Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella
    I'd forgotten about that too until I saw the title! Of course you had to do it, makes sense and makes for a potentially really funny theme to play out during the contest. :)

Love how a lot of Roger's family keeps hanging around. They're just curious naturally of how things are going for him. :)

I wish the pointy ears were available for all Sims to use, not just the occults. Maybe one day that'll be updated eh? *crosses fingers*

Ohhh, that's it! I knew there was a reason that look is so eye-catchingly stunning. :)

Aww, thanks! I had fun creating her and am very pleased with how she turned out. She was just randomized at first and then I tweaked the heck out of the random Sim used as a base until she ended up not looking much at all like she did originally. Thinking I might use her for my first Rags to Riches Sim in the new Eco Lifestyle EP. ;)

Ah, okay. I thought Tempy was part of the WW. lol

Yes, Violet is another shade of purple here and one of my favorites. I love all shades of purple though. It makes more sense those two would bond over loving purple. Definitely. :)

You're welcome! I can see how that would be tough to choose one yourself. If I ever did a challenge like this, I'd have to do the same thing. In fact, I'm wondering how I'm going to handle the Drifter House 07 which uses a contest exactly like this to pick the spouse of that House's heir. It'll take a lot of thought to figure out how to make it fair without using any mods. o.O

Current Chapter comments:
    First of all, I want to thank everyone who made comments about Maralyn and how you like her. You're all very sweet! I've read the entire chapter already, so I know she's been eliminated. I'm a little bummed, of course, but happy to hear she already has a family! Besides, I was just thrilled to enter at all since James won the last round and this heir is his Son. Speaking of Sons, my real Son James and DIL just welcomed a new Son this morning! I'm thrilled to have another little sweetheart to love and one day call me Grandmama! <3

Okay, now, about the rest of this chapter and the lovely ladies who are left vying for Roger's heart...

hehe Good try Violet! She looks so hopeful Roger will let her stay in that screenie! Pretty cheeky of her showing up like that. :D

Ugh, townies. You already know how I feel about them, so I'll leave it at that.

Hey Freddie! He is fabulous, work it dear! :) As for eyeball ring Dude? GO AWAY!

Congrats to Jolene and Regan on winning the group date! :)

Hi Pinky! Lovin' that handsome smile. You know, I think he kinda looks like his namesake Sim shown later on this chapter. At least a little? Maybe? *shrugs*

Yay for Sandy getting Freddie's autograph. I bet you sent her home right after eh? :D At least she got something for her troubles.

Hmm, well Regan, what if he wants you to bite him. Biting can be fun in certain situations. :p I think I might've said that before in another round.

Aw, poor Melina. First she gets kicked out of placeholder duties, now Freddie snubs her. Poor girl can't catch a break. :D We all understand, no worries about being distracted by your Queen Sims. I'm the same way whenever I see my Adam Lambert Sim out and about in my game. <3

Jolene and Roger would sure make an interesting pair eh? Mean and Sassy, has a certain ring to it. I've never used those glasses on any of my Sims. I need to do that, they look great on Jolene. :)

That screenie of the brothers contemplating taking over the world is perfect! Annnd, it amazes me that I never noticed before how square-jawed Roger is, they both are, but I think he's a bit more so. Why do I notice little details like that? :D

The notorious waterslide! Sims just love that thing in your game. Have you ever had anyone put soap in them for bubbles? I haven't yet, but screenshots I've seen look so funny how they walk around covered in them. :D

Kudos on getting all the ladies there for the party. They all look so pretty in their party wear or swimsuits. :)

I thought at first you were implying that Marquise woo hoo'ed with Tempy and I was thinking, what the...!? o.O But then realized you meant he tried to woo her to love him, D'oh! *smh* I see that word, 'woo' and my mind goes straight to woo hoo! :D

Hey! Maralyn and Brian kind of match with his red bowtie. So weird how Sims can talk through dividers. At least that one.

Smooth remark Roger about Regan offering to write you a poem...Not!

