Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    New chapter! :love:

Chapter 6.11
    I'll try to get the next one out this week, too. Probably Friday or Saturday. Because then the heir/ess poll can start :)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Can't believe the kiddos are almost grown up!

And who will it be?

I have a fav...but I might change my mind!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella
    Her name is actually Millie Bobby Brown (I had to look it up) and she was the event coordinator for the Positivity challenge back in late November early December 2018. Here's a link for more info. if you care to check it out. :)Introducing The sims 4 Positivity Challenge with Millie Bobby Brown Don't ask me exactly who this person is though, I have no idea! :D

I'm guessing the game did that. I notice if my Sims go to the gym or start jogging, more Sims start jogging around their neighborhood. Also, if my Sims have kids, the game generates more kids, etc.

I discovered something interesting. I started a new save using a completely Maxis beginning, not my custom template save. Within the first couple days, Vlad broke in a locked door to snack on my new Sim. I also got a pop-up from him I've never seen before. Something about being full, but he'd be back again for another Midnight snack. :D I haven't had a break in by any vampire in years! I wonder if long played or custom saves have something to do with why vampires aren't breaking in much anymore.

I very, very rarely check out my Sims to see what they'll look like when they're older. I don't know why, I guess I just love surprises. :p

I'm glad there are so many piercing options now for those that love them. I use the nose gem now and then, but that's pretty much it. I've tried to use the eyebrow ring, but it never lines up correctly, it's always way above or below their eyebrows. As for the septum one? I can't stand the look of it on people in real life so I'll never put one on my Sims. Just my opinion, but it makes me think of the rings you see on bulls used to lead them around. Maybe because I grew up on a farm? :D
    That's a great reason, fits perfect with her career/personality. Loved it! <3

Yep, I usually send my Sims to take a shower when that happens, but when I was playing the Free Will Experience challenge, I couldn't control my Sims. One of my Sims in that got hit by lightening, she didn't shower before going to bed and woke up the next day clean.

Hmm, are you sure? Didn't look like a shadow to me, he looked burnt. I'll have to take a closer look, but I'm pretty sure he was actually burnt by Perla. :)

That is weird! I guess you really can't judge a Sim's look until they're at least a teen eh? But even then, they can change a lot when aging to YA too. Happened to Sophie, remember? :)

Oh cool! Three! I bet the third one will be gorgeous too. :)

Current Chapter:
    I love the cute imagination animations toddlers/children get when playing with toys too. Even Eddy would get those when he played with his dollhouse since he was childish. :)

Hi Lily! Don't be so mean Mark! Sheesh! I don't even think she's big either. She looks healthy to me. :)

Glad you figured out the ghost cats stuck in the crypt situation!

o.O That outfit on Brianna...it's...I don't know what it is! :D

Is Lonnie an elder now? Judging by the pink hair I'm guessing yes he is. Still...he looks gorgeous to me anyway. :)

Oh wow! Mark turned out to be a very cute teen! I can see both Rose & Perla in him, yep. Not too fond of that hair though, looks like he's losing his hair already with that receding hairline, more like an adult hairstyle rather than teen. o.O I guess that's not too uncommon though? Right?

:D Rose knitting on the toilet, obsess much? I've heard this can happen to Sims with full autonomy if you leave a knitting basket in their inventory. They'll knit anywhere and start projects constantly, but never finish them unless you tell them to.

Perla looks exactly the same! And neat Sims are the absolute best! A bit obsessed though. :D Has he tried to clean a desk with someone using a computer on it yet? The dirty looks they get from doing that and the crazy obsessed faces they themselves make are priceless! :D

Beautiful shot of Perla and Mabel star/cloud gazing. I see Miss Mabel is obsessed with beauty now eh? ;)

Oh no! Please MCCC, don't let Lily die alone! :o

Aww, man, poor Oliana. She's had a rough life eh? Bummer MCCC gets it wrong sometimes. I think in a case like this, I would've interfered to fix the problem even if it is against the rules. It's a glitch, it's fair in my opinion to fix stuff the game does through no fault on your part. Oh well...

