Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic (RoM) promo sims are now on the gallery!

Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

[ Edited by EA_Mai to merge two discussions about the same topic together ]
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Aine is now called Tess Dyer.
    The good L. Faba is now Keisha Hughes.
    The good Simeon Silversweater is now Ethren Reyes.

Not exactly the witchiest of names. But it's good to finally have them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I wonder why change the names? Not that we can’t just change them back but still.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I'll stick to their old names no matter what, I'm too used to them.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I can use them as references for editing L. Faba and Simeon to look like their in-game counterparts.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    For anyone who wants it as a reference, I capped all of their outfits here. Also included ages, aspirations, and traits.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I wonder why change the names? Not that we can’t just change them back but still.

If I remember correctly the name Aine was first mentioned at the same time when people speculated that Morgyn was called Cade. It was never officially confirmed or denied by the guru's. I said this before but people here told me I remembered wrong. I think everyone just got used to the name aine to the point where no one questioned it's origin anymore.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    :runs to download Sims:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

If I remember correctly the name Aine was first mentioned at the same time when people speculated that Morgyn was called Cade. It was never officially confirmed or denied by the guru's. I said this before but people here told me I remembered wrong. I think everyone just got used to the name aine to the point where no one questioned it's origin anymore.

origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited October 2019
    Atreya33 wrote: »

OK. Must have missed that tweet. Oops. :#
    Her name showed up before we had any other names available so...
    Just ignore my post then. I'll shut up and leave quietly.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited October 2019
    Weird name changes but ok. Like someone else mentioned I can change those and I'm happy to have them. I just wish they had their real names, seems like another half done job without them.

Came back to add:
    Oh, it's definitely another half done job... the mischief sage isn't even a spellcaster. I don't know if I should be mad anymore or cry at this point with all the disappointments lately... I mean, I can fix that too but how did they miss so much with this entire pack?!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    It's funny that L. Faba (ops Keisha) is not a spellcaster here, and Àine's name's changed 🤷‍♀️ but at least we got them!! Now i will have to find a way to make them sages 😂
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2019
    Camkat wrote: »
    Weird name changes but ok. Like someone else mentioned I can change those and I'm happy to have them. I just wish they had their real names, seems like another half done job without them.

Came back to add:
    Oh, it's definitely another half done job... the mischief sage isn't even a spellcaster. I don't know if I should be mad anymore or cry at this point with all the disappointments lately... I mean, I can fix that too but how did they miss so much with this entire pack?!

I haven't figure out how to actually turn them into sages. I just uploaded the household to the gallery where the mischief sage (Keisha Hughes, the one with the white hair) is now a spell caster.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A40D9F03F18811E98C50EEB2A79C7201?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=LaBlue0314&max=50&maxis=false

00.jpg
    @LaBlue0314 Thanks for this! Saves me some time after work today ;)

I'm not sure that we can make them sages? I think I saw someone on twitter with a cheat way to do it but I forgot what they said and I'll have to go look again later. I'm just happy to have them in my game anyways, could go with a "retired" story route, or overthrown...

I am mighty tired of us having to "finish" their work for them though. Tired to the point that they've gotten their last dollar out of me at anything full price.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Same here. The more we back off with the $, the stronger the message.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Anybody else try to cheat up Tess's spellcaster rank and get the bug where it won't give them talent points? It works fine with the other spellcasters, just not that one sim.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    @LaBlue0314 Thanks for this! Saves me some time after work today ;)

I'm not sure that we can make them sages? I think I saw someone on twitter with a cheat way to do it but I forgot what they said and I'll have to go look again later. I'm just happy to have them in my game anyways, could go with a "retired" story route, or overthrown...

I am mighty tired of us having to "finish" their work for them though. Tired to the point that they've gotten their last dollar out of me at anything full price.

@kalaksed a friend of mine on the forums, can help you with that...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Thanks for the link, got them now :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i was summoned?

anyway, @LaBlue0314 and @Camkat here's a link to my comment in the 'hidden traits' thread about how to make sims into sages:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17246307#Comment_17246307

an interesting thing is you can give those traits to a played (even an actively played) sim, but they won't actually 'take'... instead, the next time you change lots with that sim, they'll suddenly have all the spells of that sage's school of magic learned, even if there's no way they qualify for them (i did that by accident with a newbie sim, forgot to add the sim id to the cheat i was using to make my practical sage a sage. then had to test things to see how she suddenly knew all the practical spells)

also, later posts there include more information on other hidden spellcaster traits, some of which may be extremely handy (...like i try to ensure every single one of my spellcaster sims, played or not, has the hidden 'spellcaster premade' trait so they won't change outfits in the magic realm. just know, that trait is overridden by certain career outfits, such as the bartender/barista ones. and by the ever irksome bear/knight outfits from certain bar nights...)
    NzP6WPA.png

Oh look, another floating necklace!

This is on the same Maxis version pulled from the Gallery; you'd think they'd be aware by now of this very bug that they duplicated themselves in CAS by having him wear it? Not to mention the fact that the mischief sage isn't even a spellcaster and don't even get me started on Aine/Tess...
  • TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    NzP6WPA.png

This is on the same Maxis version pulled from the Gallery; you'd think they'd be aware by now of this very bug that they duplicated themselves in CAS by having him wear it? Not to mention the fact that the mischief sage isn't even a spellcaster and don't even get me started on Aine/Tess...

Come to think of it how accurate are they to those in the Promo? the one with short hair looks different.
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i was summoned?

anyway, @LaBlue0314 and @Camkat here's a link to my comment in the 'hidden traits' thread about how to make sims into sages:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17246307#Comment_17246307

an interesting thing is you can give those traits to a played (even an actively played) sim, but they won't actually 'take'... instead, the next time you change lots with that sim, they'll suddenly have all the spells of that sage's school of magic learned, even if there's no way they qualify for them (i did that by accident with a newbie sim, forgot to add the sim id to the cheat i was using to make my practical sage a sage. then had to test things to see how she suddenly knew all the practical spells)

also, later posts there include more information on other hidden spellcaster traits, some of which may be extremely handy (...like i try to ensure every single one of my spellcaster sims, played or not, has the hidden 'spellcaster premade' trait so they won't change outfits in the magic realm. just know, that trait is overridden by certain career outfits, such as the bartender/barista ones. and by the ever irksome bear/knight outfits from certain bar nights...)

Very helpful! Thank you for this. :)
    edited October 2019
    TX12001 wrote: »
    NzP6WPA.png

Come to think of it how accurate are they to those in the Promo? the one with short hair looks different.

You're right on that; you're not the only one to have noticed that she appears a bit different then in the trailers, apart from being not a spellcaster and a CAS item is not on her the same as the one take we get her on the trailer. This leads me to believe they didn't bother to save that one used for the trailer and made her from scratch for the Gallery. I also like to think her cheeks aren't exactly the same as the trailer's.

The practical one is close, about as close as other versions on the gallery, but Maxis' version is super bulky. Aine/Tess seems to be spot-on from the reveal trailer. I've already mentioned this before somewhere else, but it's evident that two diff depts made the two trailers, and there's been a lack of communication between them.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Thanks for the link! I already downloaded fan made ones in my game but I'll definitely look at these too maybe for a new save.