Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    :( Man. I'll have to find another way, then.
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @SimmerOfAges sims with the romantic trait can give roses even if they aren't feeling flirty (sims without the romantic trait have to be feeling flirty which is a hassle). And in this case you don't even need to buy the roses.

It IS a romantic interaction but there is a way that you could stop contestants getting jealous of one another.

If a sim completes the 'serial romantic' aspiration they get the 'player'reward trait which means that sims they are in a romantic relationship with will not get jealous if they flirt with another sim in front of them. You can give your bachelor/bachelorette the serial romantic aspiration and use cheats to complete it (I'd use MCCC to mark all the aspiration milestones as completed but there may also be in game cheat codes to complete aspirations) - then they will have the player trait. Or you might be able to directly add the player trait to your sim with a cheat code.
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    Thanks @MaggieMarley ! I have MCCC and UI cheats so it shouldn't be that hard to cheat to get the serial romantic aspiration done. :) again, thanks!
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella
    Hubby's identity has finally been verified! Gah! Should get his back unemployment pay within 5-7 days. Don't know why it takes that long, but whatever. I'm just happy it's finally been sorted out. Sheesh!

Might not be a bad idea to do that, yeah. :|

The grape/cherry tomatoes? Yeah, I've tried those, I can tolerate a couple in a salad, but that's it. They are sweeter.

That's exactly what I meant. lol It IS hilarious! Weird that you find that funny, but not when the greeters do it. hehe I get it though, they're not Mermaids so they shouldn't be doing that animation. But hey, it IS a seafood restaurant, right? Kind of appropriate if you think about it in an ironic way. :D

Okay, it is kinda funny, sometimes, I guess. Meh... :p
    But, but, it's Sophie!! o.O You love her!

That's EXACTLY why I'd want to live there! I'm tired of always being cold. We get maybe 2-4 months tops of hot weather here, if we're lucky, and the rest of the year is cold. I used to love snow and stuff when I was younger, not now. It's pretty, but that's about it. Every time I see someone wishing for a snowy world for the Sims I want to scream NOOOOO! :D I get it though, they're young and not tired of it yet or don't know what snow is really like or something. *shrugs*

I know, isn't that great? Anywhere there's sand now Sims can build sandcastles, I love it! :)

Aww, but she was just learning the craft. I'd give her a pass on that one. :)

I've seen NPCs running around Sulani in winter all bundled up and yes, they look ridiculous! :D

What!? Thrown away!? Why? That makes no sense whatsoever. If they can't resell them, why not donate them to people who can't afford nicer clothes or recycle them to make blankets, rugs or something, anything. Sheesh! What a waste.

LMAO!! Several of my male Sims wear speedos. I think they're sexy on the right Sim. They have to have the body for it though. For instance a speedo on Vlad is just...wrong. Ewwww! *turns green* I couldn't look at the screenshots in Maggie's Vlad bachelor contest where he was wearing one, just long enough to realize he was wearing one then it was a Friends TV show moment, "My eyes! My eyes!"

Oooo, Yay! First Chapter for Gen 5!
    Blue's disguise is absolutely gorgeous! I love those eyes on her, very pretty. I'm used to her alien look though. I'm glad you're using her true form.

Bel is such a little cutie patootie! :)

I think it would be cool if James ended up living long enough to see the twins as YA. Hopefully he'll at least get to see some grandchildren before he goes. Of course, he'll still see them as a ghost, but you get what I mean. :)

Love the careers these two get to have, especially Blue! The Scientist career is my favorite of all. :)

o.O Well bummer James doesn't like Blue yet. Hopefully that'll change at some point.

Hey, what a wonderful treat! Very cool Blue gets to work with some of her fellow former contestants! Hi Maralyn! I hope they become friends. :)

lol Um, Blue better watch out, seems that Maralyn is on to already with the klepto trait. Opps! o.O

Agreed, beautiful setting right there with the girls doing their homework. Great job landscaping! :)

Oh Geez first glance at Nathan and I thought it was James! They're wearing the same sweater. Why am I just now realizing that fact? lol

Those drones are so cute! I've yet to try one in my game. I haven't tried a lot of things in that pack yet. I still haven't done the Actor career. Love that John is blue to match Blue. :)

I personally love the Moschino wallpaper, or maybe that's a Get Famous one? Not sure. Anyway, I haven't tried that particular shade yet, but I think it looks very elegant. :)

The ghosts probably broke the hot tub. I watched a Let's Play by James Turner and his ghosts kept breaking the one he had with a roof too.

Aww, let the old handsome geezer have some fun before he dies! If he freezes to death, at least he'll have gone out having fun, right? ;) Painting is probably better though, I guess. Keeps him around longer anyway. :D

Tempy looks pretty good as an elder eh? So weird she changed her top though. I've never had an elder do that when they aged up.

