Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From Tot to Teen

Hey everyone! So I was thinking... if there's one thing I absolutely love about this game, it's the excitement of age-ups and genetics and seeing how my kids turn out! I've brought up quite a few kids since I started playing this game in late 2017, and after watching a friend's before-after's, I came with this genius idea: I wanted to create some before/after pics for all of my born-in-game kids (or most of them anyway LOL)!

I initially wanted just a toddler / current day thing, but then I found a collage with three tiles and realized its potential. I would've loved to have added a fourth tile so I could show the process from tot/child/teen/YA but alas, I couldn't find out how to add a fourth tile. :joy: So I came with this! Admittedly, not all 3rd pics are teen pictures... they're far more current for some Sims than others.

Here's my born-in-game children, from tot to... well, YA in most cases, but I liked the tot/teen thing. :joy:

tzL2ZBJ.jpg
1. From top to bottom: Guthrie (m. Jesminder Bheeda, f. Remi) - Havana (m. Tori, f. Remi) - Vered (m. Tori, f. Remi)

2eiSop2.jpg
2. From top to bottom: Calo (m. Tori, f. Remi) - Colt (m. Gigi, f. Remi) - Reign (m. Tori, f. Remi)

csiAuQ6.jpg
3. From top to bottom: Chaya (m. Mara, Pollination Technician) - Riley (m. Bella Goth, f. Thomas) - Indra (m. Guthrie, f. Shiva)

X0gyt5j.jpg
4. From top to bottom: Emil (m. Candy Behr, f. Tika) - Fenne (m. Candy Behr, f. Tika) - Calder (m. Nancy Landgraab, f. Tika)

XCQFuf9.jpg
5. From top to bottom: Rani (f. Cai, Pollination Technician) - Romeo (m. Penny Pizzazz, f. Cai) - Glory (m. Nancy Landgraab, f. Tika)

LbBuIe6.jpg
6. From top to bottom: Josiah (m. Bella Goth, f. Calo) - Tehani (m. Nancy Landgraab, f. Tika) - Mateo (m. Suze, f. Emil)

I added the parents to show who are related (some are siblings, others are actually others' kids like with Guthrie & Indra, and Emil & Mateo), and who have premade parents. :blush:

So which of these Sims do you think turned out the best? :joy:

I'd love to see how you guys' kids' looks changed from tot to teen! <3
Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png

Comments

• Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Forgive me for not making a collage like yours, I don't have a program that allows me to make a collage like that....at least with that quality. Also excuse me because I was only going to show pictures of one Sim but as I was going through the ol' Photo Albums I started seeing pictures of that Sim's daughter and then....yeah I stopped myself before just showing off my entire family tree.

So here's little toddler Malcolm Landgraab IV. Child of my Malcolm Landgraab III (Was going to show his pictures but he existed in a time where I wasn't taking a million screenshots so there's like one good picture of him as a toddler and one picture of him as a child) and the half Alien Grandchild of Lily and Victor Feng.
    rPza1hS.png
    Then here's him scaring the beejesus out of his future wife (to be fair, I didn't set them up to get married when they were children. He was right about to age up to a teen in this photo and she had just aged up to a child, she was actually his little sister's friend from school she invited over. Malcolm just wanted to scare her.)
    JFKkcGL.png
    Then here's Malcolm (long hair in the middle), officially beginning his unending hatred for one of his triplet Brothers, Barry for stealing his then current girlfriend....Barry was already dating someone, he just started flirting with Malcolm's girlfriend and....yeah one thing lead to another.
    vdxBbrO.png
    But hey, at least Malcolm got himself a nice wife and a sweet job as a Secret Agent. Can't go wrong with that.
    SYivg4x.png

Then here's Malcolm's daughter, Sapphire Landgraab.....I picked the name out because I thought "Hey, Malcolm's mother clearly had a gemstone name pattern for Malcolm's sisters. If Malcolm's daughter comes out blue the name Sapphire would be perfect!" Clearly she isn't blue.
    M1NxkKU.png
    Then here's her when I just let the game randomly generate an outfit for her because I'm lazy.
    OiM8lrn.png
    Here's her as a teen trying to win the heart of her future Husband....This didn't particularly work but he came around later when they aged up.
    TftMwQK.png
    Then here's her as an adult with her first born, Ace. Blowing the candles out on his birthday cake.....which appropriately leads to......
    Jt6Oeg9.png

Young Ace happily playing video games while his future wife broods about her life's problems....she did that a lot.
    zEvl2Xd.png
    Scrawny Teenage Ace thinking he's a macho man. Sorry Ace, you're a twig.
    ocF6VTP.png
    Now this is more like it, Ace has some muscle mass to him. Which he kind of needed since he was trying to be a pro athlete who picks fights with people for wearing the same shirt as him (Surprisingly, this happened three times.)
    Xehn7t4.png
    Then there's Ace going for a more mature look as he reaches his middle ages...And yes, that's his daughter behind him. I was good by stopping here because like I said, this post could go on for about.....another novel.
    BLqGaVw.png
    Okay fine....I didn't cut it off there. Here's a picture of Ace after his wife died so he decided to live his remaining years dressed as a pimp.
    XU0WUSs.png

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yep! I am only two kids into Generation 3 from my Founder, and only one of those is a Teen so far. What has made it especially exciting in my main save is my Founders are a re-creation of my original TS3 couple, who before their debut in TS4 had not yet done the child-raising thing.

