Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims getting up while eating/watching TV

mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
Hello,

I like to play in a very realistic way and, as my family did, I like that my sims family gather during the week to have dinner and talk about their day. The problem is when they start talking in their specific chairs (all real family members always seat in a specific place) they just get up, hug each other and then sits on the coach, wrong chair or simply stand up talking. It's soooo annoying.

The same happens Friday nights when they gather around TV to watch a movie. In the middle of the movie some get up and blocks the TV, then another one, then another.... why? Can't they just sit and watch TV as I told them to?

I like to play on Autonomy Off because I like them to do as I told them but it seems that these activities don't follow that rules.

Is there a mod that corrects this? I found one that simply makes eating and watching TV shorter in time, but I don't want it, I want my sims to enjoy that moment and take its time, not to rush it.

Thank you all.

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This has been my wish since the beginning of sims4 :'( I usually end up using poses even though it's not the same but atleast they stay in their seats ugh. Its almost impossible to have a proper family night.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    There is a mod that will stop sims from dropping what they're doing (I think it's specific to eating) to stand up and hug or greet each other. I just need to drag out the link so give me a few and I'll post it here as soon as I find it. It's not on any of the usual channels and I discovered it through someone else.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited October 2019
    I found it: https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/chat-greeting-tweaks/#more-2213

"Default behaviour and improvements
    If your sims have not chatted for a while, they will perform an autonomous social greeting before they begin a chat. For sims with high relationships with each other, this usually means a friendly hug, or for romantically involved sims it could be a kiss on the cheek.

Reduced interruptions for seated sims starting chats
    For sims that are sitting down and performing other actions, like eating a meal or relaxing in a hot tub, these autonomous chat greetings can interrupt what they’re doing, forcing them to stand up just to perform the greeting.

This mod performs a test to see if any of the sims chatting are seated. If the game detects that the sims are sitting, it will restrict the allowed greetings to be non-touching only, such as waving."
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    Thank you so much!