Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Band Practice Question

How do you get bands to come together for practice when they don't live together?

I've only seen the 'practice' option appear when all of my band members resided in the same place. Once I separated them by moving each into their own home, no matter what I do I haven't get the option back to call them to practice. Is there a special place in which they need to practice? Or, can they practice at one of the member's homes?

Comments

• KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    I never saw this practice option. I usually do jam sessions. But the is an option on your sim phone “call all band members” or something like that, then after a while they will all come where you are (if they aren’t busy).
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Keiomestre - Thanks. I've seen the option you made reference to. And, unless I've totally lost my marbles, I'm certain the option said practice. Considering they were all living together at the time, I thought it was useless but would be great once they separated.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    If I recall correctly, I saw it before as well.But I had to have all the band members over and had to have one of them(preferably my active sim) playing an instrument, then you either click on yourself or your band member and click "invite to practice" or something like that.
    @GraceyManor - Thanks! I'm pretty sure that's what the option said. Okay, it makes sense now how it's supposed to be used. Thanks again.
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Well, I've tried several combinations, but the "practice" option never appeared. Maybe it's just a translation issue. My game is in Portuguese and no option would translate literally to practice in English, but I checked one Youtube video in English and the options were also "start jam session" and "invite to jam session" there.

So now I'm curious. What the option does in your game? Is it the one that allows playing blues or jam?

Maybe it's something from Showtime.

ABvoe3G.png
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
    @Keiomestre - My game is in English. I don't know actually what it does because I didn't select it. At the time when I saw it, all the band members lived in the same household and I could just make them rehearse when I wanted to, so I didn't see a need in it.

According to what @GraceyManor posted, I imagine the option would appear when the band members (who aren't a part of the active household) are either on a lot where instruments are or, if on my active Sim's home lot my Sim would have to be playing their instrument. I'm guessing its function would be like the option that asks Sims to join in their jam session, only they would be called to rehearse. Late Night is currently uninstalled from my game so I won't get the opportunity to test this to see if it works or not.

Oh, it's not a Showtime related option because I only had Late Night installed when I saw it.