Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should TS4 come to an end and make place for TS5?

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    It depends on how far they have gotten with making the sims5.

The thing is... they are in a really good position right now, they are making and releasing a lot of content for a game that is over 5 years old, while other game franchises need to spend a lot of money to make sequels to do what Maxis are doing right now. I think they are only going to stop doing that if they believe that the sims5 will be as successful.

I myself am not a fan of them releasing so many packs in a year because it definitely feels like "quantity over quality" but I unfortunately do not think they will make any major changes outside of their own planned release schedule.
    I know they started posting jobs for a new Sims game three years ago, so who knows how far in development they are now. I prefer quality over quantity too. I was quite happy before the release of stuff packs for the Sims when Sims started to become more microtransaction driven.

Nope the first (2) job postings was Nov of 2018. Been less than a year. Also they never said it was for Sims 5 - just that it was a new Sims game and people are guessing it is for Sims 5.
    I started seeing job postings before that in 2016. I just hope they don't call it the Sims 5. Getting old with all the numbers.

Also oh dear just read this: https://www.google.com/search?q=sims+job+positions&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS704US704&oq=sims+job+positions&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.5503j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&ibp=htl;jobs&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiu263qspLlAhXbIzQIHcRwCHkQp4wCMAJ6BAgLEAE#htidocid=3Ppo58k014Rh4nlkAAAAAA==&sxsrf=ACYBGNQaBVT5sxiUm6JfzqTbvEpcdElcIA:1570734724581

I hope it doesn't mean SimGuruFrost is moving on. I really like him.

There is also this job: https://www.google.com/search?q=sims+job+positions&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS704US704&oq=sims+job+positions&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.5503j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&ibp=htl;jobs&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiu263qspLlAhXbIzQIHcRwCHkQp4wCMAJ6BAgLEAE#fpstate=tldetail&htidocid=xI_CEwT5kcm2VcXWAAAAAA==&htivrt=jobs

Certainly looks that way. Oh dear.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

The thing is... they are in a really good position right now, they are making and releasing a lot of content for a game that is over 5 years old, while other game franchises need to spend a lot of money to make sequels to do what Maxis are doing right now. I think they are only going to stop doing that if they believe that the sims5 will be as successful.

I myself am not a fan of them releasing so many packs in a year because it definitely feels like "quantity over quality" but I unfortunately do not think they will make any major changes outside of their own planned release schedule.
    I know they started posting jobs for a new Sims game three years ago, so who knows how far in development they are now. I prefer quality over quantity too. I was quite happy before the release of stuff packs for the Sims when Sims started to become more microtransaction driven.

Nope the first (2) job postings was Nov of 2018. Been less than a year. Also they never said it was for Sims 5 - just that it was a new Sims game and people are guessing it is for Sims 5.

No. We've seen job openings from since when CL was released for an AAA Sims game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    Of course, I know that (I would probably still be playing TS2 if it had TS4 graphics). I just personally don't want TS4 to end yet. I love TS4, but I would be disappointed if this was it. There are still things I wish to see added and improved on before I can feel satisfied with it (and more optimistic about TS5). I can also understand why some simmers are eager for TS5 to take over. I just hope that when it does it delivers for the majority of simmers. I have been playing The Sims since TS1 and I do want it to continue and improve.
    I'm curious what would you like to see in the Sims 4 near future? What aspects would you like improved upon?

