March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Royal Legacy Challenge [BETA]

alsvalsv Posts: 36 Member
Hi! I know there are some challenges like this around, but I really wanted to create my own version and decided to share with everyone! This challenge is heavily inspired by llazyneph’s Royalty Mod – the mod isn’t required to play the challenge, but both fits really well together.

In this challenge, your objective is to play with a Royal Family for ten generations and build up your lineage’s prestige with actions and decisions you will make during the course of this challenge. Good luck!

This challenge is still being tested, but I would love if anyone feel like trying it. I'll be really grateful for any feedback or suggestion :)

Concepts
  • Monarch: the leader of the Royal Family. This title is inherited by his offspring when he/she dies. Monarchs may only work in the Politics career.
  • Heir: the child of the Monarch who will inherit the title of Monarch. The heir is decided by the Kingdom Laws. Heirs may work in other careers until they become Monarch.
  • Consort: the person who will pair with the Monarch and bring in the next generation of the family. Consorts may work.
  • Royal Family: the family of the Monarch. They are considered nobles, but not every noble is royal.
  • Noble: Sims from families/households selected by the player. Must represent the minor part of the world’s population. Nobles may work only in the following careers: Politics, Secret Agent, Astronaut, Business, Military, Doctor, Social Media and Style Influencer. Teen jobs are not allowed.
  • Commoner: Sims that are not part of the selected households. Must represent the major part of the world’s population.
  • Prestige: the points in this challenge that represent the reputation of the Royal Family.

Setting Up

Your first step is to create your Royal Family. You Monarch must be a YA, Adult or Elder (if male) or YA or Adult (if female). You may create other Sims to be Consort, parents or siblings of your Monarch, but he/she must not have an offspring yet. To start, you’ll have $ 500.000 (use cheats for this) to build or buy your house. Choose wisely because you must not move during the challenge.

Second, you must choose, download or create other noble families for your save. Since you set this families as nobles, every other Sims in your save are now considered commoners. I suggest at least three or four families for your kingdom. Also, I suggest you to mark the noble families as Your Households, so you will always know who they are.

Finally, you may choose, download or create other Royal and noble families. They’ll represent the noblemen of other kingdoms. In my game, I created a Royal Family and three noble families for each world available. This is not mandatory, but will help you to have a fitting dating pool for your Sims.

Basic Rules
  1. You must not use cheats or mods that give you advantages on the challenge. I recommend using the Royalty Mod and MC Command Center.
  2. Lifespan must be normal and aging must be on for active and inactive households.
  3. You must only play with your Royal Family in this save. Again, I recommend MC Command Center to create some sort of story progression in your save. If you don’t use mods, you may access the other noble families really fast just to marry and procreate Sims (or you can do that using CAS in Edit Household on the map view).
  4. Before start your game, pick your Kingdom Laws below and stick to it. There are conditions to change your Laws that will be explained below.
  5. This challenge ends when the 10th generation’s heir ascend as Monarch. Your objective is to build up your lineage Prestige until this point. If your Monarch dies without any heir or if your Royal Family reach -10.000 Prestige Points, you fail the challenge.

Marriage & Inheritance

Marriage and inheritance are very important aspects of monarchies. You may marry your Sims as you wish as long as allowed by your Kingdom Laws, but keep in mind that marrying commoner will have a great impact in your Prestige. The Laws also will say if your Sim will move out of the family or if the partner will move in.

There are also Laws that will discuss the matter of inheritance. The Heir will be the first eligible child of your current Monarch. If your Monarch dies without any child, the throne goes to a younger sibling – this, however, will not count as a new generation. If there is no one to inherit the throne, you fail the challenge.

Children born outside of marriage are considered illegitimate and can only become legitimate if the Monarch marries the non-royal parent. Only legitimate children can be named heirs. You may legitimize a child if your Monarch and the child have 100% relationship, but it will cost you some Prestige.

Optional: It is expected that Royal children will have the best education. Toddlers must have at least one skill level 5 or 3 skills level 3, while children and teens must have at least B grade in school. If you fail this, you must randomize a new trait in the moment of the child birthday. You may only pick traits if your kids study hard enough.

The Kingdom Laws

You must pick an option for every category below – those will be your kingdom laws. You may change your laws if you meet some conditions. It will also cost some Prestige, of course.

Lineage
  • Matrilineal: girls come before boys in the line of succession. In addition, when a Sim marries, he/she will become part of the family of the wife.
  • Patrilineal: boys come before girls in the line of succession. In addition, when a Sim marries, he/she will become part of the family of the husband.
  • Equality: gender is not considered in the matter of succession. In addition, when a Sim marries, his/her partner will always move in to the Royal Family.