Great chapter! Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

Have a fun rest of your week! <3
    @pammiechick
    They grow up so fast! I'll try my best to get some time to play tomorrow (or today) and publish the next chapter tomorrow. Mabel will be a teen then, too. :p

I used to have a favorite, then I had no favorite and now I think I have a favorite again. I guess it's quite obvious from the chapters :|

@Karababy52
    That name rings a bell but if I didn't know you're talking about the sims I'd assume that's an actress. Isn't there an actress with a similar name? I swear I read that name in a headline on Facebook some days ago. Or I'm losing my mind :) Both equally likely lol Ok, I googled the name and checked out your link. There's an actress with that name AND she looks a lot like the sim in the photo from the link :D Too tired to read it...

It makes sense to have more kids in the save when your sim has a kid. There was a time when the Social Butterfly aspiration was super hard because there were no or almost no kids in the game! That was the pre-MCCC era for me :joy:

I had a similar experience. Usually, in a new save Vlad breaks in during the second night or so. But he seems to not get passed my legacy sims' front door anymore.

I'm just too curious and impatient to not check them out :joy: I shouldn't do this (might even be against the rules :# ) but I can't help. Like with Mabel I thought "oh no..." and now I'm like "oh yes!" :D The only time I didn't check on the sims as teens/young adults was generation 3 but only because I was too busy with 10 kids :D

As someone who has piercings (only in my ears) there are many piercings left to add. Yeah, the eyebrow piercings are a total fail... I've never had a sim who got the piercing where it should be. I think of bulls when I see a septum, too :D When I got my first piercing - I announced it to my parents - my dad said "why don't you get a nose piercing like a bull so I can pull you around when you're stubborn again?" :D:D
    And Perla has some rocking outfits herself. So she can judge the townies :p

That sounds like a bug tho. A welcome bug :joy:

Nah there was a fail reaction and the spell kinda looked... like a fail too :D

Yeah there can change so much! Most of my legacy teens are super slim (girls mainly) and then they grow up with rocking curves :p And Sophie was a weird example :D She had boobs under her chin and something else was weird... As a young adult it changed to a more realistic look ^^

I bet so, too! And afai was afraid the genes might turn out a bit weird :D
    Elders also get them on the rocking chair! Remember ghost Tempy getting them? :)

Mark still needs to learn to be a gentleman like his namesake :D Lily looks lovely. Tho she has a bit of a resting b face imo :sweat_smile:

They go upstairs now :) And there's no poop in the crypt anymore :p

No, Lonnie is an adult :) I think his hair would be grey and not pink. He's always had pink/purple hair :) He was crying in the photo but no idea why :/

I usually don't like the hair either but it kinda suits him imo :sweat_smile: Maybe I'll make him go bald over time :p My mom told me her cousin was half-bald at the age of 16 :# So some men are really unlucky. But imo bald men look great, too. It's just a thing of getting used to the look :)

I wish this was still the case. Last Saturday I played and she got the bug that she couldn't knit at all... Always that annoying wave like she's stuck -.- I hope that'll be gone when I play again next time.

I only know the face they make cleaning the desk not the annoyed sim sitting at the desk :D I need to check this out some time :p

I guess I just made Mabel obsessed with beauty because I know what she'll look like as a teen ;):p

Don't worry, she's got a husband by now. Took pretty long tho! She's an adult by now.

Oliana really got bad luck in her life :/ Maybe she's cursed from being second in the bachelorette challenge? I would fix it if it didn't take forever to do so :#

There might be a new chapter tomorrow :) I still need some more screenshots but I only need to finish preparing my lesson for Monday today and the next one is on Friday and half finished, so I should have time to play tomorrow :p

Have a nice weekend! <3
    edited October 2020
    I have the new chapter for you NOW B)

Chapter 6.12

And a surprise:
    @Queenarella
    Yeah, the Sim is a representation of that actress I guess.

It does make sense. I just don't like how TONS of townie families are created every single time my Sims visit a park. It's ridiculous!

Understandable, you had your hands full!

Ah, so I'm not the only one that feels like this about septum piercings. I have pierced ears too, but that's it.

I've noticed for males, their voices change too.

Yes, I remember now that you mention it. Very cool!

Mark will hopefully once he matures. Lily kind of does, yeah, but she looks more bored than anything to me.

I don't know what made me think he was an elder, you're right.

It does suit him. Hubby's almost bald and I still think he's incredibly sexy so you're right again. I knew someone at work who's hair turned white when he was 18.

Hopefully next time she'll be able to knit again.

Oh good, glad she has a husband now! Great news! :)

Current Chapter:

For some reason the link you gave for this chapter only goes to my Wordpress, I can't read this chapter. :( The poll link works, but I probably shouldn't vote until I can read the chapter. Bummer...

