Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Oh the video challenge again! I will really have to do this one some time, it's brilliant :)

Oliana has the geek trait so this should be her challenge!

Perla watching the others on the slide :D please tell me she did eventually have a go herself.

Yay way to go Oli, she won a solo date!

That chat up line is actually pretty cute :)

I find it so annoying when sims talk to each other while looking in opposite directions in my game lol. But I guess it might make sense for dancing.

Awww Rose missed Perla.

Wow there really aren't many girls left, the rose ceremony is looking quite empty now!

Gosh I thought for sure it was Oli's turn to go home now. Poor Alexis :( but thankfully she seems very understanding about it.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella
    I'm at the age where it's a requirement to make a list or I will forget half the things we need. :D

I guess I've been lucky, only ever had one Sim crash in a rocket and they didn't die. They crashed even after upgrading too. o.O

Maybe, I have no idea. The only 'phrase' I've ever heard about redheads is 'redhaired step-child' as an insult for some reason. Oh, and they're supposed to be feisty and hot-headed too. That part I can certainly agree with, my Aunts and Uncles are very feisty and hot-headed. lol

I was referring more toward down in the tombs in Egypt with all the traps, stone walls, curses, broken pottery, skeletons, sarcophaguses, etc. I wasn't thinking about the actual environment outside, hence the reason I said, except Selvadorada isn't in a desert like Egypt.

Mood is everything when flirting with another Sim, never works unless they are in a pleasant conversation, like you said and in a good or flirty mood themselves. I never try it unless those things are all in place. The relationship bar needs to be higher, around half-way too unless the other Sim is flirty already, like at the Romance Festival. Oh and I never, ever use 'Confess Attraction', that never works.

Pretty much the same for me, I never use any of the 'high water' jeans either. Nobody around here wears those, ever!
    I have no idea, I wish they weren't, they're totally ridiculous. *sigh*

Ohhh, okay, I must've missed the part where Skyler drank a ton of water.

I love Rose's unique face, it's SO cute!

Ah, that's right, I forgot about that. Whenever I've had a Sim give a key to another Sim to their apartment when playing in San Myshuno, the Sim that drops by always seems to go for milk. Just milk, not water or anything else. It's weird!

Yay! \o/ Apartment shopping! Sounds like you had a great day. BTW, I LOVE shrimp! Yum! :)

Current Chapter:
    Well that's certainly and interesting place for a solo date, a museum. Never would've thought of that myself. Ugh! Dang townies! Go away! You must not play in Oasis Springs very often, that bridge and waterfall is one the main features in the world. :)

Gah! I'm sorry, but that pick-up line face is about the most awkward thing to see when Sims are flirting. I guess Oli liked it though and that's all the matters. :)

I love Alexis' wardrobe, she's such a sharp dresser. She always looks so stylish. I can see how Rose would think she should be a Style Influencer. I don't know why, but Skyler already looks like a Mom to me, must be the outfit and updo hairstyle. I can see her being a critic, yep.

I think Barbarella's genes are going to haunt your ladies in the Legacy until the very end. :D

Aww, man, Goodbye Alexis, so sorry she had to leave @MonaSolstraale She is a great Sim and will definitely be missed! I hope she finds the love she's looking for and has a TON of kids to Mother and love like she wants. *Hugs*

Have a great rest of your weekend y'all! <3
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MaggieMarley
    It's fun to watch but you can barely take any screenshots :sweat_smile:

I didn't know about the trait. Good thing for her ^^

Nope, Perla only watched :D

It was her challenge after all :p Maybe traits do have more impact on the game as we think?

The worst conversation is the one talking over the shoulder. Like, just turn around.

Now there are only 3! I need to play the last few days but that's kinda scary with this few girls left :D

@Karababy52
    I think the age doesn't matter here ^^ I don't write lists and mess up my grocery shopping every time :p

I had tons of rocket crashes. It's so scary because you get a warning message and then see the crash. Will my sim die, will they survive? Luckily, none of the legacy sims has crashed it so far. I was so smart - irony lol - I made Nathan go on rocket missions. At least I think it was Nathan...

I've never heard about the feisty and hot-headed thing ^^ But I know that back in the old times (not only Middle Ages, but also after that), redheaded women were often called witches and therefore burned on a stake :#

Oh I see. But I think there are also movies where all this stuff happens in the jungle temples. I can't name any tho because I don't watch that kind of movies ^^

So true! Confess Attraction is a definite bad flirt :D I usually start off with either Ask if Single or Compliment Appearance :) Flirt itself is a bit risky sometimes, too.

