Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella
    HAHA Well that would be one way to get the ghosts you need. But you won't have to worry about them stealing your stuff now since you turned NAPs off. You should be good to go until they fix the darn things. :)

True, that's never fun to watch either and very nerve wracking for the speech giver. I took a speech class in high school and one of the worst things you could do was just stand there like a statue and not make eye contact. Speaking in a monotone was discouraged as well.

All the cats/dogs I've had in my game I created myself. I should try adopting some time just to see what kind of selection comes up. Hmm, maybe Maralyn needs a cat when she moves into Evergreen Harbor. ;) Not right away though, she'll struggle to feed herself, let alone being able to take care of a cat too.

Like you said, they're cats, predators at heart like their wild ancestors. It's still a bummer when you see it happen. I've lost count the number of times the strays outside have done something like that.

There is a beret from CL that needs to be unlocked, but there's also a beret in EL that any of your Sims can wear! My contestant is wearing it as part of her cold weather outfit in that pic I PM'ed to you. :)

What were you planning to do with the kittens so you could have more to get the total you need? Sell them? Put them up for adoption? Give them to other families? All options. I'd personally set a venue with that lot trait and then send Rose there to make friends with the cats that will show up. Saves spots for her own babies one day doing it that way too. :)

Ugh! I wonder what the Devs were thinking when they gave that as a negative trait for celebrities. I can't imagine all celebrities act that way, or even enough to warrant thinking it's a good idea to include it. But then, I don't live in Hollywood, so maybe a lot of them are that way. *shrugs* However, I doubt they intended it to include family members/pets. That's got to be a bug/glitch.

It takes awhile for it to happen in my game, but it never did that before I got EL, like I said before, totally silent. I hope that's another thing they fix in a patch. Sheesh, soooo many bugs/glitches in this pack. I think it's the worst of all EPs as far as how many bugs upon release it has in it. The patch had a bunch of them too, but I blame EL for that too since it was a patch to help with things in EL.

You too, I'll be watching for it! <3
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @Karababy52 LOL You were too fast with answering :p I haven't even started the new chapter yet. I had to try to style my hair as I had it cut off yesterday. Like 1/3 of it :sweat_smile:
    At least I think I've turned it off. Do you have to do this in every save or only once? Because I think I turned it off in the Paradise Lost save :| And if not, ghosts >:)

As a teacher it is important to move around in the classroom, too. Basically all the speech "rules" apply to teachers. We get trained on this quite well tho :)

Same for me unless for one time. I think the cat or dog grew up to look super weird and from then on I only created pets in CAS and added them to the household. Maybe the weird breeds were fixed and the pets from the adoption option (it rhymes thehe) look more normal now :)

For whatever reason I don't mind the "gifts" in form of mice or birds but I kinda saw these baby birds grow up (more like heard them because the nest was hidden really well!) and seeing them die so young was such a bummer :/

The beret from EL is in the trailer, isn't it? On the girl that kinda shows the new pack ^^

Yes and yes. The first pair were kinda like test dummies :D I sold one and put the other up for adoption. The friendship count of the aspiration didn't count the two afterwards anymore :( Freya might be expecting again but if it didn't work again I'll just send Rose to Brindelton Bay over and over again. She "only" needs 10 more pet friends :D

Maybe those old-time Hollywood divas would have that trait but only figuratively, like they're untouchable as in there's so much distance between those stars and us normies that we can't touch them :D If that makes any sense at all lol It sure is another bug :joy: Let's not count all the bugs we have or we might need a drink to cope with the high number :joy:

Hm, I guess the reason why there are more bugs this time is because the devs probably had to do all this from home and couldn't work together on it. Maybe? :sweat_smile:

Off to write the chapter. Now for real lol
  • Options
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Awww kittens! So cute <3 also love the names Honey and Nougat.

I have to admit I am kinda disappointed with pet genetics in TS4. Puppies and kittens always seem to inherit either one parent's coat colour/pattern or the other parent'coat colour/pattern. They can't inherit a mix if the two coat colours/patterns. It would be cool if a black cat and a white cat could have black and white kittens, for example. Also, kittens/puppies always seem to inherit the whole body type of one parent and nothing from the other parent's body type. I wish that a kitten could inherit e.g. one parent's nose and body shape and the other parent's ears and tail.

Aww no it's annoying that your plan with the kittens didn't work out! Maybe if you had moved the kittens out and I to anothe household using manage households they would have still counted in the friendship total?

