Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    Now, my wait begins again.
    I like risky woohoo when I remember it exists ;).

That is true, the face does get a little thinner I think.

I will be so sad when Mark moves out :'(. He is such a great sim :p.

Maybe getting struck by lightning is payback for breaking your stuff >:)?

I do like those jokes :). I really like him too!

I can't believe the last patch removed hybrids :'(! They are the best! Even though they are really glitchy. I do hope that Louis and Charles are hybrids anyway :).

Thank you! Have a great rest of your week <3!
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella
    They do? What about if you get rid of the curfew board? Does the curfew still apply?

I know you don't neglect them, they just get overlooked sometimes. :)

I know, I was just kidding around too! :D

Hmm, I guess Mabel could've started it. I prefer to believe it was a ghost though, more fun that way! ;)

It happens. Children change our lives in many ways, including physically. :)

Could've been either one. I've read threads where the rocking chair/knitting can be very glitchy sometimes.

LOL I should've known, you leave stuff lying around you don't care about for ages. I'm guessing all the crystals and elements from lightening strikes are still littered around the yard too, am I right? :D

I love him! The way he dresses, those eyes, his demeanor, the whole package is very attractive. :)

Guys can be pretty too! I've known some guys with longer, thicker, more beautiful eyelashes than a lot of women for one thing. Adam's a great example of that. ;)

Ah, okay. Well I guess they just got bored with the afterlife in the great beyond and wanted to come out and play with more Earthly pleasures for awhile then. :D

I've had a lot of good ones! I used to get notifications when you posted in this thread, I have it bookmarked. But for some reason I don't get any now. Bums me out. :(

Anyway, hope you have a great rest of the week! <3
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @TwinkiesLA One more day to wait now ^^
    I like the thrill of risky woohoo until it hits me out of the blue ._. And that's the only time it hits you :D

I'm not sure if it's thinner. I'd say it's less "round"? It's hard to say ^^

At some point I have to set Mark free. He will visit a lot, I hope :) And I will be annoyed :joy:

It seems more like they gain more energy to break stuff... My ghosts are seriously full of hatred. I wonder why?

Wait, hybrids are removed? I thought only the buggy ones were canceled?

Have a great weekend! <3

@Karababy52
    There's no curfew board in my house but the curfew is still there :sweat_smile: I think that's the curfew back from teen Tempy :D

More like "overlooked" :D:D

The more I think about it the more I guess it was Mabel...

I'm still shocked that Louis went the whole way from downstairs in the kitchen to the rocking chair upstairs... It took him like an hour to get there :joy:

I've collected and sold the crystals and gems some generations ago but there are so many new ones again...

Goofy, you forgot goofy :p

I don't like long thick lashes on men :sweat_smile: I'm weird, I know ^^ Most women like that, I don't.

Play with stuff... Well, more like DESTROY my stuff :bawling::D

Maybe unbookmark and bookmark it again? It's weird it doesn't work anymore.

Have a great weekend! <3
    edited February 2021
    I don't know if I can wait one more day :D...
    When you want risky woohoo to work it doesn't, when you aren't expecting it and don't exactly want it you get twins or triplets ;). It is a vicious cycle.

Faces are weird :).

Mark is a great sim :). I hope, when you do decide to let him go, he visits all the time :). Though, I guess that could get annoying if your family is trying to sleep :D.

The same thing seems to happen with the ghosts in my legacy house :p. I think it is because we exploit them until they die :D.

I am not sure if hybrids were removed... I guess I have some googling to do :). Yeah, I think they removed them :'(.

Also in the chapter 5.13 you said that Freya's traits were Mischievous, Skittish and Friendly :).

Have a great weekend as well <3!
    Post edited by TwinkiesLA on
    source.gif

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Wait, hybrids are removed? I thought only the buggy ones were canceled?
    TwinkiesLA wrote: »
    I am not sure if hybrids were removed... I guess I have some googling to do :). Yeah, I think they removed them :'(.