True :D Same here lol At least the men don't wear them. I see lots of women or girls wear them tho... Even in winter!

I only showed her at the fridge with a glass of water in hand. But in the game, one glass of water is enough to drop the toilet bar from green to red :joy:

It's cute but funny, too :p

Milk? I've never had a sim drink milk :D The game is weird in different versions lol

Exhausting but great :) Shrimps are the best :love: My niece loves them, too. When she was like 2 years old, we went to a Chinese restaurant with all-you-can-eat :) She ate 12 shrimps! :D
    So a museum date isn't actually a thing? :D Oops. Haha, yes, I barely play in Oasis Springs. Maybe the bar but that's on the other side of the neighborhood.

It's the flirt face with a kiss in the air :D I always try to capture the duck face just to make it look hilarious :D:D

Alexis' style is awesome! And so many different outfits, too. Skyler looks like a mom in the 1960s to me. But that's the dress. It screams 60s :D

I wouldn't say Barbarella's genes "haunt" my sims. What's bad about a body shaped like a guitar? :p

I was a bit mad at Rose when Alexis was on the bottom of the list... Like, they went on many dates so far and then this?! Maybe she does hate red hair on others...?

Have a great weekend, too! <3
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    Thanks for the many nice remarks about Alexis style <3 Not all women’s clothing suits her body type, so I had to try my hand at it.

I have gradually accepted that the Sims have their own opinion. It’s hard to predict what it will take before Sims click together. I like to devise differentiere personality types. Maybe I will be lucky to hit a match sometime in the future. It is always fun to be allowed to participate as long as it lasts :)
    @Queenarella
    It is scary because all you see at first is a pile of flaming rubble and a burning tire rolling away with your Sim lying in the middle of it all. o.O

I'd never heard of that before either. Sheesh, what's the world got against red hair? I think it's beautiful and love creating Sims with red hair. :)

The Indiana Jones series of movies with Harrison Ford are the first ones I can think of for those about exploring the jungles and finding treasure in temples/ruins. You've never watched any of those movies?

Exchange Numbers is an interaction that should wait until they have bit of romance built up too. I've never had a problem with flirt, just if you try to do too many at once. I usually intersperse flirt among other friendly socials. Ask if single is a good one though, yep.

Oh sure, I've seen lots of women wearing them, but never men. But again, it's usually the 'skinny jeans' type, the straight legged tight kind worn with heels or boots.

Just one glass will drop it that far? I had no idea. No wonder Simmers are always complaining about their Sims drinking a lot of water.

Definitely funny too. I love Sims with big eyes, not too big, but big enough their expressions seem to be more animated and exaggerated. Have I ever shown you my Poppy Groves Sim? She's got big eyes and I just love the expressions she makes, she's funny and so dang cute! She's also the only Sim I've played that had a small chin that I actually think looked good. At least on her. :)

"Milk, it does a body good." And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Whoa! She sounds like my Granddaughter. She's such a little thing, but boy can she pack away the food! Amazes me how she isn't huge, but she's very active so I'm sure it just all gets burned off.
    I have no idea if it is or not, maybe it is these days. But when I was dating, if any of my dates tried to take me to a museum, I would've dropped them like a hot potato. I like museums, don't get me wrong, but for a date? Borrrring! :D

I love it because it's so ridiculous! :D

The dress and hair screams '60s Mom, yep. She looks great, but more like an adult than a young adult to me, if that makes sense?

Oh nothing at all wrong with having a body shaped like that, I just meant it was going to stick around for a long time. :)

I don't understand the attraction system in this game sometimes. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason with it. Makes no sense.

So far so good. Groceries were delivered earlier than scheduled, beautiful, sunny back roads drive this morning on our way to the butcher and the beef jerky we got there is the best I've ever tasted in my life! It was nice traveling down some country roads we haven't driven on in years, went by a house we rented about 30 years ago too. Oh! Plus, the store we have deliver our groceries has been out of Dove Minis ice cream bars for months and they finally had them back in stock! \o/

Have a great Sunday! <3
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey there! The challenge is going to well! Rose seems to be enjoying herself on the dates... at least sorta. I love all the girls and it makes me sad to see them go one by one.

I'm glad your apartment hunt went well! I hope you have an easy move in soon!
    @MonaSolstraale All of her outfits are amazing!