Marriage
  • Arranged: members of the Royal Family may only marry if the Monarch have at least 50% relationship with the fiancée and his/her parents (if they have).
  • Free: members of the Royal Family may marry as they wish.

Succession
  • Traditional: only Sims related by blood to the current Monarch are eligible to be heir. Royals may adopt, but adopted kids won’t be in the line of succession.
  • Modern: adopted kids will be in the line of succession after blood-related kids.

Inheritance
  • Birth: the first eligible child of the Monarch will be heir and become Monarch once his/her parent dies.
  • Merit: the most talented child will be the heir. This means that when a Monarch dies, you must sum every skill point his/her children currently have (example: 7 logic + 3 culinary + 2 piano = 12 points). The new Monarch will be the child who have more skill points.
  • Strength: when the Monarch dies, every eligible heir must fight for the throne. The one that defeats every other claimant will be the new Monarch.

Taxes
  • Low: the Royal Family can collect $2.500 in taxes at Sundays. However, it will cost -50 Prestige Points.
  • Medium: the Royal Family can collect $10.000 in taxes at Sundays. However, it will cost -100 Prestige Points.
  • High: the Royal Family can collect $50.000 in taxes at Sundays. However, it will cost -500 Prestige Points.

Rulership
  • Democratic: You may change the Kingdom Laws if you have 100% friendship with all the leaders of the noble families of your Kingdom. It will cost you 500 Prestige Points. In addition, Monarchs will be deposed if they have 10 negative relationships or half negative reputation.
  • Moderate: You may change the Kingdom Laws if you have at least 50% friendship with at least half of the leaders of the noble families of your Kingdom. It will cost you 1.000 Prestige Points. In addition, Monarchs will be deposed if they have 20 negative relationships or full negative reputation.
  • Authoritarian: You may change the Kingdom Laws whenever you want. It will cost you 3.000 Prestige Points. Monarchs can’t be deposed.

Prestige

The Royal Family will start the challenge with 500 Prestige Points. Some actions and decisions made during the challenge will add or remove Prestige Points from your family. Prestige Points will only be earned and lost by members of the active family. Remember: if at some point you reach -10.000 Prestige Points, you fail the challenge.

House & Finance

+2 for having a Maid
+2 for having a Nanny
+2 for having a Gardner
+5 for having a Butler
+5 for each fully-upgraded item in your house
+50 for every $500.000 your house worth
+100 for having S1.000.000 in the household funds
-10 every fire that stars on your house (-50 if someone dies)
-100 every time lights/water are shut off
-500 every time your household funds reach 0

Life & Death

+50 for marring another noble (+10 for marring a member of another Royal Family)
+10 for each legitimate child
+20 for each toddler that max out every skill
+20 for each child that grows up with an A
+25 for each child that completes an aspiration
+20 for each teen that grows up with an A
+20 for each teen that grows up with max positive character value
+50 for each Sim that completes an aspiration
+50 for each Sim that reaches the top of his/her career
+10 for each Old Age death
+15 for each family member memorialized in a painting
-10 for changing aspiration
-30 for each child or teen that grows up with an F
-30 for each teen that grows up with at least 1 max negative character value
-50 for each sim fired
-50 for every death excluding Old Age
-50 for having a child before marriage
-75 for each illegitimate child
-100 for marring a commoner (-100 if he/she works in your household)
-100 for being caught cheating
-250 for divorcing
-500 for legitimating a child
-1.000 for each child taken away from the household

Miscellaneous

+2 for each pet born in the household
+2 for each bronze social event
+5 for being good friends with a noble from another household (+5 if best friends)
+5 for each silver social event
+10 for each gold social event (+10 if royal marriage or coronation banquet)
+20 for every best-seller book or masterpiece
+50 for each Sim that has full positive reputation
+100 for each Royal Family member that becomes a 5-star celebrity
-20 for each pet taken away
-30 for each time a Sim has a bladder/energy/hygiene failure in public (-20 if during a social event)
-50 for each failed social event
-100 for each Sim that has full negative reputation

Post edited by alsv on

Comments

• MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Cool, I may incorporate this into my Royal family legacy...
  • alsvalsv Posts: 36 Member
    MINEZ wrote: »
    Cool, I may incorporate this into my Royal family legacy...

Any feedback will be appreciated!!
  • ThatstoomuchmanThatstoomuchman Posts: 1 New Member
    Can you update this challenge based on the update to the mod that just came out?
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    @ alsv I'm starting a new save specifically for this challenge. I'll keep you posted...
  • mattiemayhemmattiemayhem Posts: 47 Member
    I just found this and this is such a good idea. Self indulgently uses my OCs for this xD