Allow me to butt into this conversation:
    The November 2019 patch did remove the ability for vampire-alien hybrids to be born from vampires being abducted and impregnated by aliens. However, I still was able to create them myself by cheating. I don't recommend that though.
    But that's only one type of hybrid.
    Vampire-mermaid hybrids can still be produced from vampire-mermaid unions, and the one time I made a spellcaster and mermaid have a child, the kid had no occult icon in CAS, but did do the spellcaster idle. I don't recall whether or not she had the mermaid needs icon, but I don't believe she did. I do still think she was actually some sort of messed up hybrid since she was still doing the idle CAS animation yet had no other indications that she was an occult at all. She had the weak bloodline trait. I never actually played her in game though so I can't confirm, though I am in the mood to play TS4, shockingly, so I'll make a spellcaster-mermaid couple have some kids tonight and check.
    Mermaid-alien hybrids are actually quite stable, and I've made two, one being after the patch which supposedly removed them.
    This may or may not be related: all of the children of mermaids and any other type of sim (human, vampire, alien) have turned out as mermaids. The only type of sim that this doesn't happen with is spellcasters. That may have been changed more recently though as I did this last year before Journey to Batuu came out if I remember correctly.

But hybrids are still very much present in the game. That said, we'll see when Adrian and Mabel's boys are teens as to what's actually going on with them lol

I've played with a couple of vampire-spellcaster hybrids created solely through cheats, but haven't tried alien-spellcaster hybrids... yet

Also @Queenarella
    I'm so sorry for not commenting on any of the recent chapters although I am still reading them. I've started my third year of uni and it's been getting me down and depressed a bit (well, not a bit, a lot), though your updates always manage to put a smile on my face.
    I will say that I can't wait to see how all three boys look and I'm excited for the next chapter
    @TwinkiesLA Only a few more minutes now :p
    You say it! That's how MCCC risky woohoo works. I hate-love it :D

It would get a bit crowded with Mark AND Tom visiting every day :D And Vlad pops by every few days as well...

We make them famous! They should be thankful instead :D

Afai explained it really well! Now I'm even more curious to see the boys grow up :love:

You looked back to find the cat's traits? :o Thank you!

Have a relaxing Saturday! <3

@afai1261 Thank you sooooo soooo much! I remembered that either you or Maggie are an expert on hybrids (or you're both?). Now I'm even more curious to see the boys age up!

Uni can be really tough and draining :/ I wish you all the best and the strength to get through with it! Once you graduate you feel awesome tho! :) And no problem at all that you don't comment :) (I forgot to check the homepage for comments this week anyway :D Once again...)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited February 2021
    @afai1261 Thank you sooooo soooo much! I remembered that either you or Maggie are an expert on hybrids (or you're both?). Now I'm even more curious to see the boys age up!

Maggie was indeed the hybrid expert, but I've had my share of playing with hybrids too so I know enough about them to say things like I did in my previous post :D

However...
    I renounce what I said before about vampire-mermaid hybrids. At some point in the past few months, this was patched out. There was previously no chance of getting a fully vampire child from a vampire-mermaid couple, but I just tested this (with Adrian's parents actually) and no hybrids resulted.

In June, it was present in full force:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/977065/vampire-and-mermaid-genetics-broken
    So sometime between June last year and now, it was actually fixed. The last time I had a vampire-mermaid hybrid born in my game was actually in June! Which is a very long time for them to have fixed it. Oops. That's what I get for not actually checking the validity of my claims. Sheesh, I'm a terrible scientist already and I haven't even graduated :joy::bawling:

Anyways, I did discover some things when I was playing earlier. I do still want to test other hybrid combinations though, but as with vampire-mermaid hybrids, they may have never mentioned fixing it in the patch notes. Hmm... at least, I don't remember seeing it in the patch notes. But then, I may just be bad at reading patch notes.
    Sigh... maybe I am just wrong lol

Uni can be really tough and draining :/ I wish you all the best and the strength to get through with it! Once you graduate you feel awesome tho! :) And no problem at all that you don't comment :) (I forgot to check the homepage for comments this week anyway :D Once again...)