50 Shades of Gray? Uh, okaaaaay Brian, er, Pinky, yeah, your Pinky is showing.

Nice chat Roger had with that group of ladies. Daya standing right in the middle with that gorgeous outfit though caught my eye more than anything. I love dressing my redheads in the color teal, the combo is a perfect complement. :)

Jolene doesn't look the least bit sorry really, more defiant as implied. lol As a mean Sim, I bet Roger secretly admires her beastly qualities. Score another one for Jolene on top of the two other arguments. ;)

Tsk, Roger, Roger, Roger, you silly Brain. Well, maybe going to bed was the brainy thing to do? More like just showing your mean side by abandoning all those lovely ladies. I don't know. lol

Nope, Maralyn's not a bad***, she's just erratic sometimes. lol Oh well... que Sera Sera. *shrugs* It was fun while it lasted anyway. <3

Looking forward to the next chapter whenever that may be. :)
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MonaSolstraale I am crushed, too :/

@MaggieMarley
    I think I like all sims colors :D Alien, vampire and mermaid ones ^^ Not sure if spellcasters have their own colors, too. Just tell everyone you want colorful sims and you'll get a lot in the next casting ^^

It can drop a bit but not much. I think there must have been bad interactions that the relationships drop by more than 5 points. For me it was sometimes from 18 to 7 :joy:

You can tweak this rule for you ^^ Or do it the way you and afai explained it to me :p

As a German saying goes: My name is Rabbit and I know nothing :joy: A weird way to say I'm not gonna tell you the secret ^^

I started writing at around 3 pm but then my sister brought my niece to watch and we played outside so I had a long break before I finished writing it ^^

You're welcome to steal it ^^ It only works with odd numbers tho.

My mouth dropped when I saw she was at the bottom of the list. But this shows that I don't cheat. :) What better proof could you get? ^^

I have more time today so I might write another one today ;)

@VanPelt81
    Why more heated? ^^

@Karababy52
    That's one way to see it :D Or it looks like they're the worst stalkers of all time :p

Yes! I was so happy when I saw vampires have pointy ears. I thought they're thing now in general but nope...

Yes! Use Maralyn for your Rags to Riches Challenge! :love: She is soooo beautiful!

Well, you never know how women react. Some hate it to see the same dress on another woman, for example :D Maybe it's similar with colors?

I have no idea how you can handle it without a mod :o The bars are often not very different or sometimes look different than what they are in numbers... Maybe there's a cheat to show this, too?
    So sorry she had to leave. This shows that I do not cheat with the ranking and it broke my heart to see her at the bottom :/ Congratulations again on your new nooboo :love:<3

Pretty cheeky of me showing her like that, making you think she is one of the lucky two :p

Yeah, ugh, townies. No more words needed :D My Queen sims excluded, of course.

Freddie is perfection <3 I took a screenshot of him for a new avatar but it was too dark and I failed pretty hard at editing it :D So I went back to the one I still have.

That's true! Brian and Brian have some features in common :)

Nah Sandy didn't force herself in like Violet did so I let her stay around :)

From personal experience I can tell you most men - if not all - don't like being biten :D (I didn't bite anyone I just asked if it's something they think is hot).

Melina has it hard but at least MCCC already married her of. She can complain to her husband now :D

Every librarian - females only tho - wear these glasses so I have a hard time not making Jolene appear like a librarian :D

I waited some time to get this screenshot :p And yes, both have the square chin. It's from James ^^ Melina has a pointy chin, I think.

I totally forgot you could add soap! I will let them add soap next time. If not here then in my Paradise Lost challenge.

I was surprised they all showed up :) Maybe it was a short glitch with Tempy?

Hm, I might have the wrong idea of what "woo" means tho. In my world - yes, I have my own, jealous? :p - the word means vying for someone's heart/love/attention :D And woohoo is boom chicka woah whoa. Obviously :D

I didn't notice the color matching! Yeah, I thought about replacing the glass walls and maybe put some half-walls there instead... Would be less weird if they talked over the half-wall than through the glass :D

Once again, a sim's romantic side is influenced by my personal lack of romantic sense :D:D

"your Pinky is showing" coud mean something toooootally different, too :joy:

I had to look up the color as I've never heard of it :sweat_smile: One of the few moments where it's obvious English is not my mother tongue ^^ But you're right, I love to dress redhead sims in all shades of blue and green, too :)

If you look only at the bio, Jolene and Roger would be the perfect couple. Let's see if the game agrees ^^

Maybe he did them a favor as he seems to be rude to them during parties :D

She was erratic? :o She would have been a perfect match for Brian then... :bawling: Too bad she's already married and pregnant.

