Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free stuff flagging system needed

The thought occurred today while trying to build a house using the stuff in the latest patch, that I can't find any of it other than the stairs I can bend around. In theory, it might have gotten that new items thing, but the game is a re-install so everything other than the basic base game stuff has it. If the items - CAS or b/b - can have little symbols indicating their source packs, why can't the freebies we get via the patches have something? Doesn't need to be one for each batch of freebies, some sort of freebie symbol would do, just like the various installements of holiday things have a gift box.

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes, it would be very helpful. Often it is a pain to look for something specific if you don't know its name.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @Oldeseadogge I agree. Some kind of icon, like a "no cost" (dollar sign in a circle with a line going through it) symbol would be great.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    One of the sim gurus said a while back that it wasn’t easy to do or something like that but that they considered it as well.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Lame excuse. If they can flag pack content, they can flag this. What is flagging content compared with making the game the content goes into?
    At the very least they could, in the announcement, provide the names of the items so they could be written down in one's notes. That deck in the video with the light up railings looks nice, but if I don't know what the parts are, can't build one, especially since so many of the pictures in the b/b catalogue look so similar.
  • Options
    Addidtion to the above. The names for these things should be distinctive, not 'fence' or 'handrail', and the like. A similar problem exists with the arch, door, and windows - perhaps a prefix of 'Middle Eastern' would help. It took well over an hour to find and verify all the items (not gotten to CAS yet) in the video. Am seriously not amused and it's a good thing those folks don't work for me. A ticked-off Navy senior petty officer is not a pleasant experience.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I always have trouble finding CAS items that are added in patches. It’d be great to have a designator icon on them and be able to sort by Patch Items. Usually I end up stumbling across patch additions many months later and completely by accident.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Honestly the gold new item star should show up on update items, not patch items.
  • Options
    Something needs to show up on the patch items. What is the point of making and sending them if they can't be found? As mentioned above it took over an hour to find the objects in the video. The only CAS item confirmed found is the head wear that ignited all the uproar. Have yet to find any of the Lunar New Year items or the Caribbean ones. Might be easier getting into Ft. Knox than finding this stuff.