You just love tempting fate eh? lol

What the...? Violet just walked right in? Is she Blue's Stan?

Congrats on completing another collection! Go you! *clap clap clap* :)

Great first chapter! Have a great morning! <3
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MaggieMarley
    Ah yeah, I've had this problem, too. I guess that's why Sophie didn't get a job :sweat_smile:

It kinda looks cute imo :p Like an older (not old!) woman with a bit of chubby cheeks :D

Of course she had to get a blue drone :D I'm not a monster :pYes I am.

I'm so happy it works. Or else it would be a bit hard :sweat_smile: Blue is close to being a 3-star celebrity by now. I didn't take screenshots of the notifications like you do :sweat_smile:

Right now I have 8 sims in the household :sweat_smile: But I guess when the twins move out and Tempy and James turn to ghosts (see how nice I am? I didn't say "kick the bucket" :D ) then there'll be 4 empty slots for alien babies >:) I honestly hope for it to happen :D I'm not sure if I would make them eligible for heir/ess. They would be allowed according to the succession laws but it would be sad to not have Blue's genes in the next generations :/

I don't think James will get alien babies. I'm not sure if he'll survive the day the twins will move out :# He still got tons of days left but who knows...

It was done by the game :) Loved to see them again :)

Thanks for answering the questions already ^^ And yes, I use the give gift option from Seasons @SimmerOfAges

@Karababy52
    Tiny steps are better than no steps at all! I hope you'll get your money soon :)

I love the small tomatoes :D If they're lying around in the kitchen I eat them like a vacuum cleaner :D:D

My Le Tentation restaurant is not a seafood restaurant tho :p So why does the receptionist there do it all the time? It makes no sense so I hate it lol

But do I love Sophie more than I hate lag? :D

But in cold weather you can wear huge sweaters and comfy clothes when you're cold. In hot weather you can only go full naked but then it's still too hot :joy: And I bet the ocean in Sulani isn't much helpt to cool down either :joy: I hate snow, too, but I can deal with cold better than with heat.

It's so cool! Sandcastles all around Oasis Springs lol

You wouldn't give her a pass if you saw the green stinky puke all over the house :| As soon as you cleaned up one puddle there were 5 new ones :joy:

That's the common thing it seems. I know 2 people who can't pay in 2 online shops using the bill option (they would have to pay in advance now) because they sent back too many clothes in a certain amount of time. It's a huge loss for those sites when you send stuff back...

The speedo on Vlad is perfect to make him look hidious :D:D
    Her big eyes make her look like a doll, so cute! I will play with her alien form most of the time tho. :)

James has a lot of extra days from his Bodybuilder aspiration and from maxing the fitness skill. He might live long enough to see the twins as YA :) And as Roger and Blue are young adults already he'll for sure see grandkids :)

It's only the second time I play the scientist career but you're right, it's awesome! :D

I have no idea why he is in the red with her. They didn't interact much since he has met her at the bachelor mansion.

There are tasks that make Blue interact with the former contestants at work. They will end up as friends for sure ^^

Thank you :) Landscaping is usually the part I hate when I build as I struggle to get it to look nice. But this time I'm happy with it.

They wear the same sweater? How could I miss that? :joy:

Drones are so cute and really handy to get your sim to fame asap :D Highly recommend using them :p

It's Moschino :) It's a bit dark but the gold parts in it make it look sooo cool!

Ah yeah, how could I forget about the ghosts breaking stuff? :joy: My thought was the rain made it break like electronic devices break in the rain.

I don't want James to freeze to death. He needs to see his twins as young adults :p

Tempy has a few wrinkles but they're almost invisible on the blue skin. And the top thing is totally weird. First time for me, too!

I got the typical notification that new celebrities get from aquaintances going like "Heeey, I heard you're on the road to fame now. Remember me? Yes, we're besties, aren't we?!" but this time Violet just suddenly walked through the front door as if she lived there :joy:

I think I need one more collection to score another point :) Maybe I'll have the twins go through the trash can a bit to find that last void critter card :p

Have a great day! <3
    @MaggieMarley @Karababy52

I promised you two to show you your sims' offspring. And here are the CAS pictures. I changed nothing about them but their age to look at them.

Cam and Kevin Straud's kids:

Dayton
    aadXGTX.png
    IQGgiya.png

Blake
    sSiGdw0.png
    DcxYXE8.png

Tia
    vjWOnLs.png
    kuEKdQ3.png

Maralyn and Elisha Najera's kids: (Elisha is a blue alien with green hair btw :D )

Emory
    LgwXkPD.png
    E1Oj0ek.png

Karson
    o6TFC9j.png
    AQVHYQd.png

The only other former contestant to have a baby so far is Kiley :) If you want to see your sims' offspring, just let me know and I'll try to show you screenshots (like above) asap :) This goes for all sims of course ^^
    edited June 2020
    @Queenarella
    wow almost three stars already?! I started ages ago with Caly and she only just got to 4 in my game (I've played ahead)!

