Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The reason simmers welcolme other life simulator games.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Cynna
    What if certain points of the rig were coded to interact with certain points on an object or on another Sim?
    Yes, something like that, would be amazing if that was possible.

@Scobre
    I’d actually like an artstyle like that for Sims. Stylized yet amazingly realistic in a good way. I’d love that for the sims (the characters) as well.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Scobre
    I’d actually like an artstyle like that for Sims. Stylized yet amazingly realistic in a good way. I’d love that for the sims (the characters) as well.
    Yeah the characters are pretty fun. I like that they have a lot of character to them and aren't all perfect.
    o7oivl54oxak.jpg

I think stylized yet realistic would fit the Sims series well because that is what the Sims is, is the perfect balance between fantasy and reality. I do appreciate how Sims 3 tried this approach at least. I know Sims Medieval graphics were pretty amazing and detailed too. Really nice character design with that side game.
    f0f52a16744171.562b0af92984c.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Scobre
    Yeah the characters are pretty fun. I like that they have a lot of character to them and aren't all perfect.
    o7oivl54oxak.jpg

I think stylized yet realistic would fit the Sims series well because that is what the Sims is, is the perfect balance between fantasy and reality. I do appreciate how Sims 3 tried this approach at least. I know Sims Medieval graphics were pretty amazing and detailed too. Really nice character design with that side game.
    f0f52a16744171.562b0af92984c.jpg
    I believe the CAS system of Sims 4 was actually in the hands of the same person who did Medieval? That system is absolutely great (it’s much easier to create totally different types of people in Medieval than it is in Sims 3). I really like those characters in the other game lol. They’re indeed cartoony yet in a realistic way, if that makes sense. They make me laugh (Sims in 4 I’m sorry to say do not).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The characters of Sea of Thieves are quite stylized. Even so, they have nice facial expressions and the movements are good.

I've never played Medieval. The faces are excellent. There's a lot of character and individuality to them. So long as once they're animated, they don't become overly exaggerated. The over-exaggeration of expressions in TS4 annoys me at times. Once I leave CAS, the characters often don't look as they did when I first created them. That's why, most of the time, I prefer to use poses to convey emotion rather than to use the stock facial expressions and body language.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I love stardewvalley.If you love that you should try My time at portia.
    I have My Time in Portia too. I love farming simulation games. Very good game and story too.

Love love love my time at portia! One of my top 5! Right now Im waiting for an update since Ive reach the end of the story. The devs keep adding more stuff! Amazing game
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/