But when my TS4 play had caught up with achievements they'd reached in TS3 - completed initial Adult aspirations, reached the pinnacle of their chosen careers, set aside a decent amount of money - just then, when I was looking for direction, each rolled a Whim to Try for Baby with the other, so I said, well, I guess that's what I'm doing now. So I chose family-centered Ambitions for both.

Riley was an early attempt at Sim making in TS4, and isn't particularly distinctive-looking. But Avery's features were a gift of the CAS randomizer, only slightly tuned, and while not a face I'd have assembled, was definitely a keeper. The kids - all boys, so far - take after him in the 2nd Generation. Gen 3, between my heir and Alexander Goth, is beginning to look noticeably different, but traces of Avery remain.

Quick intro: In flannel, with darker hair, Riley McGee - a Chef who loves the outdoors, fitness, gardening and his manic-pixie-dream-boy husband, in a black tank with lighter hair, Avery Baulaire - Style influencer, wellness writer, yoga enthusiast, and bon-vivant.

vSnhRvB.png

So, Tot to Teen

Alf Baulaire - the Heir - Chatting up Gladys the Mohawk Lady at the bus stop, Drawing rainbows with Avery at the activity table, High school science fair project with the dads.

DaxiQI4.png

4JtmAWx.png

spmq6Z9.png

Bhakti Baulaire - the Spare - Contemplating the mysteries of PB&J in his high chair, Much less impressed with his breakfast as a Child, Getting a start in Yoga.

wkqFq8g.png

MpZhOed.png

E6bSNBX.png

Chance Baulaire - as in Last - Crazy curly hair I had to use at least once, As a kid with his curls braided tight and stuffed under a cap, As a Teen with his natural hair free again.

E45D8pf.png

jB1GLR4.png

J9fSqk7.png

Both Alf and Bhakti have aged up to Young Adult and moved out. Chance remains a Teen, at home with the Dads, who are adult Adults now with grey in their hair. Of the three, I'd say Bhakti is the prettiest, but Chance is the best-looking. Alf is kind of weird looking, but then, so is Alexander Goth as a YA, so fair is fair. ;)
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Londyn from tot to teen, her father is Morgyn.
    e7dLXxF.png
    0cWaaof.png
    aMn6kNj.png
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

What a fun thread idea! Admittedly I don't take a ton of pictures of my teens (and the ones I have tend to be group shots with cousins) but here's what I came up with:

First up, we have the Bernard Triplets: Rey, Finn, and Padme

7G1xNIo.jpg

Then we have their cousins the Kauker triplets: Celestial (yellow) Eclipse (blue) and Aurora (pink)

3dGmvTP.jpg

Next up we have the Palmers: twins Mark & Harrison, and their sister Carrie

CUlONHX.jpg

Then we actually have a family without multiples, Chimney and Balcony

S3ZRN9j.jpg

Just in case you wanted to see what my profile pic family looks like now, here's the Flendersons: Snow, Wind, and Sunshine

l6USEYA.jpg

And finally, Gemini and Libra Kauker (their first cousins to the triplets)

pQMcNYh.jpg
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I made a collage from tot till adult, cause 4 looks better :)
    In the beginning of my generations play, there were no toddlers, so bummer! I honestly do not think any of my sims have the insanely great looks of their grandpa.. oh well. Their grandpa was my first generation, so no collage there.

Second generation

Hugo
    Hugo.jpg

Third generation

Elora
    Elora.jpg

Aydin
    Aydin.jpg

Eliyah
    Eliyah.jpg

Anika
    Anika.jpg
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Wow it's so lovely to see you guys' Sims! I absolutely LOVE the diversity I'm seeing. <3 It's so good! Makes me so happy. @FurSimsOfficial Man, I keep forgetting toddlers only came in 2017... it's so hard for me to imagine the game without toddlers. I guess I'm so lucky I joined the TS4 train in late 2017... cause that seems to be the year things really started to improve. I love to see so many of your sims having this trademark thing - like the yellow hair. Me and a friend talked about our Sims' genetics a lot and we talked about how it's so fun to see certain features being passed down from generation to generation and kind of being a trademark for that whole family. :blush:

@purplestarz2006 Loving your photos and the poses! And the aliens/hybrids.... yes! <3 I'll always have a weak spot for them.

