Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystic Stone Bay - Update 12/29/2019 New Screenshots & why is no 1 playing with my saved game? PG 2

Comments

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited November 2019
    Update 11/3/2019

I just uploaded some extra households for Mystic Stone Bay for those who would like to add more sims to their game, have a powerful computer that can handle significantly more Sims, and don't think my saved game file is big enough. I will have to warn you through, that most of these use content, and some even include life states from expansion packs, that I didn't use in Mystic Stone Bay, or the saved game file that I created for it. So be aware that if you don't don't have World Adventures, University, Showtime and Seasons, some of these households will be completely unplayable.

Teenage Mermaid
    https://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9346170

Skeptics Caravan
    https://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9346171

Plantain
    https://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9346172

Adventurous
    https://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9346174

Extraterrestrial Cowboy
    https://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9346173

All of them tell you were to place them in their lot description and each of them include a new house, with the exception of the Skeptics Caravan, which is supposed to be placed on one of the world's existing houses. Read the household description to see where to place them, if you have trouble finding the lot for that particular household.

Edit - I forgot an important detail earlier. The lots where these households are meant to go are marked by this symbol ^^
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Also I am going to get started creating the festival lot soon. It too will be a separate download since I didn't use any Seasons content on the rest of the map. I may or may not create any more extra household for the world at this point, but if I do, I am only going to create at most a few more.
  • Options
    Update 11/5/2019

I've made some significant improvements to the map, at least from a purely aesthetic standpoint. I'm about to start play testing an updated version of Mystic Stone Bay, however, I am not going to upload the next version yet because I want to give you guys a lot more time to play test the previous version that I released on Halloween. I'm thinking another week or so? Its only been about four days since I uploaded the second version of the Beta and I would like to give you guys some more time, in case you find anything wrong with it that I could fix before I upload the next version of the map. That's really not anywhere near enough time. When do you guys think I should upload the next version of the the map? In the meantime please post comments here about any issues you are running into with the current version so I can fix them before I upload the next version.

I was also going to show off some screenshots from my play test of the current version, but whenever I try to upload them to my page right now, I get an error message and it tells me the site is closed for maintenance. Sorry about that.
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi :D ,

just to let you know that I will not have a lot of time to play in Mystic Stone Bay at the moment as I have joined the Holiday Gift Exchange and that will occupy all my simming activities until the beginning of December :#

I have checked out your new version and your cliff areas are looking so much better already. Keep up the good work!!!
    I'm looking forward to adding all those great new creations when you upload your next version :D
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Thanks @Hidehi ! Glad you're enjoying it.

There won't be much in the way of new lots through. Although I did decide to add one new household to the official saved game file, along with one new house for them on the map itself. The big difference between the current version and the next will be the extra scenery objects that I've added outside of the lots and the few improvements I've made to the lots themselves. One of the most noticeable differences will how I've used the terrain tools to create a bunch of rocks. Another is that I've added a bathroom to Compromise Beach lot, and moved some of the plants around on some of the other lots so that they're no longer clipping through the walls.

Some of the other improvements won't even be visible. For example, I just realized that my sims are treating barn doors as the front doors to some of the houses when they visit some of the other sims living on the ranch lots. That won't be the case in the next version.
  • Options
    Update 11/9/2019

Assuming I don't hear back from at least one more person saying that they need more time I'm going to release the next version of the map on the 15th. I think that should be enough time for most of you and the next version of the map will not be the final version anyway, since it will require some testing with the new stuff that I've added to make sure nothing is wrong with the new additions, or in case I missed something.

Now here are some screen shots that I wanted to show you guys last time, but wasn't able to because they didn't upload.