Yes, it's best not to try to understand if there's a pattern behind sims chemistry but just accept it. :)

@Karababy52
    Yes, and it takes a few seconds until the sim crawls out of the mess :# So scary!

Red hair are super beautiful! On 9GAG a lot of people complain that a lot of redhead characters (from comics usually) are seldomly portrayed as redheads. The characters are usually used to get more diversity in a movie or series.

Oh right, Indiana Jones! Nope, not my kind of taste ^^

Exchange numbers is the most useless interaction ever :D They don't need to do that to get each others number.

It's not just the skinny jeans, it's also the culotte but you could count that one as 7/8 lenght trousers. I don't like culottes at all tho. UGLY :D

Maybe Skyler drank more while I checked on the others but I think she only had one glass of water and the bar dropped this far.

Poppy Groves rings a bell but I'm not sure if you've shown her to me before. Yes, expressions on unique sims are even funnier than on "normal" sims :D I mean, Amy was rather unique looking, too.

Drinking milk is bleh :D It's only nice with strudel :p

My niece is far from being a chonk but she eats mostly healthy stuff all day, like cucumber, tomatoes and such ^^
    Hm, now that you put it that way... :D Maybe a museum date is kinda boring. Maybe it's more a thing for couples.

Yes, I know what you mean! I think it's the "old-fashioned" hair and that 60s dress. Outfits can change a sim drastically! Just look at Rose with her comfy sweater and then in her party outfit ^^

Well, it came in generation 2 and Rose (gen 6!) still has it :D It might even stick forever.

I'm not sure if I like that we don't know how the attraction system works or if it annoys me :D It's kinda cool we can't force too much but at the same time, I am the one pulling the strings of the puppets aka. sims in my game :D

Sounds like a great day!

Have a great week <3

@TheYayToast Thank you :) I already played up to the end and I'm curious to see all your reactions when the winner is announced :p

I hope it'll go well, too!
    @Queenarella
    Agreed! Now that you mention it, I can probably name on one hand the number of redheads I see on TV and in movies. Not surprising though really since I guess red hair is kind of rare and so is green eyes.

o.O Seriously? Okay, we can't be friends anymore...just kidding, of course! :D Everyone has their own tastes and that's a good thing!

Oh, I know, it's ridiculous, but it does increase their romance bar by quite a bit, so I use it anyway. ;)

Culottes? Culottes mean something different here, they're shorts with a skirt attached in the front. I know what you're talking about though, I think. They're called Capri pants or cropped pants. I don't use those much either, especially for males except for one pair of cropped jeans sometimes, these:
    15yytgl.png

And sometimes the cropped sweat pants for sleepwear.

This is Poppy Groves. She's a R2R Sim that lives in Sulani.
    LVm6WLY.png

She's paranoid and was 'possessed' until I removed that trait after she'd reached the 'riches' part of the challenge. :)
    vTrmKis.png

I LOVE milk! Real milk, cow's milk, not that almond stuff some people like. THAT is bleh to me. :D
    Sure, I can see established couples maybe going to a museum for a special event on a date night or something. If they both love historical things. :)

Definitely! My newest 'knitting' Sim has an ombre 'modern' hairstyle at the moment, but her wardrobe for later uses the new 'Kitty Foreman' hairstyle that came with the pack and she looks extremely different, like an entirely different Sim!

But we CAN force things and quite easily too, that's the problem. If we had a true attraction/turn ons/turn offs system in place, it wouldn't be so easy to hookup Sims in my opinion. Although, I've been reading some posts lately that say it is harder after the latest patch for some Simmers. Hasn't changed for my Sims though. At least with this last couple. But maybe they were actually attracted to each other from the start with the game's hidden agenda. I have no idea. *shrugs*

Current Chapter:
    Good idea using Lily for the family member interview part of the challenge! Seeing her again reminds me that she really is a very pretty Sim. :)

Great interviews with all the remaining ladies! I forgot Lily was still a teen until you mentioned she asked Perla about woo hoo. :D

HAHA! It does look like Lily's disgusted by something Rose did, like a fart! Hilarious! Nice screenshot grab! :p

Love that the sisters get a long so well. Sweet hug! :)

Soccer! It's Soccer! :p So, am I banned from the thread now? o.O (teehee)

Wow, can actually see the elusive ping pong ball in that one shot. Congrats on capturing it! :)

Glad you're keeping Lily around, out of laziness or not. :)

Haven't a clue who had the best relationship with Lily, they all seemed to be having a pleasant conversation. If I were to guess, I'd say Perla though, just because Lily felt comfortable asking her about woo hoo! :D Guess we'll find out next time if I'm right or not.

