Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you've played for a while when....

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    ... you are late for a RL meeting because you had checked the in game clock rather than your RL clock...

Oh, dear …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    When you find yourself wishing you could turn on the Penny Pixies lot trait at your own rl house.

You can, check inside of your couch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    When you look at houses on a walk and go, "Yeah, I could totally build that. In The Sims."

This is me at least once a week
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    When you burn the rl dinner cos you were keeping an eye on your sims instead.

When you cant go to bed until your sims are all tucked up for the night.
    When you look at houses on a walk and go, "Yeah, I could totally build that. In The Sims."

This must apply to most simmers lol. I know I'm guilty.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    ...when you design your bullet journal mood tracker by the emotions in TS4.

I did a TS3-themed monthly snapshot in mine!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    When you subconsciously look at houses and think you can build them.

Or actually do. I have houses in both TS2 & 4 (mostly 2) that are simsian versions of ones I've been in or seen. Not to mention renditions from RL house plans.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2019
    When the notification jingle for times up in the timer app on your cell is part of a song from TS2 build mode! :)

When you get out of bed in the morning late for work because you overslept after playing Sims all night and think about how it would be SO nice to just jump and spin to change clothes. So, just to be silly, you jump and spin anyway then shrug and laugh at yourself. lol
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

I've said I want to build it. I'm very new to the world of building, I have YouTube to thank for the little skill I have.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    whenever i see a house that i don't like, i think to myself "that looks like something i'd build in TS4 and then immediately regret"
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ...you look at people on the city bus and think, "These townie outfits are terrible."
    I had to LOL so hard on this. That is how I feel when walking into Walmart.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I've said I want to build it. I'm very new to the world of building, I have YouTube to thank for the little skill I have.
    It's ok, building takes years of practice. I only can do it somewhat because I've been building since my cube homes in the first Sims. But to share a tip of HGTV inspiration and continue the thread

........when you watch Property Bros and want to recreate the build in the Sims.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2019

Man, I do that ALL the time too! A couple weekends ago Hubby & I were driving up north for a mini holiday and he asked me if I saw a deer or something when I was rubbernecking behind us at a house I liked and wanted to see better how it was built. lol When I sheepishly told him what I was doing, he just laughed. He knows me well. :)
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member

All the time. And the scary thing is, I've been playing for less than six months. XD (But then again, I've done the same thing with other games, so...)

When you have Sim versions of your favourite fictional characters and you spend so much time with them that you forget what the originals look like.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    When you subconsciously look at houses and think you can build them.

Or actually do. I have houses in both TS2 & 4 (mostly 2) that are simsian versions of ones I've been in or seen. Not to mention renditions from RL house plans.

I recreated houses I'd lived in when I first started building. Then I got magazines from Home Depot that had floor plans in them and went from there. I'm glad now we've got the new stairs. I might try again to build my current house. U-shaped staircase to the second floor.

You know you've played too long when, you keep finding items advertised on TV that look like objects from the game. ;)
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    ...when you wonder what your current motives state is
    y'all got bread?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    ...you start deleting pool ladders or leaving the oven on out of reflex.

Pool ladders still matter? Sims haven't needed those in a long time, or did something change recently?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    ...when you no longer bother picking out names for babies your Sims have, because there have been so many of them it doesn't even matter any more, and whatever the game picks out is fine even if it's Mordock or something.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Winthorpe wrote: »
    When you starts speaking Simlish.

Guessing at spelling here, but I routinely catch myself saying, "Doh-da-veppy", "utsu utsu", and "neeb!" either in my head or under my breath during the day. I sure wish I knew what "doh-da-veppy" meant.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited November 2019
    A tad embarrassing, but when you start sceeing people you swear are real-life doubles for certain Sims, in real life. I had to look twice because I saw someone who looked so much like Gunther Munch.

And then there is the noticing of people as IF they were Sims. Human body and face styles and forms (of whatever gender) are much more noticeable to me now, and much more enjoyable to take notice of, though one has to be careful not to stare.
    Post edited by Nushnushganay on

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    When you start googling baby names or surnames because you've used the same ones over and over.

When you ask your hubby if he's up for a little woohoo and he gives you a blank stare. It happened. Don't judge me.

If he understands and agrees, do you then punch the air and go "yibs!" :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    ....When you're chatting to someone you know and you imagine a green + sign appearing over their head.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    When you are out in public and see a person and say to yourself “he’d make an interesting sim.”
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    When you almost end your video call for work with "sul sul!!!"

(Yeah, no kidding, that very nearly happened today)
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    When I whip out my phone to take a picture of a building so I can build it later.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    My ring tone for my phone is the sims theme song.
    Laugh out loud. Often