The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch Speculation 2019 (Maxis Monthly Announced)*Patch Out Now *

Comments

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I hope they update the education system
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LucyCatx wrote: »
    really hoping for a high school patch that includes graduation so it makes sense for the university ep

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    After seeing the leak, do you think bikes will just be in University or included for everyone in this patch?
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Hoping for bugfixes, maybe online dating, roomies.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Bikes could be limited to the new world that will probably be in the Uni pack. Swimming is confined to Sulani, so bikes might not make it out into all the worlds we have. Guess we'll have to see what will happen. As much as I'd like to have bikes as a transportation option, I won't be buying the Uni pack even if bikes don't come in an update for everyone. I have a feeling a Uni pack is going to be problematic, and will need some tweaks to get it right. I'm not planning on updating or buying the new pack. Still dealing with bugs from Get Famous and Island Living. I don't want to add any more just yet. :D
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    It will be a shame if bikes are confined to the university world and children cant use them.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    After seeing the leak, do you think bikes will just be in University or included for everyone in this patch?

Probably just uni since they're mentioned as one of the key features. I'm thinking that bunk beds could come in the patch for everyone though, since they weren't mentioned.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Bikes could be limited to the new world that will probably be in the Uni pack. Swimming is confined to Sulani, so bikes might not make it out into all the worlds we have.

To be fair that has more to do with routing. The seas, lakes and rivers in other worlds aren't somewhere you can make your sims go. The roads are however, and I don't see why we wouldn't be able to bike on roads where the sims walk. The only issue I can imagine is the area with the two big lots in Willow Creek where part of the road isn't in the routing area and the sims use the small path that goes between the lots instead.

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Something that will change the personality system of the sims or wants and fears since they abandoned the whim system.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Guys... I just realized something. Remember that they ditched the whim system and there was that leak of favorites code a while back? Favorites are probably coming.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @LoveMcQueen5683 what do you mean by they ditched it? Do you mean that they ditched it because you can disable them?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Guys... I just realized something. Remember that they ditched the whim system and there was that leak of favorites code a while back? Favorites are probably coming.

They... just turned them off. Whims are still there.
    @LoveMcQueen5683 what do you mean by they ditched it? Do you mean that they ditched it because you can disable them?

Most likely
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    If bunk beds are a thing, I hope they’re energy isn’t so bad, don’t need a 3 energy bed, 5 would be okay. I just hope tomorrow we get a teaser from their social media accounts. I don’t want to wait another long week or two.
    I saw ppl hoping for a school revamp in other threads and if they ever do that, or decide to add private schools, that should be in its own pack, so they can focus on school for the children like RoM focused on magic.
    If bunk beds are a thing, I hope they’re energy isn’t so bad, don’t need a 3 energy bed, 5 would be okay. I just hope tomorrow we get a teaser from their social media accounts. I don’t want to wait another long week or two.
    I saw ppl hoping for a school revamp in other threads and if they ever do that, or decide to add private schools, that should be in its own pack, so they can focus on school for the children like RoM focused on magic.

I think the teaser will come tomorrow with the trailer/reveal on Tuesday. I'm willing to bet on it lmao

They're turned off by default (I think) and the past few packs haven't had any new whims introduced.

Also I'm having a bug where when completing a whim it doesn't register that I did it sometimes.

I think they're abandoning it for something new.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

they don't seem to be making any new ones @SelinaKyles
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Rebbilina Revamping all the worlds to accomodate new routing for bicycles seems like something the devs would like to avoid doing. Plus, adding bikes to just the Uni pack might compel some players to purchase the pack in order to have bikes even if use is confined to the new world. The teams haven't been known for adding very many new gameplay features lately, so I would be surprised if bikes came out in a base game update. The devs hinted at adding swimmable beach and ocean areas to all the worlds when they told us swimming was possible only in Sulani for now, but might be possible in the future. And everyone got their hopes up because of that hint. All I am saying is, there have been certain features in recent packs that are available only in the new world included in the new pack. Bikes and cars might not be possible anywhere other than the new worlds included in future packs. Going back and making the necessary routing changes for bikes and cars to every world we have now, would take a tremendous amount of time and resources. Given the less than stellar packs and updates we have seen this year, I am not hopeful we will see bikes and cars in Willow Creek or Windenberg, or any of the other worlds. If the teams prove me wrong then I guess we all win. :)
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I just want to make apartments more than anything so if dorms are coming and IF we have the option to make them then I would hope something like making apartments/dorm type living would come in a patch. I really want to fill up Newcrest with brownstones. Even better would be subhoods. Empty neighborhoods we can name and fill up how we want and connect to our existing neighborhoods. I really want to be able to disconnect neighborhoods as well. I have no use for a Strangerville neighborhood connected to the main hoods I play in. That's probably a lot to ask for though.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hmm.... hoping some kind of upgrade to the basegame that ties in with the leaked expansion that has yet to be mentioned officially. A big helping of bugfixes would be very nice and it is much needed.

Since it isn't one of my favorite areas I am just relaxed waiting over here. Still have plenty of things to do in Sulani and goofing around with my new spellcasters. Will be fun to see the people that want University get it here on the forum. I will probably be quite some time before I update the game again since everything works now and all the mods are sorted. Now I just want to enjoy my game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    I'm hoping the lighthouse woohoo is finally fixed. It's been broke since the June 18th patch.
    @Rebbilina Revamping all the worlds to accomodate new routing for bicycles seems like something the devs would like to avoid doing. Plus, adding bikes to just the Uni pack might compel some players to purchase the pack in order to have bikes even if use is confined to the new world. The teams haven't been known for adding very many new gameplay features lately, so I would be surprised if bikes came out in a base game update. The devs hinted at adding swimmable beach and ocean areas to all the worlds when they told us swimming was possible only in Sulani for now, but might be possible in the future. And everyone got their hopes up because of that hint. All I am saying is, there have been certain features in recent packs that are available only in the new world included in the new pack. Bikes and cars might not be possible anywhere other than the new worlds included in future packs. Going back and making the necessary routing changes for bikes and cars to every world we have now, would take a tremendous amount of time and resources. Given the less than stellar packs and updates we have seen this year, I am not hopeful we will see bikes and cars in Willow Creek or Windenberg, or any of the other worlds. If the teams prove me wrong then I guess we all win. :)

Why couldn't the bikes just follow the same paths that sims use when they go jogging?

Its cars you need to worry about.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Why couldn't the bikes just follow the same paths that sims use when they go jogging?

Its cars you need to worry about.

This is exactly what I was thinking. The Sims already run/walk around each other on the jogging paths so it's definitely an easier adjustment to make (probably, what do I know, at the end of the day) than cars would be.
    For the time being, fingers crossed :)
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    It will be a shame if bikes are confined to the university world and children cant use them.

50% sure they're confined to Uni world, 99% sure children can't use them

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Bug fixes.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Please let me have my potion shop. If we get sellable potions, I'm a happy camper.