Have a good one. <3
    Thank you so much @afai1261 <3

Current comments:
    That first screenshot IS perfection! Perfect depiction of teen angst against parental disapproval. :D

Aww, pretty little pout on Mabel's face. Why did Roger have to put that there? Grumpbutt indeed.

Do they woohoo autonomously? I guess some Sims do in other Simmers' games. Never happened in mine. Well, except for the Goths and Landgraabs going at it in dumpsters. o.O Rich people are so weird sometimes, eh?

James!! Haven't seen him in awhile. Figures he'd be on the waterslide. :D

Ugh, I hope the Lady of the Knits bug was fixed for you. I think I read somewhere that's a bug for everyone or a lot of Simmers anyway.

Did Mark get the Silver party designation he needed for the Master Chef aspiration? Mabel looks adorable blowing out the candles, her eyes!

Wow! Mabel really is very stunning! She has a tooth gap too? That's fabulous. Love those big, black eyes and the full lips, square jaw, and the freckles too. Guessing her pointy ears don't show up in CAS but do in live mode? I wonder why the septum looks so...squashed like that. Weird.

It's so funny seeing Griffin pregnant, or any male Sims for that matter! :D Did he have all three of their kids?

Thanks for the clarification screenshot of Lonnie! Even as an elder, he's still gorgeous! Of course. :)

You sold your Gold Mine! o.O Never thought that would ever happen, but it makes sense since you don't need the simoleans anymore.

Great chapter. Off to go vote in the poll! :)
    @Karababy52
    I've never seen the sim in my game tho :D

I went on a townie deleting rampage yesterday in the game :D The only sims left are my legacy sims, their relatives (only the "famous" ones, not their thousands of offsprings I didn't recognize), the ladies from the bachelorette and my Queen sims :p It felt sooo good. I've wanted to do this for a long while now but I had to wait until Lily got married.

I've once seen someone with a septum piercing where the ring was HUGE :D I could only think about a bull's ring :joy:

Interesting! I should pay more attention to voices in the game :)

Lonnie's an elder now :p

White? :o I have a few grey hair that I plug once in a while but I'm approaching 30 :sweat_smile:

I found a solution for it online. She has to sit down and then I can make her knit.

A baby now, too :)

Good thing @afai1261 could help you :) Weird the link directed you to your own site. I just tried it and it works for me :sweat_smile:
    Mark's face is just hilarious :D

There's easier things in the world than understanding why Roger does stuff, like quantum physics :joy:

I make them woohoo ^^ But yesterday in game, they woohooed on free will. That was a first for me, too. Lol The rich sims are super weird :joy:

I have to admit it might have been my mistake he didn't show up for a long time. I haven't checked the urns in a while and 4 of them needed strengthening (there would be a notification before they're culled but still, dangerous!). I only found out something's wrong as only one ghost and one cat showed up each night. Or no ghost at all. There are so many ghosts now that there are always 3 out each night.

It's still there but I found a solution (mentioned it above ^^).

Yes, it was the silver party aspiration goal :D I only invited Lily tho.

Yes, tooth gap and freckles and pointy ears and black eyes and all the beautiful facial features :love: The pointy ears did show up in CAS but you can't see them from the front as the ears are pointing to the back and not upwards like Mark's ears :) The ears only don't show up with toddlers and kids it seems.

The septum looks soooo weird but it made me laugh :D Maybe her nose is super slim (tho it doesn't look like it)?

One of the funniest images in the game: male pregnancies :joy: No, Griffin had two kids and Terence had one kid :) I like how they "shared" this part :D

Lonnie is still handsome as an elder! But I can spoiler you a bit: I found two sims we know who look bad as elders ;) Will be part of the next chapter.

I'm still at shock I actually did that. But the gold mine needed so much time every day that wasn't worth the effort anymore. I have my final money point so bye, goldmine :D

I will probably close the vote soon and open the casting :) One more week and I have a week of holidays so I might have time to play ahead a bit ;):D

Have a nice Sunday <3

@Queenarella
    I actually haven't either. She probably only shows up if you had done that Personality special event thing. Then maybe she sticks around and is immortal? I just read that she's immortal anyway.

