Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best of in Activity

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
edited September 2019 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Could you please make some way of ignoring threads for this which ended a year or more ago? Some of them I look up after seeing them on here and the last comment is made on 2017 and before. They are necroposts to me. The game has come a long way since 2017. You only have to look at the present ones up there which are anti Sims 4. Thank you

Of course you could always add a "Best of this Year"..........etc., etc and call the former Archive Best........

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Best of is compiled based on the number of likes, awesomes, and insightfuls. If someone goes back and reacts to an old post there is a possibility that post/thread will be pushed to the ' best of' catagory. Especially if the post already had a high number of reactions. Regardless of how old the thread is. There are currently several threads from 2016 in the 'best of' section. Maybe someone is just catching up on old threads. 😄
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    That's the trouble in a nutshell. Maybe likes etc. should be closed on threads not commented on for more than a year. MTS does give you a warning when you access an old comment and does it better.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks for the feedback @Simburian! I understand where you are coming from, but it's not possible (at least not as the system works now) to remove old posts from the 'Best of' page, which would allow the 'Best of this year'. @simgirl1010 explained how 'Best of' page works perfectly (thanks!), so not much to add there!

Locking old threads would avoid them to be highlighted in the 'Best of' page, but it's not something we would want to do at this point - it would have its advantages, I agree, specially around necroposting. But it has its disadvantages as well and while I totally get your concerns about necroposts, some discussions are timeless (like stories, for example), and we wouldn't want these to get locked automatically, or not allow reactions anymore.

Hope that makes sense! And again, thanks for your thoughts. It's very useful for us to know what you like or would like to see changed when we are discussing forum features or potential changes :)