Have a great day tomorrow! <3
    @Karababy52
    The rarest combination is red hair and blue eyes tho :) And Hollywood can easily give the actors or actresses wigs :p The only redheads in movies I know are Black Widow from the Avengers and the Weasleys from Harry Potter.

I don't like a lot of the popular movies :sweat_smile: Or I haven't even watched them.

True, and it looks kinda cute :D And story tellers can use it for stuff.

No no, they're called Culottes ^^ It's not just the length but also the wide legs :D This is a culotte:
    67097896_06.jpg?ts=1584965016434&imwidth=1440&imdensity=1

I remember the postcard from Poppy! So cool :D:D

I can get sick from milk :# I'm not lactose intolerant but all the fat in milk makes me get a sick feeling :#

Hm, that could be a reason. Or more like on holidays at a famous museum :) I'm probably one of the few people who enjoy museums :joy:

The Kitty Foreman hair and the dress Skyler wears. Boom, 60s/70s housewife ^^

Well, get MCCC and it isn't as easy to find a spouse as you think :p The good ones are all taken :joy: But I agree, a chemistry system like in ts2 or ts3 would be soooo nice :love: Tho I'd prefer the one from ts2. I've had some problems hooking up sims before, too. I do think there's already a bit of a hidden chemistry in the game. Like just look at the sims you entered for my challenge. Chemistry for the men, no chemistry for the women.
    She seems to look so different from Rose but despite the eye size, they look almost alike (facial features I mean). And as Lily will be living in the house until she finishes her aspiration, she'll be around for a loooong time :D

I wanted to take a screenshot of the interaction (free will btw) but messed up lol Lily seriously asked a stranger about woohoo... -.- :D

Thank you ^^ It's moments like this one that make screenshot taking so much fun lol

YOU SHALL NOT PASS :D Nah, it's fine. Let's just call it football and the other one handegg :p (just joking).

I could capture the ping pong ball only because Skyler was holding it before she started the game :joy: I just loved her face there lol

She moved out after the rose ceremony. And you won't see her on any screenshots :p

You'll find out today ^^ But the relationship scores were super close :)

Thank you! I'm going to sign the contract for my apartment today B) And then visit some friends ^^ Have a nice day, too! <3

New chapter will come in like an hour.
    And here it is:

G6.D10: Yummy

So close to the end already :open_mouth:
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Wow! I’m shocked! 😯 Can’t say I’m upset though. 😏

Rose and Perla look made for each other. ❤️❤️❤️

But Oli just might turn her head with that skinny dipping. 🤨

😂😂😂

Good bye, Skylar! Your beesh face will be missed!

iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @Queenarella
    Oh I adore red hair and blue eyes! A couple of my Aunts have the combination, most have green or brown eyes though. I've never seen either one of those movies. :D Offhand the only redheads I can remember from movies/TV is; Lucille Ball, Ann Margaret, Cynthia Nixon, Debra Messing, Kate Winslet, Julia Roberts, Julianne Moore and the cartoon character from Brave. I'm sure there's more, but that's all I remember right now.

I love how Sims will kind of chuckle and kiss the phone after putting the number in. :)

Huh, I never knew that's what those are called, but I don't like them either anyway. Way too baggy for my taste.

Poppy's a fun Sim and thanks! :)

Well that's a bummer, I love the stuff myself. *shrugs* :) My Mom hated it though too, she'd put orange juice on her cereal instead of milk. :D

I like museums too and so does Hubby, he's a history buff. I just never thought of them as a place for a date. Not really all that romantic.

Hmm, the hair is definitely a '70s style, but that dress is more a '50s style in my opinion. I think Mrs. Cunningham wore a similar one on the Happy Days show.

LOL Okay, this is the first time you've mentioned MCCC where I didn't want one of it's features. I'd hate to have all my premades/townies married off before I could use them for a potential spouse myself. There is definitely some kind of chemistry system going on, but it's still ridiculously easy in my opinion to get Sims to hook up. At least when you make an effort yourself to do it, left to pick someone on their own is another story. ;)

I really don't see the likeness that much myself, but then I don't play with them all the time. I think the size of Rose's eyes blinds me to their similarities. Anyway, glad she'll be around awhile!

