Update: 10/10/2019 – v1.19
Now, with just a few days until Realm of Magic releases on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One we bring you this update with new features that are available to all Simmers. Configurable stairs, new clothing and build objects, as well as some spooky new additions.What’s New?Configurable Stairs
There’s magic in the air, and the candle summoning circles you’ve been sending us via Twitter in an effort to will new types of stairs into existence has worked! Configurable stairs have been added to the game, giving you the ability to create stairs that are L-shaped, U-shaped, and more! Excited to try them out? Simply place any set of stairs down in build mode, and you’ll notice a new widget that appears… it’s a box with two arrows attached to it. Grab onto that with your cursor and drag, and suddenly your stairs will be bent 90°! Keep dragging, and the stairs will bend 180°. Once you’ve bent your stairs, you’ll see another two widgets appear. A diagonal arrow above the newly-added landing will let you adjust the height of the landing within the staircase. A curved arrow at the base of the stairs will allow you to continue to rotate the direction of the stairs beneath the landing. For times when a single landing just isn’t enough, you can keep adding additional bends to your stairs--as long as they’re tall enough to have room for another one. I think that just about covers the basics; so get in there and try it out, experiment, and create some amazing new builds!The Sims 4 - 5th Anniversary
Even though The Sims 4 has been on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for nearly 2 years, we couldn’t let you Simmers go without The Sims 4 - 5th Anniversary content that released for PC and Mac. As SimGuruRomeo and SimGuruGraham described it for the Anniversary PC and Mac release “It’s already been five years since The Sims 4 released; whew--time flies when you’re simming! In celebration of this milestone, we’ve added a set of end-of-summer content so that your Sims can join in the festivities. Invite some friends and family over, fire up the grill, and enjoy a backyard get together with this new content. (FYI - the new stilted foundation is perfect for creating a backyard deck!) You’ll even spot some patterns with nods to famous icons of The Sims...”
- Men’s Long Blazer
- Women’s Summer Party Full Body Outfit
- Boy’s Polo Rugby Top
- Girl’s Knee-Length Leggings
New Build Content
- Fence: “Fence”
- Railing: “Stair Railing”
- Stair: “Stairs”
- Foundation: “Stilt Foundation”
- Foundation: “Canvas”
Muslim-Inspired Clothing and Architecture
- Light: “Outdoor Ground Light”
- Plant: “Plant Potted Floor”
- Living Chair: “Outdoor Seat”
- Lounge Chair: “Outdoor Lounger”
- Dining Table: “Outdoor Table”
- End Table: “Outdoor End Table”
- Pedestal: “Upside Down Gnome Decor”
To help even more of our players express themselves and create Sims that are relevant to their everyday lives, we’ve introduced a set of Muslim-inspired clothing and architecture.
- Belted Dress
- Jacket with Long Skirt
- Modest Athletic Wear / Swimsuit
- Athletic Hijab
- Knitted Kufi
- Buttoned Shirt
- Girl’s Pleated Dress
- Boy’s Buttoned Shirt
New Build Content
Futuristic Spooky Costume
- Window: “Window 1 Wide Version Angular”
- Window: “Window 1 Wide Version Rectangular”
- Window: “Window 2 Wide Version Angular”
- Door: “Door 1 Wide”
- Door: “Door 2 Wide”
- Arch: “Arch Door”
- Arch: “Arch E”
- Tile Wall Pattern: “2 Tone Wall Without Wainscoting or Trim”
It’s that time of year where we all dress up for those cobweb draped parties and too much candy. The Sims aren’t immune and have a new robot costume to greet those Trick or Treat visitors. Take me to your candy, squishy human!!!!New Look+
In the last update we brought the new look to The Sims 4 but a couple of items still needed updating. Those are all updated now to include the updated look from start to finish.General Issues
- Mouse and Keyboard Simmers will have their last used camera preference saved so your preferred camera mode is active if you switch back and forth between control schemes. New saves will default to The Sims 4 camera mode.
- Switching trait categories in CAS will no longer cause your Sim to switch outfits.
- The camera won’t zoom out when placing objects high on walls and opening the color swatch.
- Basements will not create irremovable flooring between levels.
- Fixed an issue that caused weighting for names, clothing, facial features, and skin tones to skew heavily in specific directions if City Living or Island Living were installed.
- Solved the problem where showers were playing a sound even after deleted.
- Solved an issue where skin details vanish after randomizing traits, voice, or clothing.
- Toddlers now learned how to drink from sippy cups again. Not sure why they were so resistant in the first place; those things are great!
- Sims have regained the ability to gradually fill empty homes! If the option for it is enabled that is.
- If you want Sims to fill empty homes, go to Game Options -> Gameplay -> and check the "Fill Empty Homes" option.
- Fixed various save load issues when loading specific households.
- Sims are now able to drown again if you do not have Island Living installed!
- Floor trims on exterior walls will no longer be cut away when a staircase is placed adjacent to the trim on the interior side of the wall.
- Fixed a couple of layering issues with tight pants and boots.
- Re tuned the values for comfort, decor, fun, hygiene, comfort on several objects.
- Fixed various typos.
Cats and Dogs
- Teen Sims that are Unflirty can now make out with other teens.
- When putting your cuddly friends up for adoption you will no longer be faced with inaccessible UI.
- Now your pets will be able to fully complete obstacle courses with Stand Platforms.
- Fixed a visual issue with foundation decorations being placed next to a pool.
- Skills/Tasks are now displayed for every gig and audition in the career panel.
- Certain auditions will stop being spammed in the gigs panel.
- Teen Sims can no longer run romantic socials with celebrities.
- She sells seashells, but only if they don’t stack on top of each other. That shouldn’t occur anymore, but nature finds a way.
- Fishing in Sulani now counts towards the “Fish in 3 Spots” Goal.
- Players now have the ability to trigger volcanic eruptions with cheats: volcanic_eruption small and volcanic_eruption large!
- Children can now drown.
- Sims can now drown while riding an Aqua Zip!
- Island counters have been added to your Build catalog!
- Fixed an issue where Vampires were exhibiting their old weaknesses even though they were not applied.
- When your subject matter asks for you to photograph their best side, they don’t usually mean straight on. Simmers that prefer the controller can now rotate around the subject matter as well as raise and lower the tripod with the left analogue stick.
- Photographs that you submit for approval now get sent back to you. Why we are sending our only physical copy in this digital age is still a mystery.
- Fixed some photo approval issues for the Photography Career.
We have brought over new builds from The Sims 4 Community which you’ll find in My Library. The builds span different packs and come in all sizes from the smallest of homes to the grandest of mansions.