How long have you got? :D I have quite a long wish list and I don't necessarily expect anything or that others want the same, but I would really love to see improved personalities (e.g. traits that are more distinct and influential on behaviour/emotions, a fear emotion, memories, favourites etc.) and romance/weddings (I really miss my sims cuddling in bed and slow dancing), and more development/activities for sims of all ages and not just young adults, including babies. I want more group/family activities, 'every day' jobs, hobbies e.g. embroidery/sewing, improved ghosts, and a greater variety of worlds inspired by other parts of our world. There are also a lot of things I miss from previous games that I would like to see return and be improved on, e.g. firefighter/police/burglar NPCs, cars/bikes, werewolves, horses, hotels, bands etc. I know other simmers are always posting great ideas on here too.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    How long have you got? :D I have quite a long wish list and I don't necessarily expect anything or that others want the same, but I would really love to see improved personalities (e.g. traits that are more distinct and influential on behaviour/emotions, a fear emotion, memories, favourites etc.) and romance/weddings (I really miss my sims cuddling in bed and slow dancing), and more development/activities for sims of all ages and not just young adults, including babies. I want more group/family activities, 'every day' jobs, hobbies e.g. embroidery/sewing, improved ghosts, and a greater variety of worlds inspired by other parts of our world. There are also a lot of things I miss from previous games that I would like to see return and be improved on, e.g. firefighter/police/burglar NPCs, cars/bikes, werewolves, horses, hotels, bands etc. I know other simmers are always posting great ideas on here too.
    I really enjoy those ideas and would like to see them too. So thank you.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

I started seeing job postings before that in 2016. I just hope they don't call it the Sims 5. Getting old with all the numbers.

Also oh dear just read this: https://www.google.com/search?q=sims+job+positions&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS704US704&oq=sims+job+positions&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.5503j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&ibp=htl;jobs&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiu263qspLlAhXbIzQIHcRwCHkQp4wCMAJ6BAgLEAE#htidocid=3Ppo58k014Rh4nlkAAAAAA==&sxsrf=ACYBGNQaBVT5sxiUm6JfzqTbvEpcdElcIA:1570734724581

There is also this job: https://www.google.com/search?q=sims+job+positions&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS704US704&oq=sims+job+positions&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.5503j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&ibp=htl;jobs&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiu263qspLlAhXbIzQIHcRwCHkQp4wCMAJ6BAgLEAE#fpstate=tldetail&htidocid=xI_CEwT5kcm2VcXWAAAAAA==&htivrt=jobs

The earlier ones were for Sims 4. The only ones for a new Sims game was the ones advertised for a new Sims game. The rest were 6 month contracts on Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited October 2019

The earlier ones were for Sims 4. The only ones for a new Sims game was the ones advertised for a new Sims game. The rest were 6 month contracts on Sims 4.

For jobs at Maxis go here this is the official place for jobs for EA/Maxis - not glass door - https://www.ea.com/studios/maxis/careers

If you click on the apply button you will see what the job is for and the first one even says they are gearing up for a new production - so I would guess that is the Sims 5 - and it is not started yet - they are getting ready with all these position open though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Of course, I know that (I would probably still be playing TS2 if it had TS4 graphics). I just personally don't want TS4 to end yet. I love TS4, but I would be disappointed if this was it. There are still things I wish to see added and improved on before I can feel satisfied with it (and more optimistic about TS5). I can also understand why some simmers are eager for TS5 to take over. I just hope that when it does it delivers for the majority of simmers. I have been playing The Sims since TS1 and I do want it to continue and improve.
    I'm curious what would you like to see in the Sims 4 near future? What aspects would you like improved upon?

I would love to see that but they never put any focus on that in 5 years so sadly I'm not hopeful for those things in TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Number one Sims 5 would have needed being built over the last 4 or so years and it has not - so until they have a Sims 5 ready to go Sims 4 will continue. They never just stop the present one until the new one is within months of being ready. No one wants a Sims game that has not been built on for 4 or more years - we saw what thaT WAS LIKE.

I also believe the next rendition will not be ready to use until EA has completed the project they have already put 7 years into for the future of all EA games and last i had heard that is not set to reach that stage for another few years yet. I do not believe they would make a Sims 5 usable until they have completed that project as they have a lot of (a thousand) people working on it for a long time - and I feel until it is ready we wait.

It really does not matter what I think or want - anyway - I am losing my health battle anyway - but I do have to look at it logically and what EA itself says about the future of ALL their games and the system they have put so much time and money into that is still being worked on as we speak. It's all their triple AAA games not just the Sims - keep that in mind.