Thank you so much <3
    That said, I do have a comment for this chapter:
    Adrian looks so hot (totally drooling over my own sim :love: ) but dang boy, stop being such a wuss! :joy:
    The new chapter today!
    It is something you hate to love :).

It would be hard for you to know which sims are your own :D.

You are right! They couldn't live without the Watcher/Creators :p. We also get them famous! But they are ungrateful things :).

Me too :)!

Your welcome :)! I think that it might have been the Playful trait in this case B). Those cats love toys and want to play all the time, even when they’re not excited.
    I do like that there are more chapters :)!

Louis not having any friends :D. You just don't make friends in legacies, unless you have the friend of the world or social butterfly aspiration :p!

Charlie saying that is kind of morbid :#... OH MY GOSH IT IS MORBID! His grandma is dying! RIP Perla :'(, you were one of my favorite sims.

Perla's urn is beautiful! But not as beautiful as she was :'(.

Charles: What a lovely day for a walk.
    In your PJs, barefeet… He’s asking to be kidnapped, isn’t he?
    No, he did this on free will! I’m innocent. For once 😀. Even though Charlie isn't named after a good person, I love him very dearly :). He is a real character!

I am glad Louis and Mabel made up :). Cookies always do the trick o:).

Yay! The Paranormal patch! Maybe we will see Bonehilda soon :)?

I am glad that Blue told Mabel to work out :). She is a chonk!

Great chapter <3! Have great rest of your weekend!
    source.gif

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella
    Wow, so curfews can get stuck. Well that's not good. o.O

I wish I knew what kind of pathing they made in this game. Sometimes it makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

They can really add up if you're not paying attention. I've had some sit in the yard for awhile I haven't noticed for my Sims too. Especially if they have a lot of landscaping.

Okay, fair enough, he's goofy too! But a good Goofy, if there is such a thing. :D

Well yeah, there's that too, unfortunately.

I'll try that because it's still happening. :(

Chapter 7.7
    So cute how Louis and Adrian are both tilting their heads to the side like that. Almost mirror images, except for Louis is shorter. :)

Bummer about the acting gigs glitch. Hopefully it gets sorted soon. Cute how Phillip is watching Daddy play. I know you do that on purpose, but it's still cute. :)

I've often wondered that about bikinis and underwear myself.

Aww man, Goodbye Perla! :( We'll see you again soon though. Very cool urn for Spellcasters eh? I've never had one in my game but I've seen them in other threads and LPs.

Hello Sunshine! Nice seeing you again, it's been awhile. Can Sims really not eat food cats/dogs have nibbled on?

So glad none of my Sims have gotten that sentiment so far. I've read it's hard to get rid of, at least when a toddler gets one for their parents. o.O Opps, you had the wrong name there when Louis was complaining about his teeth hurting over the cookies. No biggie though, I figured it out. :)

So funny how Adrian is scared of ghosts but not Mabel. :D

Wow, that's right, Mabel is surrounded by guys. Well, at least she's got some female ghosts around her still. That's good, right?

Phillip looks good in the little snowsuit, very cute! Even if he is a wild child. :D Great update!

Hope you had a great weekend! *Hugs* <3
    @afai1261 Thanks for the many information! I'm a total noob when it comes to hybrids :D Before you and Maggie mentioned them I've had no idea they were even a thing ^^
    I was so surprised that it was Adrian who freaked out over the ghosts :D

@TwinkiesLA
    They all would burn down the house if the Watchers weren't there :joy: Silly sims lol

I won't have time to play new chapters today :cry: The to do list has no end... But there are enough chapters left to post :)

Haha, so true! The sims' phones would ring 24/7 if they had friends! And I hate those two aspirations for this exact reason.