It must be so annoying to have to keep strengthening the ghost's connection to the world. If only there was a way that you could make sure they would permanently stay around without having to keep strengthening the connection. I'm worried I will forget when I have ghosts in my game!

Roger's an elder! The silver hair looks kinda nice with his blue skin.

Congrats on completing the space rocks collection!
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited July 2020
    More cat spam ...
    ..... and kittens <3<3
    I understand Rosa is grieving ... how can you adopt them away :open_mouth:
    Maybe you could let the next kittens move in with the neighbors .... that's how Rosa can maintain the friendship with them ;)

It is good Roger strengthened the the ghosts connection to the house in time.... Imagine if we were not going to meet them again :'(

I can not understand Roger is already old and gray? :/
    Where did the time go? .....Hard work and collecting spacestones .... Congratulations on your 11th collection :) ... you are really tough for collections B)
    (There we have the explanation for Roger and Blue's absence from the family :lol: )

.... and the Butler? He is hopeless :dizzy::joy::joy:
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I love how one of the cats (not sure it’s name...Freyja? Hid from the storm! Omg...I’m going to play them now.

Roger is a silver fox! :bawling:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    Yes, you'll need to turn it off for every save unless you have a custom template like I do to start every new save. I turned it off in that and now by default NPC voting is off. But I had to manually do it for saves I've already played or are currently playing before I got the pack.

It was most likely a glitch/bug that was fixed at some point.

Understandable. The gifts are 'anonymous', whereas, you 'knew' the baby birds or rather, knew of them. It's somewhat similar to what's been happening to four Muscovy ducks that just showed up on our property one day. Nobody seemed to own them, I think they are feral. We kept trying to chase them off because they were making a mess on our deck. But they kept coming back. One by one, they were killed by either cars or coyotes/fox until there is now just one left. I feel sorry for the poor thing and have stopped chasing it away. Especially after I discovered she'd laid an egg in the dog house. What makes it especially sad is I heard raccoons out there last night and this morning...the egg is all but gone except a few pieces of the shell. :'(

Oh, yes it is! I'd forgotten about that. I love it! Always wanted the one from CL, but haven't played with a Style Influencer or whatever the career is that has it as a reward.

Aww, well darn. Probably best to just give them to other families in the future so the friendship connection isn't lost if you decide to keep breeding them.

That's a very good explanation, it makes perfect sense. I hope the disgust quirk is fixed soon. In the meantime, there is a potion called 'Quirk B Gone' you could have Blue buy from the Rewards store if she has enough points. I think it's only around 500 pts., so not too expensive. :)

In my opinion you're exactly on point, I'm sure that's a major part in why there were so many this time.

Current Chapter:
    Cat fathers freak out too? That is adorable! Speaking of adorable, Honey and Nougat are so cute! Exact copies of Loki though. Too bad Pet genetics usually don't mix. Oh well...

I LOVE how pets will run to greet their favorite humans! I wish Sims kids would do that too like they used to in TS2.

Rose is me with kittens, I get obsessed with them. She looks so happy and delighted and then... *record scratch* Bye Bye babies. I know it had to happen, but it's still sad.

The coding on Butlers is so strange, I think they need an overhaul as well. So do Nannies! I've had a couple and they are just as strange if not worse! Usually they were elder males and they would flirt with the parents. One even did that while naked, then got offended when my Sims fired him on the spot and told him to leave. o.O The only female Nanny I had was a stalker. She got fired too for not doing her job, would rather take baths, with a drink in her hand and watch TV. After she was dismissed, she kept calling and coming over to the house constantly. Ugh!

Freya's eyes are so freaky, but strangely beautiful too!

Gah! So glad you checked the other urns when you got the message about Barbarella. That happened to me too! I wonder why you don't get messages for all of them that are in danger of being culled? The only reason I can think for that is maybe because they never met, didn't actually know them so they don't get the message? Seems plausible I guess.

Oh good Lord Kody! Where was he going to sleep? The lounge next to him? A floatie in the pool? Or, surely not backfloating? (probably that one) o.O

Happy elder Birthday Roger! He looks pretty good I think, what do you think?

