Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many more packs before Sims 5?

Comments

• DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Seems likely about a dozen more if we are looking at 3+ years.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Arzekial wrote: »
    5 more years - isn't that what Duke said.

Who's Duke?

The Guy in charge of Sims 4 now that took Grants place.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-08-23-the-joyful-representation-of-the-sims

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member

Who's Duke?

The Guy in charge of Sims 4 now that took Grants place.

Thank you. Now I know who to complain to. :D
  • SilmistySilmisty Posts: 9 New Member
    I would like to think that the Sims 4 gets another 5 years so to give it a 10 year run all-in-all.

Maybe an update on the existing graphics engine to allow even higher settings before Sims 5 takes over?

I think what helps massively though is that the content is digital for most gamers these days. This means that when you get a new PC or you need to reinstall Windows, just fire up Origin and it will retrieve the base game and any x-pacs / packs that you've previously bought. It's not like in previous versions where you had to insert a CD for each one!
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I think we'll probably get The Sims 5 in about 2.5-3 years so at least 7 more packs. Probably more. There's a lot of things they can still come up with after University, like Farming. I think that's probably coming in the summer of 2020. June. I hope anyway.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I think there are quite a few possible packs left: university, farming, werewolves, fairies, hotels, generations, hobbies, one or two vacation destination GP's, timetravel, ... And this is without surprise themes like strangerville. And perhaps even a few stuff packs as well. I just hope they won't be all filled with single sims activities for adults. A bit more diversity in gameplay for all ages is needed. So 10 to 20 packs is possible if you count all type of packs.

As for the years until a possible sims 5, I am not 100% sure we will get it. A lot will depend on paralives. We don't know when that comes (unlike sims 5 we at least know this is coming) and if it can fulfil everything the developer promised. Will sims 5 compete? Might it be rushed to release sooner or delayed to be enhanced so it can rival? Or worst scenario, cancelled. I just hope if we ever get sims 5, it will be better than sims 4 was at release.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Sims 4 will be around way into 2022 or 2023 so probably about 15 to 20 packs.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    The Sims 4 will never end and that's fine by me!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019

Who's Duke?

Grant out, Duke in, simple. He was on TS Mobile.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Beyond just university, I don't see that many new ideas done for the Sims 4 left to do. Probably will be repeat Sims 4 theme packs and mainly SPs left just to fill the game with more clutter and YA female outfits, that's about it. Honestly I don't see a reason for Sims 4 to go beyond one more year even after university is released.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KafeleKafele Posts: 17 Member
    I'll say we got a good amount of content left. I would say maybe about 7 expansion packs and 5 game packs left. Then again as I write that, it seems like a small amount but Sims 4 has far fewer expansions then Sims 3.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Going by the 5 year mark, and 4 packs per year (unless they contiue the historic reductions) gives us 16 more (4 in CY 19 off the 20 projected). If they continue the release reduction rate: 3 in CY 20, 2 in CY 21, 1 in CY 22 and CY 23. That still gives us 7 more. A more cynical answer is as many as they think they can get away with. I remain sceptical of a TS5, and even if there is one, it will be even worse than 4, continuing in the current trend of form over substance.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I honestly feel like sims 4 has 2-3 more years left and it looks like we get like 5 or so packs a year so probably like 10-15.

Kinda crazy to think about.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I don't think there will be a Sims 5
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Again, it bears repeating that The Sims 4 is not a game-as-service title. If you purchase the game, you own the game. There is no recurring fee.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I don't think there will be a Sims 5

Same here. If perchance there is one, that's the age group it may well be aimed at.
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I think there will probably be a Sims 5 someday, but not any time soon. Just because a new Sims has come out every five or so years doesn't mean it has to continue in that pattern. I'd honestly rather they take time with this one, rather than release an incomplete game just for the sake of being "on time." It's not just The Sims franchise that that kind of thing is causing problems for, either.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm thinking if they run on 6 months cycles we've got 3 more of each EP, GP and if they are going to continue making them, SP.

1 each for Oct 2019-March 2020 (EP coming in Nov)
    1 each for April 2020-Sept 2020 (EP coming in May/June)
    1 each for Oct 2019 - March 2021 (EP coming in Nov), probably just a single GP in early 2021.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2019
    It seems that with each new pack, more and more bugs develop in this game. They put out fixes for some, but many seem to evade the devs’ attempts to solve them (or they’re not trying). It feels more difficult to play now than it did a few packs ago. A lot has started to go wrong in my game that never did before (I play without CC on a high-spec iMac that’s only a few years old). It’s reminding me of the problems that persisted in sims 3 from early on for Mac users - the game kept crashing and freezing. I couldn’t play Into the Future as it kept crashing my game after a few minutes. I feel the sims 4 is going the same way.

I speak entirely as a layman (!!), but it feels like though they may want to keep adding years and years worth of packs (more profits for them for less effort), the game probably won’t be able to handle it. The bugs are increasing already - how many more packs before the game is an unplayable mess like sims 3 was?

For this reason, I imagine it won’t go past 2020. I think next year may be the Sims 4’s last, with the Sims 5 coming sometime in 2021. That will have meant sims 4 went for nearly 7 years, which is incredibly long lifespan for a sims game.

Nov 2019: Expansion pack
    Spring 2020: Game or Stuff Pack (or both?)
    Summer 2020: Expansion pack
    Autumn 2020: game or stuff pack
    Winter 2020: last expansion pack

So I reckon 5 more packs (they may obviously squeeze in a few more stuff packs).

Edited to add:
    In terms of Sims 5 announcement, I reckon we may start to see hints/announcements at next summer’s E3 or the EA expo (I forget the name of it).
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Guys-I REALLY would not hold my breath for Sims 4 to continue for 3 or more years.People WANT it to keep going and going and going, but eventually,those same people will get sick and tired of half-baked packs and start yelling "Where's Sims 5 already"?, or they'll just abandon Sims 4 and go on to other games. Don't always go by what the devs or EA says.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It depends if the start picking up stuff packs again I'm going with 12-15 and if stuff packs start up again 20+
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    As many as they want. TS5 likely only just started production. Everyone that's anxious for it almost seems like they want it to be a rushed job, like TS4 was.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2019
    We definitely have a couple of more years with TS4.

I just hope when the 20th anniversary hits, they have something very impressive to show off, whether it's a base game or huge update to TS4 in some way. It'd be a big shame if it rolls around and it's a stuff pack announcement or half-baked EP (like Island Living).

That date is really going to be a defining moment for the series, IMHO, and show where the game will ultimately be heading towards after 20 long years.
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    As many as they want. TS5 likely only just started production. Everyone that's anxious for it almost seems like they want it to be a rushed job, like TS4 was.

Past sims games started development soon after the last one was released. No reason to suspect it’s any different this time around. If they go by their own pattern from the last three games (2, 3 & 4 - though 4 changed from its original design so felt rushed), they will have been working on it for several years.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    You will get 7 or more. All studd that could, if combine make one final pack :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg