack. Dating can be part of a Romance pack.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 85,650 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I do not think anything relating to dating will be included in the Uni pack. Dating is a world-wide thing, not just limited to attending college. Only thing related to attending college should be in a college pack. Dating can be part of a Romance pack.

    If we even get a Romance Pack.

  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,445 Member
    There's already a dating system in the base game. It's basically a watered-down version of the one from TS2. I...have my doubts that they'll do much to expand that system...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 688 Member
    I have been wanting an attraction/ dating system for such a long time. The romance in the Sims 4 is so stale and predictable. But, like everything else in the Sims 4, if the content doesn't specifically deal with University, it most likely will not be in the pack. With that said, in the Sims 2 and Sims 3, they were able to add content that didn't specifically deal with the pack's subject matter, so I don't know what this iteration's excuse is :(
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top