I hope I haven't changed your mind on Charlie with this comment :# It was meant as a reference to Grimmy :sweat_smile:

It was such a huge shock how fast she passed away! I think she had the shortest elder stage in my game ever... :'(

I wonder what Charles will be like as a kid, teen and young adult ^^

Maybe ;)

All my sims get chonky so fast :D But not enough to get me the "get a sim from slim to fat with the family's cooking" point -.- Little spoiler: I'll try that with Mark :joy:

Have a great weekend! <3

@Karababy52
    Either that or it's a glitch. I mean, the sim who created the curfew has been a ghost for some generations now :sweat_smile:

Weeeell, the Brennans are rich. Richer than rich. So, who cares about the bills? ^^

Goofy is never negative in my opinion :p Goofy sims are always adorable. <3

Has it changed yet? It's weird you don't get a notification. I can tag you with every new chapter if it doesn't change :)
    Louis is a mini-me of Adrian :D Makes the tilting even funnier ^^

The way they put their tiny hands together when they watch someone do anything. Too cute!

Well, I can understand it if someone wears transparent underwear... But with "normal" underwear... I think normal underwear covers more skin than some bikinis :D I also don't get why women in movies always scream like crazy when a man enters a women's bathroom by accident. It's not like they are naked or anything... The toilets are in cubicles and the part at the entering door is usually filled with sinks and mirrors :D "Oh no, a man saw me washing my hands! Better make his ears bleed by scream my lungs out!" :D

She died so fast :'( I literally said "WHAT?!" when the notification popped up... The urn looks so cool!

Sims can't grab a meal while a pet is eating off it ^^ But right after - gross but true - they can eat it.

I have no idea why Louis got that! He was angry a lot and I had no idea why for a few sim days... Then I saw the sentiment by accident. There's the "apologize" option but maybe that's not possible for toddlers?

Adrian freaks out about the ghosts so much. Even before the patch he was tense from the cats' ghostly meows :D

Female ghosts that are monsters... Breaking all my stuff :bawling: Last time I played I was soooooo close to releasing them all - except th cats <3 - to the afterlife. They get on my nerves sooo sooo much.

Philip is so lovely. Wild and exhausting and sometimes annoying but kinda cute.

Have a great weekend! <3

And I'm off to write the next chapter. Maybe you'll be lucky and I'll answer to your comments during the week and not seconds before I write the next chapter next time :sweat_smile:
    And here it is! The new chapter :)

Chapter 7.8
    That was quick! There is already a new chapter!
    Sims are so silly :p.

I know, friends in the sims are annoying :). In a legacy they turn into stalkers lol.

I love Charlie too much <3. Even though his namesake isn't my favorite person in the world :#.

Yeah, she went really quickly :'(.

I do hope he will be cute and have good traits! That is all that matters :).
    Adrian with makeup :D. Sims logic at it's finest.

Aww, Perla don't say you are sorry! It isn't your fault :).

I am so happy for Yaro :).

Tempy telling Perla to avoid the characters of the family made me laugh :).

RIP Lily :'(

Is Mabel the one maxing the Medium skill? She was the first one to do it when I got Paranormal in my game :)!

Charlie looks evil :o and he has the trait Hot Headed! But I still love him :love:.

BONEHILDA!! It is so cool to see her! Even though she wasn't very helpful in my game... :).

I wish there was a new coward trait... that would be so cool!

Phew! That was a lot! Have a great rest of your weekend <3!
    source.gif

@TwinkiesLA Sorry for the late reply :s
    The good thing about friends in sims legacies is that aging is turned on so they won't be there forever :sweat_smile: Unless the friend is a vampire.

I wonder if his namesake is anyone's favorite in the world... Maybe his wife's? ^^

So far he's only a child in my game. All three boys are children at the moment. Have been children for a loooong time :sweat_smile: I should find some time to play soon.