Wouldn't it be nice if after you go on a deleting spree like that no other townies will show up in your game again? Unfortunately, I get townies made by the game every single time I open the game! Especially if my Sims travel anywhere then it's a massive flood of them. Gah! I deleted at least 50 of them just last night. o.O

LOL I can only imagine. Speaking of HUGE though, those ear plugs are freakin' massive too! I doubt I'll ever be using those either.

I'm a couple years away from 60 and I just found my first white hair. It was in one of my eyebrows! Plucked that sucker so fast make your head spin! lol

Yay! A baby too! Things are looking up for Sophie now, thank goodness! <3

I just tried it again and it still won't go to that chapter. Also, I noticed WordPress thinks it's Chapter 6.11 for some reason. At least that's how it shows on my computer. Very weird!
    I love his face! It's kind of spooky/terrifying at times though with those red eyes, but I still love it. He's a great looking Sim. :)

hehe Very true about Roger, but that's just what makes him so interesting! He's never been a boring Sim, that's for sure!

You're so lucky, I wish my Sims would woohoo autonomously. Oh well, maybe some day.

Glad you checked and glad there's a warning before it happens at least. I'd be so angry if they were just culled without any way to stop it if you wished to keep the ghost.

Ohhhh, for some reason I thought she had the same ears as Mark. That explains it. She is so beautiful and extremely cute at the same time.

It doesn't look like it on the outside, no, but maybe the nostrils are small? Have no idea.

That's so sweet they shared the pregnancies. It was funny enough seeing Griffin preggers, I can just imagine how funny it would've been to see Terence preggers too.

*gasp* Is the world ending? Two known Sims that aren't good looking as elders in YOUR game? 2020 just gets weirder every day eh? ;)

I figured all the work it needed to take care of those was a big factor in why you deleted it besides not needing the simoleans. At least you didn't have as many as Maggie does in her Legacy. o.O Good thing Vlad has a club to help harvest.

Looks like 'soon' came before I could reply here. Excellent! I'll have to get to work on making a Sim for the contest! I'm so excited for it! Especially since you're asking for a male this time. Maybe my guy will actually have a chance. My ladies haven't done very well. LOL It's okay though. Winning is fun, like icing on the cake, but it's just as much fun only making a Sim and watching them compete. Besides, I'll always have James in your Legacy. So if none of my Sims ever win again, I'll forever be extremely pleased and happy about that. <3:)<3

Have a great upcoming week! <3
    @Karababy52
    Well, she probably didn't survive one of my many townie deleting rampages :sweat_smile:

I used to have a mod who promised to make this happen... Didn't work :bawling: That's utopic :'(

I don't like ear plugs in real life so my sims will never ever get them. :s

Gah, you're so lucky it took you so long to grow grey hair :p I'm too young to have them yet... But my body thinks differently -.-

You mean Lily? ^^

Wordpress can be super weird sometimes. Like I've had the bug that I can't like a chapter at the end of a chapter page. I have to do this via the reader list...
    The gap between his nose and lips is a tad too big imo but that's what beards are for :p

It's true, the sims that "annoy" us the most are never boring. Just think about Amy :D

It's been the first and only time since the base game came out tho :D

I get a lot of warnings lately for all of Rose's cat friends... I hope this won't make me miss a culling from a legacy sim but I usually check it every once in a while.

I thought so, too. But Mark has ears pointing upwards and Mabel has ears pointing backwards :) Took me a while to notice that :D

No idea either. Anyway, the septum looks horrible :D

I didn't see Terence waddle by the house or I'd taken a pic of him, too ^^

Well, it might be a "mood" thing tho :D One of them was all goofy walking like dazed and the other one... Maybe it was the clothes :D

The club for gardening is a genius idea! If I should start another legacy (we've talked about this in PM) I will steal this idea :D

So true! Your guys stay way longer - or even win, James - than the ladies. Maybe you're lucky this time :)

Have a great week, too! <3
    @Queenarella
    I could've done the same when I created the custom template that I use for every new game save too and just don't remember doing it. That's probably why I never have seen her. :D

Darn, too bad it didn't work! If I used Mods, that's one I'd download in a heartbeat if it worked.

I'm incredibly lucky! But, I've been coloring my hair for years, so who knows, maybe I have more, but they've never been allowed to see the light of day. :D

Opps! Yeah, I meant Lily. Silly me. o.O

Huh, that's one bug I've never had before, can always 'like' chapters. Sometimes I have to search for a link to a next chapter because there isn't one at the end of a previous chapter though. Not in your story, but for others that I read.
    Really? I hadn't noticed that at all.

