Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires: trouble restoring life force?

My Master Vampire has the power to alter life force (drain or restore) and so far hasn't been able to use it as he had hoped, to restore energy to close friends who allow him to feed. Once he feeds, they get tired, and the option "Vampire" is greyed out because that Sim has already "been drank from" [sic] (Sims4 needs Grammarly) and I can't figure out how to access the option to use vampire powers to restore life energy. He really needs to be able to do this, as he is a Messy Feeder and needs to feed quite often, and hates to cause problems for his dear friends.

Anyone have advice?
Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    When a sim is fed on by a vampire there is a buff, and while they have this buff there isn't much that can be done. My suggestion would be to add a secondary sim, at least that was what I did. What I would do with my vampire's food source, I would have her feed, and then send the sim she fed on to bed to sleep. Meanwhile the other sim I would wait till she needed to feed again, and then use the second sim. It really feels weird typing this. lol
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Thanks for that advice, to "tag-team" the friends of my Conscientious Vampire who is also a Messy Feeder. I do that already, in terms of going around to visit different friends in series, taking a feed from each until the need is met for a while. I was just hoping that the bonus I chose, of being able to manipulate life energy (as described, to either drain it or restore it, even for the purpose of replenishing willing hosts out of courtesy) would be usable, and so far, it seems it is not. Hoping someone somewhere knows how to make it work for replenishing hosts.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    It seems to be fixed now. My Grandmaster still had to choose a new weakness recently so I wonder what will happen when he already has them all, but am exploring the wonderful world of mods now, so I care less about these problems, when the lack of autonomy is a far greater limitation on the game.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    Do you know what was the reason the option to restore life was not available at the beginning? also don't worry about weaknesses. You only choose 5, not more. You can get all powers (except of those conflicting with weaknesses), but as for weaknesses you only get 1 per level :)
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
    Ilkavelle wrote: »
    Do you know what was the reason the option to restore life was not available at the beginning? also don't worry about weaknesses. You only choose 5, not more. You can get all powers (except of those conflicting with weaknesses), but as for weaknesses you only get 1 per level :)

I never did figure it out but will test it again today to see. I haven't ever seen the option to restore life force, but I will leave no stone un...turned..bad vampire puns are growing on me.

xicwqMCm.jpg