Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are My Townies Being Robbed?

I haven't heard any burglar alarms go off which weren't tied to my active household. I didn't see any police cars roll by nor did I hear any police car sirens go off. What I did see were the 'Day After' effects from my townies. There have been at least three townie households which say they have been robbed.

Of the three, the one which stands out the most is Jocasta Bachelor. My Sim met Jocasta Bachelor in the park. They were just talking when my Sim got the 'listen' action in his que. Since that's not uncommon to see in a conversation I didn't think anything about it. What caught my attention was the 'I've Been Robbed' animation which Jocasta did as she told my Sim about what happened. That animation coupled with the fact my Sim had the option to compliment her on her bravery is what has me thinking my townies are actually being robbed.

I've only seen the option to compliment someone on their bravery after they have put out a fire, never in normal conversation and certainly not to a Sim who has the 'Coward' trait.

So, does anyone know if its actually a normal part of the game for townies to get robbed??

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    That's really interesting! I get popups that sims have had stuff stolen by kleptos but that is probably just an SP thing. I don't think I have ever seen an interaction like that between my sim and an inactive and my sims are always left to free will. I was under the impression that only actives got robbed. Do you switch households? If so, did these townies get robbed while you were playing them?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    That is interesting. My kleptos haven't heard anything. :wink:
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @Mikizumi - I play with high free will on as well. These were single household games where my townies did the 'I Got Robbed' animations. In each case, I was having my Sim meet the other Sims of the world to build up their charisma points. I thought being robbed was just an event for the player as well, now I'm not so sure as it's turning out some actions and events I thought were for the player only are enabled for the entire neighborhood/world.

@RFLong7 - I haven't seen any news about Klepto theft either. Then again, my game is using the standard SP and not the NRaas one (for now).
    Okay, so no one else has had this interaction happen? I think I'm going to add a jail system to Sunset Valley just in case this turns out to be a thing.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Which animation is that? TS3 definitely recycled a lot of animations for talking. Though complimenting her on bravery is weird 'cause Jocasta's a coward!

I wouldn't rule out a fire just because they're easily more possible to happen in a vanilla game to unplayed sims. Not necessarily the same house fire you could get with an active family but being dumb with grilling or a witch's fire blast or being part of a generated job for the firefighter profession can all happen.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    It's true a lot of interactions share the same animations. Fire sounds like a likely scenario to me. I usually go into map view so I can see tags to know what another sim is saying to mine since I only see "listen" in the queue from sim level.
    @InfraGreen - The animation is the same one which plays every time 'Talk About Burglary' is selected. It wasn't just the animation which had me thinking they were robbed but also the images in her dialog bubble (police car, police car light, burglar's mask and judge's gavel). I've seen that combination of images enough times from my own robbed Sims. All together it sounds (looks) like she's talking about being robbed.

I don't know how unseen inactives respond to things, but I'm guessing she did something 'brave' (like maybe not run away or pass out) which was why my Sim had the option to compliment her on her bravery.

On the other hand, I've also not seen an active Sim get the option to compliment a Brave Sim on stopping a burglar, either. I have only seen the option appear after they put out a fire. So, I don't know what gives, just that three different households said (via icons and animations) that they were robbed.