It might come today ^^ Not sure yet :p
  • Options
    And here it is! The new - super short - chapter :)

G5.D3: *Add Punny Title*
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    I love Jolene's profile with the pointed nose ... she looks like a mouse, which makes her more "Pinky" than Brian :joy:
    Exciting who won the date and group date .... and who should leave the competition next time :#
    NB: I have never heard purple symbolize a dissatisfied woman. I thought the color was a symbol of spirituality and creativity .... one becomes wiser throughout life ;)
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Queenarella
    I will have to mention that in a post then! I fear we may be stuck with Vlad's pasty white skin for the next gen but maybe the heir will get Caly's skin tone.

I may do it the way afai said next time (if I do it again). That would definitely be less cheaty!

Oh that's true... I'm so bad at maths! But still, great idea :)

I felt the same when I had to kick out Roland in only the second elimination of Vlad's bachelor challenge :(

Never heard it before but I love that saying!
    Great title (not being sarcastic btw, I love it :D

Ah the football challenge. I really wanted to do that in my bachelor challenge but I also wanted to do the don't wake the llama tournament, fishing, meeting Arthur Climate and the temple challenge... And that left no free spots for another challenge. I'll definitely do it next gen.

Can't wait to see how they all did! I have a suspicion Blue probably is not very good a physical activities :D
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    Thanks again about Maralyn! I'm so looking forward to the EL EP and playing with her. I've been trying to decide if I wanted to make a new Sim to play with that pack or use someone I already have. Decision's made now. :)

Touché! :D

I have no idea, but I'll find out. There's plenty of time though, I'll have two more houses to play before I get to that one. Who knows, maybe I'll break my own rule about waiting and download a mod. We'll see... ;)
    So am I, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. It's all good! :) Thanks again, can't wait to hold the little guy tomorrow! <3

That's exactly what I thought at first too. Clever girl! :p

I could try to edit it for you if you'd like? Send it to me in a PM and I'll see what I can do for you. I love the one you're using though too. Either way. :)

Out right biting, no, not fun or sexy. But little love nips are fun in my opinion. That's all I'll say, getting into dangerous territory here. :D

Good for Melina! So happy the marriage thing seems to be working just fine for this Gen. \o/

Oh yeah, that's right! It's not just the females though in my game, I've seen a few of the guys wearing those glasses too. Equal opportunity I guess eh? ;)

Cool, can't wait to see Sims in your game covered in bubbles! hehe Should be hilarious! :D

Oh I knew what you meant and yeah, it's the same meaning in my world too. You've probably heard the phrase, "he was pitching woo." Meaning trying to romance someone.

To be fair though, those are just dividers, they can still see and hear each other since the sound would travel over the top or around it. Up to you though if you'd rather use the half-walls. One note of caution though if you do, your Sims will probably start putting dishes on it. But, maybe you'd like that better than always on the coffee table. :D

Oh, opps, sorry! I keep forgetting since you write English so well! But anyway, yeah, both colors look great on redheads in my opinion.

Yep, she is. Ohhh! Gah! That would've been sweet getting those two together. Oh well, the fates have spoken. I'm sure Brian will find someone to love, just like his sister Melina did, and be very happy.

Current chapter comments:
    It's a soccer ball AND a football. Just depends on what part of the world you're from how it's named. :)

Jumpiing frog! :D I can see how you'd think that.

LOVE Kiley's outfit. She looks so chic! I'm getting a lot of great fashion ideas for my Sims from all these ladies. They're such sharp dressers!

Aww, man... so sweet of you to have Daya say that. *Hugs* <3 I agree, Daya's outfit looks like Office casual, very cool.