So funny! Lily certainly is a very confident and brave Sim eh? At least in this situation. :)

I love it when the game throws you an interesting screenshot like that where it looks like something completely different than what's actually going on. :)

Handegg! OMG! You're hilarious, I love it! :D

Skyler has some great facial expressions, that's for sure. She's a lot deeper than she looks at first glance. You think she's a laidback, nurturing, baking cookies, kissing boo boos Mom type, but nope! She makes me think of Clara Bjergsen. I think it's the hairstyle though.

Oh I know, I meant after the new spouse is chosen, back in the Legacy house we'll be seeing her, like you said, to finish her aspiration, etc., right? Otherwise, I'm confused. o.O

Yay for signing the apartment contract and visiting friends! Hope both of your plans went well!

Current Chapter:
    Good to see Sheila again. She's so pretty, a perfect combo of both Dads. :)

Oh gosh that screenie of Santa with the elder lady townie is so cute! He looks so excited to be with her and you're right, she's a very pretty elder!

Congratulations to Perla on winning the solo date! Rose is cracking me up with those already big eyes bugged out wider like that. :D

Whoa, Perla wants a buncha babies! Not sure how Rose feels about that from her reply. I'm guessing she'd rather have just 1-2 babies.

Aww, Rose blowing Perla a kiss is so cute! Bummer you don't let them really kiss much (sometimes, but not enough), especially when it's this close to the end. I get it though, I guess. No worries. I'm just a hopeless romantic, as you know, and want to see alllll the romance. :D

Hi Kiley! Such a beautiful, stylish Sim! Nice to see her again. :) Hi Violet too, nice family! and Kody! Cool, crossing fingers he's still your butler! 🤞

Skyler might be on to something there, but we'll see...

Oli looks like she knows she'll get a date and Skyler just looks incredibly PO'd.

Aww, man, so sorry @TheYayToast Skyler was eliminated, she made such fun faces and she's gorgeous! She'll definitely be missed, but I'm positive we'll see her again and most likely with someone else to love. :)

Great chapter! So excited for the finale. I think I might know who wins, but I've been wrong in the past. Sometimes your comment clues are exactly the opposite as if to throw everyone off. Clever! We'll see if my suspicions come to fruition. ;)

Have a great morning when you get up! <3
    @pammiechick
    Perla is doing really well in the challenge. 3 solo dates! And now one of the dream dates, too :p

Girls just know how to get the attention they want ^^

Loved her beesh face so much!

@Karababy52
    Oh right, in Titanic Rose has red hair and Julia Roberts has red hair in her movies, too. But those movies are usually "older". The thing is, movies that are made nowadays barely have any redheads anymore. I mainly know this from complaints on 9GAG, like in the Witcher series a redhead was turned into a black woman and everyone lost their minds :#

Sounds cute but in reality I'd be like "GROSS!" if someone kissed their phone :D

I only know the name because there's a tv show here called Shopping Queen :D And there that trauma of trousers was the weekly motto some time ago :D

Cereal with orange juice is... a crime :p

I thought Kitty sometimes wears a dress like this on the show?

You can easily "cheat" on MCCC tho by marking the sims you want as a spouse as favorite (the heart thingy) ^^ I also miss that love guru from sims 2 that arranged blind dates for your sim :D Remember her?

With Lily around it'll take some time until there'll be babies tho :sweat_smile: No room in the house.

Those are usually clippings tho :D

Well, football is about kicking a ball with a foot. Handegg is about an egg being carried with your hands :p

Clara Bjergsen? :D Nah, I'd rather think of Nany Landgraab ^^ From the character that is.

Yes, Lily will finish her aspiration before she moves out :) Sorry for the confusion ^^

Everything is perfectly fine :) My new landlord is sooo nice :)
    Sheila is great :) But She's not as pretty as Sophie :p

Santa was so cute with that townie. I hope it was a real date ^^

Rose seems to try to become an anime girl with huge eyes :joy:

Rose doesn't mind many babies but she doesn't want too many as they'd take her attention away from her fur babies :p And we all know Freya needs A LOT of attention :joy:

Only the future spouse gets to kiss the bachelor/ette :p And woohoo is out of question. Just think of the twins. Or Maggie's challenge :D

If Kody isn't my butler anymore I'll be sad. Seriously sad :/

PO'd?

I will miss Skyler and her faces. She's so special!

