Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot add Sims 2 to Origin account

Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
I initially tried to redeem the product code on Origin, but when that didn't work I contacted EA live support chat. I explained what I'd tried to do and offered my codes, but I was told that the game had been "retired" and they cannot add it to my account. I really wasn't sure what to say other than thank the person (because they really were sweet). How were you guys able to get the game on your computer? I do not have a disk slot to download them physically. :/
tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
Hey, Nana..

Comments

• Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    edited October 2019
    EA stopped code support back in October 2018. The post is pinned to the top of the Sims 2 General Discussion. Without a disk drive, I’m not sure what you can do, other than add one to your computer. Maybe an external disk drive? I bought disks from Amazon & installed them.
    Post edited by Destin2016 on
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    (: Thank you! For some reason I thought that thread only applied to the Ultimate Collection, but thank you for the correction!
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    A USB DVD/CD ROM cost about $35.00 at Walmart or Target. They work great when you need to have one. That's what I had to do a few years ago, and I don't regret getting one since I still make backups of my games and other documents and never have to depend on the Cloud to be up and running. Nor a failed backup, external HDD.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    A USB DVD/CD ROM cost about $35.00 at Walmart or Target. They work great when you need to have one. That's what I had to do a few years ago, and I don't regret getting one since I still make backups of my games and other documents and never have to depend on the Cloud to be up and running. Nor a failed backup, external HDD.

Wow, thank you! I went and bought one at Best Buy today for $24. I've installed my games, ordered the ones I didn't already have, and I'm having so much fun. Thank you guys a ton; I'm so happy! (:
    Hey, Nana..