Barbie doesn't always wear pink though, especially modern day Barbie. ;)

I love those boots Jolene's wearing! I've tried using them for some of my female Sims outfits, but they always look too big on them. They look perfect on her though. Another great outfit. I tell ya, these ladies brought their A game when it comes to fashion. :)

Kiley looks more bored or bummed out than judgmental to me. Maybe she's thinking the ladies in this house have better form or something? I don't know. *shrugs*

Tempy looks fabulous! I mean look at her, no make-up and still gorgeous! :)

What!? That is NOT what purple means, at least here. I've never heard that before in my life. I've always heard that purple is for passion and considered a royal color. Did you just make that up for fun? :D

Excited to find out who won the competition! Great chapter! :)
  • Options
    @MonaSolstraale Yes, Jolene's nose is cute and unique :)

There are 9 left so it's not easy to say who'll leave :)

I think a color can mean many different things. Like red can mean love (roses and all that) but also anger :) (If I remember that correctly)

@MaggieMarley
    How many of his 100 babies didn't get his skin tone? With 100 you can easily say how high the percentage is that one of their kids won't get the grey skin ^^

Such a creative title, huh? :joy:

Since I've come up with it I use it in every generation. It's fast and easy and with the count of how long it took them to drop it it's perfect for a challenge :)

Who knows :p

@Karababy52
    Will you take screenshot of her in the challenge then? :) If so, feel free to post them here on the thread. Maralyn seems to be loved by almost all here so I guess no one would mind to see more of her :)

The relprint mod is a rather small mod imo and it doesn't really affect gameplay. It's more like an extra cheat code :) So if you can't find an alternative, you won't have problems using it for a short while :)

Thanks for the offer but I think I just keep the current one. It's better from his facial expression anyway ^^

Yes, dangerous territory for the flowers :D I'm surprised it didn't censor nips :joy:

Yes, I'm happy about it, too! I deleted so many townies and I was scared there would be a gen 3 issue second wave :# But apparently there's no more problem :)

Ok, the glasses are mousy nerdy cute on females but on males... not my taste :sweat_smile: If I saw a man wearing glasses like this I'd wonder why he wears his grandma's glasses :p Duh, I'm so rude.

I think I might do this in my Paradise Lost tho as the bachelor challenge is currently going through winter :D It would be interesting to see if the bubbles froze ON the sims tho :D

Nope, never heard that prhase :sweat_smile: I just no that many simmers use "to woo" in the game ^^

For some weird reason the coffee (I literally just typed cofefe :joy: ) in the bachelor mansion is safe. But the table where the tv is on gets plastered in dirty dishes -.- On the half wall I'd probably put that glass thingy so there's no place to put anything B) I'm so smart :joy:

Thank you ^^ I see it as a compliment :p I mean, I studied English, it MUST be close to perfect :sweat_smile: But for words like specific colors I am clueless. Nobody's perfect but I'm close. Just kidding :D

I played yesterday and I got the notification that Brian got married of to a girl named Elaine. On the tiny picture in the notification I can tell she is pretty :) After the bachelor challenge I'll update the family tree again and add her, too :) If I don't forget it by then, I'll post a picture of her here :)
    Nah it's a football because it's a round ball you kick with your foot :p The American version of a "football" is an egg you carry with your hands :D (Don't take this too serious, I honestly don't care lol)

Luckily my niece wasn't here when I played. She likes frog - her costume for carnival was a frog princess - and she sometimes jumps around and quacks. If she had done this around here I would have fallen off my chair from laughing ^^

So true! I sometimes steal fashion ideas from the contestants for other sims or from other simmers' pics, too ^^

But but but... The Barbie I grew up with was a pink doll. :p Just like Barbarella ^^

I have this problem with most of the boots in game. The bas egame ones are way too massive for my taste, unfortunately :/ That's why I mainly use the ones from Seasons :)

Half closed eyes and an uprising eyebrow is my judgmental expression :D That's why I thought Kiley judged someone ^^

If you consider she's close to elderhood then she rocks her look even more!

Nope, that's a fact :D It's less known but that's one meaning of the color purple :) As I said in the comment for Mona, colors can have different meanings :) Royal is new to me tho. At least it's not a royal color in the term of "old times" because back then it was red and blue because those colors were hardest to produce :)

• Options
    And here we have the next chapter!