Very true, at least they have some kind of personality unlike most of the clones in this game.

Oh well, at least it happened. Maybe it'll happen more now.

I doubt you'll miss one, just play close attention to the name when you get the notification and you'll be fine. Rose had how many cat friends? Didn't she need something like 20?

Very curious to find out who it was you saw as not so good looking elders. I see a chapter below this post though, so I'll find out soon! ;)

I need to use clubs more. The only time I've ever used them is in my Asylum challenges. It's a great way to control the residents without actually controlling them. ;)

Maybe...we'll see soon! \o/ :)

Final Chapter Comments:
    It's funny, yeah, but makes me cringe when Sims do that. Poor Mark looks terrified that you caught him. :D

He's just not having a very good day eh? Did you have to rub it in that you won Mabel? He looks so sad.

Very cool Mabel maxed out the Bowling skill. None of my Sims have ever done that, not even Eddy!

I actually love the painting on the left, it looks like Italy! Hello again Griffin!

Oh no! Bel and Mary didn't get blessed with your good-looking elders luck! Poo! :'(

Thank goodness Perla didn't reject Rose's gift! Gray socks to go with her gray hair, what's not to love? ;)

Happy Birthday Rose! Welcome to elderhood! She's still got a very pretty face, but what's going on with her body?

Sheesh, way too many deaths at once. That's one of the things I don't like the most about Legacies. You have to let your Sims dies. :'(

Congrats to Rose for finishing the Flower Arranging skill, finally! Crossing my fingers she gets to the top of her career in time and finishes the knitting skill too. 🤞

"I'm tired, please don't kill me." Best line of the entire chapter! :D

So, gentlemen don't dance? :D I get what you're saying though. A gentleman would never dance like Sims dance. Now, if we had slow dancing? Different story.

Blue has some sage advice for Perla. Happy Birthday Mabel! From what I can see, she looks fabulous, of course. ;)

Is it just me or did this Gen seem to go incredibly fast? Great finale! Guessing Mark will be the placeholder this time? Anyway, excited for the bachelor challenge now and then the next Gen! <3
    @Karababy52
    There are too many premades or extra sims now we can't know them all :p Or even recognize them.

This mod would be even better than MCCC if it worked... :|

You're blond, aren't you? It's harder to see grey hair in blond hair so you're lucky to have that hair color ^^ I have very dark brown hair so anything lighter sticks out :/

No problem ^^

I noticed it and he'll get a beard to cover it. Maybe :D

It's something :#

Maybe it was added in an update? Maybe it was added in a MCCC update? ^^ I'd welcome it until there was random woohoo and a radnom pregnancy coming from that :D

Yeah and I also check the urns manually anyway :) I think it was 12 pet friends. Or was it 12 best pet friends and 20 friends in general? Can't remember :sweat_smile:

You know now :p And you agree :D For once my elders are not lucky. Maybe because I don't play them actively?

The only time I use clubs is when a sim has the aspiration. But I've seen in many other stories/challenges by now how useful clubs can be. Super useful!
    Mark looks like a puppy who got caught doing something bad :D

For whatever reason Mark and Mabel were constantly in the red with the social bar. So annoying... I'm not sure if it was my fault tho.

Me neither. And I totally missed it. There are only 5 levels and it took Mabel like 5 games and she maxed the skill.

The style of the painting is too old-fashioned for my taste :sweat_smile:

Poor Bel and Mary... :'( And they're dead by now, too :'(

Perla loves Rose too much to hate anything she gets from her :)

What do you mean with her body? She got a bit chubby - all my elders are chubby - but maybe the hoodie makes her body shape look weird?

It's the knitting aspiration and I feel like it won't be completed again -.- Why is it so hard?

It was a super risky woohoo :D Rose was actually tired and I totally forgot for a second that elders can die when they are too tired :| She survived, luckily.

Gentleman don't dance like sims :D Only toddlers dance like sims :joy: Slwo dancing... Yes please :love:

Blue cares for her family and wants them all to be happy :)
    I actually feel the complete opposite :joy: Only one chapter a week, sometimes no chapter... Well, there are only 2 kids, maybe that's why it feels fast to you?