Aww man, poor Freya! I bet that's why she inadvisably slept in the puddle by the toilet, too sick to realize it wasn't a good place to lie down. :(

So, so cute how Pets hide under stuff during thunderstorms. Mine have done this too. Here's poor Ziggy terrified under a bed:
    hKfIySI.png

I love this cat! He's so cute! He belonged to the Sims of a Free Will Challenge I was playing.

U0XeVXD.png

Congratulations on getting your 11th collection, the space rocks! \o/ Good job Roger! :)

Have a great weekend! <3
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    Honey was my idea and Nougat was game generated. At first I read it as nugget tho :joy:

It's the first time I have cats have kittens in the game so I have no idea how the genetics works there. But I think @TheYayToast has a cat (Wallace) that is a mix of both parents).

Yeah the move out using manage worlds is my last idea for this. If this doesn't work I'll have Rose roam Brindelton Bay :sweat_smile:

You get a notification that the spirit of a dead sim is fading away. So you still have time to strengthen their connection. But you're right, it is so annoying you have to keep doing this...

It feels so weird to see Roger as an elder. I wonder how long he'll live :sweat_smile: Yeah, the light grey is a nice contrast to the blue!

Thank you :) It hit me by surprise lol

@MonaSolstraale Cat spamming will be a big deal in the last chapter, too ^^ Last chapter of this generation and legacy part I mean ^^
    I have to do this. There are 8 sims in the house now and I need 12 furbaby friends for Rose :/

Yes, my final idea for this is to use manage world to move out the kittens. I really hope this will work out :sweat_smile: And there is lots of family in the save that'll care well for the kittens :)

My bathrooms would thank me tho :joy:

It feels like yesterday Roger was born :sweat_smile: An unexpected blue baby in the crib. Well, that's life.

Thank you :) Only 2 more to go and I don't need any more collections ^^

Kody is getting weirder and weirder. I might have to replace him with another butler. But what if that one is worse? o.O

@pammiechick It's Loki ^^ Cats are soooo cute in the game but they can be a pain, too.

Yeah, Roger is an old man now. And he doesn't have as many extra days as his dad had :# I bet he'll survive the bachelorette part tho ^^ (I turn off aging during it anyway)

@Karababy52
    Good to know, thank you! I'll do this as soon as I start the game :) I've read about a free love NAP and that sims run up and kiss your sim :joy: I'd kill those sims!

Oh no! That is so sad :'( I mean that's how nature works but it so hard to watch it :/

Wait, style influencer? Then why do I have it? :D I think you might also get it visiting one of the festivals? I've been to one or two with my legacy sims and they have extra t-shirts and I guess the hat comes from there, too.

It's my last resort but if not, there's still Brindelton Bay :sweat_smile:

Blue will definitely get this potion as the three quirks are super annoying after a while...

If that's the reason I can forgive the devs for all these bugs. They sure give their best but there are limits working from home.
    Loki totally freaked out :D Or he was just worried about Freya?

I think when the game came out there was a time the children ran up to their parents to hug them after work. It disappeared at some point tho.

I was just as down as Rose when I gae Honey and Nougat away :/ I could never do this in real life :sweat_smile:

Butlers, nannies and maids! Maids don't clean anymore -.- That's why I got Kody instead. He does why he got hired but he is a weirdo. Nannies are so bad that I always prefer day care! The toddlers even skill being there :)

Maybe I would have gotten a message for the others in a few sim days as they weren't as close to being culled as Barbarella? That's the only reason I can come up with :sweat_smile:

He sometimes stands outside by the lounges in excellent butler pose but only in his speedos :joy: No idea why he does that lol

My thought was he had a few wrinkles in the face but that's it :) I guess the Brennans have nice elder genetics lol

Oh that was Loki in the puddle :sweat_smile:

Your cat is soooo cute :love: Is it a special breed?

Thank you :)

Have a great one, too! <3
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    You're welcome and yes, I've seen that NAP in action in one of my test saves where I left NPC voting turned on. I guess it could be a fun one in certain situations or for stories, IF you'd had your Sim vote for it in their neighborhood. The problem though is if it's been enacted in ANY neighborhood, and your Sim visits there, they will automatically get tagged for that NAP's actions. I've even seen it happen if your Sim doesn't travel anywhere. Sims from those neighborhoods will visit your neighborhood and do the actions with Sims there. Plus, with the Free Love, spouses/partners, girlfriends/boyfriends aren't supposed to get jealous, but they do! Don't get me started on NAPs, they're a mess and I could tell you all sorts of things that have been happening in my test saves as a result of those enacted. o.O

Yes, it is how nature works, but it's still sad to see. The would-be Mama Muscovy duck seems to have adopted us now. And the outside cats tolerate her, I've not seen any of them try to go after her. She's just one of the gang now I guess. Also, there's three regular yard ducks that come visit her every day. Hubby had fun chasing them around the yard a couple days ago. He wasn't trying to shoo them away, just kind of playing with them. He was quacking as he chased them. SO funny! :D

I don't think you can get them from festivals. I've had one of my Sims collect all the t-shirts from those and they never got the beret. I believe there is another career they can get that hat from too, it's either a Critic career or perhaps a writing branch. Not sure...

Agreed. Unlike a lot of Simmers here and elsewhere, I've already forgiven them and understand why it's taking so long for the fixes and why the patch/pack was so full of bugs. I'm just impatient and frustrated. I'm having fun with my test saves for the moment though, so I'll live. :)
    Maybe both? If so, like you said, I love that kind of detail was included for Pets. Pets are actually very well done in my opinion. It's just the sickness aspect for them that is frustrating and sad to see. There's other little things I'd change about them too, but not much.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was there and taken out, a lot of things have changed that were there at release and gone now. For instance, there used to be a 'bulldoze' button for lots in Manage Worlds. But they took it out so now you have to actually load a lot to bulldoze anything. The other way was so much more convenient and efficient. I have no idea why the Devs thought it wasn't good to have it there and removed it. :(

It's hard to do, but sometimes you have to in certain circumstances. One of our cats got out and showed up 8 months later pregnant. She gave birth to 8 kittens. o.O We already had way too many cats, so once they were big enough to be adopted, we took 6 of them to a local no-kill humane society. The other two were too little so we kept them intending to take them later. Well, we never took them, ended up having them fixed since they were males. Only one of them survived though. He's my current favorite furbaby, Squiffy. That Sims pet cat I shared, Ziggy, is modeled after Squiffy. <3

Never had a maid either, but I've read enough threads to know I probably never will. Agreed about daycare, that's all I do for my toddlers now too. Did you know that toddlers don't actually 'go' anywhere? If you stay focused on the point where they disappear, you can hear them making noises, sometimes singing, etc. Same thing with students attending classes in DU. They disappear into class, but they don't actually 'go' anywhere, still there. It's bizarre, kind of freaky. o.O

Since your Sims obviously knew them that would be my guess. Unless they were some of the previous Gen Sims that the current Gen Sims never met. Perhaps then you wouldn't have gotten a message. Just to be safe, I'd keep my eye on the ones your current legacy Sims have never met.

He does? That is positively hilarious! I'd love to see a screenshot of that. :D

The Brennans are all blessed with beautiful genes in my opinion so it makes sense they'd be good looking elders. :)

Thank you, I think so too! Ziggy is a mixture of two cats, American Shorthair and Savannah at the base, then I colored him myself, added some details and tweaked a few others. He's my favorite cat I've made in the game. He's a sweetheart, but fierce or territorial rather. Lilith showed up at that family's house and he attacked her. :D

Hope your weekend is going well. We're going to visit our Son and Grandbabies tomorrow! I can't wait! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    I hope NAPs get fixed soon. This sounds horrible! Maggie mentioned to imagine what would happen if a sim stole one of the urns o.O I'd be sooooo mad!

I think cats don't go after a goose as they are quite big and not on their "menu" :D Haha, I can see how that would be fun to watch lol I would film him doing that :p

Wait, style influencer is where you give the sims a makeover, right? Because I haven't done this one. But Veronica was an influencer/blogger (no clue what the name of this career is rn) and maybe the berret came with this career?

I mean, we live in a weird time, extraordinary and that things are different for a while should be obvious. You can't expect normal recently. We should be happy we got the pack in time and as long as the game doesn't crash (that was fixed asap after all!) we shouldn't complain. It's not like the devs wouldn't give the best they can in this pandemic without risking their own lives.
    I think the sickness is a bug that is a bit harder to fix. But when you get the red treats you can avoid the vet. Loki for example hasn't been sick at all yet. Freya once... But only because the squirrel bite thingy messed her up :D

There was a bulldoze button in manage worlds? :o I would love to have this back! :love: Maybe the devs took it out because it caused some problems that were too hard to fix?