G5.D4: Where Are the Ghosts?
  • Options
    Oh gosh I'm not sure how many of the 100 baby kids got Vlad's skin tone. I could count but... There are so many of them and I'm lazy :D
    It's so weird seeing a non-purple Regan! But the blue suits her too :)
    Jolene was pulled down by the weight of her two "arguments" - that's why she fell ;)
    I don't know what it is about Jolene but she is fast becoming one of my favoutites.
    Poor Anywn seemed a bit shocked. Roger wasn't overy tactful (again, love his attitude) :D
    I was right that Blue would be bad at football lol. Maybe they don't have football on sixam haha. Wow Jolene did amazing!
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    I have no life and looked at your thread :D

These have not Vlad's skin tone: 2 4 5 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 22 23 27 28 (30 31 --> aliens, disugise is Vlad's skin) 32 36 37 41 42 44 49 50 56 61 62 64 68 69 71 72 81 87 91 92 93 95 99 100 102

Without the bot twins you have 100 and that would make a chance of getting Caly's skin 39/100. Not too bad :D

I had to look twice to recognize Regan :D I was like, wait, pink eyebrows? Who dat? OOOOH! Regan :D

You should have heard the "donk" when the ball hit her head :joy: I thought she died lol

Jolene is different I'd say. That makes her funny and I can see that also making her a favorite :) I try real hard not to have a favorite...

I thought as a mean sim Roger wouldn't be too nice sending a contestant home. It might get worse over time :p

She didn't have 4! 96 was sooooo much! They finally fixed the bug where a sim could kick a ball for hours and had 0. Now the time they kick equals the score.
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    Sure, I'd love to share what's up with Maralyn when the pack comes out if everyone doesn't mind? I take a TON of screenshots of all my gameplay even though I don't share many. :)

I'll definitely think about using it if I can't find an in-game alternative. Thanks! :)

lol I think they actually look kind of nerdy cute on the males too. But not all of them. Depends on their personality and physical characteristics.

Hmm, I don't know if the bubbles would freeze or not. Be cool if they did though! :D

Ohhh, that's right! The glass or fence piece is a perfect idea! Good thinking! :)

You're welcome! I think your English is very close to perfect. I admit it throws me off a bit when you say 'safe' file instead of 'save' file though. But that's minor. :)

Great! I have an Aunt Elaine in real life and that was my Mom's middle name. :D
    Wellll, the 'egg' football is also kicked for a field goal, extra points and during the kick off. It's not just carried in their hands. But yeah, not that big of a deal. ;)

LMAO! That's hilarious! She quacks? Like a duck? I think frogs croak don't they? :D She sounds adorable!

Mine wasn't and neither were the Barbies my girls had, but yeah, the pink is normally an iconic color for them.

I LOVE those boots that came with Seasons and the boots that came with DU too. Some of the Vampire boots are cool too. I like the ROM boots for males though, just not females, they look odd on them and way too big.

Colors have lots of different meanings so I'm not disputing that at all. Just saying I've never heard the color purple described as worn by an unsatisfied woman. :D

Current Chapter:
    Fabulous screenshot of Freddie and I love that jacket! My Adam Lambert Sim wears it in my game too! :)

Congrats to April! \o/ Brian's new wife is very pretty! Hi James and Tempy! Sheesh you weren't kidding when you said family members constantly stalk Roger. :D So many familiar Sims wandering around lately. Not complaining at all, love seeing them. :)

Love that firepit in Brindleton Bay, shame you can't do anything with it.

Soooo sorry for laughing, but that screenshot of Jolene doing a faceplant in the lane is hilarious! :D

Brian looks good as an astronaut and perfect costume for Roger! hehe

AHHHH! Go away Vlad, take your broken girlfriend home and stay there! So creepy...

Daya! Tsk, come on! Roger is much more swoon worthy than that guy. Bleh... Silly woman. Must be the red shoes because he's certainly not handsome IMO. :D

Isn't Regan normally purple? So that costume changes a Sims color? I had no idea since I never use it. I know it's from Stars Wars (I think) but have no idea what it's supposed to be. Oh, it's an avatar costume? What's that?

What was Jolene's costume?

Aw, sorry to see Anwyn go @Irishsong She will be missed.

Excited to find out what you've got up your sleeve next! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    Just post it in a spoiler and whoever doesn't want to see them can close the spoiler and move on :p

Nah, I just can't see the glasses on a guy and think "nice" :D

I doubt the bubbles would freeze tho... But you're right. It would be so cool :D

The few times I use half walls I always put that glass piece on it. I think it's even in the kitchen of the legacy house ^^

Haha, I'm never sure if it's "safe" or "save" and as I always use "safe" I sticked to it ^^ I can say save now as I know now that it's spelled with a "v" :)