I'm sorry your not doing well as for the sims are any thing else none of us really know whats gonna happen
    I wish you well @Writin_Reg and I hope your health turns around

Thank you - but looking real bad for me. I was so hoping to see Uni but not looking good. On a good note I brought 5 former simmers who are now nurses at the hospital back to the sim during my time at the hospital this week. Showed them how easy it is to get back in Simming and all about Sims 3 and 4. All 5 hadn't played since Sims 2 and did not know they were still around or had a mobile version. Now they do. LOL.

Stay strong. Stay with us. <3

Anyway, I'd rather not explain myself, as I have over and over and hate when people ask me to repeat myself. I wish this were a poll and I feel like we've had this topic repeatedly.

I think TS4 should make way for focus on TS5, but TS5 should only come out when ready not when I wish it were ready (in a little over a year).
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options

Thank you - but looking real bad for me. I was so hoping to see Uni but not looking good. On a good note I brought 5 former simmers who are now nurses at the hospital back to the sim during my time at the hospital this week. Showed them how easy it is to get back in Simming and all about Sims 3 and 4. All 5 hadn't played since Sims 2 and did not know they were still around or had a mobile version. Now they do. LOL.

Stay strong. Stay with us. <3
    I don't think she knows how much I'll miss her or others will miss her in the Sims community. She plays a very pivotal role in the Sims community with her wisdom about the Sims and how it has impacted others in improving their lives. I hope that university comes by next month too for Writin_Reg. I love hearing stories on how people introduce Sims to more people.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Yes... yes, it should. From September 2014 to October 2019, ts4 has seldom wasted an opportunity to suck and be inferior to previous versions. It's a lightweight game and every rinky-🐸🐸🐸🐸 $40 (more or less) expansion fractures its already brittle, slapdash foundation into a buggy, splatty chunder. All the while, we're expected to oooh and aaah while pretending it's not sagging under the sheer tonnage of lackluster direction, vacuous content, and smarmy pretentiousness.

And yes... thanks to ts4 ts5 will likely not be an improvement because shallow and less effort apparently sells well enough for EA. At this point, I just want to see comparatively what the base ts5 game won't have upon release.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Not until I get Werewolves. Ending TS4 without adding my favorite supernatural being of all time in any media would be a slap in the face for me, especially because Werewolves are so underappreciated and underexplored in the mainstream media as it is. Vampires get all the love and Werewolves are the redheaded stepchild in the corner wearing hand-me-downs and eating cold soup from a can while the golden child gets a full-course steak dinner and a giant ice cream sundae for desert (no offense to those who are, redheads, stepchildren, or both, but, you get the idea...). So specieist....
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited October 2019
    No. If it isn't complete and don't get back all the features that I want, then Sims 5 better be like Sims 2.0 with some Sims 4 features (CAS and the ability to live in any world at anytime) or I would never buy another sims game again. I already felt cheated with Sims 3 and not fixing the game to make it playable or at least more stable. Don't want to start all over (meaning more spending money and more waiting to get features and packs I want which we are finally just starting to get) only to be let down again.

If they can't fix or improve on a game that still works first, what would make the next one any better? I don't think they want to send a bad message, it's bad for business.

Finish this game first then move on. We still got things that can be added, fixed and improved on and if we still have a few more years, it gives me hope of the possibility of some new features and overhauls. Having it being final now will crush me as I lose all that hope for good.

If rumors of University are true, I am excited of the possibility of getting secret societies back and we can get other things back!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This response is pretty long but here goes. :D
    I am on team "TS5 will be worse or just as bad"
    The same thing happened to my beloved final fantasy games. Once the original creator is gone the dream is lost and it goes downhill from there. The only thing I believe will be better in sims5 is graphics. 2019 is about greed and money for almost 100% of these companies and sims is no exception.

That being said I'm not looking foward to starting a collection all over again of what we already have. And GOd help us if they want to continue the path of following modern trends like PCs, tablets, annoying selfies,no house phones no newspapers no simple child toys etc. Obviously they will want to appeal to the new generation as would any company.