Have a nice day! <3
    @Queenarella
    That's true, there are a lot by now. However, I can usually recognize all of them. I always check them out for partner material when a new pack drops. :D I just don't remember ever seeing that Sim at all anywhere is why I thought maybe she only appears when a special event is happening, like that Jasmine Sim.

Yes, I'm a blond so it is tougher to see gray/white hairs. If that one eyebrow hair hadn't grown so long I couldn't miss it, I probably would've missed it. :D

Oh yea, a random pregnancy wouldn't be good at all. o.O I kind of doubt they can autonomously try for baby though. At least I hope not.

Ugh, way too much in my opinion. My Sims rarely have more than a handful of friends, usually just one, maybe two. I can't imagine looking in their relationships and seeing alllll those pets in there. :D I try to avoid aspirations that involve making a lot of friends.

I doubt playing them actively would make a difference, it's all about genetics.

Yes! I need to use clubs more. I just keep forgetting the feature even exists until I see other clubs getting together whenever my Sims are at the park or another venue.
    He does! Perfect description for his expression! :D

Aww, hopefully they're better friends by now.

I wish they would've made it more levels, same with photography and dancing. Plus, why is the potty skill only go to 3 levels for toddlers? It should be more.

Yeah, her shape changed a lot in my opinion. I know they get a bit chubbier for you (mine get skinny), but her shoulders look like they shrunk too. She's pear-shaped now. I dislike how the game treats elders SO DANG MUCH! :s

I don't know, I kind of like that it's hard though. There's way too many aspirations that are easy peasy to complete. Crossing my fingers for Rose!

You are very lucky! Although it usually takes a couple times of doing something too strenuous for them to die. I say usually because I've had elders die from just one woohoo before. o.O

Fair enough. Some of the dance moves are just ridiculous!

That must be why, yep.

It was a pretty good day, nothing special, ordering groceries was the highlight. Ooo, exciting! (not) :D

Have a great time during your holiday! <3
    @Karababy52
    That's a great idea to keep up with them all ^^ I got lost somewhere around IL. Yeah, that makes sense actually :) Unless you delete her first :joy:

Ah yes, that's a problem with grey hair: they grow longer and faster and thicker :joy: Makes it easier to pluck them tho.

It's not the try for baby thing I'm worried about. I agree, this is probably not a thing. But I have risky woohoo so normal woohoo can lead to a pregnancy as well :sweat_smile: That's what gets me worried.

At least the cats don't visit 24/7 and call 24/7 :joy: But I agree, the Friends of the World aspiration is so annoying because of all the friends your sim gets... I'm also happy that promotions don't require a certain number of friends anymore. It was a thing in ts3 and maybe also ts2.

Yeah they just got super unlucky :s

So true :joy: What's kinda funny is that some of my ghosts in the legacy house joined clubs. They did this on their own.
    Oh no, the two are friends. But their social bar (the need to talk to other sims) is constantly red lately... :#

Nah, I'm fine with the 5 levels :joy: For photography it's good because I need every heir/ess or spouse to max it for the memory point and the potty one, well, super annoying with 3 already :joy:

Are you sure it's not just the hoodie? I think in the pics where she wears her new sweater she looks like most other elders in my house, too. I might have a bit of an "optical illusion" tho as I have a new desktop and it's wider than the old one. They all look a bit different now (still need to find the perfect screen size for playing).

It's so frustrating tho when you have the "knit 10 awesome things" and the legendary knits don't count for it :/ Sorry my sim is too skilled for the aspiration :joy:

I can't remember details but I've had some occasions where my elders were tired and then woohooed and died. I think it was usually the exercise tired and not tired as in lack of sleep. Still, I don't want to risk anything :sweat_smile:

Some? 99% of them are ridiculous :joy:

Have a great weekend <3

Happy Halloween!🎃
    @Queenarella
    Hmm, maybe that's what I did, deleted her without seeing her anywhere first. Good point!

Oh yeah, I've heard that's a feature in MCCC. I would so not have that turned on if I had MCCC in my game. Of course, I rarely play with full autonomy anyway, so it probably wouldn't matter if it were on. :D

Yes, it was in TS2. I used to hate that. Who needs friends to get a promotion? It's just ridiculous! Glad TS4 doesn't have that.

Tsk, that's so silly. I dislike how ghosts are really nothing more than regular Sims only transparent, they can't die, haunt things and they break stuff. I miss how they used to be scary and could scare your Sims to death, like in TS2.