@blueybluesky Londyn is SO pretty! You can really see Morgyn in her... it's so awesome to see! I always love seeing how the premades' kids come out in others' games. :blush:

@Sindocat Your Sims came out so handsome... :flushed: I love them.

@DoodlyDoofus Love your Sims! I absolutely LOVED seeing the diversity in them. Love love love it. <3 I especially love Ace.

Also, honestly, I didn't use any fancy programs for my collage. I just looked up a collage maker on Google and ended up using this one: https://www.befunky.com/create/collage/ It's available for free if anyone wants to use it! I've found it really neat.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Here's a collage of the Cassidy children! (They are all grown now and have kids of their own.)
    Cassidy-Tot-to-Teen.png
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @Firande That's such a cool idea with the collage.

@DoodlyDoofus I like when people make their sims heavy or bald or whatever doesn't fit into the same old mold. Your sims look great.

@Sindocat I love Chance's hair! I love curly hair in the sims and irl.

@blueybluesky Wow, Londyn looks amazing! Her face is so pretty and so realistic in that last pic. What kind of cc/facial details/makeup are you using to get that effect? She's fantastic.

@purplestarz2006 Love the poses! It looks like a family scrapbook.

@FurSimsOfficial I love the cheeks on Anika! So cute.

@Simtown15 Jasper's awkward teenage years are awesome--love the acne and the look on his face. Jimmy's missing teeth during childhood are pretty adorable.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @QueenofMyshuno Thanks! Both are due to the Slice of Life mod! It's a good mod; I highly recommend it! :smile:
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Eun Young Rocca
    48872403232_b0ab4b5b52_n.jpg 48872406317_938f93d6ca_n.jpg48800900482_edee03b424_n.jpg
    Eun Young is the daughter of Paolo Rocca and Don Lothario's grandchild.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    @QueenofMyshuno - thank you! It was inspired in his case by the comically untame Toddler hair. I was a bit disappointed in an absence of curly hair for children, and decided he settled on the braids, emulating a sports star he admired (he's my most athletic kid). The new style that came in RoM Really suits him. My sister saw it when I was weighing options and said, "That's it!" and she was right!
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    So fun :)

Time is progressing kind of slow in my main save. So this is my only toddler to adult so far I think.

Leah Lawson
    7aofhdM.jpg
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I was a bit disappointed in an absence of curly hair for children...

I couldn't agree more. Whenever I see curly hair cc, I download it.

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    @Firande Thanks, I like to attribute it to the fact that I'm whiter than sour cream....but then I got a DNA test and was quite astounded when I found out that while I can trace back about 300 years or so of my Mom's family in Ireland, on my Dad's side however I find out that basically my family had been traveling to the USA from Japan for the last how many hundreds and hundreds of years. Yep, my blood is basically a smorgasbord of just about every culture in the world at this point. Might as well show that in my current Sim's family tree by having just about....everything in his DNA. And yes, Ace was always one of my favorite Sims.
    @QueenofMyshuno Yeah, Sapphire was born that way, thanks to the genetics of her wonderful mother of course!

Anyways, NOW I need to show off Ace's daughter just because I feel like I have to.

Here's little Justice while her mother teaches her how to talk.
    jNjH4yj.png
    Then here's her as a child right after adopting her little kitten, Juniper.
    malEkUB.png
    And her with her eyes open this time.
    Gwi5HdR.png
    Then her as a teenager with adult Juniper.
    sasXErJ.png
    Then here's Justice after achieving her lifelong dream, being a cop. She falsely arrested so many people.
    EBrVbQA.png
    Oh fine, here's her serious face that she puts on during her interrogations. Complete with a little "grrr" as well.
    uu4jM5K.png
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2019
    Liza Harlow
    F4FYqZz.png

Chester Darrow
    8ihPQNH.png

Eleanor Garza-Schwindt
    5Pc0wna.png

Ding Parker
    B465Fgn.png
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    @QueenofMyshuno She was actually eating in that last pic, so her cheeks are even bigger :p
    She has a son now who looks kinda funny and cute, cant wait until he is a teen!
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Darn, I didn’t realize that this thread was a week old, lol.

Oh well, I made my collages, so I’m putting them up.

I don’t play with aging on, so I only have one person I can show. She’s been aged up and down for pictures for a story.

Her name is Cenna. Here she is with her dad Ian. In the last frame she’s telling him that she’s going to date a man that he doesn’t approve of.

GzKueNg.jpg

Then her, mostly on her own, except the last picture is with the man she starts dating. 🥰

1lK9oo9.jpg

SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    a few sims actually do mange to look like teenagers but the rest of the teens i really can not tell if they are young adults or teens.
  • Options
    NevonaNevona Posts: 32 Member
    Their outfits sure did get uglier😂 one time one of them aged up and their race changed? CC is a funny thing