Who knows ^^

have a great day! <3

I will post the chapter waaay later today as I go furniture shopping again today :D
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Had just recently caught up with the chapters
    Sad to see Alexis go, I was rooting for her to win. Father winter looked really happy on his date. Skylar's elimination gave her the perfect excuse for a grumpy face.
    edited August 2020
    Hey I'm so sorry for being absent. Life just kind of took over for the past few days. I've still been reading the chapters but haven't had so much time to comment. I'll try to comment properly and also reply to your PM later today but I wanted to drop in to say that I've really been enjoying reading :)
    Also omg Oli getting to the final :o wow I am proud of her but I kind of hope Perla wins because I really love her even if she isn't my sim <3

Also: Spellcaster babies!

You could do a magic-centered naming theme if Perla wins. Maybe a theme like Harry Potter or Sabrina?
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
    @Queenarella
    Older...okay, our age differences are showing here. :p Not that old to me, but I understand. I haven't been to the theatre or rented any movies in a few years so I have no idea if there are any recent redheads. The last movie I watched that's 'recent' was Moana when babysitting my Grandson and that doesn't count since it's animated. Before that maybe Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. But I don't believe there were any redheads in that either.

Indeed, I couldn't ever watch her eat it.

You could be right, I never paid much attention to what Kitty wore, mostly just the younger girls, Bob's wife and Eric's friends. Jackie had a sweater exactly like one I had in the '70s, blew my mind how accurate that show was with the fashion.

Well that's pretty cool then. I remember the fortune teller lady, but I didn't use her much. The few times I did, she conjured up duds for my Sims. :D

No worries, I'm sure it'll be fun watching what everyone gets up to in the meanwhile. :)

What are usually clippings? #isconfused

*loud buzzer goes off* Sorry, wrong! Did you forget about field goals, extra points, the opening kick, kick offs when the ball changes hands, etc.? Lots of kicking/foot action going on in football or 'handegg' as you call it. :p As a matter of fact the kicker on my favorite NFL team scored the most points of all the team members for a few years. :)

Oh good, enjoy your new apartment whenever you move in. :)

No, she isn't, but she's still pretty!

He sure looked excited anyway, I hope so too.

Yep, the furbabies are the most important I think, at least in her eyes. :)

I wasn't talking about woo hoo! Just a few what the game calls 'make-out' sessions on a couch maybe and some kisses would be fun, but no worries. :)

I can't type what PO'ed stands for, but it means another word for peed and off. :D

Hope you had fun and no worries! <3
    @VanPelt81
    I was surprised to see Alexis leave so early :/

At least Santa had fun :D

@MaggieMarley No problem at all! My life is a bit busy lately, too. All the apartment stuff and furniture and so :D
    I will try to write the finale today so you'll find out if Rose ends up with Oli or Perla :) Or none?

Spellcaster babies would be so cool! I love occult sims in general.

I already have a naming theme for the next generation :sweat_smile: And I'm not really a big fan of Harry Potter. All the hype and "Potterheads" (maybe even the drama about the author and her attitude) have made me be annoyed about it. And I've never seen Sabrina :D

@Karababy52
    It's usually movies that are based on comics, books or similar where this big change is done all the time. The Witcher is a video game I think and there is a redhead woman who is played by a black woman? Might be from South or Middle America, too. I can't remeber.

I've never really paid much attention to their clothes :D I just cared for the stuff happening on the show lol

You could invite her over and then she made up a date for you. The sim randomly appeared on the lot :D SO funny but usually no potential spouses :#

The funniest screenshots are usually clipping bugs that look a bit odd :D

In football, it's a foul when you touch the ball - unless you're the goalie :p But I don't mean all this handegg stuff serious anyway ^^ Here we usually say football and American football to show the difference.

Thank you :) I bought most of the furniture today :sweat_smile: I'm happy with what I found :)

The fur babies are most important to me because of the aspiration :D

I'm usually not a prude nor of the romantic type but I like the idea that my sims only kiss one person in their life :) Unless there'll be a Serial Romantic aspiration one day :#

Oooooh, I get what PO'ed means now lol

Lots of fun but now I'm exhausted :s I'm off to write the finale now ^^
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited August 2020
    giphy.gif

I'll write more later... but I had to share a Sabrina gif... I adored the 90's Sabrina the Teenage Witch show.
    Yay the finale <3
    Loved reading about the dream dates! I'm honoured that Oli made it to second place but I'm actually glad that Perla won as I could already tell that she and Rose had something special :) I can't wait to see what their kids look like and what naming theme you have chosen!

I hope Perla forgives Rose for flirting with Oli in front of her ;) I think I am going to turn off jealousy in my bachelorette once the flirting starts just for convenience. There is an option in MCC woohoo which I only learnt about recently!