The only time I heard the name Elaine was that super short time I watched Seinfeld during a commercial on another channel :D There's this woman called Elaine, I think? She annoyed me even more than Seinfeld himself. But that small man with the half-bald head was the worst. Followed by that chaotic neighbor. Uh, so many people on a show that made my eye twitch :joy:
    You're not allowed to touch the football with your hand at all expect you're the goal keeper :p

I have no idea. In German we say a frog quacks :joy: It can be different in English tho as it's usually different :joy: Yes, she's adorable :)

I didn't get many Barbies as I always cut their hair ofs minutes after unpacking :joy: But the few I had wore pink :p

Oh yeah, the boots from DU are awesome too! But I don't see them as full boots as they stop at the ankle :p But they're still awesome ^^
    The ROM boots only go along with a gothic kinda style with women. I think I gave Cam one pair of the ROM boots ^^

I guess it's not as common but I've heard it before ^^ And since that day I haven't worn a single purple piece of clothing :joy:
    Freddie always has that celebrity sass expression on his face :D Love him so much!

I think deleting most of the townies made the familiar faces wander around on public lots when my sims are out :) But there are many new townies by now...

Yes, it's so big and you could at least stoke the fire a bit with a stick or something. But nope...

It's one of the best screenshots :D:D The ball in the air :D

Roger looked like a child dressing up for a costume party. Well, it was one but you know what I mean :D He's childish and kinda looks happy like a child.

We haven't seen Vlad around in a while tho. He seriously stopped coming over after Sophie moved out B)

I have no idea why Daya swooned over this townie. He's a nobody compared to Roger :p

Yes, Regan is purple :) I think it's a Star Wars costume and the real character is blue so the costume makes your sim blue, too :) I still think it looks a lot like an avatar tho :p You don't know the movie avatar? The one where humans find a new planet and there are those huge blue "aliens" some scientists want to get to know better ^^ The main character is a guy in a wheelchair and with a special machine they transport their mind into one of the avatars and he can walk again and he falls in love with one of the avatars and war and blablabla :D The first 3D movie in the history of cinematic movies :)

I've seen this costume many times before but I'm not sure what it's meant to be... Maybe some Star Wars uniform? No clue at all :sweat_smile:

I guess the next chapter will come on Monday. I want to try to build a new house during the weekend, again :D I took like 500 screenshots of houses yesterday and maybe I'll be happy with the outcome this time :)
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Oh jeez, I hadn't noticed this started! I gotta catchup!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    Alrighty, I'll do that then. Thanks! :)

This is one topic we're never going to agree on since I absolutely love Seinfeld. Anyway, you're right one of the character names is Elaine. :)

Ah, that's right, Cam has those boots and they do look great on her. I love her outfit! :)
    So does Adam, and that celebrity walk. I don't like that he does that walk, it's not 'him' if you know what I mean. I can't change it though since he's a 'townie' in my game. I might play him just long enough to turn that off at some point though, can't stand it!

You're probably right. I think that's why I keep getting premades as co-workers for my Drifter at the Science lab too. Oh well, I kind of like it that way. I probably wouldn't see these Sims much otherwise since my Drifters don't go out much. :D

Yes, I know what you mean about Roger and that outfit. He looked thrilled to be wearing it. :)

Wouldn't bother me if he never came around again. :D Although, I'm kinda getting used to his 'normal' form by reading Maggie's Legacy for him and Caly. If he came around looking like that, it would be cool, but he's always in that creepy dark form. *shivers*

Aha! I knew she was purple! Yep, I know and love the movie Avatar, watched it a couple times. :) My mind was thinking avatar as in avys people use to represent themselves on forums for some reason so I was confused. :D D'oh!

Oh cool, good luck building this weekend. I hope it turns out the way you want this time. Have a good weekend! <3
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Aw, so much for catching up, my odds were not in my favor.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    @Irishsong I totally missed to tag everyone this time. Sorry!

You can still read the challenge without your sim if you want to :)

@Karababy52
    Watching even a bit of Seinfeld stressed me out so much. The characters need to calm down :joy:

Cam has the advantage of a "goth style" tho :) It's hard to use the boots in more "casual" styles.

You can't turn off the celebrity walk on townies? I thought I've once been able to disable it for Judith Ward and I've never played her :sweat_smile: Might confuse it with something else tho... And I agree, the walk looks weird. Maybe an old-fashioned diva would walk like this but 99% of celebrities today don't walk like this.