I started play testing the map with the rest of the other expansion packs installed, except for Into the Future. Here's one of the performers I came across. Can't see her? Well that's because she was an invisible magician. No its not photoshopped and I'm not joking. I encountered a bug.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Luckily after I found out her name, and reset her, I invited her out and she was no longer invisible. Problem solved, I guess.

screenshot_original.jpg

Here is what a hot spot in Mystic Stone Bay looks like if you're playing with my saved game file and those extra sims I created. Note that all of these sims, except for the guy with the long hair in the tan shirt, come with the saved game file.

screenshot_original.jpg

Now I began play testing the next version of the map and here are some screen shots of the latest version that I haven't uploaded yet. Note that you won't see much of the new stuff here, as I wanted to leave some surprises. Here's a conversation two of my sims had in one of the parks.

screenshot_original.jpg

I didn't know the Repo NPC could appear on other lots besides your house.

screenshot_original.jpg

Here are a bunch of my Sims inside the horse ranch

screenshot_original.jpg

Oh and finally, here's your first image of what Farmstead Island Park will look like as a festival lot. This it during the fall, "Nightmare Fuel Festival!" Note that I added some more stuff to it and made a few changes since I took this screenshot. I'm still play testing it, but the festival lot, should be available as a separate on the 15th as well.

screenshot_original.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Update 10/15/2019

Its time for Beta Version 3.0 to be downloaded and tested out. You guys should like this version better than the previous ones, since I have a made a few small but significant improvements. It also looks a lot better in my opinion. I only added two new lots, one is a household with a new family, bringing the total up to 46, and the other is a no visitors allowed scenery object lot. Most of the changes involve the added scenery, or changes to the preexisting lots. I thought about adding more empty lots, but I decided not to, since I think it already has enough, and I didn't want to radically change the layout or add any extra roads.

Here's the download link. Don't forget to keep play testing the map. Checkout any lots you didn't get to in your previous play though, in case I missed anything.

( Removed link as it is no longer available. Check the Front Page )

And here's the link to the festival lot version of Farmstead Island Park like I promised.

https://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9348288

Now here are some screenshots of Mystic Stone Bay beta version 3.0.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg*
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    *You won't encounter performers such as magicians unless Showtime is also installed

The next version will probably be the final version, since I don't think I'll be making too many changes to the map after this, besides fixing things that don't work, unless you guys don't like some of the aesthetic changes I made, or there are other things you would really like me to add to make the world look better. I will also change the household funds in version 4.0 since in my opinion most of them start out with too much money.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Kind of reminds me of a town I grew up near called Mystic.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @GraceyManor Really? That's an interesting bit of trivia. Thanks for sharing it. I actually didn't know there any real towns out there with the word "Mystic" in their name. Anything else you happened to notice about the world that you either liked or disliked? Its still not the final version, so I might make a few more changes before the last one is released.
  • Options
    Update 11/24/2019

I recently started play testing the map again, and so far I haven't run into any issues. I hope you guys haven't run into too many problems either. Please let me know if there's anything you don't like about Mystic Stone Bay, or that you think could use some improvement, if you haven't already. This maybe your last chance. Assuming there's nothing that will require further play testing, the next version of the map should be the final version that will include everything including the NPC cemetery ghosts and lower starter funds for most of the households. I'm not sure when exactly it will be released but version 4.0, which most likely will be the final version will be released sometime in early to mid December to give you guys a bit of extra time, since it is really important to make sure that nothing is wrong with the map, especially since as I stated before, the next version of the map most likely will be the final version. So again, if you have any criticisms of the world, please let me know as soon as possible, so I might be able to make the changes before than.

To everyone reading this who lives in the U.S I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Update 12/4/2019

Let me know if you need more time, I am going to try to get the final version on the exchange and ready for download this month.

I am still not sure of the exact release date however
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Update 12/15/2019

I'm almost done creating all of the NPC ghosts. Assuming nothing goes wrong the final version of Mystic Stone Bay should be available on December 21st. Mark that date. I will also try my best to get it uploaded to the exchange, however, if you download it from the exchange, keep in mind that you will have download the saved game file as well, if you want to play with the Sims I created for the world. ( excluding of course those extra households I made that will still be a separate download. ) I hope everyone likes the final version as much as I do.

