Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create Own Clothing and Hairstyles

What I think would be good is if we could have the ability to create our own clothing and hairstyles, as sometimes the kind of Sims you want to create are limited due to what's on offer.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I don't think I understand. It looks like you are describing custom content?
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    That's what custom content is for!
    I already do this. I want a thing to exist in my game, so I try to make it myself. A lot of people do this!
    Others may download the stuff people upload and put it in their own games.

It does come with the downside of making your gallery creations more difficult to download, though. It's also desktop only; console games don't support mods.

So while it's not a perfect option, it's still definitely something.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    i do agree they should make cas more custom in a way
    but i don't think we would be able to create whole new set of assets in game ourselves without making it CC

they could make smaller categories like ''front hair'' ''backhair''
    which would instantly give way more hairstyles for people to use
    or separate jackets and shirts or those full body outfits that already exist
    so we could match however we like

in a way doing that would already expand cas possibilities a ton
    and i think they even did something similar to that in old games console version actually
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    But..but I dont want sims to have backhair XD

that would require a total rework of the way CAS works, and they won't change that, i fear, or we would at least have the colorwheel back by now.

Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited September 2019
    But..but I dont want sims to have backhair XD

that would require a total rework of the way CAS works, and they won't change that, i fear, or we would at least have the colorwheel back by now.

:joy: I mean you could change bangs separately from rest of hairstyle
    the wording :sweat_smile:

i just feel its much smaller revamp than colorwheel though since technically its not new mechanics
    its just making things into separate objects instead of one object to match as you like

but true, still its just a small dream they'll probably never make happen for ts4 since its ''too much work''
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    edited September 2019

:joy: I mean you could change bangs separately from rest of hairstyle
    the wording :sweat_smile:

I know, i'm just kidding. ;)

You'd need to add separate layers (in cas and - more important -on the sim-model in game) for bangs, tails, main part, probably sliders, for length, curlyness and whatnot, new cas build-a-hairstyle categories, test for clipping, hats and other issues. Theres a ton of work involved, nothing you'd do on the go.

I also wish they would invest more money in gameplay and especially innovative design, but maybe thats a company DLC they didn't buy ;) The Sims franchise is marketing wise a cash-cow for them.

Look how difficult it seems to implement that sims can interact with each other playing games like fetch, frisbee and so on again. It's something that fans have been begging for for ages.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    TS2 came with a piece of software called BodyShop, that allowed players to make custom skins, eye colors, hair colors, makeup, and recolors of existing clothes. Now, for TS4, you have to download piece of third-party software called Sims 4 Studio to do the same thing. It's a real shame that they didn't give us a TS4 version of BodyShop, because I loved using it to put custom graphics on clothes and make crazy hair colors in TS2, and TS4's clothes do have...limits...when it comes to color and pattern choices.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    That would be custom content. Though it could be possible to have hair and bangs and all that separate and can choose what to add on your sims. I doubt it would be possible now and can live without it as long as we got different choices; but it would be neat to see,
  • Harujii_Harujii_ Posts: 28 Member
    Assuming you mean something like being able to lengthen hair in CAS with sliders, that’s probably gonna be one hell of a task to program. Imagine the clipping issue
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Be able to put the pretty tops with any jacket/sweater without a mod/mcc.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Oh, man... the geometry issues... the clipping...

I mean, hair front and back as two separate meshes, that I can see working as hair is basically a wig you put on the digital doll.

But jackets over any top, layering tunics and dresses over jeans?

Not happening in sims 4.

From everything I've seen, to do layered clothing would require an entirely new mesh system for the Sim. Something closer to the Poser/Daz Studio model, and even that is a royal PITA to kitbash layers together without helper morphs and magnets. Heck those differences are part of why I haven't investigated making real custom content - new meshes - very seriously. (That and I really don't want to learn Blender. My knowledge of Hexagon isn't solid enough that working with Blender won't mess me up.)
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    The old sim games would come with a separate program that helped you put your own images on clothes and such. It was so easy! Why is there nothing like that for The Sims 4?