Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids + Spellcaster

Hi i thought I'd let you all know that I have added the spellcaster could to a mermaid. Using the mermaid in live mode enter the cheat, "traits.equip_trait trait_occult_witchoccult" and press enter.
Your Sim will have to introduce themselves then the magic button will appear.
Have fun

Comments

• Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    One of the most glitchy hybrids out there, no, thanks.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I'm using hybrid for story telling and playing, testing limits.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i figured a mermaid/caster would be less glitchy than a vampire/caster (since they both have unique power overlays) or alien/vampire (since they like to mess up over the dark form vs alien/disguised form stuff)

been meaning to do exactly this, test out all the x/caster combos to see how they pan out, but been so busy with other things that've kept me from simming much lately. i did discover that turning a plantsim into a caster removes their plantsim buff. that was sadness
  • Mini_mooshMini_moosh Posts: 2 New Member
    My vampire/caster is very glitchy- unless I'm missing something. My 2 caster couple (a sage and my own sim) had twins while living on a dark leyline plot, both twins were born casters, they received glimmerstones in inventory when they became toddlers, and one was also a vampire. My vampire twin is now a young adult and an acolyte caster and apparently a level of vampire but I have no way of knowing!

The caster bar in the needs panel is in the place where the vampire one was. I know my sim is a vampire, she drinks plasma and burns in the sun etc and the needs panel shows thirst but I have no way of levelling the vampire or using points. Annoying as I want to see the vampire skills and use points but I can't find a way, unless maybe if I find a way to stop being a caster and lose all progress in that, spec the vampire then start being a caster again! I know vampirism is progressing as I'm getting the calls from Vlad and training with him I go the pop up that I was a minor vampire. Has anyone encountered this? Know of a way to be both? It's really annoying, I love this sim and want to be a vampire as much as a caster. I've yet to play with mermaids but hopefully that'd be a less annoying hybrid!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    so... i finally went ahead and tried out a few occult/spellcaster combos and... now i see just how the mermaid/caster is so glitchy... adding the caster trait to a mermaid removes the hydration need, and the ability to change out of merform is apparently attached to that, even though the ability to change into merform doesn't appear to be...

so, we get a few fun things like this after a mermaid/caster swims
    82a053551a25162d854fee6664615c9f.png

as expected, the vampire/caster only lets you see one set of powers or the other (as the previous poster said, vampire powers seem invisible, but should still be able to add vampire powers via the associated hidden traits, but i didn't check that in the quick tester household

an alien/caster works absolutely fine, though, since aliens have no unusual needs or anything and casters have no secondary form, so neither half interferes with the other
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

an alien/caster works absolutely fine, though, since aliens have no unusual needs or anything and casters have no secondary form, so neither half interferes with the other

That's it then. If they don't give us real Faeries (Not pixies, actual Fae) I'm going to use Aliens for them. They have a Glamour (disguise) and a secret world... it works... :)
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    edited October 2019
    kalaksed wrote: »
    now i see just how the mermaid/caster is so glitchy... adding the caster trait to a mermaid removes the hydration need, and the ability to change out of merform is apparently attached to that, even though the ability to change into merform doesn't appear to be...

so, we get a few fun things like this after a mermaid/caster swims

Told ya ;)
  • amber_mermaid126amber_mermaid126 Posts: 1 New Member
    I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't figure out how to get my mermaid/spellcaster hybrids to stop swimming through the grass and sand. They are not able to change back into regular form, no matter how hard I try, so I guess I have learned an important lesson...do NOT mate a spellcaster with a mermaid or else you end up with a super glitchy SIM
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Alien Spellcaster works flawlessly, vampire works too but you kinda have to max out one before getting the other
    You're Breathtaking!
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    Ahhhh. Do ya'll think that maybe I can't alter my alien kids' disguise forms is because they are alien/spellcaster hybrids?

Did not realize these combos glitch.
    Simming for twenty years...
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Ahhhh. Do ya'll think that maybe I can't alter my alien kids' disguise forms is because they are alien/spellcaster hybrids?

Did not realize these combos glitch.

Yes, you'd be correct. Hybrid disguises bug out and are extremely difficult to change (if not even change at all) once you enter into CAS to edit them one bit.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png