The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hair Color Mystery

A while ago one of my sims had a son,Deacon, when he reached toddler he had blonde hair. Blonde hair. He is third generation, and not one single sim in that family has blonde hair. I don’t know how he possibly has blonde hair, his mother had black and his dad has dark brown. Deacon also has an older sibling named Cherish, that is a twin (But they look different) and she had dark orange hair. Deacon and Cherish’s dad’s mom and sister has orange hair, but it’s still not the same shade as Cherish’s. I can kinda understand Cherish’s hair color cause relatives have orange hair, just not the same shade, but I have no idea how Deacon has blonde.

It’s not a very important thing, but does anyone know how he possibly has blonde hair? His dads other sister has an alien toddler, and in one form she had blonde hair and the other she had orange. I kept her with orange hair, but she still somehow had blonde hair as well.
ZjzmtTb.jpg

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    Honestly, I know a real-life couple who have dark brown hair and have blonde kids. It's the running joke of the family that dad isn't the father and mom slept with the milkman. But the kids have dad's eyes so we know it's his kids.

Genetics and DNA is such a mystery, to be honest. Granted this is a computer game so it could be more random than we would like. One of my best friends comes from an Italian family. Dark skin and dark hair. Dad and mom and BOTH sets of grandparents all have dark brown eyes. His brother and sister both have the same brown eyes, but somehow, beyond anyone's realm of understanding, he has crystal blue eyes, but still the same dark complexion and dark hair. There's no explanation sometimes.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    A while ago one of my sims had a son,Deacon, when he reached toddler he had blonde hair. Blonde hair. He is third generation, and not one single sim in that family has blonde hair. I don’t know how he possibly has blonde hair, his mother had black and his dad has dark brown. Deacon also has an older sibling named Cherish, that is a twin (But they look different) and she had dark orange hair. Deacon and Cherish’s dad’s mom and sister has orange hair, but it’s still not the same shade as Cherish’s. I can kinda understand Cherish’s hair color cause relatives have orange hair, just not the same shade, but I have no idea how Deacon has blonde.

It’s not a very important thing, but does anyone know how he possibly has blonde hair? His dads other sister has an alien toddler, and in one form she had blonde hair and the other she had orange. I kept her with orange hair, but she still somehow had blonde hair as well.

Did one of the parents have cc hair? Even if it's a Maxis colour, I've noticed in my game that it can occasionally throw the genetics off.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Loubyloulou, I’m a Xbox1 player. I can’t download CC.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Honestly, I know a real-life couple who have dark brown hair and have blonde kids. It's the running joke of the family that dad isn't the father and mom slept with the milkman. But the kids have dad's eyes so we know it's his kids.

Genetics and DNA is such a mystery, to be honest. Granted this is a computer game so it could be more random than we would like. One of my best friends comes from an Italian family. Dark skin and dark hair. Dad and mom and BOTH sets of grandparents all have dark brown eyes. His brother and sister both have the same brown eyes, but somehow, beyond anyone's realm of understanding, he has crystal blue eyes, but still the same dark complexion and dark hair. There's no explanation sometimes.

I agree. XD My parents both have black hair but mine is golden brown, my brother has black hair too and none of my aunts and uncles or grandparents had brown hair.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif