Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That annoying moment when....

Comments

• IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    When you cancel an action and the sim walks almost all the way there before cancelling the action.
    This! Similar when you want your Sim to introduce to someone passing by on the street. And your Sim is following this other Sim almost the entire lot. And when I already think that the stranger Sim will simply disappear from the lot, with no chance to meet him, THEN he comes back the entire way and my Sim is AGAIN following him through the entire lot, right to the starting point... :tired_face:
    Why??? I mean why???
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    When your sim decides its a good idea to go mop up a puddle from the RAIN during a thunderstorm...
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    You're romancing in your appartment in san myshuno and your NPC interest suddenly decides he's better off throwing some hoops.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    or you have to wait for some dumb bum SIM to finish sleeping on you air mattress before you can snatch it back.

Yes! I've had this happen with a tent too. It's especially annoying when your Sim is already in there sleeping and some filthy looking old guy (Jacques V) decides to pop inside for a nap. Ewww! Get out!

When your randy Sim whispers a seductive invitation to woo hoo in his wife's ear whilst standing next to the bed. You brace yourself for the inevitable silly fist pump affirmation. But, instead, the couple turn, walk down three flights of stairs, run outside, around the side of the house to a tiny patch of grass next to a woo hoo bush. So you're thinking, okay, fine, whatever, do it there, but hurry up, sheesh!

I'm internally screaming "NOOOOOO" when the two then stand back to back and do the little woo hoo dance, then one runs to the left, the other the right around the house, back inside, up three flights of stairs, stand on either side of the bed and you're thinking GAH, finally and...

the action cancels and disappears from the queue.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Karababy52 or you have to wait for some dumb bum SIM to finish sleeping on you air mattress before you can snatch it back

Any weird routing that defies even SIM logic

10. Butler who only sleeps in hot tub
    9. Toddler starving out on the road. Parent picks them up and puts them down multiple times but won’t bring them in the house
    8. SIMs who run outside for no reason and freeze to death
    7.Anything involving a high chair
    6. Ok my SIM will go out to eat with you and pay for the meal even though you asked
    5.SIMs who walk out of a house with many beds to go sleep on a park bench out in the neighbourhood
    4.Siblings who want to pee in THAT bathroom shooing out the potty training grown up.
    3 Travel with and the other SIM fades out and ditches.
    2. NPCs who change into jogging clothes and run off in mid-sentence.
    1.SIMs who must autonomously paint when everything is going on. Or I had this one SIM who only wanted to carve knife blocks. . .

High chairs were fixed in the last fixes..

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    When your sims refuses to put out a fire in their home.

I put the sprinkler system in every house - so I never have that issue - well except if it is a barbecue as you can't have them outside the house.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I tried to autosolve a hunan sim’s hygiene need, which somehow translated into “go into the koi pond.” Maybe don’t do that.

The way almost everything upsets toddlers. They throw tantrums because they get tired of blocks, books, and dolls. They like the tablet, but they don’t learn skills as fast.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited October 2019
    I don't know if this qualifies, as this only happened once, but one of my sims went to the gym in winter to meet a friend. A sim in athletic wear froze to death outside, prompting all the other sims at the gym to rush outside and mourn--in their athletic wear. Which caused a death fest of sims freezing to death and turning blue, which was somehow both funny and horrible. One of the casualties was my sim's step-daughter's half-brother, who I guess just happened to be there. Later, the step-daughter showed up for some reason in her celebrity disguise. I felt kinda bad, so I had my sim start pleading with the Grim Reaper to spare their lives. It worked twice (I think). I collected the others urns and placed their graves in a cemetery in Newcrest. Yeesh. I put some of the screenshots in a video, but not all, since it was like an all day ordeal, & pretty morbid. Lol. The initial death that has everyone rushing outside is at 16:11, & there's some more deaths at 18:50-20:30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRuo78qyvrE
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    When you invite your bride to be and family to the lot with the wedding arch and they all leave the lot before you can get the deed done. You have you reinvite your bride to be back to the lot to get married. Its happens a couple of times lol.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    My sims perform chores, cleaning the dishes, adding clothes to a washer, paint on the easel, virtually anything they do, afterwards they are pushed to go "view" a painting on the other side of the house, or go "view" something outside. Where did this "must go view" stuff start?
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ElderSimChildElderSimChild Posts: 38 Member
    ...your sim needs to "get water" ALL. THE. TIME. :s
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    When you have baked a birthday cake, lit the candles and SOMEONE decides to have some cake while the sim having age transistion is asked to blow the candles.

22_10_10.png
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    You're romancing in your appartment in san myshuno and your NPC interest suddenly decides he's better off throwing some hoops.

Sim - "have I ever told you how much these last few days have meant to me? I think I'm falling for y...."

Love interest - "OMG hold that thought I need to go for a jog/shovel the snow/build a snowpal/rummage through the trash right now! :)"
  • AshurayAshuray Posts: 22 Member
    you just want to cook a meal on Harvestfest, an evil gnome puts your stove on fire and your sim ends up on fire in the process and refuses to extinguish herself :(
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    When you have baked a birthday cake, lit the candles and SOMEONE decides to have some cake while the sim having age transistion is asked to blow the candles.

22_10_10.png

"I can has birthday cake?" :lol:
  • BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    When I am desperate for an old sim to reach the top of his or her career (playing a legacy), but then he/she is not going to work for like 3 days and dies before having a chance of promotion. This has happened to me several times. When the Reaper comes a family member pleads, and if it works at all, the old sim dies again after like half a day, no saving this time.
  • karieebokarieebo Posts: 24 Member
    When you installed a fire alarm, just in case, then an actual fire happens and... nothing. You then realise that there are no firefighters in The Sims 4, so you have to painstakingly sort everything out by yourself.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Your boyfriend is finally at the door. Oh, you're reading a book. Well just put it in your inventory and answer the door. Oh, you must put the book on the dinner table in the other room and sit down. Finally going to the door? Too bad, he's gone.
    karieebo wrote: »
    When you installed a fire alarm, just in case, then an actual fire happens and... nothing. You then realise that there are no firefighters in The Sims 4, so you have to painstakingly sort everything out by yourself.

Agreed, seems like the only reason fire alarms are in Sims 4 is to annoy you while your house is burning. xD
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    @karieebo @Stutum sprinkler system
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    karieebo wrote: »

Oooo this happened to me recently, only it wasn't any of my sims that started a fire. I go to SM just to hang out around in the area sometimes and I usually visit a residential lot to do so... So I did and it turned out not knocking on the door was a dangerous thing because the sim living in the house started a fire and there was no way I could get inside...
    IMG-6587.gif
    @karieebo @Stutum sprinkler system

I use it. When I remember to buy it, that is. xD
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    When you have your teen vampire who is still a fledgling do his homework and he decides to go outside and do it on the patio in the daytime even though you set his homework on the dining room table for him to do it there. What’s that? Your epidermis is sizzling? Well....ummm......yeah. Go back! Go back! ( obeys command only after 10 autonomous poses and faces and hisses that teens and vampires do).
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Sim - oh hey thanks for the fruitcake I really appreciate....
    Neighbor - "Do you have computer?💻"
    Sim - I literally just met you!? Why? 😒
    Neighbor - "Computer! 🥰👋💻"
    Sim - .... 😡