Due to the theme of the world, I'm really sorry I couldn't get the final version of it done before Halloween, but at least it will be here before the end of the year. I should have started on it much earlier, and maybe than that would have been a possibility.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Upadate 12/21/2019

The Final Version is here! Head over back to the first page if you are interested in downloading it, along with the final version of the saved game file. I will try to get the map uploaded to the exchange as well, as soon as possible!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Update 12/22/2019

The map is now on the Sims 3 Exchange as well! Keep in mind that if you want the full experience including all of my households and graveyard ghosts you will still have to download the separate Mystic Stone Bay Story saved game file.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Update 12/24/2019

I forgot to upload the trouble shooting "Solution to Known Problems" text for those who need it. Sorry I forgot to do so earlier. Head over to page one if you're having problems with the map and are not playing with the saved game file.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Update 12/29/2019

Here are some of the screenshots that I've taken playing around with the saved game file that I created, and why has no one apparently but my downloaded and started playing with Mystic Stone Bays' official saved game file? I'll post a link to the map and the saved game file here followed by the new screenshots, in case somehow no one noticed it on page one.

Here's the map
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9354079

And here is the official saved game file that you will need if you want to meet the Residence of mystic Stone Bay.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qo0mbtpqxr6kxki/Mystic_Stone_Bay_Story.zip/file

Also in case you still don't want to play with saved game file, here's a trouble shooting document you might need, if you play Mystic Stone Bay without it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g7rvgim88iyauua/Known_Problems_and_Solutions.rtf/file

Now take a look at just some of the sims that I created specifically for the world. Again, why has no one downloaded the latest version of my saved game file and played around with it, besides me?

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Seriously, I want to know why no one has downloaded the saved game file that created for this world. Its been over a week and still no one has touched it. I know that at least one person played with it while the map was being play tested, but no one it seems wants to download the one meant for the final version of the map. Could people just not have noticed the link on the front page for some reason? I know its not the same for everyone, but Its just so much more fun for me to play with worlds that are already pre-populated and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who feels that way.
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    For me, a world feels incomplete without a population designed for it. So I do feel the same about populated worlds but from reading around this forum, it would appear that’s a minority opinion. Most people seem to have a library of pre-made sims they use to populate a town or they are satisfied with Nraas solutions to populate a town. Maybe that’s why? Sorry you’re having trouble getting people to test your town. I want to start CAW soon and this is one of my fears, especially since it will use CC.
  • Options
    WillskyWillsky Posts: 63 Member
    Looking really good! I just wish we could make our own worlds in Ts4
  • Options
    For me, a world feels incomplete without a population designed for it. So I do feel the same about populated worlds but from reading around this forum, it would appear that’s a minority opinion. Most people seem to have a library of pre-made sims they use to populate a town or they are satisfied with Nraas solutions to populate a town. Maybe that’s why? Sorry you’re having trouble getting people to test your town. I want to start CAW soon and this is one of my fears, especially since it will use CC.

Thanks. Its not so much test at this point through, but just play around with. Its already finished after all, I released the finale version. I'm just sad that more people haven't downloaded the saved game file that I created for it, especially since I worked so hard on it, and I am confident that lot of people would just love the sims that I created for the world.
  • Options
    Willsky wrote: »
    Looking really good! I just wish we could make our own worlds in Ts4

I feel the same way, especially since in that game, we wouldn't have to worry about including every single thing on a single map so that we could experience all of it. As it is, if you want Late Night or Showtime gameplay in Mystic Stone Bay, you're going to have to add or edit many of the lots.
  • Options
    Whenever I get around to CAW I’m going to do the prepopulated thing. Congrats btw. CAW is daunting so it isn’t a small feat to create a custom world
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @Satanu_Reeves

I would be pre-populating as well, except for the fact that I don't like to use mods, and from what I understand, even the mods that let you pre-populate worlds are pretty limited, for example, you can't include pets or occults of any kind, which would be reason enough that it wouldn't work for Mystic Stone Bay, since at least half of the sims I included in my saved game file are things like werewolves, and vampires.

Glad you like what I've done by the way. Are you one of the few people who downloaded and played around with my saved game file?
  • Options
    Naw, my game doesn’t meet the requirements. I was just poking around the forums and bumped into this thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Well than at this point, I'm glad at least a few other people have played with the saved game file that I created for it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top