It might be cool to have a full alien heir though - and maybe you'd even get a purple alien baby! I hope Blue also makes Roger some cute kids - I feel worried in case her genetics turn out to be bad lol.

Oh you don't think James will survive that long? I don't remember how much extra time you said he had but it was a lot wasn't it? Maybe he might just make it.... I once had an elder abducted by aliens when he was right at the end of his age bar. He keeled over and died almost straight after giving birth to an alien baby :D
    Thank you so much for the pictures! Cam and Kevin's genetics seem to go really well together, they are all good looking imo even if they do still have the 'Straud' eyes. Especially like Tia and Dayton!

Oh and Maralyn unsurprisingly made stunning kids!

@Karababy52 I'm so sorry for traumatising you with Vlad's speedos :D I blame whoever dressed him (he comes with that swimwear but I thought it was funny so I kept them!)
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
    @Queenarella
    My Great-Grandmother loved them too, she'd pluck and eat them straight from the garden sometimes. Hubby likes them as well. I can take or leave them. *shrugs*

It isn't? Why was I under the impression that it was? Opps! o.O

Only you can answer that question. ;)

I think we need to agree to disagree on the hot/cold weather issue. I'll always like hot weather more than cold no matter what reasons anyone can give to the opposite. Good try though! :)

Ugh, good point! That would bite big time. *barf*

Wow, I had no idea. Good thing I've never sent anything back yet. I've taken stuff back to the store though a few times. :|
    They do, so cute!

Yay for James! I'm so glad you decided to have him get the Body Builder aspiration complete. <3

Oh good, I'm glad you like the Scientist career. :)

Must be the finding out she's an alien thing. So weird.

Great news! I was hoping they'd all end up friends besides just co-workers.

You're welcome, you should be happy with it, looks great! :)

Yep, don't know how I just now noticed too.

I'll try using one when I finally try the actor career. So far, I've only created one celebrity to play. I have Adam too, of course, but I don't play with him. He's free to roam about flaunting his greatness wherever he goes. <3

It is Moschino, okay, cool. I love it! :)

Nope, I don't think that hot tub can break in the weather since it has a roof. Had to be the ghosts.

Oh I don't either, obviously. I was just being silly. lol

She's such a pretty Sim anyway, doesn't surprise me she's still gorgeous as an elder. :)

Ohhhh, okay. I've heard that can happen with celebrities. My singer, Marty McCoy got those phone calls too. They would come over, but didn't waltz inside since I always keep my Sims doors locked. I only unlock them for visitors they want to come inside. Especially in Sulani, The neighbors think nothing about coming over, using your stuff, eating your food, then when they leave in a wake of empty water glasses saying, "I should be going now. Thanks for hanging out with me" like they were invited. Pfft...

Good luck finding that last Void critter card! Do your creator proud Bel and Mary! :)

Thank you SO much for showing Maralyn's two boys, they're so handsome! I think Karson is my favorite though. I literally laughed out loud when I read her Hubby is a blue alien with green hair. :D

LOL No worries @MaggieMarley about Vlad and his teeny weeny zebra speedo, not your fault. I can see why you'd think it was funny though, even if it could make one go blind if they looked at him like that for too long. ;) Thanks about Maralyn's boys too! Cam and Kevin's kids turned out pretty good as well. I think Tia is my favorite. :)

Have a good one! <3
    @MaggieMarley
    I played yesterday and Blue now has 3 stars :p I gave her the perk where she can donate stuff and gain fame. Should be 5 stars soon :p I have no idea tho why Blue gets famous faster than Caly...

The few times I've had an alien pregnancy they ALWAYS turned out green :D Purple or the dark blue would be so cool tho. Now I hope Roger gets abducted :p Their first kid is a toddler now so I could check their young adult form. The kid looks unique :sweat_smile: I don't mind that tho :P So don't feel bad about it ^^ (I think it's Roger's genetics anyway)

I checked yesterday. I know when he'll die but I won't tell you :p Just one hint: he won't be able to get an alien baby. The thing is, Tempy got pregnant with the twins when James had like 2 adult days left. They're kids in the chapters right now so you can count how long he's lived so far ^^

Tia is sooooo pretty! And see what I meant with the eyes in my game because of the meteor eyes? Vlad's tiny eyes don't look too weird with them :)

@Karababy52
    But only the small oval ones :p Big tomatoes taste differently and not as good.

