Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The option to disable/remove terrain editing from the game.

Before terrain editing I could draw out a basement anyway I wanted. Now with terrain editing if I outline the basement to the house footprint or beyond it, it bumps up the ground and looks horrible.

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    It does? I've made lots of houses (after this patch) with a larger basement than above-ground space.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    It does get iffy when there's a foundation on the house. I think it's only when the basement walls are directly under the above-ground room walls though.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    It happens when there's a foundation on the house. What I do to get around it is instead of using the basement tool, in build mode I go down to the basement level and simply draw the walls as though I was above ground. That way, no bumps.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    It might be a bug. If I add the basement before I raise the foundation there is no problem. If I raise the foundation of the house before adding the basement, then what I was complaining about in my original post happens.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Hm, perhaps worth asking at the bug report forum? It does seem like there's a workaround (though not always doable, depending on how you're building).
    I removed the basement from the house I was playing in. Lowered the foundation, placed a new basement, raised the foundation. It worked as far as the ground, but now I can't place a pool on the deck.

Bug or not, terrain editing has introduced more problems than I want to deal with and I am still requesting the option to disable/remove terrain editing from my game.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    This thread seems a bit radical.

Just ask to fix it instead. It's been a known issue that happens. The terrain shouldn't automatically elevate when a basement is placed on a room with a foundation.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    I asked for an option to choose not to have terrain editing in my game. I am not requesting it be taken away from everyone.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who experiences this.

The terrain tool is so useless too. The hills it makes are so ugly and unsightly. I don't know why people wanted it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    aldavor wrote: »
    It happens when there's a foundation on the house. What I do to get around it is instead of using the basement tool, in build mode I go down to the basement level and simply draw the walls as though I was above ground. That way, no bumps.
    That's how I've always done it and tbh I'm only now learning the existence of a basement tool.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who experiences this.

The terrain tool is so useless too. The hills it makes are so ugly and unsightly. I don't know why people wanted it.

Lol no.

qkKQN8q.png

(now looking back, a year or so after, I think I could have made that front garden way nicer, but I guess I was a bit worn off after spending too much time on the interior)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1