Even in real life families (most) are not the same, or as bonded as they were years ago. And you can clearly see the reflection of that in the family play from sims 3 to sims 4 even. Toddlers on tablets? Mom taking selfies? Dad on the pc? Kid Brother playing voidcritters instead of running outside playing tag or hopscotch like kids use to do?
    But this is the modern era so what can I expect from TS5? Except for them to be even MORE modern to fit in with this generation.

On the other hand as much as I am disappointed with TS4 I love it for many reasons, enough so that I never want it to end. I much prefer they keep adding on features, gameplay, upgrades and content until they can't add anymore! And I hope there are many years to come.

I am a simple minded simmer. The only thing I pray we get before TS4 ends is working toddler strollers, more group interactions like riding boats together, pillow fights, piggy back rides, walking and holding hands, being able to carry child sims on the hip like a toddler (so I can carry my sleepy children to bed, or just show them an affectionate gesture. (even carrying adult sims would be nice).
    We cannot even sit with toddlers, sims put them down before sitting. Like whaaaaat?😱
    Better romance like cute couch and bed cuddling animations, dancing "together", children dancing on parents feet. And children playing and interacting with eachother like kids USE to do.

I have a big imagination so If I could just get those things I'm personally willing to overlook all of the personality and many other problems this game has.

Maybe with "some" things they can't add because of a bad game engine and I understand that. But many things I believe they CAN add they just dont have a priority for it or care about it themselves.
    The GuruGrant and the dog house thing, or when they told us toddlers were not possible and look now.. .

I know most of the EA team would be like whaaaat? A few simmers want to carry their children? Who needs that? Let's give them talking toilets and giant telescopes and a Bush woohoo!
    But what made me fall in love with sims in the first place, apart from all the different ways to play,is the little simple sweet things that creates lasting memories in a way that other games cannot. Carrying my tired sim kids during a long family outing or pushing my toddlers in a stroller while out and about to keep them from running to the other side of the map is a part of that (for me personally)
    And if EA does not understand that now will they understand it for sims5?👀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Basegame-itis here we come,
    back to where we started from,
    Oh my God this game is dumb,
    Basegame-itis here we come! o:)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2019
    Not until I get Werewolves. Ending TS4 without adding my favorite supernatural being of all time in any media would be a slap in the face for me, especially because Werewolves are so underappreciated and underexplored in the mainstream media as it is. Vampires get all the love and Werewolves are the redheaded stepchild in the corner wearing hand-me-downs and eating cold soup from a can while the golden child gets a full-course steak dinner and a giant ice cream sundae for desert (no offense to those who are, redheads, stepchildren, or both, but, you get the idea...). So specieist....

Lmao @ your description. 😂😂😂😂 but yes I'm really excited for wearwolfs (assuming they are coming) they really don't get enough love.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AlexSimmermanAlexSimmerman Posts: 80 Member
    Yes!! I understand there are people that don’t want TS5 because they’ve invested money but nobody’s forcing them to swap over?? They can keep playing Sims 4. For me, TS4 has been a step-backward for so many reasons mostly because of the lack of depth & gameplay. There’s not much to do, Sims feel very shallow and generic, the whole theme of emotions is weak and annoying if anything. It doesn’t enhance gameplay it hinders it.

Just the core, fundamental elements of the Sims 4 are wrong for me and after waiting 5 years, I’ve realised no matter what they do, they can’t fix it. I’m so ready for a new era!
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    To be honest I'm hoping that once ts4 is over, that's it. Not really looking forward to a sims 5 if they can't even get 4 right.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I must admit that doesn’t go for me, I’ll always be interested in any kind of attempt for a simulation game. Whether I’ll continue to be interested depends on what it will be like.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Well EA owns the domain through Sims 10 - they bought it in 2002 and pay for it every year. Don't suspect the Sims is going anywhere in our lifetimes. But those records are public accessible and nothing new. Even with all the griping the games sells as well if not better than it ever did - so not likely to end no matter what. I think it helps their bottom line that EA caters to younger people as they are always going to be younger people waiting in the wings to be enticed into the fold. The gripers do not really phase them at all from what I can see - they just think we are all pining for the earlier Sims game too much to see how good this one is. If you read the post - well it does really look like that if you think about it.

I noticed the kids nowadays are not all that impressed with Sims 2 as many of us still are. Seeing that game was made before most of them were born, I can see why they disagree with the older players. I really wouldn't have realized what I've seen in a few posts until my neighbors kids remarked about my Sims two game I had on my pc - about the way the kids were playing. My neighbors kids are 8 and 10 and they really had no idea what my Sims 2 kids were playing (they were playing Marymack first and I think tag and MyShuno later) and of course neither game kid had cell phones. These kids thought that weird.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    At this point, I don't even care. Doubtful TS5 will be any better, so I'm settled with previous games. :)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Well EA owns the domain through Sims 10 - they bought it in 2002 and pay for it every year. Don't suspect the Sims is going anywhere in our lifetimes. But those records are public accessible and nothing new. Even with all the griping the games sells as well if not better than it ever did - so not likely to end no matter what. I think it helps their bottom line that EA caters to younger people as they are always going to be younger people waiting in the wings to be enticed into the fold. The gripers do not really phase them at all from what I can see - they just think we are all pining for the earlier Sims game too much to see how good this one is. If you read the post - well it does really look like that if you think about it.

I noticed the kids nowadays are not all that impressed with Sims 2 as many of us still are. Seeing that game was made before most of them were born, I can see why they disagree with the older players. I really wouldn't have realized what I've seen in a few posts until my neighbors kids remarked about my Sims two game I had on my pc - about the way the kids were playing. My neighbors kids are 8 and 10 and they really had no idea what my Sims 2 kids were playing (they were playing Marymack first and I think tag and MyShuno later) and of course neither game kid had cell phones. These kids thought that weird.
    On Twitch, I've noticed the opposite. Many viewers of all ages are interested to see all the things the Sims 2 offer and impressed at how the artstyle is so similar to the Sims 4. Sims 2 does have cell phones and one of the first games to introduce them and the MP3 players and handheld game system and console system for Sims to use. I've noticed a lot of Game Changers that still stream Sims 2 and 3. Not too many play the first Sims game of course because impossible to play on Windows 10 without some illegal means. I guess it is all a matter of perspective, but according to polls even on forums most Simmers started on the first game. I think customer retention is just as important to business as gaining new customers. Obviously there would have never been a Sims 4 if previous iterations weren't sold and funded the project. Sims 3 and Sims Freeplay and Sims Mobile are still making quite the profit too, so Sims 4 alone won't fund the future for the series. If anything the Sims games as a whole are funding other EA games that have ended up in financial failure like Titanfall as financial records and conference calls have confirmed.

However after reading this provided by someone who had worked at EA and hearing how bad it was working for EA in the past, it does question at what cost do the gaming companies have to go to sell their games? Makes me wonder that even pushing Sims 4 packs out faster than any Sims 2 and Sims 3 pack is harming the Gurus more than it is helping them. It would sadden me to know if crunch is still happening and learning that gaming industry isn't even unionized from friends in the industry horrifies me. This was from a spouse of a Sims 2 employee:
    https://ea-spouse.livejournal.com/274.html So I do think it is understandable for customers to be wary if life simulation games should only remain in EA's hands or be opened up to other companies too. I do think some of these new customers will drop the Sims 4 when it is done like mentioned in posts above. That is why customer retention is so important because if there is a Sims 10, then there needs to be customers still around to see it instead of dropping a game once it is finished with an iteration. I do have a feeling that old customers will return for the Sims 5 to fill the void of some of the new customers who leave with the end of the Sims 4. But I do know how hard it is to think of the future when time may not permit it. It is a hard reality to accept that the community may change again with a new iteration, but such is the life of the franchise and I do hope that I am still around if the Sims 10 does come in my lifetime. I guess that is why people say the only thing constant in life is change. Something I've had to learn being uprooted from where I was born and meeting a whole new group of people with established history. I know it's not easy entering this community as a new Simmer whether they started with the first game or not. I just hope that those that do decide to, stick around for the future.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sims 2 and Sims 3 have the same art style, I literally often confuse the two when seeing pictures. Sims 4 has a totally different art style. The only commonality between version 2 and 4 are loading screens. Any other comparison falls flat and is an insult for Sims 2.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Number one Sims 5 would have needed being built over the last 4 or so years and it has not - so until they have a Sims 5 ready to go Sims 4 will continue. They never just stop the present one until the new one is within months of being ready. No one wants a Sims game that has not been built on for 4 or more years - we saw what thaT WAS LIKE.