Okay, I misunderstood. Thought you meant their relationship bars for each other was in the red. Opps! Thanks for clarifying. :)

I can see how you'd want less levels in those cases. I still wish they had more though for me personally. For your sake, I'm glad they don't.

Hmm, maybe that's why she looks that way to me. I don't know. I guess it could just be the hoodie. *shrugs*

Ugh, I know right? What's up with that? It's just so silly! It's the same with paintings and books that want 'excellent' but masterpieces/best sellers don't count. At least in my game.

It could be tied to their level of fitness too. I know that was the case with Don and Ella. Don just kept going and going no matter what I had him do, woohoo, treadmill, swimming, he breezed through all of it. Ella on the otherhand, one woohoo in a bush with Don after exercising and bye bye Sim. :D

Okay, fair enough! I do like some of the the higher level dancing though. :)

Hope your weekend is going great too! <3
    @Karababy52 Sorry for the late reply :# And I LOVE your new avi! <3
    It's pretty likely with all these townies :D

Normal MCCC doesn't have risky woohoo. You need the extra MCCC Woohoo to get it :)

YES! I hated it, too! That was the reason why my sims have never made it to the top of a career -.-

I miss the whole attitude of ts2. The graphics from TS4 merged with the attitude from TS2 and we'd have the perfect game :D

Oh no :sweat_smile: They were lonely :| I think it was my fault.

It's weird in general that some skills end with level 5. Why was this even introduced?

Rose has been thin and curveless (no word, I guess? :D ) as a teen but she got some curves as a young adult and gained some weight up to now :sweat_smile: The sweater has always added some pounds to her look I think. Maybe it makes her look weird now, too? ^^

Masterpieces count for excellent paintings in my game for sure. I think the same applies to books. For me it's only the knitting stuff...

Don survived all this in a row? :o I thought all sims - no matter their aspirations or traits - die as elders when they do two exhausting things in a row.

I like the Selvadoradian dancing :D

Have a nice week ahead! <3

PS: New chapters to come soon ;)
    @Queenarella

No worries and thank you! <3
    Oh that's right, it's a separate module.

I don't remember if mine ever made it to the top or not in TS2, maybe. That was way too long ago for this old brain. :D

Gah! Can you imagine how great of a game that would be? The best! <3

I have no idea. Maybe they had a lot of complaints that skilling to 10 levels was too hard for some Simmers? *shrugs*

Yeah, probably just the clothes making her look that way. There's lots of outfits that do that, change the shape of a Sim. Just like that chinstrap beard that changes the jawline of male Sims. I hate that thing and NEVER use it. I removed it from the premade Paolo (sp?) too.

Hmm, my game must've been glitched when that happened then.

I guess not. Don had the long-lived trait from completing the Body Builder aspiration for one thing, plus, exercising was all he wanted to do. Well, except woo hoo. But he wouldn't be Don if he didn't want to woo hoo. ;) I think that might've had something to do with it. He was like the energizer bunny, he just kept going and going and going. And yes, all those things in a row, yet he wouldn't die. It was frustrating and kind of cool at the same time. :D

Love the Rumba! Wish they could do the Salsa too!

You too and I will if the vote goes the way I want tonight! 🤞 <3
    @Karababy52
    I've refused to download it for a long time because I had the impressions it's similar to the "mod we shall not name" :joy: After Maggie mentioned it in her story I knew my impression was wrong and downloaded it ^^

The only thing I remember is that I've read legacy challenges on this exchange site and there some people really managed to get to the top of careers and I was jelly :joy:

Yeah it's super hard... The game in general is super hard and should be modified to be easier, way easier! *irony off* I'm sure some complained and that might be a reason why some skills end at level 5.

It's the same in real life ^^ There is a whole theory/philosophy about how to hide your flaws and how to make your strengths pop :D Oh gosh, that beard... That's the worst beard in the history of beards! And we all know there's a famous bad bad bad beard :joy: But this one is so ugly... sp? I know Paolo, he would be a handsome sim if he didn't have that beard and that super broad chin :sweat_smile:

I think Maggie has/had the same problem tho. For me it's only knitting but Perla has the painter aspiration now and her masterpieces count for the excellent count :)

Do you imply that all this time I locked the gym for my active elders to keep them save it wouldn't have harmed them anyway? :sweat_smile: Maybe it was a glitch?