It's experimental food only :) Thus the name ^^

Yeah, I know people who just can't get warm enough in winter so they prefer the heat way more ^^ I hate winter but not the cold ^^

I'm not sure if the same happens at the store. But there was a documentary on tv about a company that repairs and washes sent back clothes and I was like "that's not the norm?!" and it's actually not :#
    I saw James and felt like it would be perfect for him. No idea why tho ^^ Maybe his active trait?

I had my first abduction yesterday in game ^^ I hope there will be more and the right sims at the right time ;)

The last famous sim I play was Veronica :joy: As James sells his paintings he earned one star, too. :p

Oh no, the hot tub doesn't have a roof (not the newly added one) but there's a huge roof over the patio where it stands :D

I checked the top issue now. Turns out the crop top sweater from Tiny Living is not available for elders. Shame! I want to see their wrinkly bellies :p

I should lock the doors, too. I have locked the outdoor gates now so no townies can walk through the house and out the backyard gate to get past my house! Happens on the 50x50 lot in Willow Creek almost all the time! I hate it so much :D

I tried it with Bel but she didn't find anything... :/ And now they're teens :p I'm soooo curious to see how you all like their styles B) Took me like an hour to pick them :D

Handsome boys! Who knows if there won't be a third child. MCCC allows unplayed households up to 3 kids :) I didn't know he was an alien until I went into CAS and saw him without his disguise :p He doesn't have red hair tho so no idea where the oldest son got it from...

Have a great day! <3
    And the new chapter of the day:

Chapter 5.2
    @Queenarella
    La Tentation? I thought that meant something like temptation, as in come eat our temptingly delicious food. :D

Too bad it's not the norm, such a waste of fabric. :(

Active Sims are perfect for doing the Body Builder aspiration, they love to exercise. :)

o.O Oh boy, it'll be interesting to find out who got abducted. I will laugh so hard if it's James! Especially if he comes back with a little alien bun in the oven. :D

I turned fame off in most of my games unless I'm trying to make a Sim famous. But so far, only tried that once. Otherwise they all step out of the spotlight by default.

Ohhh, okay. Well dang, it's gotta be the ghosts then, they can't break from the weather if it's under a roof.

What? o.O There's actual clothes elders can't wear? I thought teen, YA, Adult and Elder Sims all shared the same wardrobe. I didn't know that. Interesting...

So do I! I had to put a locked gate on either side of the new restaurant I'm building for my Sim in Sulani just for that reason. It has a wraparound porch with tables at the back accessible by archways inside. If I didn't gate the porch, they could just walk around and go inside that way. They're sneaky! I'll of course unlock them when the restaurant is actually open though.

Bummer. Maybe Blue and Roger's kids can find that last card for you. I'm so curious to see what Bel & Mary look like as teens! :)

Cool, maybe she will have three. Interesting about the red hair, I wonder if it's because he has green hair and the game got confused or something? Hmmm...

Current Chapter Comments:
    Sheesh, again with the hot tub? I wouldn't fix it either, I'd just get rid of it or upgrade it to be unbreakable if that's possible.

Uh oh, Blue didn't wipe Roger's memory did she? I've read aliens tend to do that sometimes. o.O

HAHA The short skirt/butt comment! You're hilarious! Hope James paints a freezer bunny for you soon. :)

Yay! \o/ They're engaged. <3

I knew Barbarella would love Blue. A fellow Sixam to talk about home with and have secret handshakes, etc.

Congrats on completing the elements collection! :)

Wow, he does look sunburnt rather than tan, so red. Huh, must be because he has darker skin or something. So cute how Tempy wanted to be near him. :)

Did Tempy just tell James to break his neck? o.O Is she getting tired of having him around or something? I know what she actually meant, just being silly. :p

Pfft, cleaner bot. I've read those things are worthless. At least the one James Turner had in his DU LP was worthless, the thing rarely cleaned anything. All it did was just hover around until it broke. I hope Roger's is better at it.

Oh, Double Yay! \o/ \o/ Elopement time! No big wedding though. BOOOO! *cries* lol Oh well...

Very nice Maralyn let Blue have her DNA. They must be pretty good friends. That's usually the only way my Scientists get anyone to agree. :)

I'm amazed at how good James looks as an elder. Except for the gray hair, a few wrinkles and the slightly saggy breasts, you'd never know he was an elder, still looks so fit! I mean, look at those arms, tummy and legs!

Have a great rest of your day! <3
    @Karababy52
    Yes it is, like "be tempted to try new food" :D

Active sims can be a pain as edlers tho. I locked the gym for James and Tempy as they always want to exercise but that's too risky now.

There are 8 sims in the household so no alien nooboo for a while :p Abductions will get interesting after the twins moved out - or the elders passed away :#

I use this option "quit spotlight" a lot, too. It's annoying when a sim gets famous without your intention and then gets sad when they lose their one star.

It must be the ghosts. They break everything. All. The. Time :D

It's totally new to me, too! But this one sweater is not available for elders...

For me it was usually the postman or postwoman. Instead of walking away the way they came they went through the house and the backyard -.-

One day the last card will be found. By whoever :D

You'll find out in chapter 5.4 :p So only next Monday.

There's a chance she might get a third child :) Hm, I think aliens and their hair are a bit bugged. Remember the different hair colors in gen 3? :D
    Hm, I think I might upgrade it at some point. For now the family has this stinky pot called "hot tub" on their patio :joy:

No, she didn't wipe his memory. It was a different thing. Nothing bad ^^ I think something like "read emotions" or similar :D

I want the freezer bunny picture we've talked about :p It's cute and I want it. No luck so far.

Thank you :) I sent tons of crystalls to the geo counsil to get the final 2 elements. It worked.

James' skin looks really red with a tan. It lasts super long, too :D

Nah, she's not tired of him :) She'll never be :p

The cleaner bot cleans the repair piles and puddles. That's a big plus for me as I leave those around most of the time :D What's really bad about bots is, when they run out of power they just drop and you have to search them :D

I didn't feel like throwing a big wedding party :joy: And Roger has only like 10 days to adulthood left :# AND I mustn't forget to make them take a photo for the crypt (and the point) before he is an adult.

Back then they weren't even friends yet. Later when I tried to do it again no one let Blue take their DNA. Not even her friend Violet :D Violet was the first to be her friend.

You don't think the legs look weird? They're sticks compared to his non-elder form :p

Have a great day! <3
    @Queenarella
    Ah, okay, cool. :)

That's true, I had to do that when Don aged up to an elder in my Drifter challenge. I'm sure he would've only lasted a day at most if I hadn't because that's ALL he wanted to do, run on the treadmill, box and lift weights practically 24/7. o.O

Oh boy, be prepared for Blue to get abducted a lot! Unless you have her build a duplicate satellite for home and set it to 'prevent abductions.' Others in the family will too, obviously. I wonder why they made it so only males could come back preggers. Because it's unusual and funny? One will never know I guess, the Devs have never said why or if they have I missed it. :D

Aw, I didn't know they got sad because of losing a star. The one celebrity I had just kept rising, not declining. That would be annoying, logical, but annoying.

That's just so weird. I wonder if they just forgot to code it for elders or if there is other clothing they can't wear.

Had the mail lady walk through my house to deliver the mail too, but only those that lived on the island in Windenburg for some reason. Everywhere else they don't do that. With other houses the only place Sims just walk in on there own is in Sulani if you forget to lock your doors. :D

Excellent, only three days away! :)

Yup, I've heard that and I remember. There's also that face bug that Maggie talked about with aliens. Honestly, I didn't think she looked bad at all with a bigger chin. But then, I'm biased toward Sims having a bigger chin, I can't stand when Sims age up with NO chin. o.O
    Good idea!

Ah, okay, that's cool. I've also read they can "empathize" the emotions of other Sims, in other words get the emotion the Sim they scan is currently feeling. That could come in handy. :)

Good luck getting that painting. I haven't seen my Sims paint it in awhile either. I think it's kind of rare. :/

Oh good, I'm glad it at least does something for you. Be careful with John too. I've read of numerous Sims who lose their drones. Of course that's when they send them out on their own in the world and while gone, they lose power and never come back. Sometimes you can find them though.

No worries, I was just teasing anyway. Big weddings can be a big hassle, I rarely throw them. You're still going to take a photo of them though for the crypt, right?

Huh, well that's weird. I must've just been unlucky with my Scientists asking for DNA from co-workers that weren't friends yet. Strange they wouldn't when they were friends later. Maybe the co-workers were just in a bad mood or perhaps Blue was?

Well yeah, they are a little bit (a lot) smaller than they were, but I wouldn't call them sticks and at least there's some muscle there. Most elders have sticks and no muscles. :D

I had an okay day, at least the weather was gorgeous and Hubby got his check! Next few days though will be incredibly hot and humid. I love hot weather, but not high humidity. o.O Anyway, hope you have a great morning and rest of your day when you get up! <3
    @Karababy52
    It's like elders are even more drawn towards the exercise devices :D Or more like "killing machines" :D

Hasn't it been like this since the first iteration? That only men can come back pregnant? I honestly love it ^^

Kaden got one star and lost it and earned it again and lost it again and was done a lot :# It's really annoying! Even Veronica lost her fifth star and I couldn't stand that so I made her get it back :D

I can see that it was just forgotten to be coded in. Why suddenly do this anyway? I can't see this being done on purpose.

And it happens on the 50x50 lot in Willow Creek :p The one lot where I play all the time :D

Oh gosh, yes, Sulani. So annoying that they just enter your house. But now we have the shoo away option B)

Uh, how did you count the days that you get 3 days left until Monday? For me it's 4 days :D And if you count today, then even 5 ^^

Well, I don't mind the bug either. Blue is still pretty - from what I saw on Maggie's screenshot - because the chin is only a bit bigger. You notice it but it's not bad. No chin like Evie Delgato is worse, true :D But if a female sim ended up with Brian's chin, oh boy :joy:
    I think that was the interaction Blue pulled on Roger ^^ It said something with emotions :D

It is super rare, it seems. It's a medium size and in the classic section, isn't it? I tried to google all paintings you can get but no page listed it :#

Are you a psychic or something? :D Because something will happen to John... :| And also to the cleaner bot :joy: At least I think something happened to the cleaner bot as I searched the whole lot and couldn't find it anywhere... But I found a pile of broken stuff next to the rocket :joy: I guess the cleaner bot was struck by lightning.

Yes of course. I need the photo, not only for the crypt but also for another point :)

I have no idea what happened then. Maybe she shouldn't be like "Hey, I'm here. Gimme your DNA!" :D

With his still broad and muscular upper body his legs look like sticks to me :p Or maybe he forgot leg day :D:D

Oh no! Humid weather is the worst :s Here it's raining again. Yay -.- Have a nice day! <3
    @Queenarella
    Killing machines is a perfect description! :D

I don't know, probably. I had many Sims abducted in TS2, but none of them came back preggers. I think it's funny too, I just wish the females could get preggers, and aliens. :)

Ugh, so glad I turned that off in most gameplay, that would be so frustrating!

It was definitely an oversight on their part. I'm sure it'll be fixed at some point.

I think I've only played that particular lot once, for my Time Lord challenge. Never had anyone walk through the TARDIS. But, it was underground so I'm sure that was a factor. :)

Three as in Friday, Saturday, Sunday and then the next chapter is Monday so you can't count that day in the total. I wasn't counting today either, maybe I should have. I'll amend that to say four days, but certainly not five in my opinion. It's actually three now though. :D

Or Roger's, they both have big, square chins. Melina actually has it a little too, but it's just subtle enough she's still beautiful! :)
    Yes, it's a medium Classic painting. I've had tons of painters and I've only gotten it three times! Very rare! o.O

Actually, I do have a little psychic ability, if you believe in that sort've stuff (I do). Anyway, bummer about John, I hope it's nothing too serious. Oh no! I bet you're right about the cleaner bot. I've read in threads lightening seems to have increased substantially since the last patch.

lol You're so funny with the gimme your DNA and leg day comments! Love it! :D

Gah! More rain? Sheesh, you can't get a break lately eh? Hope today was better! <3
    @Karababy52
    For elders it is ^^

Whenever an alien is abducted I just tell myself it's their parents wanting to talk to their child again after a while :joy: "You haven't called in ages so we had to abduct you!" :D

I try to turn it off for most sims, too, but I usually forget. Just like I usually forget to give the new kids an umbrella :D

It'll only be fixed if they're notified about it. I have no idea if others have noticed it, too. And I don't feel like reporting it :D

The sims only walk through the ground floor ^^

When you wake up the third time from now it should be there :p Or come soon after :D

Brian's chin is broader than Roger's tho. Or maybe the blue skin makes it look smaller ^^
    I had him paint this many many times but no luck so far. I'll try again and again and again ^^

John will be fine :) He will get a ... let's say a "new job" :D I have no idea if it was lightening. I think I would remember it as the complete household would have been tense but they weren't :sweat_smile:

As we would say in German: I just add my mustard :joy: Meaning: I just have to give my opinion to everything, no matter if it's my business or not :p

Yeah... I've heard that the bad weather seems to be a result from lockdown? Some say that's what June weather was like many years ago. I'm used to suffer from heat starting in middle of May and we're almost done with June now :# And no suffering so far. One day was 27 degrees and it was enough for me to get a sunburn but... That was one day. And 27 is not hot. Imo :D

It looks a bit sunnier today but not really warm ^^ Have a nice day! <3

Will post the new chapter as soon as I write it :)
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    I can see that I've lost two whole sections so my comments refer to both.
    Blue has started in the science career ... It is so nice to see the old participants ... now as colleagues B)
    Violet !? She is an orphan so maybe we should bear with her lack of upbringing :/

Blue got a new blue admirer... a drone called John :)

Tempy got older ... and lost her beautiful yellow blouse :/

I like Blue and Roger seems to agree ... though she has her own interpretation of a pleasant conversation :joy:

James and Tempy seem to enjoy life and summer. There are so many nice pictures that confirm this <3

The two Aliens Blue and Barbarella were presented to each other.
    I love that Barbarella first destroys the toilet and bathtub and then gets frustrated with the mess ... it's so stupid, but it allows Blue to rise her fixer skill quickly :lol:

Wedding!? Now that the formalities are in order, new goals are opening ... Nooboos <3
    And here is the new chapter!

