Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

His car is his best friend?

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
Ok. In RL I'm a car lover. All my cars have had names and I do love them. But my Sim that I created and stuck in a house and left to his own devices has apparently become best friends with his car???
Post edited by Rhiannon58 on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It's usually the Vehicle Enthusiast trait that allows that to happen. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Interesting. This particular Sim isn't a vehicle enthusiast.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Not sure I've ever seen this without the trait. But if you find the "relationship" more upsetting than amusing, the NRaas RelationshipPanel mod will allow you to zap it from the panel with a ctrl+click on the vehicle's icon.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Not upsetting at all. I do find it amusing. I just need to have one of my Sims buy a Beetle and have IT be their best friend. Now THAT would be closer to RL. :)
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I rotate frequently through many Sims and I see this A LOT. It's the leaving them to their own devices while they have a preferred car. They end up spending more time driving around than bonding with their good friends.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    This hasn't happen in my game yet, but I think the tv series "My weird obsession" (or a similar show) had a segment about a guy who was in love with his car. :)
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    You can name the car once they're friends too! Vehicle enthusiasts build relationships faster with cars but all sims who drive for long enough become pals eventually.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    For those who don't like this trait (me) this mod disables it for all sims:

http://modthesims.info/d/419204/no-car-relationships.html
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    My sims used to always end up best friends with their cars, which was very annoying to me. I disabled it with NRaas Retuner.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited October 2019
    I’ve had a couple sims that became friends with their vehicles even without the “car enthusiast” trait. @Rhiannon58 Let’s just say it sometimes happens even when the trait isn’t selected. Yes, they were named too.

In RL I do tend to like cars too however I tend to be more of an airplane enthusiast. But aircraft tend to be a bit on the pricey end of the finance spectrum with a good Cessna 182 costing the price of a lower end condo.

In real life I had a Buick Century (1986) throughout my real estate career which was named “Bucket” (short for Bucket o’Bolts) named lovingly (not really) by my best friend mainly due to the number of times it ended up in the garage for repairs.

Our late lamented most recent vehicle; a Chevy Impala (2004) was named “Baby” by my wife after the 67 Impala on Supernatural If @Featherbelle and I win the lottery, she wants to get a real 67 Chevy Impala.

I’ve got no problem with that just so long as I can get my Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4WD pickup.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~