Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Single Sim suddenly has 7 uninvited townies move in

My Sim, Clovis Lily, was happily visiting 'Create A Sim' thinking fondly of her fairly small, pretty, one bedroom-one bathroom home. When she returned exhausted but with her wardrobe now complete - SEVEN townies had moved it! How do I get them to 'move out'?

Comments

• Choco446Choco446 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm pretty sure you can just go to the neighborhood screen (edit town), select the family, and press the Split Household button.

That's a pretty odd glitch!
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited October 2019
    That sounds like the result of a wrong lot type (UL-style apartment). This lot type is meant to build dorms and will add uncontrollable roommates into your house. They will pay rent, if I remember correctly.
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    Choco446 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can just go to the neighborhood screen (edit town), select the family, and press the Split Household button.

That's a pretty odd glitch!

Choco446 - Thanks for the idea. I'll try it when I go back in-game
    Turjan wrote: »
    That sounds like the result of a wrong lot type (UL-style apartment). This lot type is meant to build dorms and will add uncontrollable roommates into your house. They will pay rent, if I remember correctly.

Turjan - It is a 20x30 House Lot and always has been.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    @SimsplyRuth - It doesn't matter what the size of the lot is or what the house looks like. When viewed through Edit Town, is the lot type onto which it has been placed or built now showing as Residential-Regular or Apartment? The Uni Apartment lot type activates the town's Roommate service for up to 7 NPC roommates and there is no way to switch that off. That's why it is being mentioned, what you are describing is expected behavior if the lot type is not the right one. If you dismiss or otherwise get rid of the unwanted roommates, then 7 more will show up by the next morning if this is indeed the cause.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    @SimsplyRuth - It doesn't matter what the size of the lot is or what the house looks like. When viewed through Edit Town, is the lot type onto which it has been placed or built now showing as Residential-Regular or Apartment? The Uni Apartment lot type activates the town's Roommate service for up to 7 NPC roommates and there is no way to switch that off. That's why it is being mentioned, what you are describing is expected behavior if the lot type is not the right one. If you dismiss or otherwise get rid of the unwanted roommates, then 7 more will show up by the next morning if this is indeed the cause.

It shows as residential-regular. It was residential-regular when I first played the world and began to build the house.
    Igazor - I want to tell you how much I appreciate all you do for we simmers. You always seem to have an answer, or a show of compassion, or say something upbeat that we can laugh with. Thank you. (I have been since I got my base game the day it was released usually just been a lurker here.)
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    @SimsplyRuth - Try this:

1. Click your sims cellphone, and select "Real Estate and Travel Services"
    2. Select "Roommate Services"
    3. Check to see if "Enable Roommate Services" is On or Off. If it's On, turn it Off.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    Maybe we should actually confirm that these 7 sims are NPC roommates, as I think we skipped over asking that. Can you control them by selecting them on the portrait panel on the left side of the screen, which would mean they are actually part of your household, or do they remain non-selectable as Roommates would be?

Another possible cause, have or do you ever quit your game to the Main Menu and then load it or a different save without having quit all the way to the Desktop (or Origin) and reloading?

And thanks for the kind words, by the way. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net