Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge Casting Thread **CLOSED**

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    The girls are all so interesting and pretty. I’m excited!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Okay, I'll finally have time to make my sim tomorrow. Just hang on a bit longer!!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    The girls are all so interesting and pretty. I’m excited!

They are :) It'll take some more time because ... eh, I tried to build a house. Most used button: BULLDOZER. -.- I'll try again soon.
    Okay, I'll finally have time to make my sim tomorrow. Just hang on a bit longer!!

No rush :) I can't start yet anyway :sweat_smile:

I will add a picture of the Bachelor now :) I'm thinking about changing his name tho.
    edited October 2019
    EMnvVwj.png

Gallery ID: nerdfashion
    Name: Ria Grande

Amount of Kids you Want: I want kids, but not right away. I need to sort myself out before I'm ready to be a mother!
    Do you Want to get Married: Yes, I do, but again, not right away. I need to make sure you're really the guy for me if I win.
    Hobbies: I love vegetarian cooking. I don't make the best food, but I'm working on it!
    About you: When I was 5, mama and papa split up. I lived with mama most of the time, then spent every other weekend at papas. My twin brother Rio lived with papa most of the time, then spent every weekend I wasn't at papas place with me and mama. When I got older, Rio went off to Sulani to be a fisherman, and I went to college to be a teacher. But it was as boring as mama's sweet potato pie, so I started cookin' instead. Now I'm trying to start a vegetarian restaurant because heaven knows we all need to eat healthier. Oh... and I got expelled from University*. Why.. well, that's another story.

*University and College are the same thing in the United States. This is why I said she went to college, then said university. Please do NOT get confused.

Another Picture:
    2QEFD99.png

funny-gifs20.gif

@nerdfashion Thank you :) Ria is really cute :)

So, now it's up to me when it starts. I'm really behind tho. :#
    @nerdfashion Thank you :) Ria is really cute :)

So, now it's up to me when it starts. I'm really behind tho. :#

Thank you! I'm tempted to start my own legacy challenge with her now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    The bachelor is cute! ❤
    kittymeow wrote: »
    The bachelor is cute! ❤

I second that! He's cute.

The Public Enemy aspiration makes me giggle.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2019
    I love Nathan! He’s really handsome. And since Veronica is pretty shallow she’ll be happy about that :D
  • HollyHanoHollyHano Posts: 88 Member
    Can't wait to see how this challenge progresses! <3
    Please call me Spell :)
    @nerdfashion Would you play with scoring or for the plot? I'd love to see it, in case you put it online of course :)

@kittymeow Thank you :) I still think about renaming him, Nathan Bacon instead of Brennan. Not sure yet tho :sweat_smile:

@TheYayToast Thank you :) I haven't used this aspiration in a long time. I had a becoming-rich-as-mafia-boss kinda image in my head when I picked it :D Love your new signature btw :love:

@MaggieMarley Thank you :) Shallow about his good looks? ^^ Or do you mean his aspiration?

@HollyHano I hope you're patient :sweat_smile:
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Nooo I missed it :(
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Skeilah wrote: »

So sorry :( The spots were filled up super fast.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Skeilah wrote: »

So sorry :( The spots were filled up super fast.

No problem, I'll just cry in a corner and forget about it :')
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • HollyHanoHollyHano Posts: 88 Member
    Ahaha, I'm not, but I'll try :D

I wish I'd seen this in time to get a sim in, but I love the girls people put in so it'll be fun to follow along anyway.

I love your avatar and sig btw! Freddie <3
    Please call me Spell :)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2019

@MaggieMarley Thank you :) Shallow about his good looks? ^^ Or do you mean his aspiration?
    She’s shallow in that she cares too much about superficial things such as appearance - that means she will be happy about his good looks.

The public enemy aspiration involves the criminal career, doesn’t it? So long as her husband is bringing home the big bucks and spending them appropriately (i.e. on her) Veronica won’t care how he makes that money.
    @nerdfashion Would you play with scoring or for the plot? I'd love to see it, in case you put it online of course :)

@Queenarella I'm not quite sure what you mean. Would you mind explaining?
    funny-gifs20.gif

@TheYayToast Thank you :) I haven't used this aspiration in a long time. I had a becoming-rich-as-mafia-boss kinda image in my head when I picked it :D Love your new signature btw :love:

Nathan Bacon makes me giggle.

The rags to riches as a mob boss sounds fantastic. Okay, maybe not rags, but ya know.

Maddy probably wouldn't mind the mafia career. She'd probably romanticize it after reading way too many romance novels. Romance series: I married a mob boss!