It's so much cooler when premades get in places of jobs, vendors or stuff like this than just random townies. Even if it bothers me to see Vlad in every stall around my legacy sims, it's still better than a random townie... :D

In my save he's always in his dark form, too! And that looks super creepy lol Still, when it came to deleting a lot of townies I couldn't delete Vlad. He just has to stay... He's Kevin's father, after all :D

Haha, I can see the confusion ^^ It took me forever to understand that people mean the profile picture when they talk about avatar :joy: Yes, Regan is purple with pink hair and shiny yellow vampire eyes :) She's so cool!

I made the perfect plan for a house in a different save and I'm happy with it. I wanted to build it on the legacy lot - I'm scared if I build it somehwere else and plop it down from the gallery that I might lose stuff like my ghosts or pictures and plaques - but I noticed a little problem. It would be extremely complicated for me to get the exact money the household has left after building. I gave Roger 150K for the bachelor house and I wrote down the exact money they've had before this part. But when I bulldoze the current lot and build a new one, this number won't be correct anymore.

My solution: I played through the bachelor part yesterday :D And everyone's back on the legacy lot - the new spouse included. And after I send this comment I will build the new house B) And I will also upload the 3 oldest siblings as you asked me in the PM :) Maybe I'll even add the twins, too!

Have a nice day <3
  • Options
    DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    Wow - ambitious.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Queenarella
    I think it's their celebrity shine you can turn off, but not the walk. I'll check it out when I play in a little bit. That walk is ridiculous in my opinion. It makes them all look so snobby as if they're thinking, "Look at me, I'm better than you and my poop don't stink either!" :D Maybe the Sim celebrities are like that, but not all real life celebrities are, Adam certainly isn't.

I love seeing my own Sims in NPC jobs around the worlds, makes me smile. So yep, it's cool Vlad is a vendor in your game and good point about Kevin. If only he'd appear in his normal form though. :D

She's a very beautiful Sim, all the contestants are, as always. :)

Ah, I can see how that would've been a problem. Great solution you came up with. So you know who won and everything already? Wow! Must've had one doozy of a marathon playing session! Can't wait to see what the new house looks like and find out who won later on. Thanks so much for uploading all the Gen 5 siblings! I'll look for them when I go play later.

Have a great week! <3
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Very Strange to see Jolene has the highest score at the moment.
  • Options
    @DCJ504 Haha, thank you ^^

@Karababy52
    Hm, I thought it's two things you can turn off. But I might mistaken it with the time Veronica was a 5-star celebrity and I turned off the walk asap :D It feels like this walk was specifically made for celebrities like Judith Ward. And she's a total diva imo :) But for the rest it just doesn't look right.

It's so weird that Vlad is in his dark form as a vendor. Maybe it's a weird glitch? Hm, I think I've never had my own sims in an NPC position but other townies :)

So true! :)

Yes I know the winner and it's hard not spoilering anything. I still have to write all the chapters up to the finale and I really need to be careful not to make it obvious. :#

It'll take some time until I finish the house. I don't have an excuse - lack of money - this time to leave some parts unfinished... And it took me a whole hour yesterday to pick the furniture for the living room AND how to place them :joy: By the way, when I bulldozed the old lot (saved all the irreplaceable stuff in the family inventory) the family had over 1.1 million cash B)

You're welcome :)

Have a great week, too! <3

@VanPelt81 That score is not the relationship ranking but how many times she kicked the football without dropping it :)
  • Options
    And the next (short) chapter is here! I guess you can expect a new chapter every day now as I've played through already :) They all only need to be written and posted now :)

G5.D5: Gambling Women
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yay a chaper every day!!!
    Haha you actually counted :D must've taken a while! Those odds aren't too bad, at the time it felt as though 90% of the 100 babies got Vlad's pasty white skin lol
    Wait... They can play cards?! :o what pack did that come from? It's a shame you can't use it for a challenge but oh well Don't Wake the Llama is traditional at this point!