My cats have never had kittens but I couldn't give them anyway so that's fine. Ziggy is sooo cute! I bet Squiffy must be even cuter then :love:

Yes, I kinda noticed that, too. Not that much the talking, singing and all that but if you look very closely, you can still see the toddler's shadow :sweat_smile:

I got the message for Barbarella and she's been dead for too long for any of the current living sims to know her. I guess it's a general warning but still, I'll keep an eye on the urns. I did this before but I kinda forgot with all the stuff going on in the house :D

I try to capture that! The one I posted was meant to show it but when I found him, he changed his pose. He does this quite often so I will eventually capture it :D

I've had pretty sims who turned into less fortunate elders tho :sweat_smile:

There are so many pretty options in CAS to create cats (and also dogs) that it's always so hard to choose only one :D The fur patterns and colors are the hardest to choose in my opinion.

I would attack Lilith, too :joy:

Sounds wonderful! I wish you a great time with our family <3
  • Options
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Loving the last chapter of gen 5. Looking forward to the lucky ladies competing for Rose's love.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    You must have a green eco footprint, I think you only get the aurora in the sky if that is the case :)

Lol Loki with his fuzzy looks so cute but kinda grumpy at the same time.

Congrats Blue!

That picture of Freya with Lulu and Cajun is lowkey scary. The darkness and the drool makes her look a little fierce (in a good way). Kinda like a tiger.

As afai says, it's not incest if the game let's you do it... Or in this case if the game does it itself ;) even if it may technically be incest lol

Kody :s

Ahhh Rose is a YA! I am so excited for the bachelorette :) what is her third trait? It's hard to tell in live mode if her chin is longer. If you look at her in CAS and compare her face as a teen to her face as a YA you may see that it is a little bit longer. Sometimes I find that sims' chins do get a bit longer between teen and YA, usually not by a lot but that can be enough to make the chin look a lot better. But, small chin or no (and honestly, it isn't that small, I've seen sims with literally no chin before lol) I do think that Rose is really beautiful!

My sims keep trying to pee in the toilet bush even though they have lots of toilets inside so yeah probably someone did pee (or poo) in it haha.

Omg they are loaded!
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 Thank you! I feel so guilty that you're the only one that didn't make it :'(

@MaggieMarley
    The lot is green as default :) It changes every 2 days tho from green to neutral and then back to green -.-

He loves his fuzzy and hates sharing it :D

The drool is so creepy o.O I sent her, Loki (was sick from the bush) and Roger to the vet. As soon as they arrived both cats were not sick anymore. I let them get a checkup instead. And I made Roger buy the red treats and stored them in the machine at home. Turns out I still had 4 left from when Tempy crafted them :|

I have no idea in what way they are related tho. So Sheila is Cam's cousin. And their kids are then great-grandcousins? It's legal and not too bad but still kinda incest :D

Kody was sane for a second and bam, back to crazy. And naughty :D

I totally missed to add her trait. I edited it now! It's perfectionist :) I will mention it in the first bachelorette chapter so everyone knows then :)

I feel like it has grown a tad. It looks a bit pointier to me than it was before. Rose isn't ugly in any means. She's no usual beauty either. She has a unique look and I always need to get used to unique looks to think they're pretty :p

I found out that the bush only looked smelly while Loki was fighting the skunk in it. As soon as he hopped out of the bush, the smell was gone. Over to Loki :joy:

I might get the 8th and then the 9th point for household worth :P
  • Options
    @Queenarella ;
    No! Not the urns! Gah! I'd be so upset if that happened. Probably consider doing what you said you will. :D

She's a duck though, not a goose, much smaller, but yeah, you're probably right anyway, she is still pretty big. Oh man, I should've did a video of that. He's be so embarrassed. LOL

Could be. I just know there's two careers (maybe more?) where they get the beret as a promotion reward.

Exactly this! Not much else I can add to it. I just wish more would understand this.

I think those treats help cure an illness, but if you give it to them regularly afterward too, it acts as a preventative. So yes, right again! ;)

Yes, and I miss it so, so much! There had to be something major that it could mess up or they would've left it.

Mr. Squiffy Squifferkins is my little Honeybear! *said in a baby voice* <3

Oh yeah, that's right, their shadow is there as well. Kinda freaky eh? o.O

That's cool then, I was just guessing since I very rarely play with ghosts so I don't know a lot about them.

Thanks, it just sounds like it'd be hilarious to see!