Also good luck with your new job, I hope it goes well :)
    @Queenarella
    I've read that happens. Never knew The Witcher video game had a movie based on it. I've never played the game or watched the movie though, so I have no idea.

Even though I'm mostly a jeans and t-shirts kind of Gal, I still love fashion, and especially when it's during an era that I lived through myself. It's fascinating for me to see how accurate, or inaccurate as the case may be, their wardrobes are in shows.

After the first couple tries using her and getting duds, I usually just ignored her when she showed up shining her crystal ball. :D

Ohhhh! Duh, I should've figured out that's what you meant. Chalk it up to sleep deprivation. :D

I know you're not serious, just having a bit of fun with the discussion. :)

You're welcome and good, glad you found some pieces you like.

Understandable, that aspiration can be a killer if you don't live in Brindleton Bay already.

Aww, but Queenie, that IS romantic! I love that idea and it makes perfect sense. I think you shared that sentiment already and I just forgot about it. <3

Finale:
    I love Sulani, it's the most gorgeous world in the game in my opinion. That opening screenshot is so beautiful. I would love to live on a tropical chain of islands just like that.

Hello Regan, you gorgeous purple vampire/alien! She's actually doing her lifeguard duties there, pointing out where the beach is, but it does look like she's showing off. :D

Oli is so pretty and she always looks so cheerful and happy. Reminds me a lot of her Mom, she's a very happy, cheerful and friendly Sim too. Takes no time at all to make her your friend or more, in my game at least. I thought the flirting was cute with the Princess/Queen reference. :)

Gawd, that guy in the background is such the stereotypical male when seeing two women that might kiss. 🙄

Melina's had three children, no wonder she has a bit of baby pooch leftover. Still so pretty, I love her! :)

Love Perla's rainbow bikini!

Hello Maralyn! Aww, thanks for comparing her to Halle Berry, that's quite a compliment! I can see the connection though, especially her hair. :) Dearly love this Sim and it's always a pleasure seeing her in your game. <3

Rose and Perla have such a great connection, they already look like a couple in these next screenshots. I'm not surprised at all Rose picked her to be her spouse, I had a gut feeling she was the one! It's always a bummer though for the 2nd place Sim, to get soooo close and not win, it's kind of gut wrenching, I know, so sorry it didn't work out @MaggieMarley I know Oli will have no trouble finding someone to love though, she's such a sweet lovable Sim. *Hugs*

Congratulations @pammiechick I can't wait now to see how this Gen goes for Perla and Rose. I have a feeling it's going to very special. <3
    @TheYayToast I know the show but have never watched it. And the Netflix version neither. It looks scary :#

@MaggieMarley This means no more bachelorette for a while tho :p
    Perla went on 3 solo dates and I think that - plus chemistry - sealed the deal :) I'll have to see what hair color the kids will get because neither red nor silver are available for kids... Or I just let them have what they grow up with? But the game would pick cheese again :s

My new naming theme will be characters from Bridget Jones :D:D Love the books and movies - tho they make me sad sometimes - and thus the names :p

I face palmed so hard when Rose flirted with Oli... I was scared that Perla wouldn't accept the rose anymore. I bet the romantic "give rose" interaction would have been denied :#

Thank you :) It's the practical part of teacher training :sweat_smile:

@Karababy52
    I know one or two who played the video game and there was a lot about the series on 9GAG but that's it for me. ^^

Jeans and t-shirt is the best style :p Same here! When I was younger - like teen - I couldn't watch "old" movies where the fashion wasn't up to date :D It seriously bothered me. I'm weird.

She showed up without calling her? I can't remember that :#

It's fine ^^ We've all been there.

A lot of parts of the aspiration were already finished when Rose was a teen. I think it's halfway done. With the stray cats on the lot it'll be ok to do :) Maybe Loki and Freya get another set of kittens for Freddie, too.

It's not open romance but kinda hidden. Like the little details not a big bouqet of red roses at the beach during sunset kinda romance :D
    I think it'd be awesome to live in Sulani after you retire but when you have to work - as a teacher - the heat would be awful. :# Or as a holiday location. Anything where you don't have any work to do and just enjoy the sun, beach and water.

That's a weird way to show people where the beach is :D:D Especially, she's in the middle of the beach :joy:

Hm, I only know Nalani from pack videos and when she walks by. She's a very pretty sim but I've never played her.