Can't wait to see who won the dates :) (I assume that's what they win haha)
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    I was a bit busy downloading your lovely Sims and didn't get a chance to see if I could turn that walk off, but I agree that it was tailor made for Judith. She IS a Diva and it totally suits her. Same with ol' Thorny, suits him too. I still think they're both snobs though. :D

I'm sure you'll be careful and not spoil the surprise. This isn't your first rodeo, you've been good so far at not spoiling anything. Unless it's totally obvious no matter what's shown. That's not your fault though. Sometimes it just happens that way, the heart wants what the heart wants. :)

You sound just like me when I'm furnishing, takes forever! I used to work on the landscaping first and then do the inside, but the last dozen or so houses I've built I did the inside first. Whoa! 1.1 million buckeroos is a lot of cheese! :D

Current Chapter:
    Oh cool, a card game! I love playing cards but don't get much of a chance lately. Hubby really doesn't care much for it, so the only time I get to play is when we visit the kids and we all gang up on him and talk him into it. :D Very rare it works though, he's stubborn.

Gah! There's no winner when playing cards? Well that bites! Oh well, I like Don't Wake the Llama too. Especially when somebody gets upset and blows up everything. So funny, looks like a mini nuclear explosion. :D

HAHA "I pulled out a stick without making the cow drop." Blue is hilarious! :D

Whenever I've played Jenga I'm usually the one that holds my arm trying to keep it steady while holding my breath. Then end up jarring the table when I let out my breath and push back from the table, knocking it down. o.O Opps! Being tipsy wouldn't help either. :D

So funny how Regan is giving April the evil side-eye in that one screenie!

And there's our handsome guys back in the lap of luxury. :)

So curious what the winners will receive. Guessing solo and group dates per usual. ;) Have a great rest of your afternoon! <3
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey everyone! I've been following along on the challenge and it's been great so far.
    I really wish that the playing cards had a winner/loser... it's pretty bizarre cause I can't think of any card game in real life that doesn't have some sort of victory condition.
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley I knew you'd like that ^^
    I think there are more grey babies around the end so that might give the impression there were more grey babies ^^ And nope, didn't take too long. You have those pics in a thread :p

You can click on the Don't Wake the Llama table and change the setting to card game and the vice versa :D It was so frustrating when the four women sat there like "and now?" and there was no moodlet or anything -.- I wanted something new but nope. No option for a challenge :D

Haha, of course they win dates :D What else could they win? ^^

@Karababy52
    No matter what Thorne and Judith are, I can't stand either :joy: Tho I get a bit of Mrs Crumblebottom vibes from Judith as she acts pretty angry at everyone for no reason :joy:

"The heart wants what the heart wants" describes one thing in the bachelor challenge so well. I thought Roger had a favorite woman. He had whims for her and all and I had to stop him from being mean to her the least times of all women :joy: But at some point at the rose ceremony she was really far behind with the relationship points :/ It was a shock to me... I already saw her winning the challenge - without me influencing the whole thing of course. Well, the heart wants what the heart wants. And it was not this sim.

I usually don't take this long. I do take my time to choose the furniture I feel the current sims would get and the colors should look nice together (I thought about making the walls dark blue and use orange sofas :D It was kinda cool but the longer I looked at it the more it hurt my eyes :joy: ) So far I only have this complete: kitchen, living room, master bedroom, office (same as in old house as I love the concept :D ), crypt (tons of marble to honor them <3 ) and the green house. No decoration at all tho. I might do a walkthrough of the new house this time. Maybe not in a chapter but here in a spoiler :) I'm sooo curious what you all think of the kitchen colors :# I kinda love it but I'm not sure if I'll still like it next generation :/
    I love card games, too! Or board games :) It's a pity some people just refuse to play the games. You get to spend time together and have fun :)

I've only had the explosion once since the game came out and that was last generation :D I don't know who caused it tho.

Blue is one of the many women in this challenge that are so lovely to play! I recommend downloading her ^^

Haha, it's good to hear I'm not the only one who fails at Jenga :D It's a fun game but my hands start to shake when I have to to little detail work with them...

Is it an side-eye tho? I thought this at first, too, but then I looked closer and it could also be that her eyes look forward :D That's why I didn't mention the side-eye in the story.

Pinky and the Brain are back B)

I'm not that creative with the winning stuff :D So yes, solo and group date as every time :joy: Have a great day <3

@TheYayToast Don't worry, I know you follow it as you tell me about it on Instagram :p
    It is soooo weird! I think I even clicked challenge [sim name] to a game of cards. No winner. I don't even know what kind of card game this should be :joy:

I'm going to write today's chapter now :)