Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many lots have you lived on?

I notice I tend to pick the same lots over and over and most the lots in the sims I've never even visited. I'm trying to break that habit and have a look around more.
What about you guys?

*Answer just for the packs you have, don't worry about ones you don't own!*
*"Living on" counts as visiting for the purpose of this poll*

How many lots have you lived on? 124 votes

I thoroughly explore every lot in the game
15%
Kita5399AjaGiotaydevelelunicyBabykittyjadeGorgeoiousDevilNDisguiseCandiGir1mustenicat_momcoolsim9999999calaprfyJojoMOMSTERGrumpyGlowfishVivi_WillowTreeAriaMad2HeatherInMyHeartbubbajoe621DMDCT 19 votes
I quickly visit each lot to get a feel for where I want to live
15%
Frn0731SikoahGraceIsb917zagboorulesChanty25fallenangel66sillyangel0906happygurldoedearMonaveilCupidhappyopiJasonschick80RyphlandeternalrainnMaedpetewentosiamoz96Avis_pixie 19 votes
I have visited most but not all.
40%
Akl500PLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatIceyJkippy300AyradyssWritin_RegCorkysPetalsMeteoraStormPaigeisin5MagdaleenaMsShaShaloubyloulougoodcakebaker62ldmarkoMVWdeZTChampandGirlieorangehippogriffwormstache999Annaka44 50 votes
I've visited about half
14%
Colorist40elanorbretonPegasysFroilstehlampeEvaliynDeKayFurSimsOfficialFeisbukaiteTodilooEvalyn326SERVERFRAFaeChaigretchend417prettyscion06DaWaterRatEefje96Queenarella 18 votes
I've visited a few, but tend to generally stick to the same ones over and over
13%
alexspoom13dreamergrl84lisamwittLustianiciaSelinaKylesSindocatpoliceofficerswifeBashsync2015xMarianxEvie0602mandyssims93SimAlexandrianerdfashionGeralt_ofRiviapopstarsleyCaprianaB_ayogabby_ 17 votes
I only ever use the same lot.
0%
AngelEb95 1 vote

Comments

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't know exactly how many lots I've visited, but they're quite a few. I figure there's a handful I haven't been to yet.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I've pretty much only visited lots my sim got invited to, were next to secret lots, or that my vampire feeds from. I send her to the same couple lots, so only those families will hate her. lol. I always build the houses my Sim lives in.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    lots of them.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • CandiGir1CandiGir1 Posts: 64 Member
    To me, mixing up the lot is just part of a new story. New sim, new neighborhood from the last one. New everything.
    6qrDi11.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I think I'm going to have my photographer Sim visit every lot and try to take 3-5 pictures of it that would "sell it". I'll just imagine she's working for a real estate company or something. Looking for the best views of every lot will give me a fun way to explore all the ones I haven't and I can save the photos in a thread here to help me remember which are which for when I am moving new Sims in haha! :)
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I've had my Sims live in, uh, pretty much all the lots in Newcrest, the residential ones in DSV, several in Windenburg and Willow Creek. The ones where they didn't actually live I've at least checked in on and a lot of them have been rebuilt. But there are a few I've not bothered with (Oasis Springs, I'm looking at you).
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Well, I can never really live in the same lot twice because I've been playing with the same save since I started, but I do like to explore every nook and cranny of every neighbourhood in every world. Even with lots I never visit during normal gameplay (and don't bulldoze for space), I take a look at them at least once to see what or who is there.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The sims I play are all very different so I aim for a specific feel for everyone, but I still have to me like the lot.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I need large lots for my families so I only play on lots that are at least 40x30. I also don't like worlds where it doesn't snow, so that leaves me with even less lots to play on. I really wish we could get more large lots.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I haven't got to every lot but most of them i've been to at one point or another.

- I haven't been the Von Haunt estate yet, neither the Munch's or Free spirits. I also haven't been to the Ruins, Quad Manor or the Old Quarter Inn nearby that in Windenburg.
    - I haven't explored Oakenstead and neither have i set foot in the library there, both in Willow Creek.
    - I haven't explored the Museum in Oasis Springs.