The guy is what a lot of men act like when they see two females being more than friends... :#

Melina looked like first trimester pregnant so I had to check ^^ The little belly is cute, true :) It's the first time in game I see that belly - from pregnancies - tho :sweat_smile:

Maralyn walks by or comes to lots my sims visit often :) Her style is a bit like Halle Berry's :) The last pic I remember from her she has short hair. No idea if that has changed by now :sweat_smile:

I was a bit scared it would be too obvious that Perla is Rose's favorite :sweat_smile: Oli will definitely find someone! And I bet Maggie doesn't mind. She already had 2 sims win my challenges :P (Veronica and Blue).

It'll be a bit crazy I guess lol

@Queenarella
    Nah, you're not weird, that would've bothered me too since it would've made it hard to get into the movie if it wasn't realistically portraying the right era for the setting.

She did in my game. Sometimes I'd see her standing out front of my Sims house on the sidewalk with a big yellow sponge polishing her crystal ball. It was rare though, like seeing a unicorn. :D

Ah, that's cool. More kittens would be fun and I'm sure Freddie will enjoy them. :)

I understand. A lot of people are like that, appreciate the every day type of romantic actions that seem like nothing, but mean a lot. I love that kind too, but I'm a sucker for the big, splashy romantic gestures as well. <3 Can't help it... *shrugs*
    Of course, that's what I had in mind when I said I'd love to live somewhere like Sulani, I was thinking about after Hubby retires. ;)

Very weird! They're only supposed to do it when asked for directions to the beach, but they do it all the time. Must be a glitch or not...since I don't think you can ask a lifeguard for directions in TS4 anyway. I think it's probably just a fun animation for show that's unique to lifeguards or something.

Nalani's been my Sims' girlfriend, best friend and co-worker before, but I've never actually taken control of her to play either. She's always very friendly and easy to raise the friendship/romance bar. One of my fav premades actually. :)

I know, it's disgusting, I know guys exactly like that, unfortunately. Kudos to you though for being realistic since it did look like he was staring at them.

Most of my Moms lose the tummy immediately, but they will get bigger hips and breasts sometimes that stick around. Rarely see their stomach stay poofed out unless they haven't been eating right while preggers. :D Sometimes I let them eat whatever they want when pregnant to simulate cravings. :)

I'm glad she is always around in your game, it's a treat seeing her screenshots. Do you mean Halle has short hair now? Maralyn's always had short hair so I'm guessing you mean Halle. :)

It was obvious to me anyway, perhaps not others though, I'm just very observant, maybe TOO observant sometimes. :D

Definitely crazy with all the cats around for one thing and the fact Perla's a spellcaster. She should be fun to play and I'm curious to see how that affects this Gen, or if it does at all.

Have a good one! <3
    @Karababy52
    That 70s Show was on tv yesterday and I watched it for like 1 minute - then helped my mom bake two cakes ^^ - and Kitty wore a blouse and normal pants. I guess maybe her nurse uniform made me think she wears that dress Skyler wears?

I think I had this, too! Now that you say it, it sounds familiar. Not as familiar as something that happened all the time but on rare occasiosn :D I want her back. Also Mrs. Crumplebuttom (old grumyp version tho!) and some other sims there've been before.

Freddie will love them even more than I love them :p And I guess more kittens might be a thing in the household. Not sure yet.

The big, splashy romantic gestures (copying your words lol) usually make me cringe :D
    Great minds think alike lol

But I thought lifeguards wear the red trunks or red bathing suit? And the white sunscreen on the nose? ^^ Regan didn't wear any of these things.

Nalani is probably the best looking premade in this iteration. Tho it might be that her sons might look a bit odd if they get her cat eyes :sweat_smile: But that's just a guess.

I bet most of these men don't even realize that it's offenisve :# Doesn't make the whole thing any better tho.

Barbarella - 10 babies - put on a bit of weight with all the pregnancies. That's why I made her do yoga and then she got those stunning abs :o:D

Yes I meant Halle :) The image of the actress in my head is always with short hair. Maybe she has long hair now but my brain saved her with short hair ^^ And I think she's beautiful with short hair.

I guess it was super obvious this time. Perla went on 3 of the 4 solo dates. She was lucky to win most of the challenges and let's not forget the chemistry :sweat_smile:

As far as I remember I've never played a spellcaster family. Only single sims that where spellcasters, like Melina. I'm curious to see if there'll be spellcaster babies then ^^ There's this magic lineage trait thingy, isn't there?

It's my birthday :p 🥳 Have a nice day, too! <3