I also believe the next rendition will not be ready to use until EA has completed the project they have already put 7 years into for the future of all EA games and last i had heard that is not set to reach that stage for another few years yet. I do not believe they would make a Sims 5 usable until they have completed that project as they have a lot of (a thousand) people working on it for a long time - and I feel until it is ready we wait.

It really does not matter what I think or want - anyway - I am losing my health battle anyway - but I do have to look at it logically and what EA itself says about the future of ALL their games and the system they have put so much time and money into that is still being worked on as we speak. It's all their triple AAA games not just the Sims - keep that in mind.

I'm sorry your not doing well as for the sims are any thing else none of us really know whats gonna happen
    I wish you well @Writin_Reg and I hope your health turns around

I'm also sorry to hear this. I hope it gets better for you.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't share most of the same complaints of some of the people who are unhappy with TS4. By that, I mean, sure, I'd been willing to see more reactiveness in certain situations from Sims but I really like being able to have a more open-ended sandbox and I've set up my game so that I have story progression when I want it.

Sure, I liked the color wheel and I played with the open world. I had a good time with TS3 but I'm also having a good time in TS4 with a different playstyle. I prefer the TS4 art style and I find the worlds to be pretty immersive.

I'm not in the hurry to switch to a different playstyle such as one centered around a single sim where everything else is story progression around that one sim.

I do figure that TS5 will happen at some point and it'll depend on whether I have the computer for it and whether the specific content interests me. Maybe I'll go to it, maybe I won't. Maybe I'll wait until some packs come out and then join in which is my usual style.

For now, I'm still interested in this game and I think it can be a lot of fun. I share some criticisms with others about bug fixes, adding more hobbies, adding new adventurous play (some of which has been happening recently), overhauling romance, adding memories (ideally as a patch), allowing more traits and adding better reactions. Sure, I'd like to see some stronger personalities though I actually also think that is happening.

I do not have a problem with having some happy sims in happy moods whose lives go pretty well, though I do throw some chaos in there periodically.

I don't feel the need to impose my playstyle on others but at the same time, I also don't want to lose my sandbox.

If they end this shortly after university, I'll honestly stick with the game I have and take a break. I don't need to buy Seasons and Pets again soon. I want new content and I don't think starting all over right now is the way to do that.

I have a fast computer and I'm not bothered by the loading screens. There are certain bugs that annoy me a bit but mostly, I have a good time and my game is getting more fun. I just need some "wow factor" content to make it really fun.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Considering there are still things I want in Sims 4, like University, Hobbies, and a better vacation pack, I am in no real hurry for it to end, and as far as Sims 5 is concerned, it depends on what they do, of it requires a continual online connection I won't even look at it. Honestly, it will have to really blow me away for me to start all over again. I like Sims 4, but if 5 continues in the same direction I think I will stop here. The game is good and I do get enjoyment out of playing it, but it doesn't engage me like Sims 2 and 3 did. I find myself playing for a little bit and then stopping to find something else to do, I played 2 and 3 for hours at a time and had to make myself stop. I always go back to playing 4 after a short break, but it just doesn't hold me like the others did.