Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magic Has Moods, I think

It occurs to me that the colors of the runes which signify the schools of magic are not random. Rather, they show which emotional states are ideal for learning or performing that school.

Practical is Cyan (Inspired) to Green (Happy)

Untamed is Yellow (Energized) to Red (Angry)

Mischief is Magenta (Playful) to Violet (Focused)

Am I imagining this, or am I onto something?

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Perhaps Test it perform those spells in those emotions and see what happens.

To think they would have promoted that feature.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Maybe that was an original idea but got scrapped for time?
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This makes so much sense!
    giphy.gif
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It seems like when my Sims are in the right mood, and practice magic of that school, and still have spells within range of their level to learn, that they do learn them MUCH faster. Seems. Hard to be sure.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    It seems like when my Sims are in the right mood, and practice magic of that school, and still have spells within range of their level to learn, that they do learn them MUCH faster. Seems. Hard to be sure.

I wasn't sure whether they'd need to be inspired or focused, so one of my spellcasters is a genius who does focusing routines on her yoga mat every morning, and the other is creative and does inspiring routines. The latter does seem to have learnt a bit faster, but that was partly because she was able to practise while Aga was working on her gardening skills. I wish I'd paid more attention when they were working on the untamed and mischief skills.

I do recall something about a spell being more likely to fail if a Sim is not in an inspired mood. Alchemy might do better with an 'inspired' mood, too? I'm also wondering if other skills, such as logic or cooking (for alchemy) are helpful.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Perhaps Test it perform those spells in those emotions and see what happens.

To think they would have promoted that feature.

Could be an Easter egg? I'd like to think that they don't promote ALL features and leave some up to us to find out, but those days might be long gone too.

This seems plausible, give emotions a bit of a reason again. I'd like to see more testing. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    One other note - having an active familiar gives Sims a 'confident' boost, which might help with actually using spells? It was not helpful for my child Sim, however. I needed her 'focused' to complete the 'do homework twice while focused' aspiration goal. I had to send her familiar away to get her in the proper mood.
    I just want things to match. :'(