Chapter 5.3
    @MonaSolstraale Love your new avi! :love:
    It was a nice surprise to see them again :)

Nah, Violet is fine :) Can happen to the best of us :D

Admirer or more like stalker :p

I change the jacket in chapter 4. It won't be the same but at least another yellow top :)

There are even more funny pictures about the two in the new chapter ^^

Nooboos <3
    I forgot about the perk which lets you gain fame by donating stuff. Gotta give that to Caly ASAP!

The weird thing about alien abductions is that there is only one 'pollinator' per game. That means you can have a sim get abducted by aliens and come back pregnant with an alien baby... And the baby can get abducted when it's an adult and (if it is a boy) get 'pollinated' - BY HIS OWN MOTHER! That means if he gets pregnant the baby's mother will also be its grandmother. Incest much?

Oh no unique doesn't sound good :D I hope they at least have one good looking kid!

You're right about the eyes! I almost didn't notice they inherited Vlad's eyes :)
    Really enjoyed the past two chapters!

So exciting to see the first baby born, Rose is a lovely name :)

Unfortunately Blue and Roger won't have any blue kids because when an alien and a non alien try for a baby the baby will always inherit the alien parent's skin colour :( . I forgot about that when writing Blue's bio!

Also I had no idea you could put soap on the water slide :o
    @MaggieMarley
    The perk helps so much! You need money to buy the stuff you want to donate tho :D

WHAT?! I didn't know about this. This is... there's no word to describe this mess :D It feels worse than incest :s

To be fair, when I checked on Tempy and Cam I thought they weren't good-looking either :D Make up and lashes and hair can change a lot :)

The eyes are still smaller than normal eyes. Amy had such small eyes, too ^^
    I had a long list of names for her but I decided on Rose. It sounded the cutest :) And there'll be a little extra as a toddler that goes well with the name ^^

That's ok. You already told me about this but I just wanted to add it to the story for Blue ^^ Maybe Roger will get abducted and there will be a real alien baby then ^^

I totally forgot about it and for some weird reason the option is not always available. But it's so much fun :D
    edited June 2020
    Yeah I don't like the whole 'aliens being abducted and impregnated by their own mothers' thing either. Big oversight by the team. To get round it I use MCCC to unhide the pollinator's household. Then I delete her in manage households. That forces the game to make a new pollinator for future abductions.

I think Tempy and Cam are pretty! So I hope Rose turns out good after all :)
    I really hope that Roger gets abducted and has a purple baby!

Would be funny if he was abducted and had a blue baby though. Blue would probably love it more than her biological non blue children lol
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    @MonaSolstraale Love your new avi! :love:
    Thanks <3
    Keoni's son has inherited his yellow eyes ...and I loved them...
    Unfortunately, they were changed by the game when his two smaller siblings celebrated their birthday ... Why!!!? :#:heartbreak:

Even though I changed them in CAS they turned blue, green or brown when I went into the game again :s
    I got so frustrated that I left the game twice without saving... :/
    I tried using an older saved...
    When it repeated the third time, I resigned and I've forced Keanu to wear sunglasses until he becomes a teenager ...
    I get so mad every time I see his "human" eyes :rage:

In the picture you can see the whole family. Kassandra's brother has moved in to prevent me from being tempted to make more babies ...
    Now Keoni's cat is dead and the twins have grown into children so I'm tempted once again :joy:
    vmDjfJWl.png

There was a lot of fun and madness in this chapter
    I almost never use the water slide and I've never tried to use soap
    The craziest thing was that it didn't disappear again :lol:

Violet! :|

It was so nice to see Sunshine again :smiley:
    ... even though she looked somewhat frustrated. Maybe she didn't like the cleaner bot :|

Your humor!!! :dizzy: ......You almost knocked the air out of me when Blue gave birth :lol:

Nice to see Rose .... maybe she grows somewhat more special :)
    Flower names are beautiful ... but are there any male flower names?
    I might think of two or three in Danish if I include trees to the list
    Exciting to see what happens :)

@Queenarella
    Aw, I love that! Great way to think about aliens getting abducted. :)

Easy to forget if you don't start with a custom template save like I do, it's always turned off unless I turn it on. :) I rarely give any of my Sims an umbrella. Some of the patterns are really cute, I like that about them. Otherwise, they're so glitchy! I usually just get them the Waterproof reward trait. :) It's frustrating when they need to garden or fish and they're constantly opening, closing, opening, closing that darn umbrella!

Fair enough, it's just one sweater I guess. Maybe they'll notice themselves. At least the Devs that actually play the game.

