Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystic Stone Bay - Update 12/29/2019 New Screenshots & why is no 1 playing with my saved game? PG 2

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    Personally, I never download the saved game files. I like creating and playing with my own families and I don't care anything about the supernatural life states.

You've also got to keep in mind that the amount of people looking for new worlds in TS3 is greatly reduced. Many of them have moved on to TS4.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    I'm fully aware of the fact that not as many people play Sims 3 nowadays. I'm still somewhat disappointed however, that so few people want to play with the Sims that I created. I guess I should be glad through that there are still a lot of people out there who have downloaded the world.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    @Satanu_Reeves

I would be pre-populating as well, except for the fact that I don't like to use mods, and from what I understand, even the mods that let you pre-populate worlds are pretty limited, for example, you can't include pets or occults of any kind, which would be reason enough that it wouldn't work for Mystic Stone Bay, since at least half of the sims I included in my saved game file are things like werewolves, and vampires.

IMO, it's a big mistake to not prepopulate worlds, and this is coming from a person who also doesn't like to use mods. Besides, the mods used for prepopulating worlds don't affect your game at all, because they're only needed to run in CAW, not the game itself.

And I thought sims could be made into occult sims using mods, or am I mistaken?

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    I want to be able to include both pets and occults in my worlds, and the last I checked Super Create A World still doesn't let you do that.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited January 2020
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    I want to be able to include both pets and occults in my worlds, and the last I checked Super Create A World still doesn't let you do that.

SuperCAW has nothing to do with populating worlds. It's done in EIG using NRAAS mods.

In any event, I tracked down the definitive tutorial on this, and it says you can safely import not all but some pets and occults: https://cawtool.fandom.com/wiki/CAW_Population:_Populating_Worlds_in_Create-a-World#Adding_Service_NPCs

So, dogs, cats, vampires and simbots are okay but not horses and the other occults.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Thanks @ts1depot for the tutorial, but I think I'll keep doing it the old fashioned way. Its not worth it to me to take a chance, if I can't even use it to include all of the pets and the occults, especially the NPC cemetery ghosts. I'm sorry I forgot to post this reply earlier, I really should have done so.
  • Options
    salfragglesalfraggle Posts: 3 New Member
    Can somebody explain where to put the extracted files so I have the sims households available the exchange only gives me the world with no households
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    salfraggle wrote: »
    Can somebody explain where to put the extracted files so I have the sims households available the exchange only gives me the world with no households

@salfraggle You have to put the saved game file in your saves folder, assuming your computer is like mine, it should be under "This PC / Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / Saves"

After you install the map and the saved game file, enter the Sims 3, load the saved game called "Mystic Stone Bay Story," and than before proceeding, save it under a new name, so that you won't overright the original saved game file and you will be able to come back to it, if you want to start a new game with the sims I created for the world.

Its on the first page. Sorry I thought I made it clear that you would need to download and install the saved game file if you wanted to encounter my sims. Here's another link to the saved game file, in case you missed the one on the first page.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qo0mbtpqxr6kxki/Mystic_Stone_Bay_Story.zip/file

It should work. Let me know if it doesn't for some reason.

Also, I really hope you like the households I created for the world. Please let me know what you think of them.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Options
    Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I have installed the ma of Mystic Stone Bay from the Exchange and there is a save in the EA/Sims 3 file called Mystic Stone Bay Story - is this now installed or what do I have to do with it as when I went to play the game there was only a Mystic Stone Bay world loaded and not the one that I re-named Mystic, and no people to be seen. Sorry if I seem thick but I haven't done this kind of thing before!!
  • Options
    @salfraggle You click the link in my previous reply to you, download the saved game file and put it where I told you to put it. You than have to load the saved game file in order to encounter the sims that I created for the world. You have to make sure that its in your "Saves folder" along with all your other saved games before you start up the Sims 3 again. Than when you enter the Sims 3 again, from the main menu, load the saved game file called "Mystic Stone Bay Story" and than save it as something else so that you will have a second saved game file and you will be able to go back to the original. I'm sorry, but what is it about that that is so hard to understand?

You have to load the "Mystic Stone Bay Story" saved game file instead of starting a new game. That is why after you load it, you have to save the game under a different name. Starting a brand new game will not load the saved game file.
  • Options
    thanks :smile: made the mistake of having the mystic stone bay from the exchange and story on the game fixed it looking forward to using the excellent households glad to see someone making the effort to populate a world properly with quality sims have found trying to get a populated world is like hens teeth!! am now going to repeat the process on my wife's computer hopefully more people will try the world with your households on now I have said how good they are thanks for all your help and for being so generous in sharing your hard work with the universe
  • Options
    You're Welcome @salfraggle! Hope you have fun with the world and the sims that I created for it!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Note that I just updated the text on the front page so that it would no longer be in past tense, since I'm thinking that that might have been confusing people, since the world is no longer a work in progress. I can't believe I didn't think about that earlier.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top