Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Work Day Doesn't End If Save Game

It's only happened once but don't know if anyone else has experienced it.

Since people have reported their game crashing a lot lately, I decided last night when I joined my Sim Christina at work (she's a Doctor), before her shift was up, I decided to save the game. It was this shift where she was going to get a promotion but when her shift ended, the "End Of Shift" box didn't pop up, she was promoted but she was stuck at work. There was no way to get her back home.

The only way I managed to fix it was by selecting another Sim that was at home, invite Christina to hangout at home and then have Christina ring up and quit her job. When she regained her job, she had the title before she got the promotion. It seems that since she was stuck at work, the game didn't recognise her promotion.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I've had that happen a few times with the interactive careers. After saving, if it gets stuck, I just close my game and open it. Usually fixes the issue, and resets to where my sim is at home.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    my scientist sim got stuck at work one time, I had to close the game without saving and restart it to “rescue” him. I’ve sent him to work alone since without issue but I’m afraid to go with him in case it happens again