Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch Speculation 2019 (Maxis Monthly Announced)*Patch Out Now *

Comments

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    So what's the surprise in this patch?

Literally nothing! I'm so confused. Why are we even having a maxis monthly and why did @SimGuruFrost tease something special when there is literally nothing new that we didnt already know was coming?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Fantastic endless list of fixes.
    I only miss three important ones:
    - Magic portal sound from ROM in all worlds
    - Mermaids won't die
    - Guests cancel eating in restaurants
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Literally nothing! I'm so confused. Why are we even having a maxis monthly and why did @SimGuruFrost tease something special when there is literally nothing new that we didnt already know was coming?

They posted a tweet about some extra stuff being in the patch last week, aside from CAS and the Column Update. I'm surprised there's nothing. I'll have to find the tweet.
    edited November 2019
    "New free update coming to The Sims 4 on PC & Mac! Get into the holiday spirit with new Children & Toddler CAS items, and more surprises! Join us for the Maxis Monthly to get all the details:"

"Hey Simmers! Join us Tuesday, November 12th @ 11AM PT for November Maxis Monthly. We have a couple new CAS items to show, an update for builders, and a new accessibility feature. That's it you ask? Well.. we might have one... more... thing... 👀❗️"

The first is what they posted an hour ago. The second in from November 9th. I don't know what the "more surprised" is supposed to be.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Unless it's not mentioned in the patch notes since the MM is after them.

Honestly, with the motherlode of bug fixes, I ain't gonna complain if "more surprises" is about the menu thing or the hip hop station.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well, at least we get a ton of bug fixes :grimace:

Also, not mentioned in the patch notes, but
    - Bathroom stalls are not in the base game
    - Shower woohoo is not in the base game
    - Computer security settings are carried to the base game
    - The new assigned bed UI (with side assignments for double beds) is carried over to the base game
    - The new transfer funds UI when splitting households is carried over to the base game
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Eefje96Eefje96 Posts: 32 Member
    I cant pay for the university this month, hopefully next month! November and december are very expensive month in Holland.. soooo i was hoping the update was enough to get Some more inspiration and fun to play Because ROM isnt my thing.. Im sooo dissaponted, hoping there is something Hidden in the game haha
    I was hoping they'd patch in the roommate system so I could build some apartment buildings. But, I guess I'll have to wait to buy the new pack!

I wonder what the accessibility feature is?...
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    So, probably this one...more...thing... is not in this update, but in an upcoming one OR its another pack announcement, maybe a community stuff pack like laundry day. They said they would do one of those again.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I was hoping they'd patch in the roommate system so I could build some apartment buildings. But, I guess I'll have to wait to buy the new pack!

I wonder what the accessibility feature is?...

UI scaling. From the patch notes:
    UI Scaling
    Now available in the Options menu - UI Scaling! Are you a 4k player with tiny user interface issues? Do you prefer your interface to be readable at distances greater than fifty feet away? Have you a desire to customize the scale to your personal preferences? Now you can! From the Options panel, open up Game Options, and choose Accessibility. Stay away from the red parts of the slider to keep things in the safe range for your display. But, if you are feeling adventurous, give it a try, go crazy! If for some reason you find yourself in a bad state, you can always reset - either from the options panel, or by using Ctrl+U to reset the scaling back to default!
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited November 2019
    Or the one...more...thing...

Could be the main menu messaging whatever advertisement nonsense they were talking about in the patch notes.

Like great 🙄

Or moving a radio station we already had to the base game. Like gee thanks.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Ugh they removed the rental lots from Sulani. That was the exact opposite of what I was hoping for lol I was *hoping* you'd actually be able to rent them. But no, how dare we want to vacation in a tropical world.

At least we have sizable columns I guess. I'll have to go in to my royal palace build and redo the entire second floor's exterior so that the columns I used for trim actually look good. Probably the only thing about this update that made me happy lol And some of the bug fixes
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Could be the main menu messaging whatever advertisement nonsense they were talking about in the patch notes.

Like great 🙄

Like I am not complaining much because SO much bug needed bug fixes...but why do they bother wording it like it was something...big I guess only to...not be?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Ninja just said the columns was the big reveal😒😒 I rarely use them
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Like great 🙄

Like I am not complaining much because SO much bug needed bug fixes...but why do they bother wording it like it was something...big I guess only to...not be?

Maxis Monthly isnt over yet it just started.
    Ninja just said the columns was the big reveal😒😒 I rarely use them

................woooooow
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    So, probably this one...more...thing... is not in this update, but in an upcoming one OR its another pack announcement, maybe a community stuff pack like laundry day. They said they would do one of those again.

Yep

Like great 🙄

That's been bugging me a lot about the team this whole series. They hype the tiniest thing as if it's the biggest deal. It was a little endearing at first but now it just feels like they do that cause they rarely have anything else to hype. I was a little afraid when they started going on and on about that lobster suit for the upcoming EP lol I kept thinking "uh oh is that going to be the best thing about the pack then?"
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

Like great 🙄

Maxis Monthly isnt over yet it just started.

Yes but replies above stated it's the columns that are the big thing they were talking about.

Like great 🙄

That's been bugging me a lot about the team this whole series. They hype the tiniest thing as if it's the biggest deal. It was a little endearing at first but now it just feels like they do that cause they rarely have anything else to hype. I was a little afraid when they started going on and on about that lobster suit for the upcoming EP lol I kept thinking "uh oh is that going to be the best thing about the pack then?"

I know right? They are SO out of touch.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited November 2019
    Wait there’s a another community pack?? I missed 5 minutes, hope it not something like laundry day
    edited November 2019
    Did...they just say they manipulate votes?.....
    So we gonna vote for a new stuff pack..I hope something cool comes out of this...

But I am.....really..... kinda concerned about that comment they made.
    edited November 2019
    Did...they just say they manipulate votes?.....
    So we gonna vote for a new stuff pack..I hope something cool comes out of this...

But I am.....really..... kinda concerned about that comment they made.

This confirms my suspicion about the last stuff pack vote. It was always going to be laundry. All the "community created" nonsense was a marketing stunt and they convinced us to pay for a chore that used to be included in larger packs.

I'll be glad when Paralives comes out tbh. I feel like I'm being punished for being a loyal fan the longer the series continues.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2019
    It's going to be arts and crafts or the Science stuff.

Still pretty ridiculous if we have to pay 10$ to get a normal sized telescope though.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    im so voting for the happy haunts one, getting to be the grim reaper? hell yeah.