I make a mental note of what i've done and haven't done, even 1,000 hours played.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I felt this option was closest though I'm unsure if I have visited all lots in Strangerville and Sulani. I have played the same save rotationally since the beginning and like to make use of every lot and usually edit them to my liking. I haven't gotten around to the newest worlds yet.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I bulldoze every lot and replace them with residences and community lots from the Gallery. I don't even bother to check them out first. My one and only family has been living in Brindleton Bay on the lot since Cats&Dogs released. On the lot that housed the vet clinic. I love that location because it's so active with lots of walkbys.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I've visited about half
    As I'm setting up a template save with the houses adjusted a bit (at least those with sims already in residence) I technically have visited them all - but as those visits generally consisted of verifying that there was a smoke detector, adding a thermostat, and maybe adding the sprinkler system for higher end houses, I don't actually count those. In play, I've visited maybe half the houses in my worlds.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited September 2019
    I am not completely sure but i think i have visited most of them at least once

but also i don't really ever play in desert worlds so by now i have no recollection what is actually there :joy:

and actually i don't think i looked at what is on the lots enough before i bulldozed it all soo maybe i should :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've been to most of them but there are a few that I haven't yet. Even if I haven't lived in them, I've visited most of them. My rotation has various social strata though I tend to play the more productive members of society.

I've lived in all of the worlds that I have except Magnolia Promenade but I have community lots that I visit there.

I played a few playable cops and they get sent to NPC houses.

There are some lounges that I barely go to so I really should visit them more.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm all about the views. I check out new lots for size, which depends on the number of Sims in the household, but I love a gorgeous backdrop and that usually determines where I place new households. The lesser lots without a nice view, are used for venues. Using the new handy staircase options, I am building more two story homes that take up less lot space so I am better able to use smaller lots now. Funny how new options to place staircases has changed the way I build.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I try to live on or visit the premades (and stay for days) on each lot. I'm sure I've missed a few. I like checking out the views from all angles and under different conditions (sunrise, sunset.. winter snow ect..) Sometimes I see things I don't notice unless I stop and watch or have my sims do things outside or with the walls downs... Trains passing, the variety planes, different types of views or even objects I missed seeing unless I'm there and looking. Also the sounds are different in each neighborhood, was sending for my sim for a jog last night and enjoying the hooting owl sounds in Glimmerbrook.
    I also like to put my sim in a place that matches their backstory and personality somewhat :). So yeah I try to see most of them for a good period of time.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I peek into most of them, in Manage Worlds mode, just to see. So let's only count lots in which I have played households - it's not that many, I only have 4, including Newcrest, which I use solely for building.

Oasis Springs is my most-played world, in which I have actively used 7 lots, two with my own builds.

Willow Creek sees less of me. I have only played in four lots, one of those being my own build.

Glimmerbrook is new and small, but I love the starter cottage, and recently evicted the Amiable Acolytes to house another family, so 2 there.

Yes, I definitely gravitate to favorites. I always have.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I have all the packs, and the first thing I do with a new one is check out all the new lots. I have remodeled or replaced every lot in one of my saves, that took a really long time.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Cause my sims never afford to move out of their starter homes!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have built on every lot at least 3 times or more. I have 3 different world saves plus 10-12 saves I keep and play when I am in the mood to play that story. I have deleted lots of saves that got buggy.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    One if the reasons I'm a rotational player is that I can create and play with many households on most lots. I haven't lived on all lots because some are community, but I've visited every lot in the game.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I have built on every lot pretty much. But I haven't done live mode yet in the Del Sol Pinnacles, the Myshuno penthouses, the posh district in Willow Creek (the one to the left of the screen), and the low-end area in Strangerville.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I can't give an exact number since I don't keep track of it so I wouldn't know off the top of my head. I tend to stick to the same worlds, but try to use different lots.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I've visited about half
    I choose a beautiful lot.