Joke's on me! I see you actually posted a chapter today! lol (comments below)

I know what John's 'new' job is now. :)

LOL We have a 'mustard' saying here too, "He can't cut the mustard." It means he can't do the job, or he's not up to the task, etc., so a bit different than what yours means. :D

What!? Because of the lockdown? o.O That makes absolutely NO sense. Whoever said that is delusional. Only God can control the weather. Do they think God made us have bad weather because of the lockdown or something? Because that would be equally ridiculous. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant though. :|

And, below is comments on the surprise bonus chapter! Yay!
    Ohhhh, so that's what happened to John. Glad he's still around and Hello Linda! :)

Hello Maralyn too! Aw, I wish Blue had gotten her wish. Maybe the next baby will be Blue. (I've read ahead) ;)

Sheesh, I wonder why Violet felt it necessary to do that to Blue, a fellow alien. You'd think they'd save that interaction just for regular Sims. :D

Aw, be still my heart. I adore that screenshot of Brian hugging James. So, so sweet. He looks really cute too! <3

Bubbles! I'm so glad the elders get to have so much fun! Weird how the bubbles don't go away right away though. How long did they have them?

Uh, why is Roger partially green? Does he have a tan and that's what it looks like? Or is it just the lighting?

Yay! Sunshine finally came up to say Hello! So good to see her there. <3

Blue sure is obsessed with blue. hehe

Very cool sandbox area. The girls seem to enjoy it. :)

lol Why would Mary think James was dying just because he's staring at a doll? Kids can be so weird sometimes. :D

Okay, I see what you mean about the stick legs on James now. I still think he looks pretty darn good for an elder though. :)

Welcome baby Rose! Love the new theme! I used that theme in my 100 Baby Challenge. :) Annnd, congrats on the new baby(s) on the way!

Aw, I don't think I've ever missed when any of mine have been hit by lightening. But I don't have as many Sims in the house as you do, so a bit easier to keep track of everyone. :)

Great chapter! Thanks for posting a bonus one for all of us! Have a great rest of your weekend! <3
    @MaggieMarley
    You have to unhide her first? :o Good to know, I'll do this in case there will be alien babies.

A makeover can change a lot. When Tempy was a toddler and I peaked at her young adult form I was like "what the..." but now I think she's pretty. In her own way but pretty :) And Cam only has small eyes so she's not that bad either :D

I found out there's a dark blue alien color, too! I want that. Tho the few alien babies I've had in my game were all green.

I can see that, too :joy: Blue is a lovely sim and not mean or evil at all. But she would love a blue baby more than her own non-blue kids :joy:
    Reverse Cinderella :joy:

@MonaSolstraale I didn't even notice the yellow eyes at first :sweat_smile:
    The game can be rude and weird sometimes :/

Sunglasses are a nice solution for the mistake the game made! :)

4 kids are not too many imo :p Try 10 and you'll think of 4 kids as few kids :D
    I think the bubbles are meant to stay on the sims for a while ^^

Sunshine didn't like the mess Roger made by fixing all the stuff. The cleaner bot was a bit slow to clean up after him :D

I don't know any male flower names that's why I added the plant part ^^ I think I'll name the girls after flowers and the boys after plants that sound kinda male. Like maybe Glover :D

@Karababy52
    That's what I always thought the three or four times Sophie was abducted :D Barbarella's side wanted to meet her.

Maybe I should use the reward traits more often :D There are maybe 2 I have used more than once: the fertility one and the skill booster. Oh and a third one: the promotion booster :D

Aren't there a lot of devs that play the game?

Yeah it sounds different :) But it's cool, too ^^

No it makes sense. Europe has way less pollution due to the lockdown which has an impact on the weather :)

Wait, why surprise bonus chapter? It was the usual Friday chapter :sweat_smile: Today is Saturday, isn't it?
    I was scared John would be lost! But he's still at the lab :)

Blue can't have blue babies. Maggie explained it to me. Alien babies can only inherit the alien's skin and as that's Blue the kids will all have her fair skin color. But that's fine. Roger can still get abducted lol

I have no idea. It was weird timing, too. They were talking in the group and boom mind reading thingy :D Maybe she should have used the secret handshake instead B)

Aw, you love Brian so much ^^ He's an adorable weirdo.

Hm, I think it took about 4 sim hours for the bubbles to go away. So a normal moodlet time. Maybe that's normal?

Where is Roger green? I think it's just the lighting.

Sunshine comes up more frequently now. :) She's always red tho as she ALWAYS goes to the bathroom that has a borken application :joy:

Maybe Mary thought James was looking into the distance ^^

True, despite the stick legs James is one of the best looking elders ever B)

The name theme is cute but it's a bit hard to find names for boys with it :sweat_smile:

At the time of this chapter there were 7 sims in the household :D But this seems to be my normal by now ^^

Have a great weekend, too! <3