I have too, unfortunately. I don't remember any of the Brennans not looking very well as elders though. They've all looked pretty darn good to me. :)

Very tough to choose. It's amazing what some Simmers can do in CAP, making different animals, like farm animals, wild animals, etc. and they look almost exactly as the animal they're trying to mimic. The creativity in this community is off the charts!

It was absolutely wonderful! *happy sigh of contentment*

Current Chapter:
    Aw, man, poor Freya. :(

Let Loki do it! Gah! You missed your chance to get rid of Vlad once and for all. I KNEW you secretly actually liked the Dude! :D

Among other things, the Northern Lights are one thing I love about EL, so, so pretty!

YAY! The lot trait could be changed legally, that's fantastic! Look at allll those strays! o.O I had no idea they would come inside.

Gah! Bummer Freya ran away, glad she came back with the kittens though! They are adorable BTW, so glad they went to a good home. Freddie will take good care of them. :)

O.O Wow, Kody actually used his bed for once and only once. But at least he DID use it. I'm speechless.

That pic of Loki is truly terrifying. Can you imagine having a cat look at you like that? I'd be scared for my life. lol

Congratulations to Blue on reaching Level 10 in her career! Did you go with her to work afterward at all to get the alien reward party on Sixam? Just curious...

Tsk, Loki too? Sheesh! They sure don't like the strays eh?

Whoa! Brian's an elder, a good looking elder I might add. Guess he got lucky like dear old Dad eh? ;)

Nice star Blue! You deserve it dear! That is a bit close with the marriages/kids intertwining. But not too bad I guess...o.O

Hey Brian! Hey Roger! Did you know it was the real Dr. May's birthday yesterday? He turned 73! :)

Why does Rose look like a little kid in comparison to that bath towel hanging on the rack? o.O Anyway, it would totally weird me out at first to see a strange cat using my cat's litter box. Probably scare the sh.., uh poop out of me! :D

Happy Birthday Rose! She looks great! Hmm, I'm not sure if her chin is bigger or not. Still looks kind of small to me, maybe a little bigger?

Freya's just needy from missing Loki I bet. :)

Hi Sophie! So nice to see her again! She looks great! I bet she'll be a beautiful elder once the time comes.

Good boy Loki! Agreed, so cute he brought them right to her. Maybe it's his way of apologizing for making them worry while he was gone? :)

Looking forward to the competition now. Have a great rest of your day! <3
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    @VanPelt81 Thank you! I feel so guilty that you're the only one that didn't make it :'(

No worries.
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    I turned it off, too. I'd throw my computer out the window if a sim stole one of my urns!

Oh, why did I think of a goose when you wrote duck? :joy: And show the video to the family :p

I have no idea about all the career rewards. I barely ever use them anyway ^^

Oh I didn't know the preventative option of it at all! Good to know, thank you! :)

At least we can move a sim into a house and bulldoze it then. But your sim needs to be able to fund the building you want to bulldoze :joy:

I thought the shadow was a bug :D

I don't know much about them either. I just let them be and let them annoy me :D

Maybe there was a patch fix with elders we didn't notice?

Just recently I saw a post on Instagram where someone made a cat that looked like a duck :joy: Awesome but creepy lol
    Freya is ok again. She wasn't sick but bugged and looked sick. And gross :# It's all back to normal now.

When Vlad is gone, I have no one to trash talk in the game anymore :p

They're pretty but I wouldn't add them to the list of reasons why I would buy a pack ^^

Legally... Hm. I forgot to look it up but had already started the game. I guess it should be ok :D I hope I'm allowed to remove the trait again when the aspiration is done because SO MUCH MEOWING -.- The cats are cute but they are so loud :joy:

I think there will be more kittens in the far future when there's more space in the house. And the kittens will go to Freddie again <3

I sat there like :o when I saw he was on the way to his room and then even slipped in his bed. Crazy world.

My cat that died 2 years ago looked at me like this when I wanted to pet him and he wanted to be left alone :D HE decided when it's time for cuddles lol

Nope, every time I went to work with her you saw screenshots :)

Well, Sunshine ran away, too. I guess it's the lack of attention. Tho Loki gets love from Rose and Roger. Freya only gets it from Rose. Oh, and the ghosts love the cats, too. Barbarella is suddenly fond of Loki.

I start to guess there might have been a secret fix for elders :p I haven't had a weird elder in a looong time. Only weird townies turn into weird elders.

Blue has had the star in her inventory for a while and I always forgot to send her to the Starlight Boulevard to place it. She placed hers next to or more like close to Victoria's :) As I noted in the answer to Maggie, their parents were cousins, I think :D

Yes, I saw the picture of Brian and Anita on Instagram :) Love seeing those two together <3

Hm, Rose is rather slim and she wears a baggy sweater. Maybe that makes her look a bit child-like :sweat_smile: She also never finishes her meals :/ When I see a strange cat in my house I shoo them out :D My cat is such a coward when it comes to other cats and I want her to feel save at home :p

I think the chin grew a tiny bit. A tad pointier than before.

She has the two cats with a heart in her thought bubble quite often. I think she wants to breed with Loki again. lol

I'm not sure if she's an adult yet but I didn't see any wrinkles or lines on her face. She should be "younger" than Blue and Roger as it was only in the middle of this generation I humanized the vamps :)

Hm, Loki goes on adventures like every second day and no one misses him :D But maybe for the dramaqueen style like runaway thing :D

Have a great week <3
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    I would hunt them down, play as them, and make them give it back to my Sim. THEN, I'd mark them as unplayed again and have my Sim get in a fight with them, or just delete them from manage worlds. Last night my current Sim opened his store for only the second time, and while it was open, two townies stole some of his stuff. It wasn't because of a NAP though, they were just kleptos. Anyway, I immediately went in Manage Households and zapped them out of existence! :D

I didn't know those treats could prevent illness either until I saw a Let's Play about the pack. I think it might've been by James Turner. Almost certain it was him since he is the only GC that I watch consistently. :)

You don't need to move a family into a house you want to bulldoze. Just go to the lot from manage worlds and bulldoze it that way, then move in your family.

lol I can understand why you'd think that. It freaked me out the first time I heard one of my toddlers singing when she was supposed to be at daycare. I looked all over the lot at first, then went back to where she disappeared and heard it again. When the family returned home, she reappeared exactly in the same spot where she 'disappeared' to daycare. I didn't notice the shadow until much later with a different toddler. Oh, also, have you ever noticed that there are invisible Sims always walking around neighborhoods? Just watch the ground when it rains, or there's snow on the ground, you can see their steps splashing up water in the rain and their footprints in the snow. o.O

Could've been a fix I guess for elders, maybe. I doubt it though.

o.O How is that possible? Ducks only have two legs. I'll have to search for that, I'd like to see how they managed it. I think my favorite I've ever seen is deer, lions/tigers and bears. Oh my...
    Oh come on, I know you'd find someone else to trash talk about. Maybe Caleb? At least he's prettier to look at than Vlad's dark mode. :D

Of course not, but it doesn't hurt there is such a thing in the pack.

Opps! Didn't even think about all the meowing that would be going on. Is it as annoying as a baby's cry? *shivers*

LOL Freddie's going to be the new Crazy Cat Daddy! :D<3

Never had any of our cats look at us like that, well except one. He's a sweetheart though, it's just how his face looks. We call him Uncle Leo in reference to a Seinfeld character and an episode featuring him and his 'demeanor.' You don't watch/like the show, but others will get what I mean.

Aww, well darn, she could've went back 'home' to see the fam and party down. No biggie though, she can always go there with Roger. ;)

I meant the regular family cats don't like all the strays infiltrating their domain, so in protest, they run away. lol

Cool, makes sense then if they're distantly related she'd want to place it near Victoria's....uh, wait, do you mean Veronica's? If not, who's Victoria? #isconfused

No, I think it's just the size of that towel on the rack, it's HUGE! I always size those down once. Her big doe eyes do make her look a bit childlike though too. :)

Yeah, she looks like a young adult still to me. Such a pretty Sim. :)

He does that when he brings the feathers? That's actually adorable! Especially since he always looks grumpy/mean otherwise. hehe

Hopefully the same for you. It's been just 'meh' for me so far. Sunday was the absolute best so far! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    Ah, I didn't know kleptos also steal from you :D I thought it's only active sims that steal stuff ^^ Like that detail but I would delete them, too. Or worse >:)

Well, Freya just got a preventative shot at the vet and Loki seems to not fall sick too often. They'll get the treats to cure sickness for now :)

Lol, the only videos I watch recently are comdey clips by Jimmy Carr. I think he's probably the most offensive comedian ever :# But I kinda like his jokes and his laugh is hilarious! :D