The makeup is bad but soon they'll give him a new hairstyle and that... the change is brutal :joy:

At least Perla visited as fast as she passed away :)

I'm happy for Yaro, too. But I'm still scared for the other guys :sweat_smile:

Yes, Mabel will max the medium skill :) She's perfect for it with her eyes and freckles and pointy ears ^^

It might be that I messed up the screenshot and Charlie doesn't look mean at all :sweat_smile: But the trait... I facepalmed so hard.

Maybe your sims are neat and Bonehilda had nothing to do? It's the complete opposite in the legacy household *cough* If there were cockroaches in the game, they'd have them :joy:

I thought there is a new coward trait? Now I'm disappointed :/

Have a great weekend! <3

And I'm off to write today's chapter :)
    And 50 minutes later, it's here:

Chapter 7.9
    The chapter!
    Yeah, friends in a legacy are rather annoying. So are siblings :).

I bet he is his wife's at least ;).

I can't wait until Charlie ages up to a teen <3.

Me too :D. I do hope they get married soon.

Wow! What a coincidence! It really does go perfect with her eyes and ears :).

Interestingly enough, cockroaches came with City Living! But you have to have a lot trait that you can't remove :).

There is no coward trait sadly :'(.
    When people yell at townies I laugh evily for minutes on end >:). Adrian yelling at the townie was funny :D.

I must admit, Caroline and her husband are cute together :). Even though she isn't into men.

The Gastly Ritual freaked me out. Mabel turned into a ghost! I thought I would have to use the Dedeathdify spell that came with ROM. Thankfully, it didn't last forever and she went back to normal :).

Bonehilda is a character :)! I can't wait to see her in future chapters.

Ooph that hairline! Adrian looks so different :D. At least the gig was funny though.

I can't wait to see Phil as a child ;).

Have an amazing weekend <3!
    source.gif

I am so sorry! I forgot to post a new chapter on Saturday! Not busy or anything, just a brainfart moment :|

@TwinkiesLA
    Siblings when they move out :sweat_smile:

Yeah but she has kids so... maybe they're more important to her?

Soon, I think ^^

Ew, there are cockroaches in the game?! o.O Good thing I've missed them so far :sweat_smile:

They are so cute! Maybe I might forgive MCCC for hooking her up with a man...

Yeah I think it's like the skeleton curse in the jungle pack :) The first time I got a skeleton I freaked out even more :D

I hate that hair. I avoid it in CAS 24/7 :D And then they gave it to Adrian... Poor boo.

I forgot to update and you had to wait longer :'( So sorry!

Thank you! After this week I'll have 2 weeks off (Easter break). And I already have prepared all my lessons for this week :love: So already a chill week :) And then time to play new chapters! I think I only have one left anyway.

Have a lovely week! <3

And now I'm off to write the chapter you wanted to see last Saturday :sweat_smile:
    And here it is! Only 2 days late :s

Chapter 7.10
    We all have brainfarts sometimes :D.
    I hope so :).

I unfortunately moved my sims into the Needs TLC apartment when I first got City Living :s. It got so annoying I moved them to a different apartment.

I had to look up if the curse was temporary when one of my sims got it :#.

Same here, I just really don't like that hair :).
    Awww Mark is still cute :).

Phillip is gorgeous <3<3!

OMG, Mark is going to have a lot of fun :#.

Charlie, you will get an A eventually!

I have not played with the Adventurous trait, but it does seem kind of deadly :o.

Thank the universe that Mabel won't be chonky anymore o:). I am glad Mabel is exercising :).

Woohoo List!?! What if Mark gets a woman accidently pregnant!

Great chapter today! Have a great long spring break next week <3.
    source.gif

@TwinkiesLA Brainfarts happen :D I even have them during lessons sometimes :joy:
    With San Myshuno - if I play in an apartment - I always choose the apartment with the lot trait where EVERYTHING breaks over night -.-

Carl's sims guide is a huge help for such "issues" :)

There are more hair I don't really like but this one is one of the worst :D

Mark will still be cute as an elder, I'm sure :love:

Now imagine Philip with his glowing eyes! I hope they'll come back - or I can change them back - when he's a teen!

Mark will break some hearts. And as MCCC marries off every townie in the blink of an eye - but not with the ex-candidates -.- - he'll also be a homewrecker :|

All of the legacy kids and teens get As. No exception B)

Philip is my first sim with the Adventurous trait. I'm not too happy about it so far :D

No idea why I want her to shed some pounds. She's still pretty tho :)

Well, now that you mention it... I totally forgot about risky woohoo :D So far, he doesn't even have a girlfriend :joy: But if there should be some little Marks... Who cares? :D He's not the heir. >:)

Thank you! It'll be so good to have two weeks off :love: Have a great time, too! <3
    Thank you <3
    I haven't tried that lot trait yet! What is it called?

Mark is one of the cutest sims I have ever seen o:).

I can't wait to see the boys as teens <3.

It is so suprising seeing Mark taking on this heartbreaker mantle :o , but I like it >:).

I haven't tried the Adventurous trait yet :). I am not excited to get it :#.

She is so gorgeous, even as a chonk.

I hope he has children :), I bet they would be good looking o:). Then again, you know how Risky Woohoo works :D.

Have a wonderful weekend <3!
    source.gif

@TwinkiesLA
    Gremlins! That green claw one :sweat_smile:

I played a bit yesterday and Mark had a really great time :D He deserved it. I will move him out of the house soon tho :'( And I was so busy playing with him that there are still no teens in the house :joy: I played for 3 hours lol

Mark was always the cute goofy guy, right? Now he's the creepy heartbreaker :joy: He has a high level in charisma from his bartender job and mixologist aspiration. This helps him build relationships really fast. Maybe too fast. It only took like 2 or 3 sim days to finish the girlfriends milestone :sweat_smile:

From yesterday I can tell you, in the kid stage it's more like a "spoiled brat" trait :sweat_smile: Philip really messes with me. A lot. I need Bonehilda every day now because of him :D

I wonder why she gained all that weight so fast. My sims get feastier over the sim years but most of them get this chonky as an elder and not as a young adult :sweat_smile: And it can't be the three kids alone... Barbarella had 10 and abs from yoga :joy:

I decided against it, tbh. Most of his girlfriends have a husband (thank you MCCC). I found one gorgeous single! She's a premade from the Snowy Escape pack. She will be his only girlfriend when he moves out and then I'll let MCCC do the rest. I hope...

Thank you! My break starts now :love: Have a lovely weekend! <3
    @Queenarella
    Thank you so much!

I am glad that Mark had a lot of fun >:). I will be so sad when Mark leaves :'(. The boys are still children :o, I wonder when their birthdays will be.

Maybe he can become the sweet, goofy guy again after his aspiration ;).

The Adventurous trait must be something to make Phillip a spoiled brat :D.

Mabel probably got fat through lack of exercise, it happened to one of my sims :).

Thank goodness he won't get any girl pregnant o:)! I wonder who his girlfriend is :D.

I hope that your break is relaxing <3!
    source.gif

@TwinkiesLA
    I thought about letting Mark stay until he dies but he deserves a life with a wife and kids :) And there's not enough space in the house for two families :sweat_smile:

I could have sworn Louis was old enough to age up during my time of playing but nope :D But he'll become a teenager really soon :) Tho not in the next few chapters. As the break is finally here (2 whole weeks!) I have enough time to play and write chapters. So there will be more than one chapter a week :) Maybe we'll even make it to the next casting call?

My plan is to make him "slow down" again with only one woman :) Marry her and have kids. But I'll let MCCC do that job :joy:

Most of my sims don't exercise tho :sweat_smile: Maybe a patch changed the weight thing again? It has happened before many times lol

Well, at the moment he has girlfriends. :D

Thank you! <3

Off to write the new chapter now :)