Why did I think about the vacuum cleaner bot when you mentioned Rumba? :joy: I think we have a special metal "dance" now, too!

Well, I saw a documentary about the US yesterday and what could happen after the vote... The extreme groups out there might cause some really big troubles... The word "civil war" fell several times but in the end they concluded the groups are too small to start a civil war. Scared me for a while tho :#

Still, have a nice week! <3
    @Queenarella
    Ah, okay. It sounds like a very good module for the Mod.

I'd be jealous too, that's quite an accomplishment considering all the friends required to advance in careers in TS2.

I don't know if that's why, it was just a guess. It could just be because it's something the majority of Simmers would want to use in their game. Simmers love to take photos to display in their Sims homes. So maybe that's why they made it an easier skill with less levels. *shrugs*

Which beard is the bad bad bad beard? The pointy devil one? Yeah, I modified Paolo by removing that beard for one thing and he looks so so much better by just doing that alone. He really is a very good looking premade otherwise.

That's good, I'm glad it's working for you. I'll watch closely next time any of my Sims have that aspiration to see if it's been fixed. Hopefully it has been, I love that aspiration and skill. Painting. Writing is fun too, but not as fun as painting in my opinion.

No, I'm sure it's still dangerous for the majority of elders. I think Don is just an exception. At least in my game. And maybe it was a glitch, I have no idea.

:D I can see how you'd think that, 'Rumba' Roomba' is very close in spelling and pronunciation.

I don't know anything about that and we're not supposed to talk about politics on here anyway, so I'll just say...

Have a great rest of your week off! <3
    @Karababy52
    Maybe they knew a trick I didn't have because they were all so good at that :D

Who knows ^^ It's one of many things we'll never really get an answer for. Only the devs know why ^^

Oh you mean the weird goatee? Nah I meant those sideburns from a few centuries ago :joy: Wait, I think no premade sim actually has that super bad beard. But therefore a lot of townies have it... :'(

Painter Extraoridnaire is my favorite aspiration and usually my sims get the aspiration in CAS already. In the legacy it took me 6 generations to use it :sweat_smile: Well, I wanted to try something new, I guess (with Nathan that is) and the rest was randomly rolled.

I'm tempted to try it but I couldn't do this with Rose :sweat_smile:

The thing is, in German we pronounce "u" as "oo" :D I guess that's why I thought of the vacuum cleaner lol

Why am I not surprised it's not a "thing" actually? :D Media at its finest... Scare people about something that's not even a real thing.

Have a nice rest of your week! <3
    edited November 2020
    @Queenarella
    Perhaps, I know nothing about that Mod, but hope to find out one day. :)

Sideburns? Which one is that? I don't remember seeing a beard with weird sideburns. I'll have to look for it.

It's one of my favorite aspirations too. I also love Freelance Botanist and Angling Ace. Curator is good too, actually all of the Nature aspirations are great. The Outdoor one is tough and takes a long time to complete though. I only pick that one for a Sim that is meant to be a Survivalist. Painter Extraordinaire is the best though, especially if your goal is to make a lot of simoleans very quickly. ;)

No, I wouldn't try it on purpose for a Sim in a Legacy, no way. The only reason I did with Don is because I had lost he and Ella's urns, remember? I had to invite them to join the family as ghosts, bring them back to life and then wait for them to die again to get their urns. But Don just kept going and going, so I started trying different things to uh, push things along. Finally had to resort to using the Murphy bed. Made me so sad. :'(

Ohhh, okay, now that makes sense. :)
    MSM isn't about reporting factual information anymore, it's about fear mongering and trying to manipulate and twist reality in such a way impressionable people will believe everything they say. Not all journalists are like this, but the majority of MSM is that way. It's all about politics and greed. In my opinion anyway... I think we should drop this topic though, I can feel my blood pressure rising and we're not supposed to discuss politics anyway. :#

Hope the rest of your holiday off is enjoyable! <3
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Sideburns? Which one is that? I don't remember seeing a beard with weird sideburns. I'll have to look for it.

I think she might mean these awful basegame muttonchops lol:
    xUOlyiX.png
    also yes that is Roland's father, and therefore Adrian's grandfather
    @afai1261 Ohh, that one! Yeah, that one is awful too and it also changes our Sims' jawline. I never use it either. Thanks for posting that image. Those two beards are so similar, I forgot the base game had one in addition to the GT beard Paolo wears by default. I thought they were the same beard! :D