Yeah I know but if you want to skip one step of loading then you can use this option. I sometimes use freerealestate on and then bulldoze it while moving in and then use the money cheat to get back to the money the family had before ^^

WHAT? :o I've never noticed the invisible stalkers :# I sometimes see thought bubbles wihtout a sim but usually because they're kinda rendered out and when I zoom in they appear :sweat_smile:

I honestly doubt it, too. I know that Barbarella had a very good posture, the back slider was set to very high or something. Maybe it's this part of her genes that make my elders look ok? ^^

Ah, ok, I only saw the head tho :D
    But I deleted Caleb :sweat_smile: Vlad is the only premade left in my save :p

Yeah the northern lights are a cute little detail :)

No way, there's nothing as annoying as baby's cry in the game :joy: It's loud tho. Loki and Freya already made a lot of noise but the other cats add to this even more.

Just like he was in real life <3

True, I don't know Uncle Leo from the show ^^ I watched a bit of it but even if this character was in those, I can't remember ^^

I think that was actually Freya's reason to run away. Rose gave a bit of attention to the strays to make friends with them and Freya was a bit left behind. Boom, she ran away :D She's a bit needy.

Did I say Victoria? Oops :D I meant Veronica, of course :D Sorry ^^

I wonder what Rose will look like as an elder with those big eyes. I think it'll be a bit of a weird thing to see her this old as she has a very young look about her.

I think Sophie still is a young adult :) She's one of my favorite sims ever in the game ^^

The feathers are all from the bush tho. From his adventures, Loki has only brought a gift once. And gave it to Roger :D

If I was a sim I'd be constantly orange lately as I am tense :D I'm waiting for the announcement where I'll end up for my first year of teacher training ^^ Going a bit mad here lol Else, I'm fine :)
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    Kleptos will steal stuff when visiting a retail store or restaurant. I don't know if they will in your Sims' home though, but I bet they do.

I've never heard of that comedian, but I could use a good laugh. The only videos I watch lately are mostly all Sims related. :)

I apologize for not replying to everything this time. As I shared in a PM, one of my cats is extremely sick. I'm worried and feeling very blah at the moment. Sorry... :|

I hope the news you're waiting for comes soon! Hang in there! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    I better watch out for kleptos then :sweat_smile:

He has a very naughty and offensive humor but I like that :D

It's totally fine! All the best wishes for your cat <3

Thank you! Same for you <3
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    I try to delete any townies with that trait as soon as I see them in household management. Sometimes I miss the newer ones though before I can get rid of them. I check out townies before every play session and cull most of them, some I keep if I like their traits and they look decent. That doesn't happen very often though.

I like comedians like that too! Can't think of any more recent ones at the moment, but I used to love George Carlton. He wasn't really all that naughty, but a lot of his stuff would be considered offensive to some people. Especially in this present day society. 🙄

Thanks for understanding. She's a teeny, tiny bit better today. At least she drank a bit of water. Still extremely worried about her, but I'm a smidgen more hopeful for a recovery than I was yesterday.

Have a great morning when you get up! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    I've once deleted all the townies in my save and then all my ex-contestants didn't get married off :p So I avoid deleting townies at all costs now.

If people who are easily offended watch a show by Jimmy Carr, they'd demand his arrest :joy: He has a veeeery dark humor. But I love thatB)

I hope she'll get even better and back to normal asap! It's so hard to watch a cat or also dog be sick :/

Have a great morning, too! <3
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    I remember that, was the reason Eddy and all the other contestants died single old men. :( Except Moss, I think. He was in that group of guys right? I'm having a memory lapse at the moment. Too much going on in real life I guess. :D

lol That bad eh? As long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters. :)

Keep your fingers crossed. So far she's hanging in there.

Have a great weekend! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    Yeah, that's the generation I meant. It was heartbreaking :/ Woah, hard question for me, too, acutally :D I think Moss was in gen 3, yes. But I can't say yes 100% surely.

I mean, it's dark humor and dark humor is known to shock you. If you can't stand dark humor, don't watch his shows :D But some people still complain about stuff like this then. Some jokes are brutal but most of the jokes leave me in tears of laughter ^^

Best wishes for your cat! <3

Have a great weekend, too! <3

I will start posting the bachelorette chapters on Monday and there will be a new chapter every day :) And - not sure yet - maybe even on the weekend :p