Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Message that Sims 4 needs to be activated? Updated

Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
Not sure where to put this. I've had Sims 4 on this computer for nearly two years, I just played it a few days ago. Not sure why this is popping up and not letting me play until I activate. Will this mess up my saves or anything? Has this happened to anyone else?
tumblr_pywy7nm9FL1wy9czzo1_1280.png

Update - Went online and installed the new patch. Went back offline and it let me play the game fine except it claimed my video card(Radeon RX 580) was unrecognized and my game is now so laggy it's unplayable.

Update - Restarted and updated my computer which seemed to fix the random problem where my graphics card had ceased to exist for unknown reasons. Tried playing in offline still insisted the game had not been activated so I went online and did that. Was able to play fine in online mode. Not tried offline yet.
Post edited by Rae357 on

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    You might have signed out of EA or Origin for some reason and just need to resign in.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    @Writin_Reg I sign in to origin every time I play. This popped up after I put in my email and password to origin. Usually the game would open at that point instead I got this.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Make sure you're connected to the Internet.
  • Options
    @IceyJ I always play offline so I'm never connected to the internet when I normally do this.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Did you go online to get the latest patch?
  • Options
    @Gagea No I haven't downloaded the patch yet.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    @IceyJ I always play offline so I'm never connected to the internet when I normally do this.

Well, the only time I've ever gotten a message like this was offline. For some reason, Origin sometimes has trouble verifying the game until you go online.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited October 2019
    The problem I perceive is EA is insistent all players update to the latest patch. I forgot to go offline, for instance, not wishing to update at the time it dropped, but rather choosing to wait using the mods until said mods gave the green light, so to speak. I was prevented from playing. So, not realizing at the time I'd forgotten that one step, I went ahead and updated. This is the second time it's happened to me this way. Anymore, I'm guessing we really don't have much of a choice. Back up the entire game, and pull your Mods folder. Then update. Makes it harder for some of us to play when we rely on certain mods to augment the game. As it stands the two I need are okay. But, I had just stumbled onto three additional mods that I was just exploring when the patch dropped. One, by word of the creator, is okay. I tried placing the next one in to see for myself if all was well. I had a couple of oddities and pulled the mod until I can be certain that's what caused the problem. I have yet to check on the last mod.

OP, I truly feel your pain. I wasn't having the problems that they 'fixed' with this patch, now I've got problems that I'm uncertain are mod-related. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Hmm, is that a Linux? What is your OS? Cuz the interface looks different.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif