Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give me your Simlish names

SarahsShady started a discussion about why Sims don't have names in... Simlish. A very good question. Put on your creativity goggles and let's come up with some Simlish names.

how about

Shamazam DeNarnia

Block Freener

and of course

Mayzie Grobe

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Most favorite, Ben Dover, Glory Rhodes, Dusty Storm, just to name a few. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Hilarious idea! So:

Shloopey Attuney
    Muubo Pawanoh
    Agra Haadee
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, I have some weird names that are not typical English, but I wouldn't say they are Simlish either.

Simandus. Audoria. Murderia. Oleck. Geophold. Pivian.

But, my favorite name is probably Wilma Fionella Brixerwood Crumpleton.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I have Secnarf as an alien name. (my name spelled backwards) B)
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Goopy Gilscarbo.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Ohh this thread is the reason why I originally asked the question! To spark some fun discussions :)
    I always though the name Keebo Knnob would be that of a Sim Supermodel haha :D
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2019
    Aga Nawlohoh
    Wex Lander
    Graw Freshna
    Laba Zoobie
    Badeesh Blursh
    Euronka Yibs
    Oonganay Onsa

EDIT: Couple more - Amee Chataway & Veesa Narrow
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Looma Ogret-Weerbreer
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited October 2019
    I don't think I could take my sim seriously if her name was Bibi Mabingmabob, but there it is.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Aga Nawlohoh
    Wex Lander
    Graw Freshna
    Laba Zoobie
    Badeesh Blursh
    Euronka Yibs
    Oonganay Onsa

EDIT: Couple more - Amee Chataway & Veesa Narrow

I totally want to name a Sim Euronka Yibs!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    Haha that's actually fun :D My propositions: (btw, sitting at work and thinking of Simlish names... how creative :P )

Daveena Whintdaba
    Ziiny Bliblub
    Nagard Gerbit
    Freeba Loovish
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @CorkysPetals Um, just for the sake of clarification - are Simlish names meant to be gibberish-y, or actual and simply funny-sounding/-spelled English ones?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Juan Kerr, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Head, R. Sole.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @CorkysPetals Um, just for the sake of clarification - are Simlish names meant to be gibberish-y, or actual and simply funny-sounding/-spelled English ones?

I would say gibberish-y. I think the Simlish language was created to be gibberish for players all over the world, regardless of the languages they speak. Although I suppose gibberish from English speakers will sound different from gibberish created by native Spanish, Mandarin, Swahili speakers.

Any non-native English speakers out there? Does Simlish have an English accent? Care to provide some Simlish gibberish that sounds like it came from your native tongue?

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member

I would say gibberish-y. I think the Simlish language was created to be gibberish for players all over the world, regardless of the languages they speak. Although I suppose gibberish from English speakers will sound different from gibberish created by native Spanish, Mandarin, Swahili speakers.

Any non-native English speakers out there? Does Simlish have an English accent? Care to provide some Simlish gibberish that sounds like it came from your native tongue?

I'm a somewhat non-native English speaker. XD Well, technically my mother tongue is Malay but I speak English so much now, it's become like a native language to me.

But I'd say they don't have an English accent. But what even is an accent if you think about it? :) I think an accent becomes more obvious if you hear someone who is a non-native Eng speaker, who then speaks in English. Then, accent becomes more apparent.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member

A Dutch friend of mine once said that my language (Norwegian) was gibberish, but I can't even start to imagine sims speaking like we do. I tried to play in my language but just couldn't. Had to change it back to English after 5 minutes. It was so weird when familiar faces didn't have the names I was used to :D

Hey, just imagine the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. I'd say we have pretty much the same accent as the Swedes, maybe they have more of a "singing" tone than we do, though. And the Chef is awesome :D
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited October 2019
    DeKay wrote: »
    But what even is an accent if you think about it? :) I think an accent becomes more obvious if you hear someone who is a non-native Eng speaker, who then speaks in English. Then, accent becomes more apparent.

Most of what I write is a guess. I have studied different languages, but I'm not very good at any of them. But I have noticed animal sounds are different from language to language, and I assume imaginary words are different from language to language. I imagine that made-up words are based on the normal sounds and syllables from each language.

Dogs say guau-guau, wong-wong, blaf-blaf, meong-meong and how-how in Spanish, Cantonese, Dutch, Korean and Arabic

Kathykins wrote: »
    Hey, just imagine the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. I'd say we have pretty much the same accent as the Swedes, maybe they have more of a "singing" tone than we do, though. And the Chef is awesome :D

But would a Swahili speaker sound the same as a Hebrew speaker when they imitate the Swedish language? Of course, they probably both saw the Swedish Chef and would be imitating him. :D

• storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I... don't know how I could possibly keep playing with "English" names now that this idea has come into my life!

Sursu Manej
    Cabuname Luvo
    Jureema Shavortek
    Reesa Apsomay
    Yalah Nabor
    Demane Bavril
    Ocilandrah Marveau

I literally could just keep making random sounds and it's a Simlish name, I am obsessed!!!!! Bless this post.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Yabbas looblu
    Donus Noov
    Wala Dah
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Ida Yanowah
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited October 2019
    Jobe Swana
    Yibs Dag
    Sul Dag
    Dag Sul
    Awana Nooboo
    Iba Gora
    Chelcamehzor Yibsee
    Meck Chate
    4kkjdXo.png

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2019
    Foulois Nib-Gibbon
    Whipna Wimfa
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NevonaNevona Posts: 32 Member
    Smarsh Walloo
  • jutrzenka3jutrzenka3 Posts: 18 Member
    I love this! Such a fun idea. Now I want to make a save file full of sims with only Simlish names...

Goriah LeTorb
    Shmeeba Falsh
    Walta Faloo
    Chom Bobee
    :D
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Floopie Weebda
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-