Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can We FINALLY Get Unnatural Hair Colors for Children and Toddlers?!

SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
It's been 5 years. 5. Years...and I still have to go on a CC hunt if I want my sim kids to inherit their parents' blue or pink or white or gray or purple or green hair!! Instead, if your sim kids are born to parents with odd-color hair, they come out with some random natural color (in my experience, usually blonde). Come on.

We should have a feature where we can pick natural and dyed hair colors for our sims in CAS, so people who want their pink-haired sim to actually be a brunet, and have brown-haired kids can have their way, and people who want their sims to have naturally pink hair that they can pass on to their kids can have our way. I am so, so, so tired of this limitation. It's one of the reasons I don't play families as much as I otherwise would, because if I make an animoo-orse-looking couple where one has pink hair and one has green hair, the kids always come out looking like the stork dropped off the wrong package. It's so immersion-breaking! I can have a green or red or ghost-white or gray or blue sim couple, and their kids will get their parents' skintones just fine...but you stop short at the hair? Really? If we're going to go all Doug on the skintones (for those of you too young to remember Nickelodeon in its prime, look it up, you'll get what I mean as soon as you see some screenshots from the show), we might as well get heritable Technicolor hair too.

(End Rant)
There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
5MNZlGQ.gif
When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Agreed! Though honestly, it’d be easier for the people who want to pretend their sims dyed their hair to just change it to something normal in cas. I mean nobody actually leaves a kid in what they age up in right? I get that pink hair isn’t “realistic” but I personally don’t care about that. And with TS4’s simplified genetics systems we don’t even have to worry about kids inheriting grandma’s hairdye or lip injections or whatever!
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes please. Also I would love an actual white swatch without having to use CC.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    This would be so cool for my occult toddlers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited October 2019
    Its alot weirder considering the fact that teenagers suddenly "inherit" their parents unnatural hair color, like this doesn't just happen to me right? Cause I remember having kids with a bunch of random townies and the kids would start off with brown or black hair, but some of them when they grow up suddenly *pop* green hair outta nowhere!
    EMrBkJP.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Seriously, this bugs me to no end. I've been wanting to make an albino for a while, but I want them to have kids and I know that it's going to be immersion breaking if they have black hair when, say, their father was Diego Lobo and my sim.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    Its alot weirder considering the fact that teenagers suddenly "inherit" their parents unnatural hair color, like this doesn't just happen to me right? Cause I remember having kids with a bunch of random townies and the kids would start off with brown or black hair, but some of them when they grow up suddenly *pop* green hair outta nowhere!
    Yeah, I’ve seen that happen too, mostly with children created by mccc.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Vampris wrote: »
    Yeah, I’ve seen that happen too, mostly with children created by mccc.

Heck, sometimes I don't even get that luck. The kid ages up to Teen and the hair stays blonde. I have to manually go into CAS and fix the hair color. I've had that happen with white hair, gray hair, AND brown or black with a hint of gray. It's really annoying when that happens, because it's bad enough that they age up into some of the worst outfits ever, but then I have to fix their hair color too. I tell ya, this hair thing is a real heart-breaker...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.