Thank you! (about the signature)
    @Skeilah There will probably another chance soon :)

@HollyHano I just finished my other challenge. Now I only need to build a house and start the challenge. "Only" :D It might take some time because I will be a bit busier up until the 23rd. I'll try my best tho.

Thank you! Freddie is the best <3

@MaggieMarley Ooh, nice :D As far as I know, the criminal career pays the least at the beginning :sweat_smile: I hope she won't dump him in case she wins.

@nerdfashion There are rules written by Pinstar where you can play with scoring points. I'll try to do this (unless it's too hard to combine it with the bachelor part). Most legacies I've seen so far don't use the scoring system and "only" write stories about their progress.

@TheYayToast The Bacons :D I am really tempted to change his name. But I also love the name Brennan. Hard decision.

It'll be worse than rags. The bachelor part will take place in a nice house and all but the legacy part will be a 50x50 lot with only 1,800 Simoleons to start with :D And this time with two sims. I'm not sure yet if this will be easier to start with or harder.
    I like Brennan Bacon, it has a nice ring to it. :)
    edited October 2019

It would either be Nathan Brennan or Nathan Bacon tho. Or I change it to Brendon Bacon? You know what, I make a poll. :D

It's here.

It would either be Nathan Brennan or Nathan Bacon tho. Or I change it to Brendon Bacon? You know what, I make a poll. :D

It's here.

Oh, I was thinking his first name was Brennan, sorry about that. :D I will vote!

It's here.

Oh, I was thinking his first name was Brennan, sorry about that. :D I will vote!

Brennan like in Temperance Brennan from Bones :D Thank you :)
    edited October 2019
    Here's the post from @AdamsEve1231's Paramours in Paradise/Sweethearts in Sulani thread that I thought could be useful:
    Here's what I did in game:
    • cheated and reset all the relationships in the household once I moved the guys in
    • if they had the opportunity to do a flirty introduction, I'd choose that
    • each guy had 5 interactions and 1 could be romantic
    • To add some randomness, I would click on Breanna after the introduction and the first option on the left would be the option I'd select for an interaction (OR if they rolled a whim regarding Breanna, I'd initiate that)
    • After 4 interactions, if they did not naturally select a "romance" action, I'd pick flirt for them
    • Then I'd switch to Breanna and see what things she was thinking (a.k.a. whims and moodlets) and interact in the way that made the most sense for her personality.
    • Finally, I'd give each guy one more final interaction, and then wait for the next guy to show up.

During that waiting time, sometimes, the guys would get extra autonomous interactions in (and Breanna too). That was fun to watch. Sometimes they'd initiate things on their own and I'd let it happen.

I selected this process because the first time I tried introducing the guys, it was complete and utter chaos and someone nearly drowned *cough cough* Mort... :# and we had needs failures and running off and not interacting with Breanna at all. Ugh! Boys! You're making it difficult for me. :D

As for dialogue, it's based on their personality, interpretation of their expressions and actions in game, moodlets, whims, turn ons/turn offs, and star signs.

I also have a points system for the encounters with Breanna:
    +1 for a positive interaction, or a well-received romantic, funny, or mischievous interaction
    -1 for a negative interaction or rejected romantic interaction, mean interaction, awkward encounter, or a mischievous interaction that didn't work

These points will be compiled and added to Breanna's overall impression points at the end of each day. Certain encounters and interactions will also receive bonus points (i.e. a one-on-one date will receive 1 extra point, instead of points for each different encounter during the date so as not to give an enormous edge to one particular person). A negative date or a sweeping romantic gesture may generate or subtract additional points. Competitors arriving late will also have an opportunity to "make up" points so they are relatively level with the other candidates. Competitions will add points also for participation and for success, but depends on the scenario.

I'll also allow the community to vote for their favorite guy at the end of each post and these points will also factor into the competition. I take detailed notes and snap screenshots to help me remember what happens during the game so as to be as fair as possible. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

And I won't retag everyone who is already listed above. You know who you are.
    FYI, the ladies will have a similar points system.

Hope this can be useful to you for the challenge.

And I hope Lizzie doesn't mind me sharing. ^.^"
    @nerdfashion There are rules written by Pinstar where you can play with scoring points. I'll try to do this (unless it's too hard to combine it with the bachelor part). Most legacies I've seen so far don't use the scoring system and "only" write stories about their progress.

Okay, thanks. I would do it for the story, as scoring makes it pretty boring.
    funny-gifs20.gif